Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pure Golden Heart by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pure Golden Heart

frecklegirl87

Chapter Seven: This Isn't My Stop!

AN: warning: I put a little of my own stubborness in Draco's character and Ginny too, in this chapter. If they seem a little out of their normal selves, then just know I just put a little force to it. Sorry it took me so long to update!

Ginny landed perfectly in her fireplace in her flat, or so she thought she had. She did land perfectly but yet it wasn't her flat. She looked around to see the gloomiest place she thought there ever could be. This was just pitiful. The curtains didn't even match the paint on the wall, for goodness sake. This was not her flat. It couldn't be.

Ginny stepped out of the fireplace and began to examine the place as if she was judging a room as if your life depended on it. The curtains were dusty and ugly looking. A greenish-silverish color to them only with a coat of dust layered on top. It was just disgusting.

Who could bear to live here with that ugly taste of colors? Ginny thought.

"It's about time you got here," a voice startled Ginny out of nowhere.

Ginny spun around to see Draco sitting in a chair, a very nice looking chair, with a oak, it looked to be, table next to him with a cup of coffee she presumed on the coaster. There was a copy of the Daily Prophet, the one that had apparently had her and her mother in it together, sometime after her father died. Also on the table next to the table was her letter to Draco.

"Where am I?" Ginny immediately demanded, giving orders to Draco, and not wasting a moment of time.

"I would have thought you could at least figure that one out by yourself, don't you think?" Draco said, slyly.

"Why am I here then?" Ginny threw instantly.

Draco simply shrugged his shoulders and then took a sip of his coffee and then put it down. He pulled out a chair and motioned for her to sit.

"So you don't know why I'm here?" Ginny asked.

"Oh I know why you're here. I'm just not sure if you're going to like the reason for it," Draco said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ginny asked, again demanding for an answer.

"Sit Gin," Draco said, motioning for her to sit. "You shouldn't be on your feet at this moment you know."

"I'm fine," Ginny said. "And in case you haven't noticed, I'm not even showing yet. So I think I can be on my feet for however long I like."

"Wrong you are my dear," Draco said, looking at her middle section.

"Why do you insist to look at me like that?" Ginny asked, sitting down.

"You are indeed showing. It might not be much, but you are some," Draco said.

"How dare you say such a thing!" Ginny said, disgusted at the moment.

"Well, don't get your knickers all in a wad just because I looked at your bulging belly," Draco said. "Besides it won't be the last time I look at you."

"Why you bastard!" Ginny said, getting up in a rage.

"Now hold on," Draco said, grabbing a hold of her and not letting her go. "You're carrying my child right?"

"Unfortunately, yes," Ginny said. "What does that have to do with you not letting go of me?"

"Because you're probably going to faint after I tell you something," Draco said.

"Try me," Ginny said. "But-"

Draco chuckled a little bit. He had to admit, he liked her sense of pride and she sure was damn feisty. Draco then went back to a more serious tone before he interrupted her in her little rant about to begin.

"But nothing Gin," Draco said, holding onto her tightly. "Every Malfoy from the last hundred years or so, was born in the master bedroom, and the father of the child always delivered it. It's always been a boy so naturally that way the Malfoy line wouldn't be tarnished from out of sight. There's no way around it Virginia. It's bound by an oath of blood."

Ginny started to go limp with fear and also with a little weariness plus the tears. She stumbled back out of Draco's reach, while he tried to hold on to her at the same time.

Draco reached again. This time, he succeeded.

"No!" Ginny said, with anger. "Stay away from me!"

"Gin, please," Draco said, going after her.

Ginny was now leaning against something sturdy.

"Why can't I get to my flat?" Ginny asked, or rather demanded.

"Because you no longer live there," Draco said. "All your belongings are now in the master bedroom. And the other stuff is in a room that's been especially designed for you."

"What!" Ginny exclaimed. "You didn't even bother to ask me first!"

What was he planning? Ginny thought. A serenade with the future mother of his child?

"Gin, I had to do what the oath powers would have done if I didn't," Draco said. "Be glad I did before it took over."

"And what would the oath powers be?" Ginny asked.

"Oath powers would have waited until you were-"

"Don't say it will you?" Ginny asked.

"But you do know what I was going to say right?" Draco asked.

"Yes," Ginny said. "Where's my room then?"

"Our room is up the stairs and all the way at the end of the corridor and to the left," Draco said. "Don't even try to get out of being in the master bedroom. You should feel privilaged to be in the same room as me."

"Like hell," Ginny said, and then went the way he said.

"You don't even know hell. Trust me, this is nothing compared to hell," Draco said, following her making sure she didn't try to make an escape or something, or lock the door on him.

Ginny finally made it up the steps and then stopped for a breather. She stooped over a little bit, just to stretch. Draco, on the other hand, panicked at the sight of this. Before she knew it, Draco had her upright in no time.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Ginny growled as she then elbowed him in the stomach, and quickly turned away from him. "Don't you ever touch me like that ever again!"

Draco was now on the floor breathing hard. Apparently, he hadn't given little redhead over there enough credit then she deserved. She wasn't kidding when she said she could take care of herself. Wait, where did that come from? Must have been the night they met in the pub. Before they got too sloshed to remember anything from beyond that point.

"I thought something was wrong! I thought you were falling! I pulled you up," Draco said, quickly defending himself.

"Well, you thought wrong!" Ginny said, and then hurried to the door to the master bedroom. She entered and closed the door quickly behind her and locked it securely. With a few extra charms to go along with it.

Ginny then turned around to see a big giant white teddy bear on the right side of the bed. Then when she touched the teddy bear a message began to appear in front of her.

To the Mother of My Child---

I know I may not love you yet,

I know I might not be what you need,

But I still cherish your pure golden heart.

Love yet to come,

--- Draco

Ginny's eyes then began to tear as she turned on the lamp and then turned the overhead light off. She then crawled into bed beside the teddy bear and embraced it while she cried herself to sleep.