Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dirty Dancing by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dirty Dancing

Amynoelle and Heaven

Someone asked if they could be in another country and still enter… the answer is YES! We will ship you a CD anywhere if you're a winner, as our way of thanking you!

Also, with the Ginny situation- she's not evil in ALL our fics. If you read Heaven's stories The Raven and Return to Me series she's friendly with Hermione, and in Amynoelle's story Sweet Home London she's been redeemed. We don't make her evil in all stories… just most of them ;)

Again, thanks everyone for leaving such fantastic reviews!

Heat Wave - Martha and the Vandellasnever I'm with him
Somethin' inside
Start's to burnin'
And I'm filled with desire
Could it be a devil in me
Or is this the way love's supposed to be?

It's like a heatwave
Burnin' like a heatwave
Deep in my heart
I can't keep from cryin'
It's tearin' me apart

To Hermione's great relief, her father wasn't in the cabin when they'd returned that afternoon. He'd left a note saying that he'd decided to play some more golf with Vernon and would be back before dinner.

Hermione hadn't had time to change clothes as she was already running late to meet Harry at the dance studio. She knew she didn't look her best. It had to be the hottest day of the summer and Hermione was nearly out of breath when she finally made it to the studio. From just outside, she could hear the sounds of salsa music and female laughter piercing the air.

She looked down at her plain denim shorts and simple white camisole top and wished she'd had time to change, but there was nothing she could do about it now. She couldn't wait to see him again and felt a smile playing at her lips as she pushed open the studio door.

That smile quickly faded when she saw Harry was still giving a dance lesson---if you could call it that. This woman, who was much older and heavily made up was trying her hardest to keep her hands firmly planted on Harry's arse. Harry seemed to be taking it all in stride and just seemed to pretend not to notice or care. A part of Hermione felt a little jealous at the sight before her.

The woman was older, but she was certainly beautiful. A gnawing feeling came over her as she wondered exactly how many women Harry had been with in his time. He was strikingly handsome and with what he did and who he was, women were probably throwing themselves at him all the time.

Hermione felt a little nauseous as she watched him dance with the woman. She sank back against the wall and closed her eyes.

Harry tried to push the guest away to arms length but she was like a leech, winding her arms around him, her large bosoms pushing against his chest. "And after I dip you," he did just that and he felt like his arm was going to break off. "We do a simple turn and I drop on one knee."

"Is it getting hot in here?" the woman said flirtatiously to him as the music ended. "Or is it just you?"

"It's not bad," Harry replied mildly. "Wow... it's already four!" he faked a large flirtatious smile. "Time sure flies when you're having fun."

The woman frowned. "I could certainly make it worth your while if you wanted to extend the lesson a little bit longer."

"I'm afraid I'm all booked up," Harry said, trying to sound as sympathetic as possible. "Same time tomorrow then?"

"Count on it," she said, patting Harry on the buttocks and smiling at him as she turned to walk away. She noticed Hermione sitting on the floor by the door.

"He'll definitely give you your money's worth, sweetheart," the woman said conspiratorially at Hermione. Hermione managed a forced smile as the woman walked out and closed the door behind her.

"Finally!" Harry replied, opening the window. "Blast, that woman is a pain in my arse... comes on like a raging bull."

Hermione didn't say anything as she got to her feet and stared down at the hardwood floor.

Harry smiled as he embraced her tightly. "I missed you," he said, burying his face in her thick hair.

"Me too," she said softly.

"What's wrong?" Harry finally noticed her lack of response. "I know it's bloody hot but it'll cool down when evening hits."

"Nothing," she said, moving away from him. "I'm sorry I was a little late. My mum took Lavender and I into town for a bit of shopping and once Lavender gets started, it's hard to tear her away." She knew she was babbling again, but she couldn't look at him when she was feeling so damn insecure.

Harry pushed his fingers into her hair and lifted it off her neck. "That's not all that's bothering you, is it?" he asked quietly.

She nodded. "If I ask you something, would you be completely honest with me? Just don't tell me what you think I want to hear. I want to know the truth, okay?"

"Of course," Harry replied.

She stepped back from him and ran a hand nervously through her hair. She bit the bottom of her lip and then looked up at him and asked him quickly, "H-have you, you know, been with many...women?"

Harry frowned. "No, not really... there have been a few but none that ever meant anything like you do to me, Hermione."

She felt buoyed by the tail end of his answer, but couldn't help asking about the first part of his response. "When you say a few, how many would that be?"

Harry's brow creased. "There have been three women, including yourself. The other two aren't of any importance here. What brought this on?" he asked. "Do you think I'd cheat on you?"

"No," she said quickly. She couldn't believe she'd been so stupid to bring this up. "I've never felt this way about anyone before and I've never had anyone look at me the way that you do." She turned away from him.

"I just can't believe someone like you would be satisfied with plain old me. You could have anyone you want, Harry."

"And I want you," Harry turned her back around. "You're far from plain... you're... you're stunning." he caressed her cheek gently. "I love you, only you."

She looked up into his green eyes and knew that he was telling her the truth. She smiled as he took her in his arms and pulled her close. "I love you," she whispered. "I wanted to say it last night, but I---" she was cut off by him pressing his lips to hers.

"That's all I need to hear," Harry said softly.

She pressed her forehead to his and felt content in his arms. "You know, we could always skive off this lesson and head back to your cabin," she whispered.

Harry laughed. "Don't tempt me, Hermione." He kissed her again. "I'd rather save the skiving off for later."

"Spoilsport," she teased. She pulled reluctantly away from him and began to stretch as he walked over to the CD player. "How's Cho?" Hermione asked. "You did go and see her, right?"

"She's fine," Harry answered. "Went and got her some vitamins and such this morning... she's on bed rest so I had to talk to Luna about taking over her ballroom duties."

"If my dad planned on talking to me today, I was going to ask him," Hermione said. She noticed Harry tense up at the mention of her father. "What?"

"Nothing," Harry shrugged.

"Now who's trying to be evasive?" she asked pointedly. "Did you see my dad today?"

"When I was going to see Cho..." Harry sighed. "He doesn't want us to see each other." he gave her a rueful smile. "Guess we can add him to the list of people opposed to us being together right?"

Hermione fumed. "I can't believe him! I wish he would realize that I'm not a little girl anymore and he can't tell me what to do. He's being totally unreasonable. He's always been this way, Harry. Once he feels a certain way, he's not going to change his mind. He's stubborn to a fault."

"I don't want to be a wedge between you and your father," Harry pointed out.

"I've always done what was expected of me and what they told me to do," Hermione said softly. "I've never gone against their wishes. I never thought I would in a million years."

Harry sat down by her. "I don't want you to be unhappy," he said quietly.

She leaned over and brushed her lips against his and her fingers lingered on his cheek. "I'd be unhappy if I wasn't with you," she whispered. "If it means having to lie to my parents, then that's what I'll have to do. I hope that eventually they'll come around and see you like I see you."

Harry smiled. "All right then," he got up. "Miss Granger...I do believe we are scheduled for a dance lesson." he said, extending his hand to her.

She took his hand and he pulled her to her feet. "Go easy on me," she said cheekily to him. "I'm still a little sore from last night."

Harry laughed. "Does that mean Latin is out of the question?"

"For now," Hermione teased. "How about something nice and slow?"

"Ballroom," Harry nodded. He walked over and set the music to the right tune. "In some ways it's a lot like tango, but without the sudden moves and dips and such." He held her at arms length. "The proper stance is this," he held up her hand and moved his other arm around her waist. "Now... one two three, one two three...." Harry began to guide Hermione around the room.

"Is there anything you can't do?" she asked, thoroughly impressed yet again at his talent on the dance floor.

"No," he smirked. "Why, you want to teach the teacher?"

She laughed and shook her head. "I'll leave this to the expert, thank you."

"And I am the expert," Harry whirled her out. "Turn... turn..." he said and Hermione did as she was told. "On everything," he pulled her close for a kiss.

"Now who's tempting who?" Hermione said breathlessly when he let her go. "Between you and the heat I feel as if all my insides are going haywire."

Harry pulled her close. "It's all from me," he said, his lips moving over her skin greedily as the ballroom dancing was instantly forgotten.

"Mmm," she murmured as she ran her hands through his hair as he kissed her shoulder and pulled down the spaghetti strap of her camisole top.

Harry bravely slid his fingers past her bra, pulling the other straps off her shoulder and pushing her shirt down. "I could take you right here," he murmured, breaking his lips away for breath only.

Hermione tugged at his t-shirt as she pulled him to her. "What's stopping you?" she asked boldly.

"Are you up for it?" Harry pushed her over to a set of mats by the wall.

She nodded as she sat down on the mats and grabbed the collar of his t-shirt and pulled him down on top of her as she fell back onto the mats.

He kissed her again, working her shirt over her head and yanking her bra off. His hands were almost magnetically drawn to her breasts as she pulled away at his shirt, almost ripping it in the process of getting it off his body. Hermione let out a tiny moan as Harry licked her hot skin before tearing into her shorts.

Whereas their lovemaking the night before had been gentle and tender, this was more primal and full of need, want and lust. She'd never felt more out of control in her life. On some level she knew that anyone could walk in on them at any moment and she supposed that was part of what was turning them both on at the moment.

After they were finished, Harry handed her his shirt. "I think I tore yours too much to wear," he said, only slightly embarrassed.

She took the shirt and sat up so she could put it on. "I can't believe we just did that," she said, smiling wickedly at him.

Harry grinned back. "And in an unlocked room no less," he got up. "I've certainly made a wild child out of you."

"I don't think I'm ever going to be able to look at this place quite the same again," she said with a laugh.

Harry hugged her to him briefly. "I love you," he said, his nose in her damp hair.

"I love you, too," she whispered back, wanting to linger in his arms.

"We should get out of here before Ron and Luna come in for one more practice," Harry said a minute later. "We can go visit Cho if you like."

"That'd be perfect," she said. "But we both must look a fright after what we just did!!"

Harry shrugged. "I didn't go into details, but I'm sure Cho knows what we've been up to." he said casually.

Hermione walked over to the mirror and tried to smooth her hair down. "Was she okay with it? I mean with us?"

"She thinks you're great," Harry came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "It's a good thing my hair is always messy, I don't have to worry about making it look neat." he grinned.

"You're not helping matters," she said with a laugh. "You blokes always have it easy anyway. I just have this feeling that everyone's going to know what we've been up to when they get one look at me."

"Not if you hide it well," Harry could not resist kissing her again. "Although those swollen lips of yours won't fool many."

"Again, not helping matters," she said, trying to pull away from him. "Oh, sod it all! Let's go."

Harry grinned as she produced his cloak from a bag. "I'll wear it, you look hot enough," he teased.

"What am I going to do with you?" she said, as he pulled the cloak over his head and disappeared before her eyes. "Don't try anything funny, either," she warned.

Harry followed her out of the door. She had just asked for trouble with her last comment. As they walked to Cho's cabin, he saw Draco with a pretty blonde girl. Harry figured when Hermione stopped that it was her cousin.

"Hi, Lav," Hermione said, trying to sound casual. She turned her gaze to Malfoy and said coldly, "Draco."

"Hi Hermione!" Lavender was clearly bubbly about something. "Where are you off to?"

"I was just taking a walk," Hermione said quickly. "What about you?"

"Oh, Draco and I were just off for the same thing," she leaned into the blonde. Harry took the opportunity to move around Draco and poke him hard in the side.

Hermione tried hard not to laugh as Draco turned around, startled. "Is something wrong?" she asked Draco without a smidgen of concern to her voice.

"No," Draco glared at her. Harry laughed to himself and moved back to Hermione, squeezing her sides. "Problem, Hermione?" he asked snidely.

Hermione wanted to say that her problem was that he was trying to take advantage of her cousin, who was blissfully unaware of what a horrible, awful person Draco Malfoy truly was. Out of respect for her cousin and not wanting to instigate a row with him, she decided to keep her opinion to herself, for now.

"No," she replied. "None at all."

"We've got to go," Lavender replied. "I'll see you at dinner Hermione," she gave her cousin a meaningful look before pulling Draco away.

When she was certain they were out of earshot, Hermione said, "I really wish someone would take that wanker down a peg or two."

Harry laughed quietly under his robe. "Sooner or later," he said, bumping purposefully into her side.

"Ouch," she said, pretending to be hurt. "As if I wasn't sore enough already!"

"I'll have to make up for that later," Harry said, sending a shiver up her spine. After a quick look around, he pulled the cloak off as they arrived at Cho's cabin and slipped inside.

*** *** ***

Neville squeezed Cho's hand. "I'm really glad you and the baby are going to be all right." he said.

"We wouldn't be if it weren't for you," Cho said sincerely. She laughed as his cheeks reddened. "You've never been one to handle praise and compliments well, Neville. You deserve them, you know that, right? You were my hero last night."

"Thanks," he mumbled, nervously rubbing his nape with his free hand. "All I did was take you to the doctor... I wish he'd have let me in there while he was working on you."

"Well, the important thing is that you got to me when you did," she said with a smile. She really didn't want to relive the actual moment by moment of what that doctor had done to her. Deciding to change the subject, she gestured down to the bowl of ice cream in her lap.

"This should be against the law," she said, as she took a bite of the strawberry ice cream. "How did you know that I would need this?"

"Lucky guess," Neville's smile returned. "Ice cream always makes girls feel better, whether they're sick or just upset about something." he teased.

Cho laughed. "Luna brought me something earlier from the cafeteria, but I could barely stomach it. This, however, I could eat everyday for the rest of my life."

Neville laughed. "I'll keep that in mind when you're eight months pregnant and don't want to gain any more weight."

"Hey," Cho said defensively. "I am eating for two now!"

"Right," Neville's eyes were still laughing as she finished up her ice cream. He took the bowl and set it on her bedside table. "Now it's time for your vitamins too." he opened the small containers.

Cho took the two tablets in her hand and placed them on her tongue. Neville handed her a glass of water to wash them down.

She was about to say something else when a soft knock at the door interrupted her. "Come in," she called out, winking at Neville.

Harry and Hermione came in, Harry folding his cloak over his arm. "Hey you two," he said.

"Hermione!" Cho called out. "In all the excitement I didn't even get a chance to ask how the dance went last night!"

Hermione grinned. "Well, you were a little preoccupied."

Cho nodded. "Details, please."

"It went fine," Hermione said proudly. "This one here," she said, gesturing to Harry. "Managed to keep up with me."

"It's about time I found a fit partner," Harry teased.

"I think you could ask anyone around here," Cho said, smirking at him. "That it's been me who's carried your sorry arse these past few years."

"Ouch," Neville grinned. "Quick wit, this one." he was still holding Cho's hand.

Hermione noticed their intertwined hands and wondered what was going on between her two friends.

"Oh," Hermione said, looking at the carton of empty ice cream. "You had strawberry ice cream!"

"Yes," Cho said, beaming at Neville. "I could have kissed him when he walked in with that. It was just what I needed."

"You didn't save any for us?" Harry asked in mock outrage.

"No," Cho said without a hint of remorse. "It was all mine and it was fan-bloody-tastic."

"Git," Harry replied as Hermione elbowed him. "So what's going on Neville? Haven't seen you much around here lately."

"Seems as if you've been busy," Neville grinned back at him and Hermione.

"Maybe when Cho's feeling better, we could go into town and grab a bite to eat or something?" Hermione suggested. She didn't think anyone from the resort would see them and it would be nice to go on a sort of actual date with Harry.

"That would be fun," Harry agreed.

"It's a date then," Cho said happily.

Neville looked at her hopefully. "You want me to go?" he was surprised.

Cho turned around to look at Neville. "Of course," she said sincerely. "That is if you don't mind being seen with an emotional, hormonal pregnant woman with a raging appetite."

Neville grinned. "Of course not. If I was that worried I'd have been married to Millicent Bulstrode by now." Everyone but Hermione burst out laughing.

"Who's Millicent Bulstrode?" Hermione asked, confused. "Let me guess former schoolmate who was emotional and hormonal and had a raging appetite?"

"You got it in one," Harry slid his arm over her shoulder.

Hermione rested her head on Harry's shoulder and her eyes caught sight of Cho's bedside clock. It was after six o'clock. She tensed up. "I, um, better get back."

"All right," Harry said reluctantly. "Do you want this?" he held up his cloak.

"No," she said, shaking her head. "But how about coming outside with me to give me a proper goodbye?"

Harry winked at his friends. "Be right back," he said. He put his arm around Hermione's waist as they went outside.

As soon as the door was closed behind them, Harry took Hermione in his arms and kissed her softly. As they broke apart, Hermione took her hand to his cheek and caressed it softly. "Did you want me to come by tonight?"

"Of course I do," Harry replied, kissing her again. She returned his affections, pulling his body as close as he could get.

"Well, well, well," a cold, familiar voice called to them from the foot of the cabin stairs. "If I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes, I wouldn't have believed it."

Harry pulled away and saw Draco Malfoy smirking at them from the next building over. "What of it, Malfoy. Finally come over to own up to your actions?"

"No," Malfoy said with a laugh. "I was just passing by on my way to the restaurant minding my own business." He stepped closer and gave Hermione an appraising look. "I would never have thought she'd be like that, though. Can't help but be surprised. I guess I went after the wrong cousin, hey Scarhead?"

Harry snarled and Hermione tried to hold him back, but was like a moth attracted to light. Harry punched Draco and the blond went sprawling in the dirt.

Malfoy quickly got to his feet and dusted himself off. He laughed as Hermione was trying unsuccessfully to keep Harry from going off again. Malfoy just laughed up at him. "I guess they're right when they say it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for."

Hermione glared at him as Harry flew at him again, the two men grappling in the dirt. Hermione screamed and Neville came running outside, Cho struggling and holding on to the railings.

"Harry!" Neville shouted.

Although he was already bloodied and bruised, Malfoy wasn't about to give in or show defeat. "Does she like it this rough, too?" he asked hoarsely.

Harry punched him again, bloodying his fine straight nose. Draco had managed to right hook his lip but Harry hardly felt the pain as his fist flew mercilessly. "Stay... away.... from Hermione... or I'll fucking kill you," he rasped angrily.

"He's not worth it, Harry," Hermione said, looking pleadingly at Neville to help out. Neville quickly stood between the two enemies and looked at Harry. "She's right, Harry. Just let it go."

Harry glared at Draco but he backed away, breathing heavily. Hermione ran to his side and began dragging him off in the direction of his cabin on the hill.

Draco took one look at his co-workers, some of them laughing, and he spun around and headed off blindly. He wound up at Ginny's cabin and knocked, hoping she'd be there.

Ginny, who'd been about to leave her cabin to meet Ron for a quick supper, opened the door to find a badly injured Draco standing on her doorstep. "What happened?" she asked, bringing her hand over her mouth. "Who did this to you?"

"Let me in," Draco wiped at his bleeding mouth. She stepped aside and he walked in. "That bloody Potter... I caught him kissing this guest and he went crazy on me..."

She helped him sit down on the edge of her bed and she went into her small bathroom and came back with a towel. She sat down beside him and dabbed at his many cuts and bruises. "I'm sure you didn't provoke him at all," Ginny couldn't resist saying.

"Of course not," Draco replied. "He's an insufferable git... thinking he owns the world because of his last name..."

"That sounds like the pot calling the kettle black," Ginny teased. When Draco scowled at her, she gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, sorry."

She dabbed again at a gash on his forehead. He winced. "You're such a baby," she said, relishing the fact that it was she he'd come to when he needed help; when he'd needed comfort.

Draco was about to snap back when he felt her soft hands touch his face. He took a moment and looked at her and noticed how gorgeous she looked. Her hair was pulled back at the sides and she wore a simple shirt and jeans. "Thanks," he said gruffly as she pulled out her wand and began to heal his wounds.

"Gratitude," she said, giving him a smirk that would rival his best. "I don't think I've ever heard or seen you display that emotion."

"Don't get used to it," Draco snapped.

"There," she said, as she healed the last of his cuts. "All better. You're as good-looking and handsome as ever."

Draco got up abruptly and took a look at himself in her mirror. "Bloody Potter," he spat. "I have half a mind to rat on him to Vernon..."

Ginny came up behind him. "You don't have to do that," she said mysteriously.

"Why not Red?" he smirked. "Going to set yourself up in his bed so lover girl finds you?"

"No," she said, hitting him on the arm as hard as she could. "I have something better than that planned."

Draco narrowed his eyes. "Are you going to tell me?" he demanded.

"I'll tell you," she said, slowly moving her hand up his chest and beginning to unbutton his shirt. "After."

Draco groaned. He would be late to dinner but he didn't care, he would simply tell Vernon he'd gotten ill. "Merlin..." he let his head fall back against the wall as Ginny pressed her lips to his skin.

"I missed you," she said, surprising even herself at her words. She hadn't meant to say it out loud, but it was what she'd been feeling. Usually, at any show of real emotion, Draco would tense up, but to her surprise, he didn't flinch or pull away from her. He actually smiled at her; a genuine smile that made her melt.

"I missed you too," he replied, his voice husky. What astounded Draco most about his words was that for once in his life, he actually meant them.

He picked her up and pushed her back on the bed, his mouth meeting hers for the first time in days. "I missed this..." he breathed, his lips trailing down her neck.

She laughed as his kisses tickled her neck. She ran her fingers through his hair and pulled him back up to her mouth. He pulled away from her for a moment so he could take his shirt off completely. She greedily pulled him back down on top of her and right before he kissed her again, he looked into her eyes and Ginny thought she might see a glimpse of real love there. She felt as if he was actually seeing her for the first time.

"Red..." Draco started to say but she put a finger to his lips.

"You don't have to say anything," she whispered. "It's enough for me that you're here."

After Draco properly shagged Ginny, they lay together staring up at the ceiling. "Are you planning on filling me in anytime soon?"

"You know that idiot cousin of Harry's?" Ginny said, turning on her side and propping her head on her hand.

"Harry's cousin?" Draco was confused.

"Don't tell me you didn't know that Dudley Dursley was Harry's cousin?" Ginny asked, feeling quite pleased that she knew something else that Draco didn't.

Draco threw his head back and laughed. "That's bloody rich it is," he snorted. "Potter related to that fat fuck of a Muggle!"

"Well, as I'm sure you know that fat fuck fancies Harry's Little Miss Perfect," Ginny said. "We caught them in the parking lot the other night, snogging. Anyway, I saw this person drop their wallet and an idea came to me. What if we made it look like someone was stealing things around the resort? We plant little clues and lead people in the right direction."

"You mean frame Potter for it so he's fired." Draco said. He gave a little laugh. "Red, I never knew you had it in you to be so sneaky!"

"Well, they say that you can tell a lot about a person by the company you keep," she said, playfully hitting him on the chest. "You've rubbed off on me a little."

"Maybe I can rub off on you again," Draco caught her around the waist and brought her up on top of him. "I like the way your mind works. I also like the way your body works." he moved his hand over her bare back.

"You're going to be sooo late," she teased, not caring for one moment if he was. She'd obviously forgotten about her dinner with her brother. She just hoped Ron wouldn't decide to come looking for her. This was something he probably wouldn't want to see.

"Ask me again if I care," Draco replied, bringing her mouth to his.

A/N: Never fear, there will be some R/LL in the next chapter, this one was plenty long already. Please let us know what you think in a review!! Thanks for reading! :D