Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dirty Dancing by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dirty Dancing

Amynoelle and Heaven

Chapter Two

A/N: Thanks to everyone who reviewed… it's so much appreciated by the both of us that you're all enjoying this story so far!

Get Mine Get Yours by Christina Aguilera

Can you put your hands my waistline
Want your skin up against mine
Move my hips to the baseline
Let me get mine, you get yours
Hang a please don't disturb sign
Put my back into a slow grind
Sending chills up and down my spine
Let me get mine, you get yours

*** *** ***

Harry slammed his cabin door behind him as he stormed down to the lower part of the employee area. Knocking hard on Ron's door, he pushed it open before his friend could answer.

"Oy!" Ron shouted, pulling on a pair of boxers.

"Sorry," Harry turned his back.

"Do you not believe in knocking?" Ron asked irritably, yanking a pair of jeans over his legs. "I've had a horrible night's sleep."

"Tell me about it," Harry agreed, crossing his arms over his chest as he turned back around.

"Your 'dancing session' with Ginny went bad," Ron stated.

"How did you know?" Harry asked.

"She came in here expecting sympathy from me." Ron replied, throwing the covers over his bed. "What happened?"

"I thought she just wanted to learn a few dance steps," Harry replied, rubbing his hand through his messy black hair. "She was obviously there with the intent on doing something else."

Ron turned to face his friend. "Look, she's my sister… I know how she can be; you don't need to go into any details."

"I'm sorry," Harry sighed. "I don't want to make you angry… but just keep Ginny away from me. And if she comes to you asking about me, tell her I'm not interested. Tell her whatever you have to, I don't care."

Ron looked slightly pained at Harry's declaration against his sister, but nodded. "All right." He replied.

"Thanks," Harry said in obvious relief. "Did you find out who your dance instructor will be?"

"I was hoping you'd know by now." Ron replied, switching off the overhead light as they left.

"Sorry, no… I just came right down here." Harry adjusted his glasses as Cho stepped out of her cabin to join them. "Morning," he smiled as he slid his arm around her shoulders. "What's wrong?"

Cho smiled weakly. "Nothing," she replied, not wanting to go into it with Ron standing there. "I'll talk to you later," she said in a low voice.

Harry's brow creased at her pale face. He opened his mouth to argue but Cho shook her head again and began to walk towards the employee breakfast hall.

*** *** ***

Hermione nibbled at her toast as Draco and Lavender entered another round of flirtatious banter. Her parents were up and gone by the time she and her cousin had gotten out of bed that morning, so they decided to take breakfast together.

So far Hermione felt as if she were eating alone. It was a good thing she had decided to take one of her books with her, and was careful to keep the cover flat against the table while her arm rested over the few moving pictures inside the tome.

"And so last night I had a dream where you and I had the whole resort to ourselves," Draco was saying smoothly to Lavender, who was eating up every word.

"Really," Lavender breathed, fluttering her eyelashes. "I had a dream like that too."

"Must be a sign," Draco smiled.

"Could I have some more orange juice?" Hermione interrupted. "Pardon me, I would like some more juice," she repeated in a louder voice when Draco didn't respond.

"Coming… right up." Draco replied, glaring momentarily at her. Hermione stared back at him evenly, refusing to let him ruffle her.

Lavender gave her cousin a nasty look. "Is it so hard for you to be nice to the opposite sex?" she hissed angrily. "It's not my fault that men find you unattractive and you're bitter about it!"

Hermione glared at Lavender, snapping her book shut and standing up. "Fine, stay here and let him shag you then leave you, see if I care!" she stomped away, forgetting about her juice.

Hermione banged the cabin door shut behind her. She hadn't wanted to walk around with a wizarding book in her arms, and she'd wanted to get a light sweater since the day was overcast. Hermione wasn't quite sure why she was so angry at Lavender over Draco; she knew he was a total prat just by his mannerisms.

"I'm not jealous of her," Hermione said to herself. "It's stupid to be so silly to impress a guy, especially one like him," she wrapped her arms around herself at the sudden chill in the air. A voice to her right shouted out several dancing instructions and Hermione peeked through some trees into a clearing.

"Two steps right!" Cho shouted over the music blaring out of the box she had next to her. "Good job ladies, turn around so you're facing behind and then take a step back!"

Hermione watched the young woman give out orders, casually tossing her straight dark hair over her shoulders. She admired the way the girl's dress hung just right and she tugged at her own clothes, wishing her body was like that too.

"All right ladies, that's it for today," Cho forced a smile onto her face as the guests began to chatter amongst themselves. She busied herself by packing up everything she had brought to the clearing for the lesson to try and distract herself from her situation.

"Excuse me?" a tentative voice made her jump. A bushy haired girl stood at her side, smiling slightly. "I just wanted to compliment you on your dancing abilities… I saw you and your… um… partner last night and you're both amazing."

"Thanks," Cho replied, looking back down at her things. She didn't want to be rude but she really wasn't up to much conversation today.

Hermione nodded as the woman packed up the rest of her things and gave her one last terse smile before leaving. Hermione unconsciously followed her out and her heart jumped into her throat as the black haired guy came running up, and she ducked back into the bushes and out of their earshot.

"Cho," Harry grabbed the case out of her hand. "What the hell is going on? You've been avoiding me all day."

Cho looked up at him and promptly burst into tears. "Harry what am I going to do?" she bawled as he dropped her case and pulled her into his arms. "I've really messed up this time!"

"What is it?" Harry asked, stroking her hair soothingly.

"I think I'm pregnant," Cho said in a shuddering voice.

"What?" Harry asked in shock.

"I think I'm pregnant," Cho sobbed. "What am I going to do Harry, I can't have this baby!"

"Do you know for sure?" Harry asked.

"Well… no." Cho replied. "But I've been sick every morning for awhile now… and I skipped my time of month…."

"All right," Harry forced himself to calm down. "Here's what we'll do… we'll get you a test and find out for sure. If it's positive… then we'll decide what to do from there all right?"

Cho nodded. "All right," she wiped her eyes and managed a tentative smile. "You're so good to me…" she shook her head. "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure," Harry squeezed her hand.

"If you were the father, I wouldn't care if I was pregnant," she said. "Instead, I thought bloody Draco Malfoy actually cared about me. All he wanted was a shag."

Harry pressed his lips to her temple. "He's a bloody prat, and my fist is dying to meet his face." He hugged her again. "Don't worry… I won't leave you. If you have a baby, I'll even change nappies for you." He grinned and she finally laughed.

"Thanks," she leaned against him as they started walking.

*** *** ***

"Harry… you've got to help me!" Ron Weasley slammed into his cabin. "This is beyond bad… this is absolutely the worst thing that could happen."

Harry turned on his side and glared at his friend. "You're having a bad day too is it?" he said sourly.

"You'll not believe this- Loony Lovegood is my bloody dance instructor!" Ron exclaimed. "You've got to get me out of this- I can't bloody stand her!"

"Luna Lovegood isn't a bad person," Harry replied evenly. "In fact, other than Cho, she's the only person I would even begin to trust out there on the dance floor."

"Well… yeah… but…" Ron was clearly flustered. "Harry how can you like her?" he asked.

"She's not as bad as people make her out to be," Harry stated. "Because she has to know all the dances Cho and I do we work together a lot. She's become quite a good friend to me." He flopped back down again and stared up at the ceiling.

"What's bitten your arse mate?" Ron asked.

Harry sighed. "Cho thinks she's pregnant." He said.

Ron's eyes grew wide. "You… you two… you mean…"

"No!" Harry sat up. "It was… Malfoy."

"WHAT?" Ron's reaction was loud. "How the hell did Cho get hooked up with HIM?"

Harry rolled his eyes. "I've no idea. But the bastard used her then left her."

"What happens… you know… if she is…?" Ron asked.

"I lose a dance partner for awhile, and Cho becomes a mum," Harry ran both his hands through his hair. "I have to go out later and buy her a test to see if she is..." He sighed again.

"Man," Ron sat on the edge of the bed. "I can't believe this…"

"Are you trying to miss your lesson by hanging around here?" Harry asked irritably.

"Bugger you," Ron replied rudely. "I didn't ask to be given dance lessons by Loony Lovegood."

"Luna," Harry corrected with a glare.

"Fine, Luna," Ron rolled his eyes. "If I survive this I'll thank you ten years from now."

"Have fun," Harry smirked as Ron left.

*** *** ***

Ron unenthusiastically knocked on the door to the dance studio. He had dragged his feet all the way, dreading the hours he was to spend with one of the weirdest people in the world, Wizarding AND Muggle.

"Hello?" he called out as he went up the stairs. He looked across the room to see a girl with waist length dirty blonde hair standing by some sort of device, putting round discs with holes in the middle in it.

She turned around and Ron was immediately taken aback at the sight of her enormous blue eyes. "Hello," she said in a dreamy voice. "I'm Luna, Luna Lovegood."

"Yeah, I'm Ron," he muttered. "We… knew each other back at school."

"Yes, I know," Luna said in the same dreamy tone. "You were in Gryffindor and I was in Ravenclaw. I saw you a few times in the Great Hall. I liked to watch you eat."

"Uh… er… okay…" Ron said. "I like to eat." He wanted to smack his forehead for saying such a stupid thing. "So are we going to do this dancing lesson or what?"

"Oh… yes…" Luna seemed to snap together. "So what kind of experience do you have?" she asked him, as she made her way over to the record player.

Ron looked at her in amazement. That was a pretty personal question to ask when they'd only just properly met. "Ex-experience?" he stuttered. "What sort of question is that?"

"Well, it's good to know how much you know so I'll know where we should begin with the teaching," she responded matter-of-factly. "So, how much experience do you have?"

She picked up a couple of the discs and absently leafed through them as he stared at her in disbelief.

"Um..." Ron wasn't sure what to say. "Well... in seventh year Parvati Patil and I did it in the Astronomy Tower... and I've had a few girlfriends since then..."

Luna looked over at him, the look of shock on her face mirroring the one that was on Ron's moments before. She looked quite taken aback. She regained her composure and gave a slight laugh. "Not that kind of experience, Ronald. Dance experience. Have you ever danced before?"

"Oh," Ron muttered, his face turning as red as his hair. "Not a lot... Harry got me the job here, and they said someone would be teaching me everything I needed to know... so...."

"We could start out with something easy, then," Luna suggested. "Maybe a simple box step? We could try it without the music until you get the hang of it."

"All right," Ron replied, not looking forward to being close with Loony Lovegood. "What should I do?"

Luna began to walk around Ron in circles, giving him an appraising look with each turn. She stopped abruptly behind him and Ron could see in the mirror that she was crouching down behind him, looking at his feet. She looked up at him and caught his quizzical expression. "Just seeing what kind of hand I've been dealt," she said, getting back to her feet. "Let's see. Well, for starters, you can stop looking as if you're about to get led to the guillotine."

Ron was surprised at her straightforward attitude, so unlike her normal dreamy expression she always seemed to drift around with. "Okay," he said, a true smile appearing on his face for the first time.

*** *** ***

Ginny blew her whistle once more and ushered for the remaining swimmers to get out of the lake. The sun was just going down and the lifeguards were going off duty soon.

Truth be told her mind hadn't been on her job this afternoon. She'd gone over and over in her head what had happened with Harry the night before and was at a loss as to what had gone wrong. She was a beautiful, desirable woman, and she'd had a thing for Harry for a long time now. He knew, he had to know. After their second year when he rescued her from a basilisk, she'd known it was a sign for them to eventually be together.

In her third year, he'd almost asked her to the Yule Ball that Hogwarts had thrown, but Parvati Patil had beat him to the chase and the next thing Ginny knew, she was hanging onto Neville Longbottom's arm while shooting envious looks at Harry and Parvati as they danced together. It was obvious even then that Harry was a good dancer, and he absolutely excelled at it now.

Knowing that she was running out of time, she decided to use this summer job as her last ditch effort to get close to him. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to be close to him. She knew if she'd just get him alone, it would be a matter of time before he realized what was meant to be.

She'd done everything right. She'd worn her most revealing, low-cut dress. Ten minutes before the lesson, she'd arrived and made sure to set the perfect romantic scene with candles. Ten minutes before the lesson she'd arrived at his cabin to set the perfect romantic scene. She'd lit candles and put on some nice, soft romantic music.

It was perfect because he'd been out with Cho to the main ballroom and no idea she would be there when he arrived.

Ginny slammed the door shut in frustration. "What the bloody hell else is he looking for?"

***Begin Flashback***

Ginny adjusted the neckline of her dress as she slid some sexy Muggle music into Harry's CD player. He should be there any minute, she realised with an excited flutter in her stomach. She turned the music on, lowering it to a decent volume before jumping into his unmade bed.

As Ginny positioned her dress so it showed off as much as possible while still shielding her most feminine areas, she buried her nose in his pillow, revelling in the scent that was Harry.

"He smells so good," she said, her eyes closed. She traced her fingers across her collarbone as she thought of how Harry would come in and smile as he saw her spread across his bed, waiting.

"Uh..." a voice made her jump. Harry stood in the doorway, looking at her with one eyebrow raised. "Dancing lesson right?"

"Yes," Ginny got off the bed. "I've been looking forward to it all day," she purred.

Harry dropped his jacket on the bed and walked over to Ginny. She gave him her most seductive look as she pulled the neckline of her dress down. Within seconds, he'd pulled the neckline back.

"Ginny, I'm really tired," he said as patiently as he could muster. "It's been a really long night and I'm not in the mood for games, okay? Let's just get this over with."

She stared back at him, hurt. But, she wasn't ready to admit defeat yet. "Come on, Harry," she purred. "Why fight it when we both want this to happen?"

"Want what to happen?" Harry stared back, genuinely confused.

"The inevitable," she replied, pulling her neckline down again.

Harry rolled his eyes, her intentions suddenly clear. "You know Ginny... I don't think me giving you a dance lesson is a very good idea. You obviously think something else is going to happen."

She stared in disbelief as he cut the music off and stalked over to the door and held it open for her. Her cheeks flushed red as she pulled her dress back up. As she met him at the door, she stopped. "Is there someone else? I mean, you're not with Cho, right? I haven't seen you with anyone else. What's going on?"

"I'm in love with someone else," Harry replied coolly. "But that's really no one's business but my own." He held the door open wider.

Ginny stared open mouthed at him for several seconds before getting off the bed and stomping out the door, tears of frustration springing to her eyes.

*** End Flashback***

"Hey, Red!" a voice called to her. She jumped, startled to see Draco Malfoy, staring at her, an amused expression on his face.

Her bad mood suddenly disappeared as she flashed a flirtatious smile. "Hey yourself, blondie," she teased back. Draco Malfoy had been a cold bastard when they were at Hogwarts, but ever since he had showed up at Hillsdale, they had become... closer. "What are you doing down here?"

"Well, I was on my way to the restaurant when I saw you standing here all lost in thought," he said, with his trademark smirk. "You doing anything later tonight?"

"Maybe," Ginny said, sidling up to him. "It all depends on if you're free." she raised her face as he bent and kissed her lightly.

"Meet me at my cabin at midnight?" he asked her.

"I'm there already," Ginny replied, and after one more kiss he disappeared up to the restaurant.

As she watched him walk away, she mused to herself that while Draco Malfoy wasn't whom she truly wanted, he would be a welcome, fun distraction until she had Harry Potter all to herself.

*** *** ***

Hermione finished her dessert as her parents bid her and Lavender good night- they were heading to the stage for a small play. She and her cousin could do whatever they wanted as long as they didn't leave the resort.

Seeing as she knew Lavender would be with Draco, she decided to go on over to the ballroom in hopes that the black haired guy was there… perhaps he would try and approach her to dance and this time Hermione wouldn't let Dudley yank her away.

The doors to the ballroom were open to let the cool night air in, and a waltz like tune was playing over the speakers. Couples were gliding over the floor together like clockwork.

"Hi Hermione," a voice made the hairs on the back of her neck prickle.

"Hello Dudley," she replied coolly.

"I was wondering if you'd like to try… dancing again?" he asked. "I'm very sorry I pulled you away like I did last night." His apology sounded mechanical, as if he'd been saying it over and over again.

Hermione wanted to say no, she actually wanted to turn away and run, but she knew she couldn't be impolite. "I guess so," she replied. Dudley grinned, which actually looked quite grotesque on his face, and took her out onto the floor.

She looked around for Neville, hoping he could hide her once again as he'd done the night before. He was over by the CD player, pulling out the silver discs and putting them into a case. He then headed out a side door and Hermione felt her stomach plummet.

Dudley tried to ask her questions but Hermione gave him one word answers; her thoughts were strictly on the black haired guy and his whereabouts.

"Thanks for the dance," Hermione replied automatically as the song finally came to an end. "I think I'm going to go back to the cabin now, I'm actually quite tired."

"Oh," Dudley seemed at a loss. "Well okay… see you tomorrow. Maybe we can dance again?"

"Sure…" Hermione sort of waved and left the ballroom.

She hadn't really been paying attention to where she was walking as she was so preoccupied in her own thoughts. Her eyes focused on a gate that had a big sign reading "STAFF QUARTERS: NO GUESTS ALLOWED". She hesitated for only a moment before opening up the gate and walking down the narrow path that led to the staff cabins.

Hermione saw Neville walking up the bridge toward the cabin from where the music was coming.

"Hey," she said, quickening her step to catch up to him. When he turned to see who had called to him, he frowned. Hermione noticed he was struggling to carry three large watermelons. She walked over to him and took one of the melons from him as he continued to struggle to keep the other two in his arms.

"What are you doing here?" he hissed.

"I was just taking a walk," she replied. "Where are you taking these?"

"Don't worry about it," Neville said crossly. "You can't be here, Hermione. If Vernon caught you, he'd kill me."

"No one saw me come down here, Neville," she said with a look over his shoulder toward the cabin.

"Why don't you go back to the ballroom?" Neville asked teasingly. "I saw you dancing with the little bossman while I was in there getting music."

Hermione scowled at him and handed him back the watermelon and started to walk away. Neville struggled with the weight of the three melons and called back to Hermione.

"Okay, okay," he said. She turned back toward him, a wide grin on her face. "But not word one to anyone about this, all right?"

Hermione nodded and took a watermelon from a grateful Neville as they walked toward the cabin. When they arrived at the doors, Neville used his foot to kick open the door.

Hermione nearly dropped her own watermelon as she saw the sight before her. The room was packed with staff members, doing God knows what. Hermione had seen dancing before---but never anything like this. She couldn't help her mouth dropping as she watched the people around her, dancing and grinding against in each other.

Neville turned around and stifled a laugh. "Come on," he called to her. She regained a semblance of composure and followed him through the crowd. Some of the staff members glared at her, knowing that she didn't belong there, but they continued to dance as she passed by.

She and Neville reached the corner table where they put the watermelons down. They both turned around to watch the dancers. Neville couldn't help laughing at Hermione's reaction to it all.

"Could you imagine dancing like this on the main floor?" Neville asked, pointing around the room. "Vernon would have a coronary!"

Hermione turned to respond but she saw the raven haired boy and his partner come breezing into the room. The other staff members greeted them heartily with whistles and yells. Hermione felt her breath catch in her throat as she watched the two of them make their way to the center of the floor and begin dancing.

"I know him," Hermione said slowly, then gasped as she saw his hair fly up to expose the lightning bolt shaped scar on his forehead. "That's Harry Potter!"

"Yeah," Neville replied, and then his eyes narrowed. "Wait… how do you know Harry?"

Hermione opened her mouth but she saw Neville's hand go to his pocket and finger a long, thing piece of wood. "Wait!" she held up a hand as she opened the side of her jumper. "I'm a witch," she showed him her wand.

"Oh," Neville's features relaxed as he smiled at her again. "I thought I was going to have to Memory charm you there for a moment."

Hermione smiled. "So what's Harry Potter doing here when he can have any job he wants?"

"Beats me, I never asked him." Neville saw where Hermione's eyes were focused and smiled sideways at her. "Harry and Cho make quite a couple, don't they?" he asked her.

"Yeah," Hermione said in awe just watching the way the two of them were moving.

"You'd almost think they were a couple, wouldn't you?"

"They're not?" she asked, not able to hide her surprise.

Neville shook his head. "Not since we were at school."

Hermione couldn't help smiling at this news. Of course, she felt silly for thinking like that. This boy, whomever he was, would no sooner be interested in plain, old Hermione Jane Granger than he would be in having his head examined.

As she looked at him, she couldn't help thinking that he looked somewhat familiar. He was coming in their direction. Neville's back was to Harry and when Harry finally made his way out of the crowd toward them, he bumped into Neville, who turned around and smiled at his friend.

"Hey, Nev," Harry said warmly. His eyes fell on Hermione and his smile faded a little. "What's she doing here?"

"She's with me," Neville said proudly. "She came here with me."

Hermione's eyes focused on his piercing green ones as he seemed to be giving her an appraising look. She knew she should say something. She searched her mind frantically for something cool to say.

"I, um, carried a watermelon," she said simply.

He stared at her, his expression unreadable. He looked over at Neville before making his way back onto the dance floor.

Hermione rolled her eyes at her own stupidity. "I carried a watermelon?" she put her head in her hand. "Merlin, I'm the world's biggest prat!" She grabbed her jumper and almost ran past Neville to leave the room. Hermione was almost to the doors when a hand grabbed hers. She spun around to see Harry Potter giving her a half smile.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked her. "You don't think you're getting out of here that easily, do you?"

"I uh..." Hermione felt a loss for words. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you didn't come here to just watch, did you?" Harry leaned closer and she could smell his musky cologne.

Hermione stared at him, her eyes wide. "I... I... no." she finally replied.

He grinned at her. "Okay, then." Harry took hold of her hand again and led her back onto the dance floor. He quickly found an empty spot and looked at her and couldn't help smiling at the expression on her face.

"Okay," he said, leaning in so she could hear him over the music. "Bend your knees a little bit."

Hermione obediently did as he said, and the next thing she knew, Harry's hands were on her hips. "Like this?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said, nodding his head. "But don't look down at the floor. Look right here into my eyes."

Hermione felt dizzy as she stared into the emerald coloured depths. Harry began to pull her closer as his hands forced her hips to start moving. "Then what?" she asked breathlessly.

"Just listen to the music," he whispered into her ear. "And do what you feel."

He took her arms and placed them around his neck and he could feel her start to relax.

Hermione's heart was beating so fast she figured Harry could feel it. He began to grind into her, and she did exactly what he said... she felt his body press against hers tightly... and oh Merlin if that was what she thought it was then no wonder so many women lusted after Harry.

Harry put his hands on the small of her back and then proceeded to dip her and then bring her back up where there faces were just inches apart. He grinned at her. "So, do you have a name?"

"I think so," Hermione replied dazedly. "I mean... yes. My name is Hermione." her face turned red.

He chuckled and rested his forehead on hers. "Nice to meet you, Hermione," he whispered. "My name's Harry."

"Hi," she whispered, her heart beating at an even faster pace. The music ended at that moment and Harry stepped away from her. She thought he was just going to walk away when he grabbed her hand.

"Thanks for the dance," Harry stared her straight in the eyes before bowing his head and kissing her fingers.

"You're… you're welcome. And thank you," Hermione said as he smiled again and backed away into the crowd.

A/N: So goes another chapter, this time at least we get some true interaction between them right ;) Anyways… we'll try and have the new one before Heaven leaves for CA next week, and please don't forget to review!