Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dirty Dancing by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dirty Dancing

Amynoelle and Heaven

Thanks again everyone for the fantastic reviews! Gwendy has posted the art for our story at her site: www.quillsnspills.portkey.org Our cover will actually look a bit different, but H/Hr are just smokin ;) hehehehe

Baby I need your Lovin - The Four Tops

Baby I need your lovin'

Although you're never near

Your voice I often hear

Another day, another night

I long to hold you tight

'Cause I'm so lonely

Baby, I need your lovin'

I got to have all your lovin'

Both of Harry's arms slid around her waist; her body curving neatly into his as he opened her lips, kissing her deeply.

Hermione felt his tongue sweep into her mouth and she tried to mimic him. She heard a groan escape from his throat as he lifted her up, her legs coming around his middle.

Harry pulled away momentarily to gulp in some air before he kissed her again. They kissed for a long while and Hermione was surprised to find that they were on the ground when they finally stopped.

"Goodness," she breathed as Harry rolled onto his back.

"I know," he answered, his hand coming up to brush a few loose strands of hair off her forehead. Hermione moved over so her head was touching his and they stared up at the sky in silence.

"I should get back," she said regretfully. Harry nodded and helped her up and then reached back down to retrieve something off the ground. "Is that...." her eyes grew round as she touched the silvery fabric.

"An invisibility cloak?" he asked, finishing her sentence. "Yeah, it belonged to my dad."

Hermione ran her fingers over the fabric again as Harry tossed it over himself. She laughed as he poked his head out the top. "What would people say if they saw your head without your body?"

He laughed. "They'd probably have a heart attack. I've thought about walking into the restaurant with this and seeing what my uncle would do." She laughed as he held open the cloak and ushered for her to come inside. "There is room enough for two in here," he said, raising his eyebrows seductively at her.

Hermione felt the corner of her mouth turn up as she crept beside him. "Just barely enough room," she said. "Not that I'm complaining mind you..."

He smiled down at her and couldn't resist kissing her forehead as he looked down at her. "You won't hear any complaints out of me, either," he said softly as she rested her head on his chest.

They crept back through the quiet resort; they could hear the raunchy music coming from the employee disco. Hermione smiled. "I'll never forget how you took me out on that dance floor the first day I met you."

"Neither will I," he said with a grin. "How was it you got to come along, again? Ah, yes...carrying a watermelon, wasn't it?"

"Sod off!" Hermione laughed, poking his side. "I didn't know what else to say!"

"Hey!" he said, wincing as if she'd really hurt him. "You know, you're quite cute when you get flustered like that."

Hermione turned pink. "I think you like me better when I'm dancing in that dress."

"Hmmm," he said, nodding as he stole another quick kiss. "You do look amazing in that dress, Hermione."

Hermione smiled but said no more as they came up to her cabin. "I don't want to go inside," she said, her voice muffled into his shirt.

"Do you think your parents would mind if we just stayed out here all night?" he asked, half-joking, half-serious. "I'm not quite ready to let you go yet."

"Well don't then," Hermione said, partly amazed at her daring words. "Stay awhile... no one can see us," she wrapped her fingers around his nape and drew his lips down to hers. She wasted no time in claiming his mouth completely, and from the muffled groans that were coming from his throat, he was most definitely enjoying himself.

"Hermione," Harry murmured after the kiss broke. He pulled back enough to press his forehead to hers. "You're amazing."

She was nearly breathless at his compliment. "You are too... except when you're angry..." she teased.

He looked sheepishly at her. "I really am sorry about all that. The last thing in the world, I'd ever want to do is hurt you. I was really scared that you'd never speak to me after the way I treated you."

"Hey..." she put a finger on his lips. "I already told you I'm not the type to hold a grudge... there are very few people in this world I truly don't like and you most certainly aren't one of them." Hermione smiled impishly at him.

Harry put his hand to her face and lightly caressed her cheek, and brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. He wanted nothing more than to take her back to his cabin and wake up to her sweet face in the morning. "It's getting late," he whispered, as he kissed her softly.

"I know..." Hermione replied mournfully. "What time will we meet in the morning to practice one more time?"

"Can you get away right after breakfast?" he asked.

"I'll be there," Hermione said. She wound her arms around his neck and kissed him one more time. "I'll see you then..." she didn't want to leave the warmth of his embrace.

He nodded and reluctantly let go of her hand as she slipped out of the cloak. "Sleep well," he called to her, watching as she opened the door.

"I will," Hermione replied softly. "Night Harry," she disappeared inside. She leaned her head against the cracked wooden doorframe, her lips curved up in a smile. She wished that she could go back several hours and meet Harry earlier, so she could snog him longer. "Merlin he's a good kisser," she said to herself as she went into her and Lavender's bedroom.

"Who's a good kisser?" Lavender said, coming out of the bathroom, dressed in her pyjamas. She leaned against the bathroom door.

"What?" Hermione jumped. "Oh... you heard me wrong... I saw a snake and I said it was a good hisser... you know... it was a... cottonmouth or a cobra...." Hermione felt stupid, she knew neither snake was common in the UK.

Lavender looked at Hermione with a bemused expression. "You mean to tell me that you were out in the middle of the night, looking at snakes?"

"I went for another run by the lake," Hermione replied, pulling her pyjamas out of the drawer.

"You've been doing an awful lot of that lately," Lavender said, raising an eyebrow. "Running, that is. And at such odd times, too," When Hermione didn't say anything, Lavender followed her into the bathroom. "And the funny thing is, Hermione that I was at the lake myself about half an hour ago with Draco and I don't remember seeing you there at all."

Again, Hermione was silent.

Lavender was enjoying this. Her cousin was definitely hiding something. She tapped Hermione on the shoulder. "And I know I'm not the most athletic person in the world, but even I know sandals aren't really appropriate for jogging."

Hermione spun around. "I'm surprised you noticed anything at all at the lake if you were with Draco," she shot back. "What, snogging him isn't any fun anymore that you have to look around for entertainment. When Harry kissed me tonight I--" Hermione gasped and slapped a hand over her mouth.

Lavender's mouth fell open. "Hermione! What did you just say?"

"Nothing!" Hermione shook her head. "Just... get out all right... I have to get ready for bed."

Lavender shook her head. "You just can't say something like that and expect me to just say 'okay' and have done with it! Hermione, this is huge! Harry kissed you?"

Hermione sighed. "Lav, you promise to never even breathe a word about what I'm going to tell you?"

Lavender's eyes lit up. "Of course." She took a reluctant Hermione by the hand and led her out of the bathroom and ushered her to her bed. She sat down beside Hermione and grinned. "Alright, Miss Granger- what's been going on?"

"Well..." Hermione had to consider what she was about to reveal. "Harry's partner got herself into some trouble... I'm not allowed to talk about what. But she and Harry have got this dance set up at another hotel tomorrow night and she has to be somewhere else. So I offered to take her place. All those times I've begged off because of a headache or stomach ache were really dance lessons."

"You?" Lavender asked in disbelief. "You can't dance!"

Hermione glared at her cousin. "I'll have you know that I can- he's taught me the tango. And we're to perform it tomorrow night."

"I'm sorry," Lavender apologized. "It's just not something I think of when I think of you." She smiled at Hermione. "Want me to come and watch for moral support? I'm sure Draco wouldn't mind taking me."

"No... No one can know!" Hermione grabbed her cousin's arm. "Cho and Harry will get into huge trouble... he's already gotten in trouble with his uncle over my helping." she told her cousin what Harry had revealed to her; how someone had told Vernon about her and Harry being seen together.

She also told Lavender about how Harry had been rather an arse the whole week but had shaped up over the past few days and finally the details of that evening. "I was as surprised as anyone when he kissed me," Hermione turned red as she remembered how amazing his lips had felt on hers.

Lavender giggled. "Look at you all smitten," she teased.

Hermione turned even redder. "Well... now that you know, can you help cover me tomorrow night?

Lavender nodded. "You can count on me, Hermione. This is fantastic. I never thought I'd see the day that you would be all gaga over a bloke and here you are, the smitten kitten, I must say."

Hermione glared at her cousin again, but couldn't help giggling a minute later, which was a very un-Hermioneish action as it was. "Bollocks to you," she said, grabbing her pillow and hitting Lavender over the head with it. But she secretly knew Lavender was right and maybe, just perhaps… she was falling in love with Harry Potter.

*** *** ***

Ron found himself to be a bit on the nervous side as he approached the dance studio. After their night at the lake, Luna had caught a bit of a nasty cold from being caught in the rain. She had sent him a note saying that she wanted to pick their lessons back up so he could go on the dance floor with her in the evenings starting in the next couple of weeks.

Luna was stretching in front of the mirror as Ron came into the studio. She gave him a warm smile as she caught sight of him in the mirror. She turned around and was about to say hello when her face contorted and she covered her mouth quickly and sneezed. "Sorry about that," she said, sheepishly. "I'm actually doing much better."

"I'm sorry you got sick," Ron replied. "I feel like it was my fault."

She shrugged. "It's not your fault, I got sick. You didn't know it was going to rain, did you?"

"No," Ron said. He rocked back and forth a bit on his heels as she turned back to the mirror and finished stretching. After she kissed him, he couldn't help but think of Luna Lovegood in a different way, and it certainly didn't help those thoughts as her clothes stretched against her body, leaving no curves to the imagination. "I um...." Ron wasn't sure what to say. "What dances did you want to work on today?"

She walked over to the CD player, not even remotely aware that Ron's gaze followed her every step. "How about the waltz? You've done pretty well with it so far." She chose a CD and within seconds, the soft, melodic music filled the room. "Well, we're not going to have that long to practice this morning, I'm afraid. Harry's booked it for ten, so we'll just have about an hour today. But, I figured we could meet back here tonight, if you don't have anything planned, that is."

"No, not at all," Ron said a bit eagerly before biting down on her lip. Luna didn't seem to notice his behaviour as they began to move in time to the music. "I say I've gotten pretty good at this." he said proudly.

She nodded and smiled up at him. "You've really come pretty far in such a short amount of time. I'm actually quite proud of you myself."

"Thanks," Ron smiled and looked down before he could get lost in her huge blue eyes. 'Harry was right,' he thought. 'She really is an amazing person...'

Luna bit her lip as she watched Ron looked everywhere but at her. She couldn't help wonder if she'd done something wrong. She'd be the first to admit that she hadn't planned on kissing Ron that night, but she couldn't help it. It had been a perfectly lovely evening and she'd known that he wouldn't be the one to initiate the kiss, so she had taken matters into her own hands, so to speak. Now, with how he seemed to be avoiding her gaze. She wondered if it had been mistake.

They danced steadily for the next hour, speaking only when necessary. Ron had an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach as he watched Luna grow more and more distant as their lesson progressed. When it was over, he scooped up his things and gave her a half smile. "I'll see you tonight then?"

"Yes," she said, collecting her own belongings. She watched as he walked toward the door. She didn't want him to leave like this; she couldn't let him leave things like this. "Ron?" she asked hesitantly.

"Yeah?" he spun back around.

"Um," she stammered, fidgeting. "Is everything okay? If what happened the other night made you uncomfortable, you know, in any way, I apologize for that. I guess I just got caught up in the moment. If you want to keep things strictly professional between us...I'll understand."

Ron dropped his things on the floor. "What do you want?" he asked. "Do you want to keep things strictly professional?"

She looked down at the hardwood floor. "Maybe it'd be for the best."

Ron felt his stomach plummet directly into the ground. "All right then," he said quietly. "I'll see you around eight?"

"Of course," she said, turning away from him again. She felt the tears welling up in her eyes, but she didn't want him to see her cry.

Harry hummed to himself as he went down the path towards the lake where he was meeting Hermione and Cho before heading to the dance studio. Luna had begged him for an hour to take a lesson with Ron before he trained with Hermione and he was in such a good mood after the actions of the previous night that he'd have agreed to almost anything. He was about to turn on the fork in the path when his redheaded friend came running up to him.

"Well, I hope you're happy," Ron snapped at him.

"What?" Harry looked surprised.

"It's all your bloody fault," Ron replied. "Told me I'd have the time of my life here! Ha! You said I'd make some good money and have a good time. I should have known better than to listen to you. Nothing good can ever come from it."

Harry's brow creased. "What the bloody hell are you talking about Ron?"

Ron glared at him. "As if you didn't know! You knew exactly what you were doing when you chose Luna to teach me lessons, didn't you?"

"I didn't choose Luna." Harry replied. "She chose to be your instructor! I was going to offer to do it but she beat me to the punch." He began walking again as Ron shook his head, staying alongside him. "What happened?"

"She wants to keep things professional between us," Ron said, remembering all too vividly the awkward practice session.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "I'm missing something here. You came running up to me the other day telling me how she kissed you, and now you're saying she's being the distant one?"

"I'm missing something here, too," Ron said. "We had such a great time the other night. And that kiss it took me by surprise. Hell, she took me by surprise, Harry. But, she acted as if she couldn't wait for the practice to be finished. I just don't get it."

Harry looked briefly at his watch. "Tell you what- I've got to meet Hermione and Cho for one last practice. After that I'll find Luna and talk to her if you want." Harry felt generous and was unable to keep from smiling as he thought about Hermione yet again. He could barely keep his mind off her.

Ron nodded and looked at Harry properly for the first time. His friend was smiling like the proverbial cat that ate the canary. "What's gotten into you then?" Ron asked.

Harry grinned. "Take a guess."

"You finally petrified your aunt and uncle?" Ron guessed.

"Better... believe it or not." He leaned in even though no one was around. "Remember Hermione?"

Ron nodded. "Don't tell me you shagged her?"

"No!" Harry said quickly. "Ron!"

"I'm only having a go at you," Ron said with a laugh. "So, what's the story with you and her?"

"I don't really know yet," Harry said thoughtfully. "We kissed last night for the first time," he smiled again as he remembered how good her lips felt on his.

"So, I guess this means that you were, in actuality, checking her out in the parking lot that first day, then?" Ron asked, a sarcastic grin on his face. "I hate to say that I told you so, but I did, in fact, tell you so."

"Sod off," Harry pushed him away but he was laughing. "I've got to go, I'll talk to Luna and then I'll come find you."

"Okay," Ron said. A thought occurred to him and he quickly turned around and caught up to his friend. "But, don't say that I told you to talk to her, okay?"

"I'll be subtle." Harry replied. "See you later mate."

*** *** ***

Cho walked unsteadily down to the lake. She wasn't exactly sure why Harry had asked them to meet there instead of the studio, something about Luna needing it for an hour. As she approached, she noticed that Hermione was waiting by a row of lounge chairs; Harry was nowhere in sight yet. "Hi," she said gingerly.

"Oh, hi!" Hermione said, getting to her feet. She noticed the look on Cho's face and immediately her heart went out to her. Cho's appointment with the doctor was today. "How are you feeling?"

"All right I guess... at least this will be the last time I have morning sickness..." she tried to joke but was once again hit with the feeling that she was doing the wrong thing. "How are you?"

Hermione didn't feel right gushing over her happiness over what happened last night with Harry when that paled in comparison to what Cho was going through. "I'm fine," she said, with a slight smile. "A little nervous about tonight, actually."

"Don't be," Cho said reassuringly. "You'll do just fine. Harry wants me to sit in on this practice so that we can make sure all your steps are perfect." She sat down hard in one of the chairs as another sudden wave of nausea swept over her.

Hermione immediately went to her side and put an arm on Cho's back. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'll be fine in a moment," she bent over to put her head between her knees until the nausea passed. "Hey Hermione?" she said a few moments after the sickness subsided.

"Yes?" Hermione looked over at her.

"I just... I just wanted to let you know... I'm not the type of girl to sleep around. I really thought Draco loved me... that's what he said on multiple occasions anyway. After we shagged a few times and the guests started coming, he forgot all about me." Cho stared off across the lake. "I just don't want you to think I'm that kind of person."

Hermione put a hand on Cho's shoulder and smiled reassuringly at her. "I would never think that of you, Cho," she said sincerely. "I wish you could talk to my cousin. I'm afraid that he's trying to do the same thing to her that he did to you."

"Thanks," Cho said in relief. Hermione had proved herself to be a good friend. "Just... keep an eye on your cousin. She really doesn't know what she's in for." Cho leaned in and lowered her voice. "Honestly- and this is just my suspicion... the only other person Draco could love aside from himself is Ginny Weasley. She's a sneak just like he is and everyone here knows they're shagging except her brother Ron." Cho shook her head. "Those two are literally cut from the same mould. I'd hate to see what sort of evil child they'd produce."

"I don't think I've met Ginny," Hermione said, racking her brain trying to place the girl. "Wait a minute! Is she the lifeguard at the lake?"

"That's her," Cho nodded.

"No wonder I've seen her shooting daggers at Lavender," Hermione mused to herself. "I thought it was just girls being catty, but I guess it goes deeper than that."

"Well, you just watch out she doesn't catch on to what we're up to," Cho warned. "She's had a fancy for Harry ever since we were all at school and he's never paid much attention to her. Something about a never date your best friend's sister rule... I don't know. But he doesn't have much to do with her and I've seen her sneakiness to get his attention many times."

Hermione's ears perked up at the mention of Harry. "So, he's never...I mean, he's never been with her, right?" she asked, trying not to sound as concerned as she was.

"Bloody hell no..." Cho laughed. "He wouldn't lower himself that way. Believe me when I say this- you've seen him at his worst. He's like a woman with his mood swings sometimes but he's the best friend I could ever have asked for."

Hermione relaxed at this news. She couldn't help but think she'd seen him at his best last night. He'd been so tender and gentle with her. She was about to respond when she saw Harry walking in their direction. Try as she might not to smile at the sight of him, she couldn't help grinning from ear to ear when he caught sight of her, too.

"Hi," he said when he got up to where Hermione and Cho were sitting.

Hermione didn't know how to react with him now in front of Cho. She had no idea if he'd told Cho anything about what transpired last night. She kept silent waiting for Cho to take the lead.

"Morning," Cho said, noticing the tenseness between her two friends. She looked back and forth between them as they locked eyes with one another. "What's going on?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing," Hermione said, a little too quickly.

Cho was suspicious but she knew it wasn't the time to ask questions. "Shall we get to the studio?" she looked straight at Harry who actually turned slightly red.

"Sure," he replied, offering one arm to her and another to Hermione.

Hermione exchanged a private look with Harry as she took his arm. He winked at her and she squeezed his arm.

The three of them headed for the studio and Cho forgot about what was possibly going on between Harry and Hermione as she was seized with another fit of nausea. "Why don't... you two go on ahead... I need to use the loo." Harry looked at her with concern.

"Do you need me to go with?" he asked.

"Only if you don't mind me showing you everything I've eaten since last night." Cho smiled weakly. "Go on, I'll be there in about 10 minutes." she headed off quickly for the row of bathrooms nearby as Harry and Hermione continued their way up to the studio.

Once inside, Harry shut the door quickly and then pushed Hermione against the wall, his mouth coming down upon hers immediately. She let out a soft cry that made him move his body against hers, effectively pinning her against the wood.

"Good morning, to you too," she said breathlessly when he broke the kiss a few seconds later.

She smiled as he caressed her cheek. Like a ton of bricks though, a thought came to her and that smile quickly faded. "After tonight," she began, her voice barely above a whisper. "It'll be all over, won't it?"

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, still running his fingers over her smooth skin.

"We'll go back to how we were before, won't we?" she asked, feeling slightly foolish for bringing this up, especially after he'd just kissed her as he had.

"No," Harry shook his head. "Maybe... maybe all the dancing lessons will be over... for this but I can... I can teach you other things, many things... and we can still spend time together until you... you have to leave."

She smiled up at him. "I'd like that."

"Great," Harry said in relief. He kissed her once more before releasing her. "You'd better get into the dress so when Cho gets here we can dance in case she gets sick again."

She nodded and reluctantly walked toward the closet so she could put the dress back on. "Remember," she teased, as she opened the door. "No peeking."

"That goes double for you Ms. Granger," Harry replied as he pulled off his shirt. "I do believe you've already cheated." he grinned as she blushed and ducked into the closet.

"If my dad saw me in this dress," Hermione said as she quickly pulled her t-shirt and shorts off and put the dress on. "He'd have a heart attack."

"I guess it's a good thing he won't see you in it then," Harry replied, buttoning up his shirt and walking over to the CD player.

"I still hate lying to them about it all," she said, as she slipped on the high heeled shoes. "I've never been a good liar. I think they can see through me every single time. My dad being a doctor and all, he hasn't even batted an eyelash at the number of stomach and headaches I've had this week."

"Do you want to back out of this?" Harry asked in a strange, hollow tone of voice.

She opened the door and looked at him. "No," she said solemnly. "I made a promise to you and Cho. I'm not going to break that."

Harry smiled. "All right then." he set the right CD in. "Well... let's dance and we'll just start over when Cho comes in."

"Alright then," she said, grinning as he took her hand as the music began. "Do try and keep up, won't you?"

Harry shook his head, amused. "Quite the mouth you have there Ms. Granger."

"I didn't hear you complaining about it last night," she said as he spun her around the floor.

Harry laughed loudly. "Too right you are," he dipped her back.

They went through the whole routine nearly flawlessly until the end when Hermione stumbled a little on the last combination. "Damn!" she exclaimed. She looked at Harry apologetically as the music ended. "I keep missing that step."

"It's all right," he said. "Just remember, you step on the two. If you keep that in mind, you won't forget."

"Maybe I'll finally grasp that by tonight," she said hopefully. "I think my problem is that I get so happy that I've nearly finished that I don't concentrate on the ending. It's like I'm celebrating just a little too early." She shook her head. "I just don't want to let you down. I know how much this gig means to you."

"You haven't let me down, not at all." Harry replied. "I'm amazed you learned it all in such a short time, especially with me acting like such an arse. We'll practice it and you'll have it all perfect by this evening." Harry curved his finger over her cheek.

Their faces were inches apart and Hermione had just tilted her head when the sound of the door opening jarred them apart. Harry's hand abruptly dropped from her cheek and they both looked startled as Cho came into the room, looking quite suspiciously at the two of them.

"Did I interrupt something?" Cho asked.

"No," Hermione said nervously, shaking her head. "We were just trying to, um, come up with a new way to end the dance, right?" She looked helplessly at Harry.

"Right... trying to make it a little more risqué." Harry replied, narrowing his eyes and shaking his head the tiniest bit at Cho. She knew he meant that he would talk to her later so she let the matter drop.

"What did you want me to watch for then?" she asked.

"Just make sure Hermione is completely in time with the music. We're having a little trouble with the end combination steps, so maybe you can help with that too." Harry said.

"Are you feeling better?" Hermione asked Cho, trying to change the subject as Harry went back over to start the music again.

"For now, yes." Cho sat down on a chair near the door. "It comes and goes..." she shook her head as Harry reset the music. She watched as Harry and Hermione spun around the room. "Good- good backbend on that dip..." Cho made small comments here and there; she could see Hermione was nervous about being watched.

"Relax," Harry said softly. "It's only Cho right now, but tonight hundreds of eyes will be watching you and you have to forget about that fact if you're going to do this perfectly."

"Hundreds of eyes?" she gulped. "Surely, there won't be that many people, right? You're just exaggerating for dramatic effect, right?" She looked from Cho to Harry, who exchanged amused looks.

"No..." Cho shook her head. "This is why we couldn't cancel... it's huge for us and every two years we do something different. People have come to the Sheldrake specifically to see me and Harry perform."

"We're not trying to make you more nervous," Harry said gently. "But I just want you to know what to expect. It's why we've worked so hard, why this dance has to be perfect."

"I feel so stupid," she said, looking away from the two of them. "I can't believe I hadn't thought of that before."

"It's all right. Trust me when I say it'll be easy to forget about it once we're up there." Harry said, squeezing her hand.

Cho watched Harry reassure Hermione and a sudden thought hit her, much like her nausea. 'He loves her...' she realised. 'Harry's in love with her!' she toyed with a lock of her black hair as Harry almost seemed to forget she was there and cupped Hermione's cheek, his thumb running smoothly over her skin.

"I want to believe you," she said, looking into his green eyes.

"You can trust me," Harry said. "I wouldn't lie to you... you know that right?"

She nodded and forced a smile. "Before we start again, would it be alright if I went to the loo?" she asked. "I just want to splash some cold water on my face."

"Go ahead," Harry released her and she disappeared into the little loo that was attached to the studio. He looked over at Cho who raised her eyebrows at him.

"What's going on, Harry?" she asked pointedly. "Don't bullshit me either."

Harry sighed, dropping into the chair next to hers. "I think I'm in love with her." he said simply. He quickly filled Cho in on the details of the previous night. "I'm... pretty sure she feels the same way..."

"You think so?" Cho asked, sarcastically. "She lights up like a bloody Christmas tree whenever you're around."

Harry brightened. "She does?" he asked, obviously pleased.

"This is serious, Harry," Cho said. "You're going to need to be careful. She's not just some girl you can mess about."

"I know that," Harry responded. "I told her what Vernon said to me and we're being careful! I'm not stupid you know!" he was suddenly irritable.

Cho walked over to him and smiled. "I never said you were. I just think you need to take this slowly. Don't rush into anything."

"I'm not," Harry calmed down. "Are you mad?"

"No," she said, vehemently shaking her head. "Why should I be?"

"Well... it's always been you and me." Harry ran his hands through his hair. "And now there's Hermione.... and I can't really go back you know?"

She laughed and took his hand and gave it a squeeze. "I know. I like Hermione, Harry. I really do."

"Good," he kissed her on the side of her forehead. "You'll always be important to me Cho, no matter what girl I'm with romantically."

She beamed back at him. She heard the bathroom door open and saw Hermione, looking a sight better than she did before, walking over to them. "Feeling better, Hermione?" Cho asked her.

Hermione nodded. "I think so."

"Good," Harry got back up. "We have time to practice the dance through a few more rounds and then we should be okay. You'll have to meet us here at around five- the Sheldrake is about a quarter hour away from here and you'll need to get ready."

"I'll help you," Cho offered.

"Are you sure?" Hermione asked Cho. "With all that you have going on tonight?"

"Neville's not taking me until seven thirty," Cho replied. "Helping you will keep my mind off everything..." she unconsciously pressed her hand to her stomach.

Hermione smiled gratefully at her. "I'll need all the help I can get."

"All right..." Harry started the CD and grabbed Hermione's hands. "Ready?"

She nodded. "Ready."