Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dirty Dancing by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dirty Dancing

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: Thanks again everyone who reviewed! Your comments on what we've got so far are fantastic!!

Although there were a few of you that didn't like that Harry was in love with Hermione in chapter two… all we have to say is read on past that point, you're missing the whole story!

The song H/Hr dance to in this chapter is called Por Una Cabeza, you can find it on the Scent of a Woman soundtrack and the song will be included on the DD soundtrack for you winners ;)

Objection!Tango - Shakira

I wish there was a chance for you and me
I wish you couldn't find a place to be
Away from here

Objection I'm tired of this triangle
Got dizzy dancing tango
I'm falling apart in your hands again
No way I've got to get away

Harry knocked on the door to Luna's cabin, hoping she was in there. He had about twenty minutes to spare before he had to start getting himself ready for that evening.

"Harry?" Luna asked, when she opened the door. "What are you doing here?"

"Loony," Harry grinned at her. "I need to talk to you."

Despite herself, she couldn't help laughing. "Did you want to come in?" she asked.

"Sure," he opened her screen door and slid inside. "I'm just curious as to how your lessons with Ron were going?"

"Ron?" she asked, walking over to the bedside table and grabbing a tissue. She blew her nose. "Sorry about that." Harry just smiled good-naturedly at her. "The lessons are going as well as can be expected. He's caught on loads quicker than I thought he would. Next week, he should be ready for the main ballroom." As she spoke, she avoided looking directly at Harry.

"And... that's it?" Harry straddled a chair and sat down.

"Yes," she answered, still avoiding looking at him. "That's it." The silence that followed made her quite uncomfortable. Seeing that there was no way out of this, she finally looked properly at Harry.

"He told you about the kiss, didn't he?" Luna asked.

Harry shrugged. "It's not hard to figure things out when he went storming past me on the path today." He purposely left out his and Ron's conversation. "I had a feeling something went bad."

"That's an understatement," Luna said frowning.

"Tell me about it," Harry said, his chin resting on the top of the chair.

"Don't you have to get ready for tonight?" she asked. "I'm sure you have loads more important to do than listen to my petty problems, Harry."

"I've got a bit of time," Harry replied mildly.

"Well," Luna said softly. "We kissed the other night, as you know. I caught a nasty cold and I had to postpone practise sessions for a couple of days. We didn't see each other again until this morning and we were so uncomfortable around each other. The other night I felt as if we'd brought that barrier that was between us down. This morning it was right there again and I don't know what to do about it."

"Did you tell him how you feel?" Harry asked as she sat down on the bed. "I know you've fancied him for awhile now."

Her instinct was to deny this, but she knew Harry would see right through her. "I wanted to, but I went into defensive mode and told him we should keep things professional. I remember how he was at Hogwarts, Harry. He used to say some awful things about me. I didn't mind when those catty girls said it or people I didn't care about said it, but with him, it's different. I don't want to get hurt."

Harry moved from the chair next to the bed and hugged her. "I know for a fact he doesn't think that way now... he wouldn't be this upset if he didn't feel that way about you either."

Luna broke away from his hug and looked at him with a hopeful expression. "Do you really think so?"

"Yes," Harry answered. "Would I lie to you?

Luna shook her head and smiled back at him.

"What?" Harry pretended to be mortally wounded. "You've just insulted me Lovegood!"

"I was teasing," she said with a laugh, getting to her feet. "Now, get out of here! You need to get ready. So, how are your own practises going? Cho tells me that this girl is quite the quick study."

"She is," Harry smiled wider. "Hermione's been amazing."

Luna had a feeling that there was something else going on with this girl and Harry. She didn't want to pry, but she knew that there weren't too many girls who could get Harry to smile like that. "Well, good luck tonight," she said, as she walked Harry to the door.

"Thanks Loony," he kissed her cheek. "Feel better and chin up."

Luna closed the door behind him and felt quite relieved. She couldn't wait to see Ron tonight to tell him how she felt. She just prayed that Harry wasn't wrong and that Ron Weasley actually fancied her, too.

*** *** ***

Harry waited by the car he'd borrowed from one of his Muggle co workers; his foot was tapping nervously against the gravel. 'What if she didn't show up?' he thought. 'She's obviously got stage fright, what if she decided this wasn't worth it?'

"Look, Neville," came Cho's voice from behind him. "I do believe that Harry looks a bit worried."

Harry turned around. "Funny," he replied, his arms crossing over his chest. "Have either of you seen Hermione?"

"Relax," Cho said, with a wink at him. "I just finished doing her hair and makeup. She was going to meet her cousin to go over the cover story and she promised she'd be along shortly."

"Okay," Harry relaxed. "You look awfully calm tonight."

"Helping Hermione get ready got my mind off of it," Cho said. She looked at Neville with a smile. "And this one here has been a star all day to me. He keeps telling me everything will be alright. I almost believe him."

Harry smiled at Neville. "Thanks," he said. "We both owe you a lot Nev."

"I've already promised to help him clean up the ballroom," Cho said, with a laugh. "But, he keeps telling me that he won't hear of it."

Neville shrugged. "It's not a big deal you guys," he blushed under Cho's grateful smile. She'd been tagging alongside him for most of the past few days while Harry worked with Hermione, and he didn't' mind the attention one bit.

"I think Hermione's finally mastered the combination step at the end," Cho said, again trying to steer the conversation away from her pending appointment. "You might want to go over it with her backstage one last time."

"All right," Harry nodded, running his hands through his hair.

Cho put a hand on Harry's shoulder. "Relax; it's going to be okay. She's going to do fine. You're a great teacher, Harry."

"Thanks," he replied. He saw Hermione approaching the parking lot. "There she is..." he hugged Cho."Take care of yourself tonight all right? I'll come and see you when we get back."

"Good luck," Cho said with a grin. "Tell Hermione to break a leg!" She saw Neville's confused expression. "Not literally, Neville! It's an expression that means good luck." With one last look at Harry, she allowed Neville to lead her away.

Harry grinned and shook his head as Hermione finally got up there. "Hey," he said softly. "You look fantastic tonight." Her hair was straightened and blown out, the sides pinned back, and she had minimal makeup on her face.

She blushed at his compliment. Feeling a little bold, she leaned in and whispered. "Thanks, you clean up rather nice, too."

Harry chuckled. "I'd kiss you but I fear I might mess your makeup."

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?" she asked cheekily. "I'd almost be willing to chance it."

"I don't know... I know how girls are with their makeup. Wouldn't want to make you mad at me before we dance," Harry replied, smirking.

"Speaking from experience, it's not good to have your partner mad at you before you dance, while you dance, after you dance...when you show up late from practises..." Hermione replied.

Harry grabbed her around the waist and planted his lips on hers before she could say another word. "That settles that," he said when he pulled back. Harry opened the car door and ushered Hermione inside.

She looked scathingly at him as he slid into the driver's seat a few moments later. "See what you've done! Now, I have to reapply my lipstick. I thought you had more willpower than that, Harry."

"I did until I met you," He grinned and Hermione couldn't stop the red that crept over her cheeks. He pulled the car out and peeled out of the parking lot.

Ginny Weasley watched with narrowed eyes as the car disappeared down the road. "How dare she..." she muttered, her fingernails cutting into her palms. "She's only known him what; a week... he can't be in love with her!" Ginny seethed from the way she'd watched Harry banter back and forth with the girl.

Dudley Dursley had been on his way to the restaurant, already mentally choosing his menu as he walked. The sweet smells wafting from the kitchens were nearly driving him crazy. Nothing, short of a natural disaster, could deter him from a meal, but something had. If he hadn't seen it with his own two eyes, he never would have believed it. There, in living daylight, was his cousin moving in on Dudley's girl. Never mind the fact that Hermione hadn't consented to anything yet, Dudley knew he was wearing her down.

He'd lost his appetite, a first for him, when he'd seen Hermione and Harry openly flirting in the parking lot. It nearly killed him to see her get into a car with Harry. There was only one thing to do about something like this. Dudley made his way quickly toward the restaurant. He had to tell his father about this.

Ginny was just getting up when something extremely large sent her sprawling back down. "Ow! What the hell is your problem?"

"You were in my way!" Dudley retorted angrily, not bothering to help her to her feet.

"What, were the kitchens calling your name?" Ginny snapped back. "Out here spying in the dark obviously on your way to stuff your face?"

"Do you even know who I am?" Dudley cowered to her. "One word from me about your insubordination and my dad will fire you."

"Oh I'm scared now," Ginny said sarcastically.

"You should be," Dudley said, not picking up on her sarcasm. "And that cousin of mine should be, too. You just wait until my dad hears about what he just did to Hermione!"

Ginny stopped in her tracks. "Harry's your cousin?"

"Yes," Dudley said. "What's it to you?"

"Let's just say... I have a bit of a score to settle with him." Ginny replied. "And you're... interested in Hermione?"

Dudley nodded. "He's always doing this to me. He always comes along and ruins everything, but not this time. My dad's already talked to him about this once. He'll be none too pleased to hear that his warnings went unheeded."

"Don't tell me you're going to run to daddy with every problem you have," Ginny flicked a red lock of hair off her shoulder.

"Wait up Mum!" a girl was saying. A family was walking through the parking lot on their way to the restaurant. Ginny and Dudley watched as the girl dropped her bag, things spilling onto the pavement. She hurried to put everything back but in her haste, left a wallet behind.

It gave Ginny an idea, a rather sinister idea. "Don't go to your father," she said. "I've got a much better plan."

*** *** ***

Harry smiled as he watched Hermione twist her hands. They were backstage; he could hear the crowd behind the curtain. "Relax," he took her hands in his. "Remember what I told you. Concentrate on me, pretend we're just back in the studio at Hillsdale, and that this is just another lesson. We just did it and you had the steps down fine."

Hermione nodded and was about to get up from her seat to peek behind the curtain, but Harry pulled her back down. "I just wanted to see if it was more crowded than it was when we got here."

"Don't look at the audience; it will just make you more nervous." Harry tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "You look perfect."

"Harry," she said, smiling at him. "I know you're trying to make me feel better, but I honestly don't know how it could be possible to be more nervous than I am right now. I keep having visions of you spinning me and me falling into the orchestra pit or something like that. Or, I could kick you in the head when we do that lift."

Harry threw back his head and laughed. "Talk about worst case scenarios," he shook his head, his eyes still showing his amusement. "You trust me right?"

"Yes," she said, looking over at him. "I trust you completely."

"Then trust me when I say you'll do just fine. I know you will." Harry leaned forward and kissed her gently. "That's for luck," he said, his forehead touching hers.

She smiled, momentarily forgetting about her stage fright. "What was I so worked up about again?"

"I have no bloody idea," Harry said, kissing her again. The stage announcer started their introduction and Harry pulled away and stood up. "Are you ready?"

Hermione nodded and shakily got to her feet. "Is it normal to feel like you want to throw up before you take the stage?"

"Quite, but please don't do it." Harry said, grimacing a bit. He led her to the centre of the stage and they got into position as the announcer called out their names.

Hermione tightened her grip on Harry's hand as the curtain slowly began to rise.

The bright lights of the Sheldrake auditorium were glaring, and Harry blinked a few times as their music started up. "Relax," he murmured when he felt her body tense up.

Hermione looked over at him and she saw a look in his eyes that made her forget the lights and the crowd. As he began to lead her into the dance, she forgot about everything except him. It was as if it was just the two of them. The fake smile she'd plastered on when the music began was replaced by a genuine one.

Harry saw the tension melt away from her face as they moved in synchronized steps across the stage. At the change in music, he dipped her back, even lower than he'd normally go. Hermione worked with it, letting her body swing back up, her hand going around his nape. "Good," he said softly as he spun her around.

She couldn't believe how well it was actually going. In all her dreams about this night, she'd never expected it to go this well. If it weren't from the sounds of "oohs" and "ahhs" from the crowd, she wouldn't have known they had an audience.

Harry readied her for the final bit of music and had to hold down his laughter at her enthusiasm. It seemed Hermione had caught the stage bug; her face was flushed and she was grinning madly. "Ready?" he asked as he spun her into his arms.

"Yes," she whispered back and said a silent prayer that she'd nail this last step.

He dipped her down again, pulling her across the stage as she was still half bent over, then she was back up and her feet automatically went right were they were supposed to go. And then... the audience was on their feet, clapping and whistling as Harry grabbed her hand. "Bow," he said through the corner of his mouth.

"I can't believe we did it," she said though clenched teeth. She wanted to whoop with joy that she'd actually done it mistake-free. She bowed along with Harry and laughed as he stood back and ushered her to take a solo bow. She did so reluctantly before walking back over to Harry. She whispered into his ear. "I hope they don't call for an encore."

"We're not paid enough for that," Harry said, his lips brushing against her skin. They waved and bowed for another minute before rushing offstage. "That was brilliant," Harry pulled her into a huge bear hug.

"I can't believe we did it," Hermione said, when he finally let go of her. "That was amazing! I've never felt such an adrenaline rush like that! No wonder you love it so much, Harry."

Harry grinned at her. "I think you love it now too," he said softly.

"I don't think I'll rethink my career plans just yet," she said, with a laugh. "But, that was just amazing. You're dying to tell me that you told me so, aren't you?"

"Told you so," Harry said, smirking.

She playfully hit him on the arm. "I don't want this night to end," she said, spinning around excitedly.

Harry smiled. "I wish it didn't... and I hate to be the party pooper, but I have to get back to check on Cho, and I don't want anyone to get suspicious..."

She nodded. "So are you ready to go then?"

Harry grabbed her hand and kissed the back. "Let's hit the road," he said as they left.

*** *** ***

At just half past eight, Luna was sitting in the dance studio, checking her watch every few seconds to see that it was indeed eight o'clock. There were either two outcomes here, she thought to herself. One, he's late. Two, he's not coming.

She hoped it was the former, but had a feeling it was going to be the latter.

Ron hesitated as he put his hand on the doorknob. 'Should I go in, or just let it go?' he wondered. Deciding to be the brave Gryffindor, he opened the door. "Hello?" he called out. The room was dark and he was almost afraid she wasn't coming.

"Hi," she called out, looking up in surprise. She quickly got to her feet and turned the lights on. "I, um, didn't think you were going to make it."

"Sorry, I'm a bit late," Ron said nervously. "I'm... pretty notorious for that."

"Were you late?" Luna asked, trying to sound nonchalant. "I hadn't really noticed. I just got here myself a couple of minutes ago."

"Oh good," Ron replied. She smiled and Ron averted his eyes. They sat in awkward silence for a few minutes. "This is kind of stupid isn't it?" Ron finally spoke up.

"Yes," she agreed, relaxing a bit. "I'm really sorry about this morning."

"Me too," Ron replied, sitting down next to her. "How's your cold?"

"Better," she said happily. This was going so much better than she'd thought it would. "I guess next time we go watch stars, we should bring an umbrella, huh?"

Ron laughed. "That might be a good idea," he said. "So um.... yeah.... about this morning and what we said.... "

"Shhhh," Luna said, putting a finger to his lips. "Let's not talk about that anymore."

"What would you rather do instead?" Ron asked, a smile playing across his mouth.

Luna grinned at him and was about to answer his question by placing her lips on his, but there was a loud knocking on the door to the studio. "Do you think they'll go away if we ignore it?" she asked, pulling away from him.

"Harry?" a frantic knocking came again. "Are you in there?" Ron recognised Neville's panicked tone. He got up with a groan and pulled the door open.

"Ron!" Neville grabbed his arm. "Is Harry here?"

"Why what's wrong?" Ron asked, noticing Neville's pale face.

"It's Cho... " Neville began to pull on his arm. "I need help... please Ron...." He began to run off in the direction of the employee cabins.

"What's going on with Neville?" Luna asked as she and Ron walked out of the studio.

"You know how Hermione took over Cho's role at the Sheldrake tonight?" Ron asked tersely and Luna nodded. "She went to have an abortion..." he began to speed up. "Something must have gone wrong."

*** *** ***

Harry pulled the car into its spot and put it in park. "Well... that's that." he said. "You really did a fantastic job Hermione. You were brilliant up there."

Hermione grinned at his compliment. "Thanks." Neither of them made any movement to get out of the car. Hermione looked out the window. "So, I guess this is it then?"

"Yeah," Harry replied. He sighed, pushing his hand back through his hair. "Just... remember there are still lots of dances I can teach you, I mean... our lessons don't have to stop."

"Do you mean that?" she asked, looking over at him. "Is that what you want?"

"Yes," Harry replied immediately. "I like spending time with you. I like being able to..." he broke his words off and leaned over and kissed her. "I like doing that." He grinned impishly.

"That doesn't have anything to do with dancing," she teased.

"Is that bad?" Harry asked, drawing her mouth to his again.

"No," she said in between kisses. "That's actually quite nice."

They somehow made it from inside the car to the outside without breaking their lip to lip contact. Harry was pulling her closer to him when he heard a breathless voice call to him.

"Harry! Harry I'm so glad you're back... you've got to come with me NOW!" Neville was pulling him back from Hermione.

"What's happened?" Hermione asked Neville.

Neville shook his head as they all began walking quickly. "She went into the room alone... I didn't want to let her do it. So I waited outside... and then about ten minutes into it she let out this horrible scream.... he started to cut into her and she decided she couldn't go through with it...." Neville let out a shaky sigh. "I practically had to beat the door down to get to her...."

Harry's jaw set as he strode into Cho's cabin. He felt his stomach twist as he watched Cho writhe in pain on her bed, her hands clutching her stomach. "Hey... come on Cho, it's me... I'm here," he pushed her sweaty hair off her forehead.

Hermione watched helplessly as Harry tended to Cho. She wished there was something she could....and then it came to her. Without a word to anyone, she snuck quietly out of the cabin and broke into a run as she took off for her parents' cabin.

Robert felt himself being shaken awake. He had gone to sleep early that evening with a headache. "Dad, wake up." Hermione pleaded.

"What... what's wrong?" he asked groggily. "Is something wrong with Lavender?"

"No," she said, shaking her head. "You have to come with me. Someone's in trouble! They're really sick!"

Robert, unable to keep his doctor's curiosity at bay, struggled into some clothes while his daughter waited by the door, his large black medical bag in her hand. He wordlessly followed her into the employee section of Hillsdale and into a cabin where a large crowd of people had gathered. "All right, break it up," he pushed through them to the girl on the bed. "What happened?"

"She..." Neville looked helplessly at Harry. "She went to have an abortion but she changed her mind.... I had to take her out of there, she couldn't stay...."

Robert opened his medical bag. "Who is in charge of this girl?" he asked.

"I am," Harry replied immediately. Robert turned to size him up and then looked at his daughter. "Hermione, get back to your cabin. You shouldn't be here. And you two," he said, looking scathingly at Neville and Harry. "Wait outside."

Harry paced back in forth in front of Cho's cabin while Neville and Hermione sat silently on the bench just next to do the door. Ron and Luna, whom Hermione didn't really know, were talking softly on the other side of the door. "What the hell is taking so long?" Harry finally exploded.

No one answered him and just allowed him to pace. Hermione wished she could tell him everything was going to be fine, but she honestly didn't know. Her father was a good doctor, though. She had faith that he'd pull Cho through this. She knew that her father would be angry that she'd not obeyed him and gone back to her cabin, but she wasn't about to leave until she knew Cho was okay.

Everyone was all tensed up when Robert finally opened the door. Harry was the first to stand in front of the doctor. "Is Cho all right?" he asked.

Robert sighed. "She's going to be fine. She and her baby are going to be okay. I have her something to help her sleep. She'll need to take it easy the next few days."

"Thank you sir," Harry held hand out in respect for Hermione's father but the man only glared at him.

"Come on Hermione," Robert grabbed his daughter's arm. She looked back at Harry but allowed her father to drag her away.

She and her father walked in silence back to the cabin. When they were nearly there, Hermione worked up the courage to say something to him. "Dad, thank you for what you did tonight."

"What are you doing with those people Hermione?" he snapped. "That guy, the one you were making eyes at when we left, he got his partner in trouble and now he's moved on to you is that it?"

Hermione vehemently shook her head. "It's not like that, Dad. You don't have the full story."

"And I don't need it. Get to bed," Robert said coldly. "I won't be telling your mother about this." he slammed the door to the cabin behind him.

Hermione stared after him in disbelief. He'd never looked at her like that. Disappointment and anger were etched all over his face and she hated that she'd been the cause of it, but she couldn't believe he was being so judgmental. He had no idea what the real story was and he didn't even care to hear the explanation.

Hermione made her way up the stairs to the cabin, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to sleep until she knew that Harry was alright. She at least wanted to apologize to him for the way her father had treated him.

*** *** ***

"Hey," Hermione said softly. Harry's cabin was dimly lit, with a lamp in one corner and a candle near his bed.

"Hey," Harry grunted. He'd taken his shirt off and flung it in the corner as soon as he'd gotten back to his place and was pacing around when Hermione arrived.

"Are you all right?" she stepped inside gingerly.

Harry sighed. "I'm fine… I'm just… I'm pissed off! I should have said screw the stupid dance and been there for Cho!" he ran his hands through his hair.

"Harry, sit down." Hermione perched herself on the edge of his bed and patted the spot next to her. "Do you honestly think you could have stopped her or the doctor tonight? My father said she and the baby are going to be just fine, remember?"

Harry blew out his breath, making his fringe fly up. "I know… that's good at least… he said in obvious relief.

"Speaking of my father," Hermione said softly. "I'm really sorry about how he treated you tonight. He just doesn't understand."

"No… he was fantastic…" Harry shook his head. "He saved her life." He got back up and resumed his pacing. "I've got to go see her, I can't just sit around here anymore…"

"She's got to rest," Hermione said firmly. "She's probably already asleep… besides, Neville is staying in there tonight in case she needs anything."

"Neville," Harry laughed sarcastically. "Like he knows the first thing about what she wants!"

Hermione frowned. "What the hell is your problem? All you bloody do is complain!" she got to her feet. "I spent my free time to do this dance so you and Cho wouldn't get in trouble! I got 200 quid from my father so Cho could get out of the mess she and Draco got themselves into!

"I've not complained a single day since we started the lessons, until yesterday, and you snapped at me all the time and made me feel like a fool for helping you!" Hermione was full on shouting now but didn't care.

"Well who asked for your help?" Harry shouted back.

"No one! But I like to help- it's what I do, because I'm nice and you're an arse!" Hermione snapped.

Harry sneered at her and something inside her finally snapped and she took a few steps forward and slapped him hard. "You're a despicable person Harry Potter! You kiss me today and apologise for everything you've done yet here you are doing it again!"

Harry closed his mouth with a snap, realising she was right.

"I've had it!" Hermione ranted. She was almost to the door when she turned back around. "I've just one more thing to say to you Harry…"

"What's that?" he asked quietly, his arms crossed over his bare chest.

Hermione felt her eyes fill up with tears. "I'm the best damn thing to ever happen to you, and I think you know it. I've put up with a lot of things from you over this past week or so, but even I have my limits.

"I'm not coming back this time. I've no reason to. So unless you can give me a good reason to stay…"

"I love you," Harry said.

"I'm leaving… what?" Hermione stopped.

"I love you," Harry repeated. "Damn it Hermione… you're right… I'm a stupid stubborn arsehole and I'm scared shitless… but I love you."

Hermione swallowed hard. "I don't know if I should believe you or not," she said, her voice shaking. "I mean… you bounce back and forth between being nice and being hateful that I can hardly see straight."

"You have to believe me," Harry said. "Please… please stay…"

Hermione shut the door behind her, two tears falling over her cheeks. "Say it again and I will…" she whispered.

"I love you," Harry said, coming towards her. Hermione let out a small sob as he pulled her to him, his lips coming down upon hers in a hot, demanding kiss.

He brought her over to his bed, still messy and unmade from the previous night, setting her upon it gently. Hermione's hands ran repeatedly through his hair as they kissed again, his tongue rubbing over hers and his fingers trailing over her skin.

"I want you," Harry breathed when he finally pulled his mouth away.

"I'm already protected," Hermione said as she grinned and he laughed.

"That's my girl," he said softly before pulling up on her skimpy top. Hermione arched her back and stretched her arms so Harry could yank the shirt off and fling it into the corner.

She hadn't been able to procure a bra that would go with her tango dress, so she was bare-chested already. Harry bent his head to kiss the valley between her breasts before moving to one, using his tongue to swirl around her already hard tip.

Hermione arched her back even more as her breath came in heavy, erratic gasps as he moved to her other breast, his hand coming to the button of her jeans. Harry snapped it open, pulling his mouth away to pull the jeans down her legs.

"Harry…" Hermione grabbed his arms to draw him back down to her. He laughed as their lips met again, and he guided her hands to the buckle on his trousers, helping her pull them away.

Harry moved on top of her, his hands roaming freely while their mouths fused together. "I've been wanting this since I saw you the first day you arrived," he said, kissing under her ear, making a trail across her smooth skin.

Hermione let out several soft cries as he kissed her again, sliding a finger into her knickers. "Please… please just…" her cries echoed in the room several minutes later as she and Harry finally joined together.

*** *** ***

Hermione lay in Harry's arms, his hands caressing her hair; she occasionally felt his lips as he'd kiss the top of her head. "Hermione?" she heard him say.

"Hmm?" she raised her head to look up at him.

"Just wanted to know if you were asleep." Harry smiled at her.

"No," Hermione stretched and moved up so her head was lying on his shoulder. "I'm too… awake…" she said and Harry chuckled.

"You just made love for the first time and you're wide awake…" He shook his head.

"What, am I supposed to be tired?" Hermione asked. "I'm not one to follow the grind."

"That I already knew," Harry teased, kissing her again. "And for that I'm glad."

Hermione smiled as she pressed her lips to his once more before putting her head back on his shoulder while her arm sneaked across his chest. His hand resumed its previous activity of stroking her hair.

"Hermione?" Harry said again many minutes later.

"What?" she answered.

"You know how earlier… I said I was scared?" Harry looked up at the ceiling.

"Yeah…" Hermione raised her head back off his shoulder again. "What about it?"

"It's just…" Harry blew out his breath. "You're the first girl I've ever felt like this about… and it really scared me when I first realised I was in love with you."

"When did you realise that?" Hermione asked softly, moving some strands of hair out of his eyes.

Harry let out a nervous chuckle. "When you agreed to dance in Cho's place."

Hermione's eyebrow was raised high. "Really…"

"I think so," Harry gave her a secretive smile, which faded almost immediately. "I guess… it was partly my confusion and everything that's been going on that made me treat you so horribly. Took me awhile to realise what exactly was going on in my head."

Hermione put her finger on his lips. "Shhhh… that's enough of that."

"I feel guilty though," Harry said, propping himself up to run his hands over her bare arm.

"Well…" Hermione looked up at him devilishly. "I know how you can make it up to me?"

"How?" Harry asked, a grin forming on his face.

"Make love to me again before I have to leave," Hermione pulled him over on top of her, his mouth meeting hers immediately.