Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dirty Dancing by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dirty Dancing

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: Thanks again you guys for more awesome reviews. Both of us are really excited you all like this story!

Come Clean - Hilary Duff

Let the rain fall down
And wake my dreams
Let it wash away
My sanity
'cause I wanna feel the thunder
I wanna scream
Let the rain fall down
I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean

Ron walked with a bounce in his step towards Harry's cabin. He'd taken the ballroom the previous night again with Luna and this time he hadn't made any mistakes. He could also tell that Luna was relaxing, and he decided that he was the reason she wasn't as nervous anymore in front of a crowd.

"Oy, sleepyhead!" Ron banged hard on the door. "Wake your arse up so we can go get something to eat!" he knocked again and heard some grumbling on the other side. His stomach growled in protest and Ron couldn't wait anymore- he pushed the door open.

Hermione vaguely heard the sound of knocking, but she was still so content and warm and happy that she figured she must be dreaming. She snuggled closer to Harry and drifted back to sleep. She, nor Harry, saw the tall, red-headed man who was staring at the romantic morning after scene with an amused smirk.

"Wow... nice going Harry," Ron sniggered as he picked up a waxy blob. "Was this a candle at one point?"

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Harry shouted in surprise as he finally opened his eyes to see his friend walking casually around his cabin. "Ron do you have any bloody decency?" he pulled the sheets up around he and a now equally awake Hermione.

"What time is it?" Hermione asked, groggily, rubbing her eyes. She noticed the sheets dip precariously low and just before giving Ron a full glimpse of her bare chest, she pulled it tightly around her.

"Ron- GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" Harry roared, yanking his glasses on.

"What?" Ron feigned innocence as Harry's eyes grew dark. "All right... all right mate I'm gone... sorry Hermione..." Ron practically ran from the cabin in his haste to get away.

Hermione sank into the pillows and put her head in her hands. "What if that had been your uncle?'" she asked, looking over at him.

"He wouldn't have come in here," Harry finally relaxed. "That bloody prat... I'll have to start relocking my door at night." He turned and saw the time on his bedside clock. "Shit! It's already half past nine!"

Hermione face turned nearly as white as the sheets. "No," she said, shaking her head. "It can't be. Didn't we set the alarm?"

"We must have forgotten..." Harry was pale too. They looked at each other for a moment and then both were in a flurry to get their clothes back on. "Here..." Harry held out his cloak. "Take this so no one sees you leave... just give it back to me whenever you can."

Hermione nodded and tossed the cloak on the bed as she struggled to put her sandals back on. "I can't believe we overslept." She said a silent prayer that perhaps her parents had also overslept, but she'd never known them to do that, not once.

"I'm sorry," Harry helped zip her dress up. "I should have made sure I set the alarm before we fell asleep."

Her shoulders sank and she felt an overwhelming sadness hit her as she thought about her father's threat the night of her mother's birthday dinner. He'd made the suggestion that they should leave and although it had been quickly vetoed by all three women, Hermione knew her father wouldn't hesitate to get them out of here if he knew where she'd really been last night.

She turned to face Harry with tears in her eyes.

"What?" he looked alarmed.

"The other night at dinner, my dad brought up leaving," she said softly. "I think he was doing it just to test me, but I'm really afraid, Harry."

Harry felt dizzy. "You can't leave... "

"I might not have any choice," she said hopelessly.

Harry sighed. "Well... go... go now and I'll see you later right?" he felt sick to his stomach at the thought of her leaving.

"Let's hope so," she said with a forced smile and she grabbed the cloak from the bed and walked toward the door.

"I love you!" Harry called after her.

"I love you, too," she answered back, without turning around. She needed to get back to her cabin as quickly as possible and if she turned around, she'd never make it.

By the time she did make it back to the cabin, her eyes were puffy and red from crying. With each step, a sense of horrible foreboding came over her. She wouldn't be able to explain this away. While she wasn't usually one to hold much credence to fate, she hoped it would be shining down on her today.

Lavender jumped as the bedroom door creaked open and nearly screamed when her cousin suddenly stepped out of nowhere. "Where on bloody earth have you BEEN?" she asked in a loud whisper.

Hermione jumped back, startled. She closed the door softly behind her and looked pleadingly at her cousin. "Please tell me that my parents haven't been looking for me."

"No... When they woke up I told them you went for a morning jog. Your dad said something about taking your Mum to breakfast to make up for last night..." Lavender looked on with wide eyes as Hermione nearly collapsed on the bed. "Hermione what is going on!?"

"Nothing," Hermione said, her heartbeat slowing down and her tensed muscles relaxing for the first time that morning. "I guess I should shower and change clothes." "Her parents didn't know she'd been out all night!!!" she almost started crying again in relief.

"Oh no you don't!" Lavender squealed. "You were out all night with Harry Potter and you look positively ravaged! You're going to sit right down and tell me everything!"

Hermione sighed. She knew that Lavender wasn't going to take no for an answer and since Lavender had covered for her a number of times; Hermione figured she owed it to her to be honest. Though, truth be told, Hermione had no experience when it came to kissing and telling, but she had a feeling that Lavender would lead the way.

"Okay, I was with Harry last night," she admitted sheepishly.

"With... meaning you were just snogging... or with meaning..." Lavender's eyes grew wide. "Hermione you didn't!"

Hermione felt her cheeks go red as she nodded.

Lavender felt her jaw fall nearly to the floor. "Hermione!"

"What?" Hermione asked, trying not to smile as she remembered last night's events.

"You... I.... you...." Lavender stammered. "I was supposed to go first!" she finally uttered.

Hermione looked bemusedly at her cousin. "I didn't realize we were in a competition."

"We're not..." Lavender said, feeling stupid. "I just... it was always me who had the boyfriends so I guess I just sort of expected it." she picked at the blanket covering her cousin's bed. "Was last night the first time you guys... you know?"

Hermione shook her head. "The night of the dance at the Sheldrake was the first time."

Lavender's eyes widened even more. "You've been bloody sleeping with him for two weeks?" she nearly shrieked. "Is this why Uncle Robert is so mad at you? Did he... did he find you two together or something?"

"I'm still breathing, aren't I?" Hermione answered. "He just saw how we were looking at each other that night and he told me to stay away from him. As far as I know, my dad doesn't know. Promise me that you won't tell him?"

"Of course I won't!" Lavender sounded indignant. "I've covered for you all this time!"

"I know," Hermione said, smiling gratefully at her cousin. "And I really appreciate all that you've done for me. I hope you know that."

"Thanks," Lavender said. "It's nice... you know. I felt like we've gotten closer since we came here for holiday."

"We have," Hermione agreed.

Lavender grinned and then leaned over to hug her cousin. "All right..." she said when they pulled apart. "You were right before- please go take a shower!"

Hermione looked horrified. "I don't smell, do I?"

"You probably smell more like Harry than you stink," Lavender teased and laughed as Hermione rushed for the bathroom. "That's actually not bad... is it musk?"

"I don't know," Hermione called as she turned the shower on. "I'm not giving you any more details, Lavender."

"That's probably a good thing!" Lavender retorted playfully.

"You're incorrigible," Hermione said, shaking her head as she closed the bathroom door behind her.

*** *** ***

Ginny tossed her hair in an annoyed fashion. "Bloody fat whale is late again," she muttered. She and Dudley had arranged weekly meetings to discuss how their plot was going and no matter what, he was always ten minutes late.

She was irritable easily these days. Ginny was loathe to admit it, but she missed Draco, and she missed their nightly shags. Although after seeing him with that trollop blonde in the lake, she nearly pulled her co lifeguard into the boathouse for a quickie.

Dudley arrived, late and unapologetic as always, and if at all possible, he looked a little more upset than usual. This was mainly due to the fact that the entire Granger family had skipped breakfast. Dudley had actually looked forward to seeing Hermione and planned to ask her to go on a walk later that day. He'd read up on dating and thought that a nice, leisurely stroll by the lake might be romantic. His plans were foiled again and he had a feeling that his no-good cousin had something to do with it.

"You know, is it THAT hard for you to get here on time for a change?" Ginny snapped as he approached.

"You should remember who you're talking to, girl," he said coldly. "My father owns this place or have you forgotten?"

Ginny let her jaw drop. "Oh, silly me! I've forgotten completely! Whatever will I do with myself?" she snorted. "You'd do best to remember who you're working WITH, Dudley Do. I'm an expert at getting myself out of scrapes and even better at framing other people for them." Ginny's eyes were cold as she glared at him.

Although he didn't like her tone, he knew she was right. If this plan was going to work, he needed her and she needed him. Things were running at too slow a pace for his taste. He wanted to his cousin out of Hermione's life sooner rather than later.

"I still don't see why we can't just tell her parents that she's still seeing Harry," Dudley said. "Or better yet just tell my dad. He's wanted to get rid of Harry since we got stuck with him."

"Because that's a rubbish way to get rid of someone," Ginny said. "I thought people outgrew tattling when they got out of primary school." she shook her head. "No, this is what we need to keep doing." She held out a large bag so Dudley could see everything they'd acquired so far.

Dudley's eyes grew wide. He'd known they'd done quite a bit of work, but he had no idea it was that much. "What are you going to do with all of that?" he asked.

"You're going to start planting them on or around Harry." Ginny said, handing him several of the wallets.

Dudley, who never liked to do work, frowned. "Why do I have to do it?"

"Because!" Ginny snapped. "I... I don't want to do it. Harry is being a royal pain in my arse." Ginny didn't want to mention that she knew if she went near him again he'd probably curse her into the next year.

"Oh, alright," Dudley said huffily. "What should I do just plant all this stuff in his cabin?"

"No!" Ginny sighed impatiently. "Plant some in his cabin, put some in the dance studio... if you can, put some in places where he might go to relax... places where he's seen often."

"What if he catches me while I'm doing it?" Dudley asked, still trying to weasel his way out of having to do the dirty work. "I don't usually go seeking my cousin out. I usually try and avoid him at all costs."

"Well make sure we know where he is. Who knows, if you look past the kitchens hard enough you'll probably see him off with the girl you're sweet on." Ginny scoffed.

The thought of Harry with Hermione gave Dudley all the incentive he needed. "You haven't seen them together recently, have you?"

Ginny shrugged. "I haven't really been looking," which was rather the truth. "Like I said... I've lost my interest in Harry. I just want to see him get what he deserves."

"Then you and I have something in common," Dudley said determinedly. "I'll get started on this straightaway." Without so much as a goodbye, he headed toward the dance studio.

Ginny smirked at his massive retreating backside. She had done her homework as well and Dudley's room was planted with several of the stolen goods in case he tried to back out. With that in mind, Ginny headed for the parking lot to catch a ride into the town.

Now that her plan to get Harry back was working, it was time to get a new swim costume that would make all the guys (and Draco) drool.

*** *** ***

Hermione sighed in relief as her mum bid her and Lavender good night and headed for the bedroom. Her father had gone in several hours before, claiming a headache was making him feel ill. She knew it was just that he didn't want to be around her after she refused to conform herself to his wishes.

"Are you seeing Harry tonight?" Lavender asked in a hushed voice as she applied polish the same shade as her name on her long nails.

"I was hoping to," Hermione looked down at her hands. "But I left so quickly and in such a panic I'm sure he's angry."

"Oh please," Lavender blew on her nails. "I've seen the way he looks at you when we're all in the ballroom. He's completely head over heels for you- you can do no wrong in his eyes."

Hermione smiled. "You should have said that a few weeks ago before we… got together. Things were a lot different then."

"Well what are you sitting around here for?" Lavender asked. "Go- I'll cover for you."

"Thanks Lav," Hermione paused a moment to hug her cousin. "You're a good friend."

Lavender smiled as Hermione retrieved Harry's cloak from their room and slid noiselessly out the door.

Hermione walked quickly and silently up to Harry's cabin. She could see him pacing around and hastened her steps.

Harry heard a soft knock and his heart leapt into his chest. He opened the door and felt something brush by him. A moment later Hermione was pushing back the cloak. "Hi," she said in a low voice.

"Hi," Harry replied, staring at her a moment before pulling down his window shades and locking the door. "What… what are you doing here… did you parents find out? I was afraid after you didn't come to the studio that you'd left."

Hermione wanted to melt at the concern in his eyes. "We're safe," she said softly. "My cousin covered for us… told them I went for a morning run." Harry let out a sigh of relief. "We've really got to be more careful."

"I know," Harry rubbed the back of his neck and Hermione could no longer stay away from him. She rushed into his arms and he held her close.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come for a lesson… my mum was hovering around Lavender and me for most of the afternoon," Hermione spoke into his shoulder.

"It's all right," Harry buried his nose in her hair. "I was just scared that your dad had packed you all up and left before I could say goodbye."

"I wouldn't have let him do it," Hermione pulled away and Harry saw a determined light in her eyes. "He's so wrong about everything and he's being completely stubborn." She stroked his nape. "I love you so much Harry… more than I ever thought I could love anyone."

"That goes double for me," Harry smiled at her. "You have no idea what being with you does to me."

"Well… I seem to have it on good authority that I put you in an extremely good mood," Hermione said slyly.

Harry grinned. "Think mighty high of yourself don't you?" he teased.

"Perhaps I do," Hermione broke away and sat herself on his bed.

"Oh?" Harry's eyes turned dark with desire as he crossed the room in three strides. She pulled him on top of her, their mouths meeting in a furious passion.

After what felt like several hours of ample snogging, shagging and just simply lying together, Hermione propped herself up on her elbow to look down at him.

"I hope you don't mind…" she let her fingers trail up through his hair. "I told my cousin about us."

"Why would I mind?" Harry asked, stroking her bare side under the sheet. "I mean- you said she helped cover for us right?"

"Right," Hermione smiled. "It's funny… she and I have never really had anything in common until this summer. She's always been the boy crazy one and I've always been the bookworm."

"Well it certainly didn't seem to hurt," Harry pushed her down and leaned over to nibble at her neck.

Hermione laughed as his breath tickled her skin. "Well I'm glad you think so. She was surprised at how… far you and I have taken things."

"As long as you're fine with it," Harry muttered, his face buried in her shoulder.

"Such a one track mind you've got Potter," Hermione let her hands roam his backside.

"I can't help it," Harry said. "You're like a bloody addiction." Hermione laughed as he leaned in to kiss her again.