Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword

SoraSummers

A/N:

I cannot believe I am doing this, but I figured what the hell. Every fan fiction author had to start somewhere, right? Well this is how I started. I wrote this story in four days at Mugglenet's cosforums. Well, let's just say, that if you've ever read my other stuff, reading this will show you just how much writing fan fiction helps your writing style improve, lol.

Most of you out there that have read me before know that I am very…inconsistent…as far as chapter updates go. Well, this story, and it's sequel, have both been completed already. It's sequel ended on a major cliffhanger, a cliffhanger I never rounded off, I just left the story there. Well, I was thinking, after both of these stories were finally put up and completed on Portkey, maybe I'd go ahead and write a third part in the series.

Some parts of this fic will be different than the original…but very few people here have actually read the original, so you probably won't notice.

Anyways, I still can't believe I'm doing this, but here it is and I hope you all enjoy what was my first attempt at doing something that I have now turned into my career of choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

It was the ideal summer day. The sun was bright and warm, and all seemed as normal and as peaceful as could be in Little Whining. A normal looking boy was walking the streets, just as he did everyday it seemed, as if waiting for something to happen. But this was no ordinary boy. His name was Harry Potter, a very talented wizard whom attended Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft.

It had been a few weeks since the 15 year old boy, though he would be 16 soon, had been tricked into going to the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry of Magic by none other than the most evil wizard of all time-Lord Voldemort. In the ensuing struggle Harry's godfather Sirius Black, whom Harry had been going to save, was killed.

Of course, Harry thought, there was no need to go there in the first place, as Sirius had not been in trouble at all, but safely at home in #12 Grimmauld Place, but had left there to help Harry, and died in the process. It had taken him a long while, but Harry had finally gotten over Sirius' death, and allowed himself to realize it was not entirely his fault.

Although part of the blame did rest on him, much of the rest laid in the hands of Kreacher, the house elf for telling the Malfoy's all about Sirius and Harry's relationship. Also blame rested on the shoulder's of Peter Pettigrew or "Wormtail" whom had caused the whole mess in the first place in selling out his parents. And there was Voldemort of course, whom lured them there in the first place. Also there was Dumbledore, for not telling Harry about the prophecy.

The Prophecy... Harry thought. He had still not told his best friends, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, what it had said. He must either kill or be killed by Lord Voldemort. And with the ensuing war he knew it would probably be soon. Harry Potter knew that it was a very real possibility that he could be dead within a year or two, but it was also possible that Lord Voldemort could be the one to die as well. While Harry thought of all this he heard a distant voice screaming for help.

"No Dudley, go away!" a young boy sobbed. Harry sighed and sped toward the source of the noise. When he arrived he found a very confused Dudley staring at a perhaps even more surprised Mark Evans, who was sitting on a branch 15 feet up in a tree, but there were no branches below that one and Harry could for the life of him figure out how Mark had gotten up there when it hit him.

"Hey Big D!" Harry yelled, very obviously playing with his wand in his pocket. Dudley saw Harry and took off running. Harry grinned. It had been a great pleasure to tell Dudley and the Dursley's that due to Voldemort's return, the restriction of under age wizardry had been lifted, and Harry could use magic as much as he wanted.

Turning his attention back to Mark he shouted up, "Oi up there! Can you get down?" Mark very nervously shook his head and Harry immediately knew why. All the kids in the area thought that Harry went to St. Brutus', a school for incurably criminal boys. Harry, having realized how it was that Mark Probably got up that tree, pulled out his wand. Mark goggled at it for a second wondering what it was but then Harry pointed it at him and said, "Accio Mark!" and Mark flew right out of the tree and landed gracefully but dumbstruck at Harry's feet.

"Hiya Mark." he said cheerfully.

Mark stuttered for a moment and finally said, "Er... hi Harry. Umm, how did u... I mean what..." he stammered, his eyes glancing from Harry's own to his wand and back. Harry realized at this instant that he and Mark shared the same brilliant green eyes. It took Harry a moment to register this and then realized that his last name was Evans... just like his mother's...

"Mark," Harry said suddenly, causing Mark to jump. "Are your parents home?" Mark nodded his head nervously, obviously wondering where this was going. "Umm, do you mind then if we go to your house then, I believe we need to talk."

"Umm, okay." Mark replied, starting to lead the way wondering why this criminal boy with strange powers wanted to speak with his parents.

They did not speak the whole way there, up until they entered the house and found his parents sitting on the couch in their living room watching a soccer game on the television. "Oh hello Mark dear." Mark's mother said warmly as they walked in. "Oh," she said seeing Harry. "And who might this be." She asked looking straight at Harry.

"My name's Harry, Harry Potter." he said.

He looked at both parents in turn whom did not seem to know who he was, although he thought he saw Mark's father's eyebrows scrunch together in thought, looking Harry in the eyes. Harry took a deep breath and said," I go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." At this statement Mark's mother looked at Harry as if he was ill, Mark's look wasn't so different. Mark's father however, smiled and gave Harry a look of recognition.

"You'd be Lily's boy then." He said, it was not a question, it was a statement. "I thought I recognized your eyes, they are the same as your mother's. You've got your father's appearance in every other sort though." Mr. Evans said, smiling. Harry didn't know who was more surprised, him or Mark and Mrs. Evans.

Harry managed a smile. "You, you knew my parents then?" Harry asked.

Mr. Evans smile faltered a bit. "Well, somewhat, am your mother's cousin. She was my father's brother's daughter. So, I assume your here because you believe Mark has the same magic power they possessed?" Harry was at a loss for words for a moment, and then finally found his voice.

"Erm, yeah that's exactly why I'm here." Harry replied matter-of-factly.

Mr. Evans smiled and turned to his son, whom was looking dumbfounded, very much like his mother. "This came for you today in the post." he said, pulling an envelope out of his pocket, which Harry observed to be from Hogwarts, walking across the room and handing it to Mark.

He then smiled and turned to Harry. "I daresay you will be seeing my son at school Harry, but I must ask you to leave for now, as this is obviously a family matter I need to discuss with my wife and son, as you can see they know nothing about the world you come from."

Harry grinned and told a very bewildered Mark he'd see him at school and said goodbye to his dumbstruck mother and left the house. "Wow," Harry said to himself. All along he'd had a second cousin right here in Little Whining and only just now found it out.

It certainly made for an interesting day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Okay, there it is, chapter numero uno. This fic is actually like forty chapters or something, but they're all like only 1000 words long or so, lol. So I'll update I'd say…2-3 times a day, probably 2, until it's finished, and probably the same thing will go down with it's sequel. If I do decide to go with the third one, well then that one will take a bit longer, obviously.

R/R!

Sora/Player