Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword

SoraSummers

Chapter 4

Hermione arrived the next day, and was completely astounded to see Harry there. "Harry!" she shrieked as she leapt on him to give him a Mrs. Weasley-like hug. "How did you get here?"

Harry grinned. "I'll explain in a minute. Hey want me to take your luggage up to your room?" Harry offered grinning. He took the luggage before she could answer and apparated quickly to her and Ginny's room and back.

When he came back, the room was roaring with laughter. "Harry, you should of seen it," Ron started, holding his ribs he was laughing so hard. "The look on her face," he broke off again laughing. "It was priceless!"

Hermione was blushing magneta now as Harry joined in the laughing. "Oh it wasn't that funny." she huffed. Then she stormed out of the room, Harry and Ron were laughing as hard as ever now.

"Don't worry mate," Ron said, still giggling. "She's just jealous because you can do something she can't."

For some reason, now having seen Hermione storm out of the room and Ron's laughing face in front of him, that he had still not told either of them about the prophecy. Tonight, he told himself. I'll tell them everything tonight.

So later that night, Harry pulled Ron and Hermione aside after dinner and asked them to come up to his room so that he could tell them something. They obliged with a curious look at each other and followed Harry to his room.

"Okay," Harry started. This was not going to be easy. "There's a few things I've got to tell you." So he started with his story of Mark Evans, and both Hermione and Ron were beaming at Harry, realizing how much that meant to him after losing Sirius.

He took a deep breath and started to tell them about the prophecy. He watched their reactions play out as he told them. They started amused, then surprised at Neville's mention, then in horror as he told them the most important part of all.

"So," he finished. "I either have to kill Voldemort," Harry noticed that Ron did not flinch at the name this time. "Or he will kill me. One way or another, that's how the war will end. If i kill him, we go back to peace, if he wins," Harry took an involuntary gulp. "Than the wizarding world is doomed to his wrath."

Ron was to terrified to speak. Hermione had tears running down her cheeks and was sobbing quietly. Harry to, felt his eye's watering, but held back tears.

Suddenly, Hermione stood up, walked straight up to Harry, and did something she had never done before. She kissed him. Not a peck on the cheek like she would do before a Quidditch match, but a hard, meaningful kiss on the mouth.

When she pulled away, he looked at Ron unable to speak. He had now kissed two girls in his life, and, he thought, it could not be a great omen that they were both dripping with tears when he did so.

To Harry's great surprise, Ron was grinning at them. "Get a room." He said very sarcastically.

"Oh shut it Ron." Hermione said to him, leaning into Harry and kissing him again. Harry didn't know what to make of it, but there was one thing that was certain, he definitely liked it.

Hermione wasn't the little bossy 11 year old she was in their first year. She was a grown beautiful woman now. At that moment Fred and George walked in the room, caught sight of Harry and Hermione with their lips locked, and burst into laughter.

"There ya go Harry!" Burst out Fred, who was laughing so hard he had tears coming down his cheeks. Harry was very embarrassed at the twins remarks, so he apparated, without thinking, to the next room over.

Hermione was still in his arms, looking at him in awe. "Harry," she whispered. "How did you do that? It's supposed to be impossible to apparate another person other than yourself."

"I dunno," he said. "It just kinda happened. I wanted you to come with me and you did." Ron, Fred, and George burst into the room at that moment. They weren't laughing anymore.

"That was bloody brilliant Harry." George said mystified. Then he winked. "Bet it'll come in handy the next time someone walks in on you at Hogwarts eh?" At this the twins and Ron burst out laughing again, Harry and Hermione joining them. For once she did not make her usual comment about not being able to apparate inside of Hogwarts.

"Hey Harry," Ron spoke up. "We'll go downstairs and tell the rest that your coming, apparate both of you down and we'll see what happens alright?"

Harry nodded and the twins and Ron left the room, the twins still having silent giggles. Harry pulled Hermione in for another quick kiss.

"Ready?" he asked. She nodded and he apparated the two of them downstairs into a full kitchen of order members. They stared unbelievingly at them, while Ron and the twins beamed at everyone. Kingsley let out another low whistle.

"Oh, yeah," said George, before Harry could stop him. "By the way Harry found out he could do this because he wanted to get away from Fred, Ron and myself because we walked in on them kissing!"

The kitchen roared with laughter, the only ones who didn't laugh being Remus, whom just gave Harry a little smile, Moody, whom Harry did not believe had the ability to laugh, and Mrs. Weasley, who looked apprehensive about the new couple.

The laughter calmed down after a while and the members got back to eating dinner. Laughter broke out again though when Fred "quietly" offered to let Harry and Hermione sleep in the bedroom above their shop, and that he and George would stay here. Hermione stared bullets at Fred, but no one seemed to notice in the uproar of laughter.

A few days later, after Harry's things had been brought back to Pivet Drive by the twins (whom told Harry with evil grins that they may have "accidentally" left some of their store candy on the floor of the house) a much darker tone when it came time to read Sirius' will.