Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword

SoraSummers

A/N: Sorry, another short chapter, I dunno what to tell ya other than the entire fic is already written, so I can't really change it. It'll go through Chapter 36 before switching over to the sequel.

On another note, a lot of you are probably wondering when I'll update Harry Potter and the Arithmetic Theory -- well, I've got about six pages of the chapter written, but still quite a bit of it to write. It should end up being the longest chapter to date in AT though.

R/R!

Chapter 25

The news about Harry and Hermione died down over the next couple of days, and euphoria broke out the following Friday, when three more death eaters were captured.

Dean had finally convinced Ron to come and play football with him and Ginny (Ron had not been so protective after he and Padma had started seeing each other) one Saturday, and they all had a brilliant time. Harry, Hermione, Dean, Ginny, Ron, Padma, Parvati, Lavender, Neville, Mark, and Marcus enjoyed a great day of football, and Ron never complained about the sport again.

The classes had picked up again a ways into May, with the exams only a month away. Hermione had written out study schedules for the three of them, and Harry and Ron did not fight Hermione this time-mainly so that Harry would not get in trouble with her.

Harry was pushed harder than any other student, as he was in the most danger and everyone knew it.

Malfoy was uncharacteristically quite ever since his father's second capture in as many years.

The DA meetings were going very well, and nearly every student, including Mark and Marcus, had mastered pretty much every spell he could teach them, as he refused to teach them dark curses.

He took great delight in telling the whole DA that the dueling tournament that they had had was going to become an annual event, called the United Hogwarts Dueling Championship, and that the winner would be awarded 200 house points, with the runner-up earning a generous 75 points.

The final quidditch match of the season was going to be Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff, and there was a lot of excitement as although Gryffindor had already clinched the cup, Ron had not let in a signal goal the entire year.

No one had ever gone a full season without allowing a goal, so naturally everyone wanted Ron to do it so that they could say they were there when it happened. Padma was always with Ron now, trying to give him as much support as she could.

On the day of the match, Harry flew out onto a field surrounded by the entire school body, and promised himself that he would get another quick snitch catch so that Ron could get his name cemented in the Hogwarts History Books.

"It's beautiful day for a game of quidditch!" boomed Seamus' voice under the very watchful eye of Professor McGonogall. "Ron Weasley is trying to become the first ever keeper to have a clean sheet for an entire season! So watch close, this may be a game you tell your children about. I know Harry and Hermione would love to be able to-"

Seamus had to jump away from McGonogall to keep the speaker.

"And they're off!" Madam Hooch had let the balls out, and Harry was staring intently for the snitch.

Gryffindor was up 40-0 when Harry decided to do a Wronski Feint. It worked beautifully until Derrick Marsh, the 5th year Hufflepuff seeker, realize what Harry was doing and pulled up in the nick of time. Most unfortunately for Marsh, Harry caught sight of the snitch just as he pulled out of the dive, and sped after it.. Harry heard Marsh curse loudly behind him, but Harry paid no attention as he closed his fingers around the struggling snitch, and ended the perfect season.

Harry met Ron in mid-air, grabbed his hand, and threw it up in the air proudly as the stands erupted in cheers. "Well there you have it!" Seamus exclaimed. "Ron Weasley finishes out his perfect season, that'll be a great one for the kids Padma-"

McGonogall ripped the mike away from Seamus, Parvati giggling at his side. But no one cared about that, or that Harry had caught the snitch yet again in less than ten minutes.

Tonight was Ron's turn for the glory, and Harry was more than happy to see him get it.