Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword

SoraSummers

A/N: Okay, here's the second chapter, as I said, the updates are coming quick!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

When Harry finally got home to #4 Pivet Drive, he was welcomed less than happily by his Uncle Vernon. "What is the meaning of this boy!" Uncle Vernon positively shouted at Harry.

Harry gave him a blank stare and replied, "What are you talking about?"

"You know bloody well what I'm talking about boy! Or are you going to tell us you didn't threaten Dudley with your, your, ...you-know-what!" Uncle Vernon was fuming now, Harry simply laughed.

"I didn't threaten him with anything, i was just fiddling with my wand when I happened to run into him." Harry wasn't exactly sure why he didn't tell his uncle that Dudley had been bullying his newfound second cousin up a tree.

It doesn't matter anyway Harry thought. like they would believe me, Uncle Vernon was trying to come up with a reply, but was having trouble because he knew that Harry had a perfectly good explanation.

"Well than what took you so long to come back boy!" he roared. "It's been at least an hour since it happened!" Harry smiled and replied politely, glancing at his aunt Petunia,

"Because I ran into Mark Evans," his aunt gave a little jump. "And i found out that he's my second cousin." He finished, looking directly at Petunia. Everyone seemed stunned in silence, although Harry was sure that Uncle Vernon was only too angry to speak. "And," Harry piped up. "He's going to go to Hogwarts next year just like me."

This was to much for Uncle Vernon. "UP TO YOUR ROOM NOW BOY. HOW OFTEN DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU NOT TO MENTION YOUR UNNATURALNESS UNDER THIS ROOF?" Harry simply shrugged and went upstairs to the smallest bedroom. Hedwig was gone, presumably hunting, and Harry lay back and thought of how unfair it was, and then he fell to sleep.

He was in the Department of Mysteries, looking at Sirius. Sirius was laughing. "Come on, you can do better than that." he bellowed, but just then a second jet of red light hit him square in the chest, and the humor on his face was replaced by shock, and he fell backwards through the veil.

"NOOOO!" Harry screamed. He had had the dream every night of the summer, but it was still terrifying nonetheless. Harry didn't understand why he still had this dream, seeing as he was over Sirius' death, but he did not dwell on it. He looked at his clock and gaped at it. It was already 11 o'clock.

He hurriedly got dressed and went down stairs to a very scared looking kitchen, as they had all just heard Harry scream. "What..was, what...happened?" managed Aunt Petunia, obviously afraid that fifty death eaters had just apparated into Harry's bedroom.

"Nothing," Harry muttered. "Just a bad dream, that's all." He left the kitchen to see Uncle Vernon intently watching the news, apparently unaware of Harry. Harry turned to the TV,

"In a bizarre event last night, a family was found dead yesterday when their maid came in to do the cleaning. The bodies went in for an autopsy and the doctors were baffled, saying that the family seemed to be in perfect health, except that they were dead. In other news..."

Harry sat down hard on the couch, so hard that Uncle Vernon looked at him and asked "What is it boy?"

"It's started," Harry whispered. "I can't believe it's actually started."

With that he fled to his bedroom an left a very confused Uncle Vernon sitting on the couch. When he got to his room he noticed a large owl perched on his bed. It flew over to him and dropped a large envelope in his hands.

Harry looked at the envelope for a moment and tore it open. Harry wasn't as nervous now as he may have once been. He had decided over the summer that he really didn't care if he became an auror, there was always quidditch, Harry's favorite sport which he was very good at. Harry looked at the contents of the letter...

Care of Magical Creatures- 89% O

Herbology- 83% E

Potions- 71% A

Harry sighed, he would never become an auror after all. He continued reading.

Defense Against the Dark Arts- 105% O

Harry stared at this for a moment. He didn't even realize it was possible to get
that high of a score. He smiled thinking of Hermione and that he surely beat her in something and then read on.

History of Magic- 17% T

He looked at this to, Harry thought Fred and George were just joking about the troll grade.

Divination- 61% A

Harry grinned. He had barely pulled off a passing grade in Divination, and he wondered what Ron had gotten.

Charms- 83% E

Harry glanced over it again. 9 O.W.L.'s. Not bad. He lay back in bed, closed his eyes and was wondering what his other friend's got, the Voldemort attack totally at of his mind.

He thought of Grimmauld place, the bedroom that he and Ron shared. The beds they slept on, the portrait of Phineas on the wall, all the details of the room were coming to him.

CRACK!

Harry shot his eyes open immediately, knowing that someone had just apparated into his room. But he was no longer in his room. He was staring at a very bewildered Ron in their bedroom at #12 Grimmauld Place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hmm…not much to say except…R/R!

Player/Sora