Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword

SoraSummers

A/N:

I apologize in advance for the major run-on sentences here. Lol, honestly, sometimes I just can't even believe it was actually me who wrote this stuff.

Chapter 17

Harry had one of the greatest Christmas' of his life.

He had gotten Ron a set of play-back chess pieces, so that Ron could play against them rather than he and Hermione, he had given Hermione a very pretty (and expensive) bracelet which she loved very much, and he'd given Mark a chess set of his own, so that if Ron got bored of beating his play-back pieces ha could beat up on him, and to Neville (whom was finally out of the hospital wing) he gave a book on magical plants from all over the world, and he sent a copy of he and Hermione's photo that Colin had taken to the Dursley's by muggle post, hoping that they would accept it, and had a strong feeling that they would.

He received a new wristwatch from Hermione, as his had stopped working a long time ago, he got a book full of different chess strategies from Ron, a dragon book from Hagrid, a new sweater from Mrs. Weasley that had a snitch on the front and :42 sewn onto the back, Lupin had given him a historic book on the history of the unforgivable curses, he received many other items from tons of other people as well, most notably a box of sugar sweet candies from Hermione's parents, and a note saying that they were honored that he was dating their daughter, the most meaningful gift to Harry though, was a full picture of the Dursley's, with a note that said they couldn't wait for him to get back. Harry couldn't believe it. Aunt Petunia must have really gotten through to them.

The best part of christmas though, was all the time he spent with Hermione. Early in the morning they left after presents to go for a walk, and didn't come back until nearly curfew, having spent a wonderful day walking the grounds, sitting by the lake, taking a stroll through the forest, and much, much more.

Ron grinned at them when they came back, he was playing chess with Padma Patil, whom had come over from her common room to have christmas with her sister.

"So what did you two do all day?" Ron asked them, and everyone in the room turned to see them.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Use your imagination." At the explosion of laughter Harry realized that this was the wrong thing to say, but he didn't care.

Let them think what they want Harry thought to himself Today was the best day of my life.

Annoyed by the laughing from everyone downstairs, Harry and Hermione walked upstairs and lay down in his bed-just laid down-and quickly fell asleep, Harry could not think of a better end to a day than one where Hermione was in his arms.

No one mentioned to the teachers that Hermione had slept in Harry's bed that night, all though Seamus would definitely not let them forget it, he knew better just like everyone else that they could get in huge trouble if that was discovered.

When school started up again, Harry was excited for the DA meetings, for they were finally going to start on the Imperious Curse. Not everyone was to excited about it though, but Ron stepped forward to show Harry his trust, and Harry used him as the first example.

"You have to listen to the inner voice inside you, the one that tells you reason. If you listen to it, then you can beat the curse. That's how I do it." He paused. "It saved my life when I fought Voldemort."

The room hushed and Harry raised his wand to Ron.

"Imperio!" immediately Ron did everything Harry told him to, but was very proud when Ron finally fought it off after Harry tried to get him to play with a football.

Ron beamed at Harry. "You were never gonna get me to do that."

Dean and Ginny rolled their eyes.

The rest of the lesson went well, and Harry was very proud when Hermione threw off the curse after less than a minute. She wasn't the only one though, Neville, Mark and to Harry's surprise Cho also effectively through off the curse.

"Alright that was a great session everyone," he announced beaming. "We'll pick it up again next week and continue it until everyone here can successfully cast and throw off the curse." his tone got much darker.

"And if I ever hear of anyone using this curse outside of a life threatening situation they will have me to answer to."

A few of the members gulped and nodded, all of them knowing that their combined might could probably not even beat Harry, for he had become a very powerful wizard indeed.