Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword by SoraSummers
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Gryffindor Sword

SoraSummers

Chapter 24

Harry and Hermione awoke to a smirking Seamus, Dean, Neville, and Ron, and they both smiled back and went downstairs heading for the Great Hall to eat.

Most unfortunately, McGonogall was in the common room and saw them emerge from Harry's room together. Seamus sat back in an armchair smiling in anticipation, he had even borrowed a muggle snack called popcorn and heated it with his wand, then opened the back and ate it, sharing with Dean and many other excited Gryffindor's.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU?" She shrieked at them, not caring to notice all of the excited spectators. "THERE ARE TWO DORMITORIES FOR A REASON! I CANNOT BELIEVE THE PAIR OF YOU! 50 POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR! EACH!"

A few of the spectators smiles faltered at this, but it didn't seem to disappoint them to much. Seamus was beaming with glee.

"POTTER YOU ARE WORSE THAN YOUR FATHER, IN ALL MY YEARS I HAVE NEVER SEEN, UGGHH!"

She turned on Hermione.

"AND YOU! YOU ARE A PREFECT, AND THE TOP STUDENT IN THIS SCHOOL! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SETTING AN EXAMPLE FOR THE YOUNGER STUDENTS! BUT NO, YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND HAVE TO GO FOOLING AROUND!"

Seamus choked on a popcorn seed and started gagging violently. It was actually a rather interesting sound, as he was gagging and laughing loudly at the same time, until Dean finally smacked him on the back and he coughed up the seed, it flew and hit McGonogall in the face.

She turned on Seamus furious, but he spoke up.

"Don't stop Professor! You were doing so well!" McGonogall huffed loudly and stormed out of the room furiously. The tower erupted in laughter again.

The story grew quickly-even by Hogwarts standards. Hermione and Harry seemed to have etched themselves a place in the Hogwarts Hall of Fame right next to Fred and George.

Lessons were a big joke again, all the students erupted in laughter every time Harry and Hermione walked into a room together. They got mixed reactions from their teachers. McGonogall, of course, was furious, as was Lupin, but Flitwick and Sprout seemed to think it was romantic, and Hagrid beamed proudly at them.

Snape glared at the pair and took 20 points from Gryffindor when Harry's back split open, splattering its contents all over the corridor. Harry had a pretty good idea of just how his bag had split, but said nothing.

Later that night, a very serious Seamus and Parvati (they were seeing each other now too) beckoned Harry and Hermione over to them, they were holding some kind of book.

"Okay," Seamus said. "You two need to see this." They glanced at each other, wondering what could be so important. Seamus opened the book and Harry groaned. Seamus though, kept a straight face.

"Now Harry this is called a Dragon Skin Tux, and Hermione, this is a beautiful full body wedding dress..." The room exploded yet again, and Harry and Hermione laughed rolling their eyes, and headed up to go to sleep, in their own beds this time.

Harry had trouble falling asleep though, as he couldn't help but imagine how beautiful Hermione would have been in that dress.