Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter: Bad Wolf... by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter: Bad Wolf...

jms granger

Fire and Plot: Part Three

`That wizard…' Harry said brightly `…is Guy Fawkes'

'So that's Guy Fawkes…' Hermione said as she tried to get her head around this new information as she pointed at the man with the wand before turning her attention to the Phoneix, beautifully golden and red looking happily at Harry `…and that's Fawkes the Phoneix?'

'Seems that way' Harry said as he stroked behind the ears of the phoenix which was now singing happily as he did. Strangely the song seemed to somehow lighten her heart just by the joy of the sounds.

'How do you know either of us?' Guy Fawkes demanded with his wand rose aggressively at Harry.

'Oh...you know...' Harry said, running a hand through his hair, but Guy Fawkes stood still and awaited an answer and for once Harry seemed to be at a loss '...um...any help Hermione?'

'What do you mean?' Hermione said confused as Harry scrunched up his face in concentration.

'I've run out of convincing lies' Harry said shaking his head and laughing, Hermione saw that Guy Fawkes now seemed completely bewildered by Harry's words.

'Try the truth then?' Hermione suggested.

'Ok' Harry said simply `we're a lovable time travelling duo from the twenty…'

`Not that much of the truth!' Hermione said quickly, cutting Harry off before Guy Fawkes stopped them with his wand.

'Oh, I get you now!' Harry said laughing loudly to himself having enjoyed his mistake `I know you because I've heard of you, and I've been friends with Fawkes since I was...ooohhhhh...12?'

'That's impossible' Guy Fawkes said in confusion, shaking not only his head but seemingly his whole body.

'Now why do you say that?' Harry said with his voice low and thoughtful.

'Because Fawkes has been with me since I was a young boy, before you were even born let alone 12!' he said angrily.

'No arguing with you there' Harry said laughing, but Hermione was confused, how Harry could have known Fawkes when he lived 500 years in the future was beyond her. Hermione quickly reasoned that Harry had lots of friends in the past, like Charles she had met before, and with Harry the impossible often seemed mundane.

'Explain yourself boy!' Guy Fawkes shouted, his wand shaking slightly in anger.

'Fawkes is my friend, and to prove this watch this' Harry said and bent his mouth low next to Fawkes golden red ear and appeared to whisper some words in it before backing away, holding up a bright golden feather, evidently plucked from Fawkes. Hermione had no idea what this proved but by Guys reaction she knew it had meant something and she could tell instantly that the tide was turning their way for once.

'That's...that's...' he stammered in shock.

'Impossible?' Hermione said smiling.

'Yeah' he breathed, his wand lowering down next to his side which brought out a smile on Harry's face 'He wont even let me pluck a feather for my wand, and he's been with my family for generations...'

'He learnt a long time ago not to give away his feathers for wands' Harry said gently, his hands running across the neck of the phoenix in a way that seemed to be consoling 'mine is the only one left in existence with his feather as a core'

'Your wand is made from Fawkes?' Guy said, his voice seemed to be getting weaker as he got more information, and thankfully Harry seemed to realize this and only nodded hiss agreement and stood in silence stroking the phoenix as he awaited Guy to speak. Hermione made a mental note to ask Harry how and when he knew Fawkes, as a lot of things was still left unanswered, but she knew that they had to look completely united in front of people, especially those that just may be murderers.

'Well...' Guy said after a few moments, his voice having found some its strength again '...Well, I guess then, if your a friend of Fawkes and all...then we...I am your friend also'

Guy suddenly pointed his wand at the ceiling and the whole room was quickly lit up and Hermione saw dozens of boxes without markings around them. Harry smiled and wandered over to his wand retrieving it and pocketing it quickly.

'I'll be back in just two ticks' Harry said in a friendly tone to Guy who looked confused so he added 'Some...people...are upstairs and I need to make sure we wont be interrupted'

Hermione watched as Harry strolled of up the stairs, leaving her alone with Guy Fawkes, the revolutionist from her school books who she had just been threatened by and who also happened to be a phoenix owning wizard. So all was normal in the life of Hermione Granger.

'What's your name then, dear girl?' Guy said after a few moments.

'It's Hermione' she said as nicely as she could and tried to smile at her.

'That's a nice name' he said in a very friendly tone.

'Thanks' she said awkwardly, meeting history's celebrities was usually daunting but meeting one who was in the process of blowing up the houses of parliament and who had a wand was doubly so.

'If you don't mind my asking, you're not a witch are you?' Guy asked with his voice low and smooth as he spoke.

'Nah' she said, relaxing slightly 'I'm just...well...me'

'There's nothing better than being yourself' Guy said, a smile had unfolded from one eye to the other and seemed to fill his whole face.

'Guy...do you mind if I call you that?' Hermione asked nervously but he smiled and nodded generously `How did you know I wasn't a witch?'

`I assure it I meant no harm by that comment' he said nervously so she smiled at him to let him know she took none `It's just I tried to expel your wand when I did your compatriot, and I couldn't fathom why you wouldn't have one on you'

`Someone's a little quick, aren't they?' Hermione teased as she laughed making him chuckle.

`Basic logic, my dear Hermione, just plain basic logic' Guy said with a wry smile `we do live in an age of enlightenment, after all'

Hermione looked at the kind eyed gentlemen before her and couldn't believe this was Guy Fawkes, the man who would blow up a building for a religious belief, a man who had been vilified for centuries.

`Guy, I hope you don't mind me asking, but…' Hermione said, pausing to think her words through carefully `…why are you here tonight?'

'I assumed you and your friend already knew that?' Guy said, his eyes measuring her slightly but his smile told her it wasn't meant in a bad way, not like a lot of the other times people had measured her up. They usually had a view to killing her.

'We know what you're... planning to do...' Hermione said this nervously as she tried to pick words that didn't sound like an accusation but just part of a conversation '...but we don't know why?'

'Really?' Guy said, sorrow in his voice 'I guess I must seem quite the monster to you, don't I?'

'No!' Hermione said quickly, but her raised an eyebrow at her in disbelief 'well, not really...we knew there must be more to it...there has to be'

'And like most stories of this nature, there's an awful lot more' Guy Fawkes said gently, sadness in his tone as if he was trying to avoid telling everything because of the pain of reliving it.

'And we really have to hear it all' Harry said as he strolled back into the room, closed the door and waved his wand over it and smiled at the pair of them 'we wont be interrupted, they think we're performing an exorcism'

'And I guess you Father Karras?' Hermione said smiling, with Harry's arrival the room seemed to be even brighter still.

'Naturally' Harry said with a wink as he walked up next to Fawkes and ran a hand along his neck.

'If you don't mind, kind sir, Shall I call you Father Karras?' Guy said politely to Harry.

'Father Potter will do' Harry said laughing 'or plain and simple Harry'

'Plain and simple?' Hermione said teasingly nudging him slightly to make him chuckle.

'Well then just Harry' he said with a wink as he turned his attention back to Guy Fawkes.

'Well, Harry' Guy Fawkes said quickly 'I hope you forgive my briskness but time is running against me, so please tell me what you wish to know?'

'How and why you think blowing up a large building full of innocent people is justifiable' Harry said, his voice seemed to be a little darker as he said this 'because I'm guessing that it's not to overthrow the Protestant control of England?'

'No no' Guy Fawkes said quickly shaking his head 'I wish it was something as simple as that, something that made sense in a black and white way of the world…'

'Then please tell me what it is' Harry said forcefully.

'You wouldn't believe me' Guy Fawkes said sincerely 'no one else does'

'Me and Harry have seen a lot of things people think were crazy about' Hermione said gently 'maybe we can help you'

'No one can help...' Guy Fawkes said 'I fear even I am to late...'

'Guy' Harry said strongly, a hint of desperation in his voice 'what is going on here...what is coming?'

'How do you know something is coming?' Guy said quickly eyeing Harry with a pleading look.

'Fawkes' Harry said running a hand behind the Phoenixes ear 'he comes to those that have to face a challenge, and a big challenge at that...that's how I knew him'

'What did he help you face?' Guy asked seriously, his eyes running all over Harry as if searching for a clue to the answer of this question.

'It's not important' Harry said dismissively waving a hand.

'YES IT IS!' Guy shouted quickly.

'Why?' Hermione asked low and confused.

'Because I don't know what I'm up against!' Guy said exasperated, the verge of tears started to enter his eyes slowly.

'How...wha...eh?' Harry said in confusion as he shook his head slightly in confusion.

'Fawkes follows me and...He seems to be leading me...here...' Guy said as he fell to his knees running both hands up against the sides of his head.

'How?' Harry asked seriously walking up closer to the man who looked like he was in pain.

'I don't know...feelings...coincidences...all made by Fawkes...' Guy said this and stopped.

'And...' Harry said nudging him to carry on.

'And...' Guy said slowly 'I have these dreams...painful dreams...dangerous dreams...'

'A seer?' Harry said in shock as he looked down at Guy, Harry seemed to tense suddenly and his voice took on greater urgency 'What do you see in these dreams?'

'I...I...' Guy stuttered 'When I awake, I remember them perfectly, but before I can write them down they slip away, like my hands are trying to cup water...'

'A premonition' Harry said darkly under his breathe, before his eyes shot with crazy excitement as he practically shouted at guy the `It has to leave you with something, anything, a word, an image, a phrase, a feeling?'

'Bad Wolf' Guy said softly looking up and locking eyes with Harry as if he thought the green of his eyes would tell him what those two words meant.

'What?' Hermione said quickly at his words, breathing rapidly in shock.

'Bad Wolf' Guy said looking at her 'just those two words I can remember, over and over again, for months on end...Bad Wolf...'

'I've heard that before' Hermione said looking at Harry, she knew she had but couldn't recall where, like her brain had somehow locked those moments away from her.

'So have I' Harry said taking a step back towards Hermione, she breathed easier, if Harry had heard them too he would solve it, he would make sense of it.

'What does it mean?' Hermione asked nervously as she looked at Harry who seemed to be thinking hard, his hand running through his hair as stood still and upright.

'It means...' Harry said before he stopped for a moment and then a smile came on his lips 'it means we came to the right place, as there's a lot of work for us to do here'

'You will help me?' Guy said, a huge smile broke out on his face, and his hands seemed to grab the air in the need to somehow grasp Harrys words and hold onto them for dear life.

'Of course we will' Hermione said, her heart pumping faster as she saw the smile on Harry's face, the smile that told her he had an inkling of a plan..

'The dream team will save the day' Harry said smiling at her, his green eyes flashing excitedly as they locked onto hers.

'Always' she added with a smile.

*

That's that chapter, hoped you liked it.

I am so sorry for taking so long. My computer got wiped. So I lost all my notes! This story, the outline of all the adventures, the ending that was finished, Microsoft Office, and even all my University work! To say this sucks is a HUGE underestimation, and consequently I had to write a fifteen thousand word essay on the increasing cultural shift between works of 'Art' and 'literature'...not fun...although it did give me an adventure for the duo that I LOVE! So you'll be getting that soon...

Anyway, hope you liked this, two more chapters for this adventure, and then it's a biggie, a VERY biggie that has ALOT of things to look out for the ending...

Till next time (tomorrow)...

Jms Granger…


-->