Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter: Bad Wolf... by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter: Bad Wolf...

jms granger

The Lost Painting: Part Four

Harry stepped into the nice, air conditioned room, and the British Museum in all its grandeur welcomed him in. It seemed like weeks had passed since he had last been here when in fact he had only been here a matter of hours ago. That time it was for fun.

Harry strode through the foyer and past the gift shop, remembering the look Hermione gave him when he told her about buying pencils.

Harry was walking purposeful through the rooms when he felt a strong hand grab his arm and pull him backwards, and as his sight focused properly he saw James standing before him.

`I just saw you leave five minutes ago?' James said shaking his head distractedly.

`Then why are you still here?' Harry asked slightly confused.

`I wanted to get a postcard of Hermione' James said shyly `but they don't sell them…I'm going to get a camera to take one'

`Fantastic' Harry said sarcastically as he carried on walking, James caught up quickly and walked beside him.

`So where's Hermione?' James asked looking about them, but Harry couldn't answer, so James tried again `How long have you been away?'

`Not even a day' Harry said dismissively as he read the signs on the wall to make sure he was going in the right direction.

`That time travelling thing is weird' James said with a little whistle.

`You have no idea' Harry muttered under his breathe as he carried on walking.

He noticed the hundreds of painting but didn't want to look at them, he knew he wouldn't see nay beauty in them, not when he was about to see Hermione again.

He strolled through to the exhibition on renaissance art and walked up to the painting, so beautifully hung in the middle of the wall.

`Oh, Hermione…' Harry said as he walked up to it, he could feel the beginning of tears starting to form in his eyes, but he blinked them away. He had work to do.

`So what's so important about this painting that you visit twice in one day?' James said but Harry didn't answer, instead he drew out his wand and waved it over the painting `What the hell! Put that away!'

James grabbed Harry arm to try and force him to hide his wand but Harry pushed him of angrily and James stared at him in shock.

`This painting is Hermione!' Harry growled angrily at James.

`I know…' James said uncertainly `I showed you it'

`You don't get it' Harry snapped angrily `this is her!'

`What do you mean?' James said, but his eyes shot onto the painting and he gasped as he realized exactly what it meant `What has happened?'

`Isn't that obvious!' Harry said angrily as he pointed at the painting.

`Can you save her?' James asked quickly.

`I don't know!' Harry said angrily `She's been in that painting for four hundred years…It might be too long'

`Why don't you just go back and save her in wherever you came from?' James asked quickly, his voice still full of fury.

`Because I can see it right in front of me!' Harry snapped `which means I wasn't able to find it, and never would!'

`What the hell do you mean?' James said looking confused.

`If I went back and saved her, then this painting would never have existed in the year 2006' Harry said shaking his head as he looked at Hermione `you would never have seen it, never have shown us it and it wouldn't have made us go to 1580 something or other! Thus this painting has to exist in 2006 or a very mighty paradox would occur'

`Ending the world' James said lowly.

They both stood there silent for a few moments looking at Hermione. He couldn't understand how he could have missed it, this painting was exactly her, every line and blemish in the exact spot. No one could have painted this thing, no one who hadn't known her inside out anyway. It was just too beautiful, too perfect. Too Hermione.

`What will happen to her?' James asked.

`What do you mean?' Harry asked confused.

`The painting is weathered' James answered, his voice breaking slightly `the paint is old, and parts of her face is missing'

Harry leaned closer and found it to be true, like all old paintings it had taken a beating throughout the centuries.

`I don't know' Harry lied as he remembered the paint dripping down he walls to become the person once again

`Tell the truth' James said bravely.

`I think…' Harry said but choked on his words `I think there will be some…some…damage…'

`You cant' James said, his eyes glistening now with tears.

`What else can I do?' Harry shouted angrily `Leave her to rest as a painting forever? Do you realize that we'll never see her again? That she'll never live again?'

James looked at Harry, he was now crying and sobbing slightly. James bent closer to the painting and placed a kiss on the glass.

`Do it' James said stepping backwards.

Harry bent closer to the painting and looked into Hermione's large brown eyes, to perfect to be painted by anyone.

`I'm so sorry, Hermione' he whispered as he held up his wand and waved it over th painting, performing the spells he knew should work.

But nothing happened. And Harry knew no soul was left in this painting.

`Has it worked?' James asked nervously after several long moments.

`No' Harry said, his eyes stinging as he fought the tears back `I was too late…'

`Hermione' James sobbed suddenly as he fell to his knees, rocking uncontrollable `you did this to her! You killed Hermione!'

`It…it wasn't my fault!' Harry said stepping backwards, his vision blurry from the tears `I…I…'

`If you hadn't taken her away she would be safe right now!' James shouted angrily. Harry knew that they must be getting strange looks from the other visitors but he no longer cared.

`I…I…' Harry stumbled out `I showed her the world…'

`And that world killed her!' James shouted angrily once again.

`Oh my god…' Harry said running his hands over his face `I've killed her…'

`You took her away from where she was safe' James carried on.

`I killed her' Harry repeated softly.

`And because you she died alone! Without her family and friends!' James shouted once more `in Florence 1584!'

`What?' Harry said stopping, his heart beating rapidly in his chest once again, but not for loss this time, but with excitement.

`You killed her!' James sobbed.

`Not that part' Harry said rapidly walking up to the Hermione and looking at it once again, closer this time.

`She died alone!' James sobbed.

`Not that part either' Harry said waving a hand. He examined the picture and saw hope.

`In Florence!' James bellowed.

`Now that's interesting!' Harry said throwing his head back in laughter as he finished examining the painting.

`Interesting?' James said disbelieving as he stepped to his feet `is that what it is?'

`Yep' Harry said brightly, laughing even harder `because Master Dubont took that painting to Venice!'

`So what?' James asked excitedly, he didn't know what was happening but Harry was happy again, and that meant a plan.

`So what?' Harry said with a huge grin `So I might just be able to save her still!'

And without another word Harry ran from the building, back towards the Anglia, ready to travel through time again, ready to save Hermione Granger.

*

That's part 4 done! I know its short, but I liked it still! Hope you enjoyed it…the conclusion comes next, and then it's the finale! Excited? No? Well I am!

Till next time…

Jms Granger…


-->