Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Doesn't Know by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Doesn't Know

i found nemo

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

Harry Doesn't Know

Chapter 12: Morning Yodels and Happy Ending In Berlin?

A:N/ This will probably be finished before DH comes out, so read the AN at the end and give me your ideas if you want to see more! And again, thank you to Danni for the quick beta.

"YODDELAY-HEEE-HOO!" shouted a cheerful voice from the distance.

Harry groaned from behind Hermione, tightening his arm that was thrown lazily over her waist so that she was now fully against him with his head laying protectively over hers.

"What is that?" whispered Hermione still half asleep. She closed her eyes tighter, trying to block out the morning sun.

"Just a bird. Go back to sleep," he rasped back, placing a kiss on the side of her head and snuggling in closer.

She smiled as she felt something hard against the back of her naked bum, "I guess that's not the only thing awake, eh?"

"Shut it, you," he smirked as he pinched her bum playfully making her squeal.

"Why Mr. Potter," she teased beginning to turn around to look at him, "Aren't you- AHH!" she let out a loud shriek pulling the blanket up to her chin.

"What's wrong?" Harry began jumping immediately and fretfully touching her shoulder. He looked over to where her wide eyes were focused, "Bloody hell!" he yelled, protectively leaning over Hermione to let her hide behind him.

"Wakey, wakey, hands of snakey!" said McGruff cheerfully, rubbing his palms together and giving Harry a wink.

"Where the hell d'you come from?" exclaimed Harry, looking down to make sure everything below his waist was covered.

McGruff tried to turn his eyes to get a peek at Hermione but she only pulled the blanket up more and huddled further behind Harry. "Didn't you get me yodel?"

"Your what?" Harry asked impatiently. This wasn't exactly the morning after he had planned...

"My yodel. It goes something like YODDELAY-HEE-"

"Alright!" Harry yelled, cutting him off. His hands were brought up to his ears trying to protect them from the sudden shrill shrieking. "No, we must have missed it."

"Ohoh, I can only imagine, eh man?" he said holding his hands in front of him, curled into fists and pumping his hips back and forth.

Harry just stared at the man, totally appalled. "No," he said simply with a look of disgust. Hermione groaned and pressed her head deeper into Harry's back.

"Oh right, right," he chuckled, winking his right eye and then his left in an obvious manor.

"Is there something you need?" asked Harry with severe impatience in him tone.

"I'm back vith the gas-o-line! The two young foals are still sleeping. They must've had a pretty tiring night too, eh?" he asked raising a mirthful eye at Harry and Hermione, who were both staring at the man in repugnance. "Too bad I had to leave, I'm known to be very pleasuring," he said shaking a finger at them, like they would actually care to know this, " my friends from prison didn't call me the energizer-rabbit for nothing, eh!" he finished with a shout, bouncing happily on the balls of his feet.

Both Harry and Hermione's jaws dropped and eyebrows shot into their hair line. 'Wow...' Harry thought to himself, 'what a way to kill an erection...' His eyes dropped down to give an apologetic look to his member that was now laying relaxed underneath his layer of blanket. 'All hope is lost...'

"Well come now, young love ducks!" he said loudly snapping his fingers. "We get on the road, and we get on the road now!" he looked excitedly between the two faces expecting them to jump up starkers and start getting ready to go.

"Um, right, well d'you think you can give us a little privacy?" spoke Hermione finally finding her voice.

McGruff looked like he didn't even know what the word meant for a second before clapping his hands together and giving them another crazy smirk, "I'll go give a go at waking up the two wood peckers," he finished hurrying off through the grass.

Harry turned around pensively to look at Hermione, "I am so sorry."

She shook her head at him, "It's not your fault Harry. We should have remembered that he would be back."

"Yeah, but you don't expect the bloke to surprise attack you like this," he said running a hand down her bare arm.

"What a way to ruin the mood, huh?" she asked still a little dazed.

"Oh, you have no idea. I've never just dropped an erection so quickly in my life after seeing that man." he told her rather seriously.

Hermione giggled at his expression before leaning in and giving him a much anticipated kiss. Harry wasted no time in deepening the kiss and slowly they sank back to the ground together, still lip locked.

A loud masculine scream made them break apart, closely followed by, "OI! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

"No fear, the energizer-rabbit is here!"

Harry sighed and looked back to Hermione with a wearisome expression.

"I guess we better go help him," said Hermione, beginning to reach around for her clothes.

"Who, Ron or McGruff, because Ron's probably about ready to pound McGruff to a bloody pulp."

...

An hour later found Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, and McGruff all packed back inside of his small car speeding down the highway. Harry and Hermione were again in the back of the car holding hands and every so often sending each other small smiles, which only gave a moody Ron something more to grumble about after his awakening that morning. Neville was again seated in the front passenger seat, frequently sending sceptical glances in McGruff's direction and then scooting deeper into the door. McGruff was sitting in the front seat without a care in the world, humming a song that he had no doubt heard from 'Miami Vize' and supporting a bruise looming over his eye.

Well... Ron had to do something about the whole energizer-rabbit wake up call...

The four were pulled out of their own little worlds as the car came screeching to a halt, throwing everyone in the car forward ungracefully.

"We're here!" shouted McGruff, drumming his hands on the driving wheel excitedly.

"Really?" asked Ron dropping his bad mood immediately to look out of the car's yellow window.

"Really, really!" again shouted McGruff. "Listen my little hoppers, I have taken immense delight in driving you, and the getting the gas-o-line for you, and then driving you some more. Now Americans, we shall take separate roads in life... so get your stuff and get out of my car, eh!? I have places to ride and but cheeks to slap!" he finished howling with laughter.

The four looked at him in bewilderment, not even bothering to again correct him about their nationality, before grabbing their bags and climbing out of the car with a muttered 'Thanks'. As soon as Neville closed the door McGruff pressed the gas and took of like thunder down the city street.

The group slowly turned around to look at where they had been left. Ron let a huge smile plaster itself on his face.

A green sign stood proudly on the street across from them: Unter den Linden

They had made it to Berlin. Ron let out a loud whooping sound and picked Neville up, swirling him in the air. Once he had set him down (since Nev was getting rather green in the face) he started digging through his back pack looking for something.

"Ahah!" he said finally, pulling out a thick stack of parchment. "Leigh said in one of her letters that she lives in the flats right across the street from the British Embassy which is like two blocks up from Unter den Linden!"

"Wait, you don't know exactly where she lives?" asked Hermione with a frown.

"Well of course not, if I had I would have flooed here."

"So what are you supposed to do, go around knocking at every flat near the Embassy?"

"No," Ron scoffed, "Only the ones across the street from it."

Hermione sent him a glare as he smiled at her, "Come on Hermione, we came all this way. Can't you just go with me on this?"

"Ron, I really just feel more comfortable thinking-"

'Fine, I didn't want to come to this...' Ron thought. It was time to pull out the big guns. He rolled his eyes at Hermione cutting her off in the middle of her charade and said in the rudest tone he could muster, "For Merlin's sake, Harry, control your damn woman."

All three of his friends' jaws dropped to the ground. Ron raised his eyebrow, trying to keep a straight defiant face as he continued, "Honestly, this is why women should be kept on a bloody leash. A short leash at that."

"What?" asked Hermione now livid. It didn't take a lot for Hermione to get mad at Ron, however it wasn't everyday he accomplished to see her eyes aflame in fury.

"You heard me, Hermione," he said folding his arms and tilting his head trying to give a more superior look about him.

"No, 'Mi, he was just kidding-" Harry tried in a gentle tone but Hermione had already cut him off.

"THAT'S IT RONALD WEASLEY! YOU'RE DEAD!"

"Oh shit," Ron managed to mutter quietly before turning on his heel and sprinting down the rest of the sidewalk and across the street, Hermione right on his toes. Neville and Harry both shared a rather nervous look before grabbing up their bags and heading after Hermione, which wasn't an easy task seeing that her long legs were carrying her faster and faster down the street towards Ron, who they both could tell was scared out of his wits.

Ron was dashing down Unter den Linden as fast as he could. 'Why does she have to be so bloody fast?' He thought to himself as he took a sharp left taking him down a rubbish strewn alley with a few trash cans scattered here and there. 'Just one more block,' he encouraged himself. He could tell Hermione was gaining in on him and he was already beginning to get cramps in his side. Running was definitely not his favourite thing to do. He cheered to himself as he passed the buildings and again was heading across a major street.

Cars came grinding to a stop as the seen Ron and Hermione and then Harry and Neville, who were a little ways behind them, rush out into the street. The angry 'honks' coming from the cars didn't deter Ron or Hermione for that matter as they continued darting past empty rubbish bins in a new alley. Ron could feel the sweat pouring of his fore head, 'Note to self: never use the big guns on Hermione again. Ever again...'

However, a waving flag had caught his attention at the end of the alley they were quickly coming to the end of. A British flag. Ron smiled, knowing this must be the Embassy they were running past and then across the street must be the complex where Leigh lives. That alone urged him.

With his new spurt of energy he started moving his legs in longer strides, putting much more distance between him and Hermione. After what felt like ages, he had come out of the alley and passed the final street. With a loud 'huff' he doubled over outside a large concrete engraved sign, putting his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

And of course three seconds later he was being tackled and pinned to the ground face first by his rather irate best female friend. She had managed to pull one of his arms painfully behind his back, his other one hanging limply off to the side, and was sitting on him, her knees pressing into his spine, while her other hand was pushing the side of his face into the ground.

"OW!" Ron yelled, but it had no affect on her as she pulled his arm back harder.

"Take it back!" she said fiercely, the fire still evident in her eyes.

"I take it back, I'm sorry!" he shouted as clearly as possible with his head still being pushed into the concrete. By then, Harry and Neville had showed up both out of breath and panting. Harry was trying to gently ease Hermione off of Ron.

"How dare you, Ron, how dare you!" she yelled getting louder with every word.

"Hermione, I didn't mean it, I only said it so you would follow me here!" he again shouted, his words being muffled into the ground.

"What?!" Hermione exclaimed. Neville tapped her on the back and pointed across the street. Her head turned furiously to take in the sight of the British Embassy. Her eyes narrowed, "You tricked me?!" It was a question since Hermione, being the sensible and smart one, was never tricked. End of discussion. Never. Tricked.

Ron smiled into the dirty sidewalk, "Yes, and it felt amazing." Hermione defiantly pulled Ron's arm back more making him groan.

"Sweetheart, come on," said Harry in a smoothing tone, "he's already suffered enough. He's run two blocks and now you've probably ripped his shoulder out of socket."

"He would deserve it!" she interjected hotly.

"Yes, he would," he said beginning to pet her hair comfortingly, "but he did it out of the sake of love. Love for a woman. Doesn't that make him worthy?"

Hermione smiled at him looking him in the eyes, "No. But you've convinced me all the same."

He gave her his goofy grin before leaning in and pressing his lips to hers. Underneath them, Ron looked appalled, "What? Are you kissing? Hermione, are kissing my best friend? Hermione, I know you're not kissing on top of me-OW!" Hermione had broke the kiss and had pulled on Ron's arm one last time before climbing off him and standing next to Harry, his hand reaching for hers instinctively.

Neville had helped Ron to his feet as he was now stretching his back out with his hands on his hips twisting forward and backward.

"Christ, Hermione," he muttered before finally glancing down between hers and Harry's bodies at their hands tightly clasped together. He pointed like a child pointing to a tiger at the zoo and said 'ew' rather immaturely.

"Oh, shove it Ron," said Hermione taking a threatening step forward as Harry placed his free hand on her shoulder and both Ron and Neville took a step back from her.

"Anyway," said Ron casually before turning around and looking at the large building, "Oh look we're here!"

Hermione rolled her eyes as she, Harry, and Neville followed an excited Ron through the courtyard and into what seemed to be a very posh and richly decorated main lobby.

"Erm, excuse me," spoke Ron to a blonde man sitting at the front desk equipped in a full tuxedo suit. "I'm looking for a girl... who is supposed to live here... her name's Leigh..."

The man gave Ron and the three standing behind him a puzzled look. He spoke a sentence in German, which Ron only assumed to be him telling them that he didn't speak English.

"Of course you don't speak English," Ron muttered to himself, his shoulder sagging.

Neville looked sadly at Ron, "Maybe I could-"

"No." said all three at once. Neville took a step back and looked to the ground.

"Thanks Neville, but I just doubt the German you know would work here." said Ron trying to cheer him up.

Neville looked up and shrugged, "I was only trying to help find Leigh."

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help over hearing that you were looking for Leigh, the lovely young lady living in the penthouse with he father, Don?" said a woman with a British accent from behind them. The group all turned to see a middle aged woman with brown mousy hair and bright blue eyes.

"Yeah!" voiced Ron, "You know her?"

"Well I just said I knew her, silly boy. Though, I haven't heard many people refer to her as that."

Hermione quirked a quizzical eyebrow at that. As she was about to ask her what she had meant Ron interrupted her, "Where'd you say she lived?"

"The pent house sweet, boy. It's on the top floor. Take the elevator, there," she finished pointing to two shiny silver doors firmly pressed together.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" said Ron as he turned immediately and took of for the lift. Hermione muttered her own 'Thanks' to the woman before following Ron, pulling Harry and Neville behind her.

"How do you open this thing?" Ron was muttering as the three came up to him. He was standing very close to the silver doors, trying to pry them open with his fingers.

"Uh, Ron." said Harry in amused tone. Ron looked at him about to give him the 'I don't have time' speech when Harry pointed to a small button on the wall and pressed it. There was a small 'ding' and the two silver doors separated, opening to reveal a quaint little compartment.

"Oh," said Ron, poking his head in to take a little look around. "So this is the p-"

"This is the elevator Ron," said Neville smiling.

"Oh, right. So, uh..." Ron voiced, preparing himself to take a step in.

"Oh, Ron wait!" called Hermione just as he had raised his foot.

"What?"

"I can't let you go up there looking like that." she said stepping forward and taming his hair with her fingers and pulling on the collar of his shirt. "Okay," she said patting his chest and giving him a reassuring smile.

He smiled back, "Alright, wish me luck."

"Good luck," chorused the other three as Ron took a step into the elevator. He turned around to give them one last smile and saw Harry give him the thumbs up and Hermione looking at something on the wall with a shocked expression before the two silver doors clanged together.

As soon as the doors had shut Hermione nudged both Harry and Neville in the side and pointed to the little bronze plate of suites and the last names of the owners. Both their eyes widened as they read the last name that was scrawled next to pent house suite.

Meanwhile Ron had been waiting in the same position for a few moments with his hands clasped behind his back. A few moments later he began bouncing on the balls of his feet and looking around the cabin. 'So... when exactly am I going to get to the pent house?'

On the other side of the doors Harry, Hermione, and Neville were sharing amused grins, both because of the realisation who he was going to see and also waiting for Ron to realise that he wasn't moving anywhere.

"Uh Hermione?" he called ten seconds later.

She smirked, "Press the 'P' button on the front panel, Ron."

"Um," he said looking around and noticing a fancy bronze panel. Sure enough the first button at the top had a shiny gold P engraved on it. "Right, gotcha." He pressed it and seconds later he felt the compartment jolt into life and began carrying him upward, "Wicked," he breathed with his hands placed cautiously out at his sides.

There was another small 'ding' and the doors opened revealing a lavish hallway which lead to a single door at the end.

He slowly started making his way for the door. As he reached the door, he paused, bracing himself for what was behind that door- for whom was behind that door. He stood there taking deep breath after deep breath. Right when raised his hand to knock he heard a familiar 'ding' and turned around to see Harry, Neville, and Hermione exit off the elevator. Ron started shaking his head in confusion as Harry came up and clapped him on the back, "We came all this way, mate. We're not gonna miss this," he said as if it were the most obvious conclusion in the world. He smiled as his friends gathered around him.

Finally taking one last deep breath he raised his fist an knocked on the door.

They waited a few moments before they heard soft foot steps approaching from the other side and the door knob turn.

It opened to reveal a very old and fragile looking woman in a black and white maid uniform. Harry smirked at Ron, "And there is the love of your life, mate."

Ron elbowed in the stomach and turned back to see the woman who was giving Harry a once-over, "Um, Hi I'm here to see Leigh." The elderly woman just continued to glare at the teens.

Ron cleared his throat, ready to repeat himself when an middle-aged man with greying blonde hair came up to the door and practically screamed in woman's ear "Ich habe es, du kann gehen!"<I've got it, you may go.> As soon as the old lady was out of sight, the man (who Ron assumed to be Leigh's father, Don) turned to look at the kids, his eyes widening when he looked to Harry. "How may I help you lot?"

"Hi sir, I'm Ron, a friend of Leigh's. We were wondering if she was home?"

The man's eyebrows raised when Ron said 'Leigh'. "I'm afraid Leigh's not home."

"Do you know when she'll be back?" Ron asked, a worried expression starting to form on his face.

"I'm afraid she's gone for the summer. She took a muggle university program, where they go from great city to great city visiting museums and old churches and such." He noticed Ron looked completely crest fallen and decided to tell him a little more, "She was supposed to be going back London to visit some friends for the summer but she suddenly decided not to and she wouldn't tell me why."

"I think I might know why," muttered Ron, suddenly very ashamed of himself.

"You know she leaves from Rome tomorrow for Tokyo and from there she will be quite unreachable."

Ron looked up into Don's eyes and nodded solemnly, "Well thank you for the information sir, we'll just be on our way."

Don nodded and before closing the door told him, "Cheer up sonny, you'll have your happy ending soon enough, I reckon."

...

Harry, Hermione and Ron were seated out in the courtyard on an elevated flower box. Neville had excused himself saying he had to use the loo.

"You tried your best Ron." tried Hermione, offering him an encouraging smile.

He took a deep breath staring at a meaningless spot on the ground, "She leaves for Tokyo tomorrow and then she's gone, probably go off and find some other bloke, and totally forget about me."

"So it's over, just like that?" asked Harry quietly from his spot next to Hermione.

"What else is there for us to do? It's not like we can floo or apparate cross-country-"

"No, but we can board a muggle air plane and be in Rome by 9 a.m. tomorrow morning." said Neville coming up in front of the trio and throwing a brown paper bag in Ron's lap.

"What's this?" asked Ron opening the sack.

"About 900 euro." said Neville, modestly shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Where'd you get that?" asked Hermione in amazement as Ron and Harry began to thumb through the notes.

Neville shrugged his shoulder, "I had a galleon stuffed in my shoe from a while ago. I told the antique shop across the street it was ancient Aztec gold and they believed me. Bought it off me for 900 euro."

The trio were staring at him in shock. 'Neville, doing something clever... that was something to be shocked about'

"Neville do you have any idea what you've just done?" asked Ron in a serious tone.

"Uh..." Neville stuttered. 'Had he done something wrong. Figures... that's what he gets for being brave and spontaneous...'

"Nev, you just gave me another shot at getting the girl of my dreams," he finished in a now much more sincere and kinder tone. The trio stared up at him in silence with smiles on their faces, idolizing him for once in their lives.

"Well let's go! Krammer says you're supposed to check in an hour early for any international flight!" he finished quickly as Ron jumped up and grabbed his face.

"I'm naming my first child after you," he said before kissing his forehead and taking a step back gathering his bags but not breaking eye contact, "We're going to Rome!"

Hermione flung herself at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and Harry gave him a congratulatory punch on the shoulder, both taking of after Ron who was heading in the direction of the street to hail a taxi.

"Ow," breathed Neville grabbing his now aching shoulder and staring after his friends with a smile on his face. 'Wow, this bravery thing feels good...' he thought before picking up his bag and slinging it over the shoulder that didn't feel like it was about to fall off and running down the street to catch up with his friends.

For those of you who don't know Unter den Linden is a famous boulevard in Berlin with loads of important buildings and other boring stuff like that. So, my dear readers, I hate to say that their will be only one more chapter to go. I'm sad to finish, since this will be my first completed fan fic, so obviously I'm a little reluctant to let it go.

So I leave you with this: ANY IDEAS FOR AN EPILOGUE?!