Unofficial Portkey Archive

Mr. & Mrs. Evans by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Mr. & Mrs. Evans

i found nemo

Disclaimer: Don't own HP or M&MS

Mr. & Mrs. Evans

Chapter 9: Goodbye Harry

[AN] Thank you for all the reviews! I get nearly 5,000 hits per chapter and only about 27 amazing people review.

I know you all are desperate for some H/Hr, and you probably don't want to start of the chapter with a D/G scene… so sorry about that. Trust me, you'll get some H/Hr interaction soon that you'll definitely like.

At last, thank you to Cosmo and Ahsun for the beta!

Draco had let go of Ginny's arms so that she could wrap them around his neck. He walked them back to the wall and pressed her back against it fully, all the while attacking her mouth.

Ginny had never experienced a kiss like this before. Thrills were shooting throughout her entire body and all ending up in her lower region.

She couldn't think about whether kissing Draco Malfoy was right or wrong- right now her only concern was how good the things he was doing to her made her feel.

He moaned and pressed his mouth harder to hers while running his hands up her sides. Ginny gasped into his mouth as his hands ran over her breasts.

Draco moved his mouth down to suck on her neck while Ginny threw her head back in pleasure. She tried to regain some sense of composure in her mind but currently it was only telling her one thing.

"B-bed," she stuttered breathlessly, nodding in the direction of the old bed.

Draco wrapped his arms around her waist and started moving them towards the bed. He was about to throw her down and crawl on top of her when they heard a voice call out, "GIN, MALFOY! Get down here now!"

Draco growled, "Fucking hell…"

Ginny felt the exact same way. A large part of her wanted to ignore her brothers call, but something told her it was important, "We should go."

Draco looked up at her like he wanted to protest. After all, he had been waiting for that moment for a long, long time…

"Fine," he said shortly, letting go of her and straightening out his clothes.

Ginny wanted to say something, but hadn't the faintest idea what she should say. The past five minutes had taken her by such a surprise.

"Let's go," he muttered, leading the way out of the room and down the stairs.

As the two approached the kitchen they could here muffled gasps. Ginny quickened her step, recognizing her brother Fred's voice.

"What happened?" she gasped as they entered the kitchen to see Fred sitting in a chair with Remus hanging over him. He had blood stains on his clothes and was flinching every time Remus touched his face.

Ron looked at her, "He was attacked."

"By who?"

George smirked, "A pigeon was it, dear brother?"

Fred muffled something and flipped him a rude gesture.

"He's fine Ginny, just a bit scratched up," Remus told her as he dabbed some ointment to Fred's face.

"There was a bloke unda' an invisibil'ty cloak," Fred said underneath Remus.

"Did you at least get the wand-detector?" Draco asked tightly.

"'Course I got it, you forget who you're talking to Malfoy," he said cheekily as Remus finished attending to his face.

George smirked, "A bloke who was almost killed by a bird?"

Fred scowled, "It was a dove and it was demented."

"It was probably an animagus you dolt," Draco said.

"I never thought about that," Fred replied with a thoughtful frown.

"Well if there were other wizards there then that makes sense," Ginny said, moving closer to Draco.

"I never thought I'd see the day where you would take up after Malfoy over your own brother," Ron teased her.

Ginny shrugged and looked down as a small blush crept on her face, "I'm just saying it makes sense."

"Alright Fred, you should go put your memories of tonight in a pensieve. Sirius and I will want to take a look at who this wizard was."

"Do you think another group of criminal wizards was behind it?" Ron asked.

Remus nodded, "Probably, but let's not worry about it- we got Donavinci's device and that's what counts."

...

"I need to get access to the penthouse suite," Hermione said to the French woman behind the desk of a posh building.

The woman looked confused for a moment before replying heavily in a French accent, "I can not auth'orize that, mademoiselle."

Hermione leaned in closer to the woman, "You'll authorize it right now."

The French woman gulped before sliding a card key to her. Hermione took it immediately and without saying a thank you stalked off towards the elevator.

When the elevator finally dinged open to reveal the front door of Father's suite, Hermione stepped out and ringed the door bell.

She waited for a few seconds before the door clicked open and Hermione strolled inside.

"What a lovely surprise," spoke the familiar aged voice of Father from behind his desk.

"I'm sorry to barge in on you sir," Hermione said tightly, not truly sorry at all, "But you did say I needed to get back to you with my decision soon."

Father nodded gently and motioned for her to take a seat, "And your decision is?"

Hermione looked straight into her mentor's eyes, "I'll do it."

Father grinned, "Music to my ears."

Hermione nodded, "I'll leave as soon as you need me to, but I have a few requests first," she said boldly, as if daring Father to argue.

Father smiled. He knew he always liked Hermione for a reason, "Shoot."

"I'm going to need a crew over to my house in London to help me pack, a divorce lawyer, and I want to take Sienna with me as my partner."

"Miss Cosveaux? That's quite a mighty demand Mrs. Evans."

"Call me Hermione, and it's non-negotiable," Hermione said unwavering in her position. She knew she was going out on a limb here throwing Sienna's name out like that, but she had a pretty good feeling that Sienna wouldn't pass up a partnership like this. They had been partners for practically fifteen years and Hermione didn't want to start fresh without her.

"If I can't have Sienna then I won't go," she said, speaking the magical words. She wasn't bragging, but she could tell having herself take over for him was too important to Father for him to bugger it up just by saying her friend couldn't go.

A few seconds later, Father acquiesced just like Hermione predicted, "Fine. You drive a hard bargain Hermione, but that's why you're so successful in this business. That's why I want you to be my successor."

Hermione nodded stiffly, not letting any emotion show, "Right, so has the office already been arranged?"

"The finishing touches were put on last week," Father affirmed.

"Good, and do I need to find my own place to stay?"

"I've already arranged something for you," he again said smiling at her.

Hermione scoffed, letting her frustrations get the best of her, "You're always one step ahead, aren't you?"

Father laughed, "Of course Hermione, but soon you will be too."

Hermione paused at his last words. Suddenly, the reality of the day started to crash down around her. In less than twenty-four hours her husband lied to her, she met her boss for the first time, he offered her a job in a different country, she thought she was going to have to quit, then she caught Harry and that tacky red-haired slag, she went on a mission that didn't go as planned, and now- here she was, accepting an offer to move across the ocean, to a foreign land, to have control over her own office. She let out a deep breath and sat back in the chair.

"Hermione," Father said softly after a few moments. Hermione looked up to see him giving her a very caring look, "I have no doubts that you'll be anything, but excellent at this."

Hermione nodded, trying to let herself believe that, "Thank you sir."

"A team will be ready for you tomorrow morning to go collect your things. Also I have a close friend who is a solicitor, he'll be happy to draw up some divorce papers for you."

Hermione nodded, barely believing that this was all really happening.

"Now, what do you have to tell me about today's mission?"

Hermione handed him the folder with the copied documents she found in Donavinci's workshop and started explaining the day's events to Father.

...

"Hermione! Where the hell have you been?" yelled Sienna, rushing in to the sitting room of her flat. They had agreed that Hermione would stay at Sienna's tonight before going back to her house to get her possessions. Sienna was expecting Hermione home hours ago since all she said she had to do was finish some paper work.

Hermione smiled sheepishly, "Sorry Si, I went to go see Father and then I had to sign some papers with his attorney."

Sienna frowned, "Why?"

Hermione looked up to Sienna, "They were papers filing for divorce."

"Divorce, huh?" Sienna asked leaning against the door frame.

Hermione shrugged, "Yeah, I mean why wait? It had to happen sooner or later."

"You're not even going to give Harry the chance to explain himself?"

Hermione looked up at her friend sharply, "Are you defending him?"

Sienna shook her head, "Of course not. I'm just saying… all this is happening kind of fast."

Hermione nodded and kicked off her heels, "Tell me about it. We have another busy day tomorrow, too."

"Did Father tell you that?" Sienna asked in interest.

"Yeah, early tomorrow morning he's ordering a team to go clear my stuff out of my house," Hermione said more quietly at the mention of her having to pack her things up from the home she had shared with Harry for the past six years.

"You're letting Harry keep the house?" Sienna asked with a frown.

"It wouldn't be much good to me if I kept it."

Sienna looked at her, "What do you mean?"

"I'm taking the job in Los Angeles," she replied sitting down on Sienna's sofa.

Sienna stared at her friend's emotionless face and sighed, "'Mi, moving away isn't going to solve anything with Harry."

Hermione flinched at the mention of Harry's name and shrugged, "I know that, that's what a divorce is good for."

Sienna continued to look at her friend. Normally she wouldn't object to Hermione breaking free from her marriage, but she also knew that what Harry did hurt her a lot more than she was letting on, "Okay then. So when do you leave?"

"We leave as soon as we're all packed up and ready," Hermione said with a small grin.

Sienna's head shot up, "We?"

"Yep."

"As in, we are both moving to America?"

"Yep."

Sienna lost the excited expression on her face and suddenly frowned.

"What?" Hermione asked confused. She thought her friend would be happy that she went out of her way to get Father into letting her have a partner.

"Am I going to be your employee?" she asked with an appalled look.

Hermione laughed, "No. Try partner."

Sienna gasped, "So- so I'm running this shit too!"

"Yes, I told him I wouldn't go without you."

"And he agreed?!"

"Yes," Hermione said smiling at Sienna's excitement.

"Oh. My. God. We're moving to America!"

Hermione laughed again, "Yep."

"When do we leave?!"

"I told you," Hermione said, amused at her friend's excitement, "When we're all packed up and ready."

"I can be ready in twenty minutes," Sienna said with determination, starting off for her bedroom.

"Well we have to wait for my lawyer to get the papers ready," Hermione returned, the small amused smile disappearing from her face.

"Oh- so tomorrow then?"

"Tomorrow," Hermione nodded.

Sienna let out and excited breath and dropped herself next to Hermione on the sofa, "This is so exciting. This time tomorrow we'll be living a completely new life!"

"Yep," Hermione said absently, looking more forward to leaving then she thought she could ever be.

"Do I get to meet Father too?" Sienna asked in a hushed voice.

Hermione grinned, "I imagine, since he has to go over our new identities and priorities with us."

Sienna clapped her hands together childishly, "Ooh, what's it like to be in the same room with him?"

"You'll find out soon enough," Hermione said evasively.

Sienna swatted her leg, "Spoil sport."

Hermione giggled and then her and Sienna sat in a comfortable silence, both theorizing how tomorrow would go.

"This is going to be so amazing," Sienna said a few minutes later.

"How can you be so sure?" Hermione asked softly, not ready to admit all of her insecurities on the matter.

"I can just feel it," Sienna replied optimistically. "Think about it- we're two hot powerful women moving to a new country. Los Angeles is going to love us."

"You maybe," Hermione muttered.

"No, us. Hermione, you're going to have sexy men fawning all over you and then, when you're bored with them, you can just kick 'em to the curb and go look for fresh meat!"

Hermione let out a laugh, knowing all to well that was exactly what Sienna liked to do with the men in her life. Truth be told though, Hermione only wanted one man fawning all over her…

But Harry had made his decision, and however much that hurt her, she had to deal with it.

"What do we do if he's home?" Sienna asked as she followed Hermione up the front steps of her lawn.

"Donnie's going around back to see," Hermione replied back quietly. She had been feeling ill that morning, and now being back in front of the house that held so many memories of her and Harry being together wasn't helping.

"And if he is?"

Hermione lifted up the sleeve of her jumper, discretely showing Sienna her wand holster.

Sienna however smirked, "Revenge. I like it."

"No Sienna, if he's there we'll knock him out, get my things, and when he wakes up we'll be gone."

Sienna nodded, "Never to come back?" she asked as they and three other agents climbed onto the porch.

"Never to come back."

...

Harry was currently in the kitchen, nursing another glass of whiskey. He had stayed up all night to wait for Hermione, but she had never came home. Being alone in the big house all night left him time to evaluate his whole relationship with Hermione.

And simply, it came down to one fact:

He loved her.

He still loved his wife and he would take Sirius's advice and do whatever necessary to get her to listen. Even if that meant telling her about magic. He knew at a time like this, revealing that he was a wizard would probably scare her off more but he had to do whatever it took.

His head jerked up as he heard keys rattling in the front door. He quickly ran a hand through his hair while leaving the kitchen and moving out into the front foyer.

He couldn't help the smile that came to his lips as Hermione opened the door and stepped inside.

"'Mione," he started shakily. Now that she was here he was having trouble remembering the speech he had planned out in his mind. As his eyes took her in, he was a little confused to see her emotionless face. He predicted she'd either be furious with him or be crying her eyes out but one look at her and he could tell that she hadn't done any crying at all.

Hermione dropped her purse wordlessly on the ground and walked inside further.

He was about to go to her when he saw Sienna step in followed by three handsome men.

He frowned, "What-" he was starting to talk when he felt something tap him on the top of the head, and then the world went dark.

Hermione watched stiffly as her soon to be ex-husband crumpled to the floor.

"Stupid muggle," sneered the French man named Donnie behind him, his wand stowed by his side. Hermione looked back up to Donnie.

"I need you to take the memory of him leaving the kitchen away and then put a sleeping charm on him. Make it last for a good six hours."

He nodded and levitated Harry back into the kitchen before performing the other charms. Hermione turned back to Sienna and the other men.

"Boys, you can start with my study," she said motioning her head to the left, "Take everything but the furniture and pictures. Sienna, me and you will get started on my room."

"I can't wait to find out where we'll be living in L.A.! I hope it's some huge penthouse with a Jacuzzi!" Sienna gushed as they climbed their way up the stairs. She still hadn't been able to get her mind off the fact that they were both moving to America.

Hermione gave a small smile, "Yeah."

Sienna looked over at Hermione after she gave her unenthusiastic response. She could tell that being back here was getting to her, "Don't let him bother you Hermione. Just like you said, it's better this way."

"Nothing's bothering me," she huffed quickly as they entered her room and walked down the hall to her closet.

Sienna didn't argue with her and followed her into the closet. Hermione already had her wand out, a box conjured and clothes floating into it.

"Will you go get my bath things in the wash room?" she asked Sienna without looking at her.

"Yeah," Sienna replied, knowing that Hermione actually wanted to be alone right now.

Hermione heard Sienna walk out and into the wash room. She looked down at a framed photo of her and Harry, taken when they were in Nice, and quietly slipped it into the box followed by more clothes.

...

"Everything's set Miss Troy," said one of the blokes as Hermione and Sienna entered the foyer with two large boxes floating behind them.

"Good, now take these back to headquarters and then you can go home," Hermione said dismissively.

"It's been good working with you- both of you," Jacques Delacroix said coming forward to shake both the girls' hands.

Hermione and Sienna both offered smiles as they shook the rest of their colleagues hands before they apparated away with the shrunken boxes.

Hermione turned back to Sienna, "You can go too. I just have to leave the papers and then I'm out of here."

Sienna looked like she wanted to protest but nodded and apparated as well.

Hermione sighed and walked into the kitchen were the agent had planted Harry. Since he was drinking before they made it look like he had passed out on the floor with the bottle in his hand. She took a few seconds to look down at Harry and take in his handsome face for the last time.

If anything, she was disappointed in herself that her marriage had failed. Obviously, she wasn't making Harry happy enough- that's why he turned to other women.

She took another deep breath before pulling out the envelope that Father had sent over with one of the agents. He already got a judge to sign off the divorce papers, and if everything went as planned, Hermione wouldn't have to come back for a follow up appointment.

Conjuring a pen out of mid-air, she neatly signed her name next to the line entitled spouse.

With a final deep breath, she took the two rings that adorned her left hand ring finger and set them gently on the counter.

"Goodbye Harry."

...

Hope you liked the chapter! I mean, I know you are all ready to tear me to shreds since their marriage is almost officially over.

And I know you don't want to hear right now that I'm thinking about taking a brief hiatus from this fic. So much is going on that I hadn't initially planned on so I need time to revaluate the plot.

But, of course, I can be swayed into updating on time next week if you all decide to REVIEW!