Unofficial Portkey Archive

Mr. & Mrs. Evans by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Mr. & Mrs. Evans

i found nemo

Disclaimer: Don't own HP or M&MS

Mr. & Mrs. Evans

Chapter 19: Exploited

---

"It's today."

"What?"

Silas Ezekiel let a disturbing smile flicker over his face as his eyes trailed off into the open, "Today's the day I've been waiting for since I was a young boy…"

The other voice scoffed, "Don't be brash Ezekiel. It's much to soon. It'd be wiser if we wait."

"We?" He sneered back, "Tell me, since when do you call the shots?"

"Since I've pulled the resources to create this ambush for that stupid half brother of your's in the first place. You can't be trusted to make these decisions on your own!"

Silas chuckled to himself as he gazed over the throng of guests enjoying their mid morning breakfasts from the balcony above, "Ah Mr. Bordeaux, you couldn't be more wrong."

He dropped the phone from his ear but never took his eyes from the back of Viktor Krum's head.

"Hey, babe wake up," a soft voice floated through Hermione's ears. She felt a large hand rubbing at her hip and two damp lips press against her neck. It felt heavenly, therefore she kept her eyes closed and buried her head further into the comfy pillow.

"Hermione," Harry said this time with a light laugh.

"Hmm?" she grunted childishly.

"I'm sorry to wake you, but I wanted to tell you I was leaving," he said still rubbing his thumb over her hip.

Hermione's eyes opened and looked at Harry kneeling next to the bed, "You're leaving?"

"Yeah, I promised Sirius I'd go with him this morning to meet some executives here about the remodel."

Hermione sat up, shyly grasping the sheets around her naked chest and not looking into his eyes anymore, "Um, okay."

"Will you still be here when I get back?" Harry asked gently, coming up to sit next to her on the bed. He could tell that logical Hermione was regaining her senses and he only hoped that she wouldn't view last night's events as a mistake.

She shook her head, "I don't know."

Harry sighed, "Hermione, we promised to talk," he said firmly.

"I know we did," she replied almost defensively. And she did know they had to. After last night she couldn't deny anymore that she still had the same feelings for him.

Harry gave her a pushy look that made her look away and scratch the back of her head, "Um, do you want to meet at the café downstairs for brunch?"

"Sure, my meeting shouldn't take longer than an hour. I'm only going to tell Sirius that I'm pulling out of the deal."

Hermione frowned and turned to him again, "Why are you doing that?"

Harry shrugged, "It'd be a very time consuming project. And I'd rather be spending all that time with someone more important than business associates," he finished grabbing one of her hands and lacing his fingers through it.

Hermione bit her lip, trying to hide her humbled grin, "You don't have to do this for me, Harry."

He tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear before leaning in to kiss her cheek, "I'm doing this for us."

Hermione blushed, "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," he reassured her without a moment's hesitation. He was sick of letting business get in the way of what he now realised made him truly happy.

Hermione smiled at him, despite what her head was telling her. Yes, everything he was saying sounded lovely, but it was all more complicated then that. She still wanted him, but could she really just give up her solid life and career to go back to a man that she couldn't be certain if their love would last? Would the risk be worth it?

Last night she would have said definitely not, that all she needed to be happy was her work and her friends. But now, after experiencing again the way Harry made her feel- she couldn't be so sure.

Harry smiled back and stood up, "So brunch? Say around 10?"

"Yes. I think I'm going to head out too. I promised Sienna I'd meet with her this morning," Hermione responded distractedly as Harry attempted to tie his black tie hanging around his collar. She stood up with a sweet smirk and began to fix it with the sheets wrapped around her clamped under her arms.

"Alright," he said a bit apprehensively. He couldn't lie and say he wasn't a bit worried that Sienna might try and talk Hermione out of whatever he and her were getting into.

"Are you going to tell her about us?"

Hermione shrugged and continued on with Harry's tie, "Yeah, I think I should. Aren't you going to tell Sirius?"

"Yes," Harry nodded. He grinned as Hermione finished his tie perfectly and smoothed down his blazer, "Thanks."

She returned his grin and they stared at each other for a few moments before Harry leaned in. Hermione didn't shy away from him and instead slid her arms up around his neck and kissed him back with equal force.

When they broke apart they were both in a daze and breathing heavier than normal. "Alright then," Harry broke the silence with a light laugh, "Smell ya later, love." He finished relaying their old joke and chuffing her chin.

Hermione smiled as he turned and started for the door. She had just fallen back on the bed when she remembered something.

"Hey!" she called out to Harry as he reached for the door handle.

"What?"

"Will you tell Sirius that I listened?" she asked him.

He gave her a questioning look, "What are you on about?"

She smiled at the cute look on his face, "Just tell him!"

"Alright, alright! Don't get your bloody knickers in a twist," he said as he opened the door and then turned back with a cheeky grin, "Oh I forgot, you aren't wearing any…"

"Shut up Harry!" Hermione cried with a blush growing on her cheeks.

"See you in an hour, Hermione," he said slyly, giving her one last lopsided smile before closing the door after him.

Once the door was closed Hermione fell back onto the bed and turned on her stomach with her hands folded over her head.

She missed this. She missed waking up every morning to see Harry. She missed the witty banter they had. She missed the looks she caught him giving her when he didn't think she was watching.

Hermione knew that she, nor Harry, could really guarantee that they'd be together forever. But neither could she say for sure that nothing would effect her secure job and lifestyle in L.A.

If she and Harry were to give things a second try, then she wouldn't want anything standing in her way. She wouldn't want a job to cover up who she really was. A big part of their silence when they were married was due to the fact that she couldn't be honest with Harry. He didn't even know who she really was…

But if she did tell him the truth, would he still want her after that?

Or what about when he explains to her why he cheated- could she really handle his honesty?

Hermione groaned as she rolled over. "This is all fucking bullocks," she muttered to herself.

If anything was true, she knew one thing for sure; whether it be her job or her love, she had to sacrifice something.

Harry walked towards the elevator with a smile on his face. He hadn't thought the morning would turn out so well, but was very grateful that it had.

He had woken up early that morning with Hermione in his arms and had just laid there admiring her for what had seemed like hours before he was interrupted by his mobile.

It was a message from Ron saying that the Order was having a meeting in room 208. At first Harry had determined he wouldn't go. How would it look if Hermione had woken up to find Harry missing after everything that had happened the previous night?

But after a few minutes of rational thinking, he decided to go. But not to check if the target was okay or see if the mission had been a complete success, but to tell his godfather something he should have told him the minute he knew he was getting married. He had to clarify to Sirius where his priorities truly lay.

Jude closed the door behind him and walked into the hotel room where the team's night patrol had been stationed at. He spotted Colgan and Matthews at the desk watching over the security feeds with about twenty empty cups of coffee surrounding them.

The door open and closed behind him and Jude turned, hoping to find Hermione. He hadn't heard from her after they parted last night and was getting increasingly worried.

Alas, it was only Jeremy throwing his bellman's cap and vest into the corner.

"Oh, hey Jude…" Jeremy spoke when he seen his friend.

"Hey."

"So, uh… what did you and the boss get up to last night?" he asked, with a suggestive tone in his voice. With Jeremy being Jude's best friend, he knew just what kind of feelings Jude had for their boss.

Jude shook his head, "Absolutely nothing."

Jeremy gave him an apologetic look, "Sorry man. Maybe it's for the best-"

He was cut off by the door opening and closing once more. The two men turned to see Sienna immaculately dressed in a turquoise sundress with matching heels.

Jude frowned, "Hermione's not with you?"

Sienna gave him a put out look, "I was hoping she'd be here with you."

"No, she ditched me at the elevators last night for some contractor guy she said she knew," he returned despondently.

"She left with him?" Sienna asked him in shock.

Jude looked at her in concern. He was praying to god he hadn't let Hermione go off with someone dangerous, "She said she knew him and that she'd be okay."

"Bloody fucking hell…" the blonde muttered through clenched teeth. She had thought Hermione would have ran home and cried herself to sleep last night if she seen Harry. But since she didn't show up at their house and supposedly none of the other agents had seen her, there was only one person she could be with.

"Sienna," Jude asked, trying to keep his anxiety under control, "who was that guy?"

Sienna grabbed at her forehead and dragged her hand down her face before wearily turning back to Jude.

"Tall, toned, has annoyingly untidy black hair?"

"Yes."

"His name's Harry Evans," Sienna told him nodding, "He's a contractor from London."

"Okay- so how do he and Hermione know each other?"

Sienna gave him a solid look, knowing that this was going to be a harsh blow for Jude.

"He's Hermione's ex-husband."

Both Jude and Jeremy's mouths fell open.

"Pardon?" Jude asked.

Sienna only nodded her head, "Yeah."

"You're being serious?" Jude asked again.

"No, I'm making a fucking joke."

Jeremy looked to Jude before glancing back to Sienna with a confused look, "Was that joke?"

"Sanders, go make some tea."

"But-"

"Go," Sienna repeated.

She looked back to Jude who looked like he had been punched in the gut.

"Ex-husband, right?"

Sienna nodded causing Jude to shake his head and frown.

"Well why'd they split up?"

Sienna shrugged thinking of the easiest way to elucidate the situation. She knew Hermione would be uncomfortable with her telling Jude that her husband had cheated all over her, "Her personal life got in the way of her professional one. I guess it's just too hard to live a lie like that."

Jude gapped at her for a few moments. "What's he even doing here?" he finally got out, more calmly then he felt.

"The remodelling committee here must have got in touch with his firm," Sienna replied after a few seconds. That was the only conclusion she could think of to explain this ungodly coincidence.

"Do you think they…" he trailed off quietly, looking to Sienna for answers.

She shook her head, "I don't know, but I do know that Harry never wanted her to leave. And if he got her by herself he probably used every minute to praise his innocence and undying love for her."

Jude nodded to himself, "Do you think she still loves him?"

Sienna sighed and looked forlornly at the man in front of her, "Jude, Hermione's been my best friend since we were eleven. She changed when she met Harry and she changed when she left him."

A few distressing moments passed before he let out a deep breath and glanced back up into her eyes, "I guess I never really had a chance then, huh?"

Sienna smiled and patted his shoulder, "Look, if it helps, I don't want her to love him either."

"I got you that dress."

"No you didn't," Hermione scoffed as she struggled to tug the zipper down her back.

"Yes I did," Harry said placidly, standing from the bed and walking towards her in the closet, "You can't ever get that zipper down by yourself."

His hands worked over hers as he gently pried the zipper free, "So why'd you keep it?"

Hermione closed her eyes and bit her lip. The way his breath was hitting her back sent goose bumps flaming up her spine, "I liked the style. That's all."

Harry smirked internally, knowing that she would have rather said anything than to just admit that she kept it for the sentimental purpose.

Without thinking, he dipped his head and placed a light kiss on her shoulder blade.

Hermione let out a pristine breath as Harry moved his hands up her arms and down her back, pushing the dress off. She turned around to let him get a look at her. He stared at her, and the naked flesh he hadn't seen in so long, while she stared at him observing his expression.

When he finally looked back into her eyes, a moment passed before he pulled her in and kissed her while she started unbuttoning his white shirt.

Hermione felt herself flush as she picked up the dress from the floor. She had just gotten out of the shower and slipped into a light dress robe when she seen it wrinkled on the ground.

The dress already had many memories instilled in it, and now it had last night's to add as well. That was part of the real reason Hermione had kept it.

She folded it gently and put it back in her suit case before taking out a fresh outfit and putting it on. Her stomach was twisting into knots, knowing she'd have to see Sienna soon. Hermione wondered what she would have to say about this. It was no secret that Sienna wanted to hunt Harry down and hang him from his pecker after what happened a year ago, therefore Hermione knew it wouldn't be easy getting her to understand what was going through her head and her muddled feelings for her ex.

She finished getting ready in silence, trying to figure out how to explain her feelings to her best friend and hoping that it wouldn't backfire in her face.

Harry knocked twice on Room 208's door before it opened to reveal his best mate on the other side.

"Well, well, look who it is," Ron said teasingly as Harry walked past him with a smile.

"Good morning Ronniekins," Harry replied.

"Oh Merlin," Ron returned, cocking his head, "Someone's awfully smug for a bloke who was supposed to walk in here with a raging hangover."

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Harry grinned.

Ron opened his mouth to ask about Harry's night when Sirius, Fred, and George walked in from the other room.

"Oh, morning sunshine," Sirius started pleasantly, "I'm glad you could grace us with your presence. And don't worry, I already have a hangover potion ready for you," he motioned over towards the mini-bar in the corner of the room before raising his eyebrows, "You're welcome."

Harry wrinkled his nose and shook his head good-naturedly, "Ah, no thanks Sirius. I feel fine."

Sirius raised another eyebrow suspiciously, "Fine?"

Harry smiled, "Fantastic actually."

"Uh-oh…" his godfather voiced with a frozen expression on his face, "Harry, perhaps you and I should go on the balcony and have a little chit chat, eh?"

Harry let out a laugh at Sirius's funny face and lead the way towards the open balcony. Sirius dropped the stack of papers he was holding on the table before following Harry outside.

Harry watched his godfather close the door and cast a muffliato over it before he cleared his throat and started to talk with a smile planted on his lips.

"Hermione said to tell you she listened, whatever that means."

The look of surprise on Sirius's face quickly turned to one of comprehension. He smirked, "Ah, so that's what this is about."

Harry nodded as he leaned against the rail, waiting for Sirius to go on.

"I knew she would," Sirius told him self-righteously, "Smart girl, that Hermione…"

"Yeah, she is," he agreed easily.

"So are you going to make me beg or are you going to be nice and tell me what the hell happened last night?"

"What do you think happened, Sirius?" Harry asked coyly.

"Well I have a pretty good idea but I can't make up my mind on how it happened. Did you get her drunk or did you tell her you love her?"

Harry shook his head and shrugged, "Neither, really. I told her that I still want her and that I haven't been able to stop thinking about her for a year."

"And that did the trick, did it?"

"More or less. It was a bit more passionate then me simply telling her that."

Sirius raised an eyebrow, "Did she get everything off her chest too?"

"Not everything," Harry answered.

"Right, well I imagine you were a bit too busy to talk about everything," Sirius returned with a wink.

Harry grinned shyly, not being the type of bloke to boast about his sex life, "We're meeting up later to talk about everything we didn't get to last night."

Sirius gave Harry a genuine smile, "I'm glad you got to her Harry. The both of you deserve to be happy."

"Thanks Sirius, but that brings me to my next issue."

"Sit," he told him, dropping down into one of the patio chairs with a sigh.

Harry did as he was told and then looked at Sirius intently, "You know working along side you with these past few years have been a blast. I'm so grateful that you and I got to do this together, but I think… it's just…" Harry paused to regain his bearings. He had come here with a set speech he was going to give to Sirius, but now everything was getting jumbled, "Look, I've been doing some really serious thinking- no pun intended- and I think that… that this might have to be my last mission with the Order," he finished, looking solemnly into his godfather's eyes.

Sirius sat back in his chair, "How'd that conclusion get in your head?"

"I can't have this life as a secret agent and a wife at the same time."

"Where you going with this Harry?" Sirius asked even though he had a pretty good idea.

"I had to do something like you said," Harry revised quickly, "I've already decided that I'm going to tell her about me but I have a feeling she'll make me choose between her and my secret life, which got us into this whole mess in the first place, and I'm going to choose her."

"Well of course you are."

Harry's eyebrows creased at Sirius's response, "Are you angry?"

"No way," he said way too jovially, "I've been looking for an excuse to boot you out for months. You're not that great of an agent anyways…"

Harry rolled his eyes at his sarcasm, "Whatever you say old man, but next time you're counting through all your cash, you remember who made you all that. I don't just sit down and look good, that's for damn sure."

The two men shared a laugh and sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"Harry," Sirius spoke earnestly causing Harry to listen to him attentively, "I've had to live a secret life for almost 15 years now. And one thing I know is that what happiness really comes down to is- you can love your job all you want but who you have to go home to at the end of the night is what really makes the difference."

Harry smiled faintly, "Yeah, I thought so too."

"And so did your father," Sirius said in a lower tone.

Harry turned to him sharply, "Really?"

"Nothing was getting in his way from being with your mum. And it was the right decision because now we have you. I know if they were here today they'd support you 100%- just like I'm going to do."

"Thank you, Sirius."

He reached out and patted the younger man on the shoulder, "I'm very proud of kid. And I'm sure James and Lily are too. Who knows, maybe this time next year we'll have a Harry Jr. to play around with, eh?"

"Yeah, that wouldn't be so bad," Harry decided optimistically, hoping that he and Hermione would be able to make their relationship work.

Sirius grinned at his godson, "Go get your girl, Harry. That's my final order."

Harry was whistling to himself, waiting for the elevator to arrive on the second floor. After a few more moments, it dinged and it's doors slid opened.

"Ginny!" Harry said, "What's going on?"

Ginny raised an eyebrow, a little taken aback by Harry's tone, "Uh, nothing. Just heading for 208..."

"Yeah, I just got out," Harry replied.

"Oh is it over?" Ginny asked downcast. She knew she was late but she had been preoccupied this morning.

"Oh no, I'm just left early. Is your blonde friend with you?" Harry asked about Malfoy, still a bit cross with him.

"No, I thought he'd be here already," Ginny responded with a frown.

Harry shook his head, "He wasn't in the room."

"Are you fucking joking," Ginny asked more to herself and glancing down the hall. She turned back to Harry and explained, "He left before I woke up again."

"Where would he be?"

"I have no idea but I'm starting to get sick of this," she muttered angrily.

Harry looked down to his watch, "Well I have to go, but maybe send Ron or Sirius to look for him? I'll keep an eye out as well."

Ginny nodded, "Thanks Harry."

He smiled and stepped into the lift, poking the button for the ground floor.

Hermione slid her key card into the slot on the handle of her team's operation room. She took one final tentative breath before she opened the door and entered.

All eyes turned to her as she closed the door and stood there glancing around shyly. It seemed as if everyone knew what she had been up to last night and she was doing the 'walk of shame' back to work.

Her eyes found Sienna standing in the corner next to Jeremy who was trying to offer her a cup of tea.

Hermione started for her friend and then turned around glaring at everyone else in the room, "Don't you all have things you need to be doing?"

Quickly, everyone returned to their various tasks and left Hermione to continue towards Sienna and Jeremy. The blonde looked up and caught Hermione's eyes, the look in her own glaring somewhat.

"Si-" she paused when she reached her, trying to think of the lines she had rehearsed that morning, "I'm sorry I didn't come in last night."

Sienna rolled her eyes, "Yeah, you should be. Father's called at least four times this morning wondering where you were."

"I'll call him in a bit, but Sienna can I talk to you for a minute? Alone?" she asked, giving Jeremy a swaying look.

"I'll just go make some more tea," mumbled Jeremy, quickly leaving the two women alone.

Hermione lead Sienna into the master bedroom, ringing her hands together as she went.

Once they were both behind the closed doors of the room, Sienna gave Hermione a probing look, "So how's Harry."

"He's," Hermione looked up to Sienna wondering how she knew but then thinking that was a silly question. Of course Sienna would know…, "He's good. Or at least he's better now."

"Ew," Sienna muttered, not showing any signs that she was just teasing.

Hermione let out an uneasy laugh before looking at Sienna sincerely, "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. You were right though, my identity could have easily been compromised with him there."

"I'm surprised he didn't use the opportunity to make some big scene out of seeing you again," Sienna told her honestly.

Hermione shrugged, "I think he was about to when we were in front of Krum. But then Jude came and we left. He spent the rest of the event drinking and sulking at a booth."

"So you were watching him?" the blonde asked knowingly.

Hermione gave her friend a look, "Don't judge me for being interested after not seeing him for a year."

"I'm not judging you, I just guess I was wrong. I thought you wouldn't give a shit if you seen him ever again. Actually, I think you were pretty set on hating him and never wanting to see him again after all that scumbag's done," Sienna finished, testing the water's with Harry's insult.

"Harry's not a scumbag, Sienna!" Hermione returned immediately, "And I can't keep blaming him for our marriage's failure. I made mistakes too!"

"But where you ever with another man?" Sienna asked calmly.

Hermione felt as if she'd been slapped, "I haven't forgotten about that. And part of me thinks I'm somewhat at fault for not letting him explain himself."

"Hermione, this isn't your fault at all. He deserves to be miserable for what he's done!"

"And he has been! With everything both he and Sirius told me and after what I've seen for myself, a-and after everything else he said to me last night-"

"What if they were all just words?" Sienna asked cutting off Hermione's rant.

Hermione bit her lip, "He's different, I can tell. He-he really wants me back and…"

Sienna closed her eyes, knowing what was about to come, "And what, Hermione?"

"I want him back too," she ended quietly. "The past 12 hours made me feel like I used to, and I can't just be stubborn and ignore that."

Sienna gave her a hard look, "So your taking him back after all you went through to get away from him?"

"I don't really know yet," Hermione answered honestly.

"Do you want to be with him?" Sienna questioned.

"Yeah, I do."

"Don't you think that might be part of the problem? Your judgement is so clouded just because you want him- he could be telling you anything…"

"I like to believe I'm not that much of a bint, thanks," Hermione shot back impatiently, "You more than anyone knows how logical and rational I am."

"So where was all your logic and rationality last night when you and your ex-husband where shagging?"

Hermione gave Sienna a despondent look, "You're not helping."

The smirk fell from Sienna's lips, "How do you know he won't do it again?"

She shrugged after a few seconds, "I don't know that. But we promised to have a real talk, and put everything on the table so… I'm going to tell him. About me. And if he stays and hears me out then I know he really does love me and it'd be worth it. I mean, if I haven't been able to get over him in a year's time do you think I'll ever be able to?"

"He's the first guy you ever loved…" Sienna commented futilely.

Hermione nodded, "I'm pretty sure he'll be the only."

"Look, I know you think you still love him, and maybe you really do," Sienna rectified quickly before Hermione could object, "But I just- Harry better love you just as much. Because if this falls through, it'll tear you apart and… shit, Hermione I won't be able to deal with you being some mopey little workaholic for the rest of our lives!" she finished light-heartedly, wanting to get off the serious topic. There was more she wanted to tell Hermione, but honestly she looked so hopeful that Evans was being genuine and Sienna didn't want to be the bearer of negativity for her best friend, even though that's what she felt.

Hermione laughed, "You're such a selfish cow."

"I know that. And the next time I see Harry, I'm still going to punch him- like right in the ear."

She nodded consentingly, "I won't stop you."

There was a knock on the door that interrupted the two friends. A second later Jude popped his head through the door.

"I'm sorry but I thought you two might like to know that Krum just left for the resort's café with his two guards."

"Thanks Jude," Sienna replied, "I think I'll go grab myself some tea and take a look to see if the girl he picked up last night got back to her room without any interruptions."

As Sienna walked past Jude, Hermione too stood up to face him. She mustered a feeble smile, "Um, Jude-"

"You don't have to explain anything to me. I know our relationship can only be a professional one and I'm truly sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable last night," he finished genuinely, sending her a small smile.

Hermione smiled back, "Thank you. That makes this a lot easier."

Jude began to turn to follow after Sienna before he spun around again, "Hermione, you should hear him out. It's obvious he's still in love with you…"

Hermione look confused for a moment before she furrowed her eyebrows at Jude.

He let out an uneasy laugh before she could begin scolding him, "I wasn't eavesdropping- at least I was trying not to."

"Jude-"

"I just wanted to make sure you were alright. But the truth is that you're amazing Hermione, and you'd be a really hard loss to any guy. If you do take this husband of yours back, make sure he knows that." Hermione gave him a timid smile before as Jude took a deep breath.

"So, I'm gonna start drinking now. I hope it's okay with you because I might not show up until tomorrow morning," he finished teasingly and giving her a hopeful look.

Hermione laughed, "That's fine by me. But maybe on your way to the bar you could stop by the café and make sure Krum's getting on alright?"

"Sure boss," Jude replied, turning again to leave.

"Oh, and Jude!" Hermione called, coming after him, "This is yours."

She pulled out something from her pocket and dropped the diamond ring into his hand, "That'll make some woman really happy someday."

Jude stared at her for a second before shaking himself out of thought, "Thanks. I'm gonna go now."

"Okay," she said, watching him go.

Hermione sighed. She was thankful that Jude had finally realised on his own that they could never be and had bowed out gracefully. The last thing she needed was some match off between Harry and Jude over her.

She turned towards the desk that had Sienna's mobile on it, deciding that she would make her call to Father before leaving to meet with Harry.

Hermione was knocked from her thoughts as Jeremy bumped into her, sending the pot of tea flying all over his shirt.

"Shit!" Jeremy cursed, dropping the pot and immediately fanning out his shirt from the hot liquid.

"Here let me," Hermione told him, grabbing her wand from the inside pocket of her jacket and pointing it at him, "Scourgify."

A thick, purple beam of light illuminated from Hermione's wand and shot at Jeremy's chest, flinging him across the room. Jeremy smashed into the wall and slid down in a heap on the ground.

Quickly, Colgan and Matthews ran up and tried to help him as Hermione stood there, wide eyed, and gaping at what she had just done.

"Hermione what the hell?" called Sienna who was also helping Jeremy.

"I-I-" she stuttered, completely bewildered at the strange surge of power from her wand. She glanced down and her stomach turned.

"What the hell…"

"Hermione?!" Sienna called again, still waiting for an answer.

"This- this isn't my wand!"

---

Sorry you guys didn't get to see what you really wanted to but I promise all the action is in next chapter. And with any luck (and time on my part) it'll be up by tomorrow!

Thank you for the reviews and please keep it up!