Unofficial Portkey Archive

Mr. & Mrs. Evans by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Mr. & Mrs. Evans

i found nemo

Disclaimer: JKR owns; FOX owns.

Mr. & Mrs. Evans

Chapter 4: The Kiss

[An] Remember, Hermione's agency knows her as Hermione Granger. When she goes undercover it's usually Hermione Troy. This is also what Harry thinks her maiden name is. Harry's friends know him as Harry Potter, but Hermione and while undercover to the muggle world he's Harry Evans.

I know it's confusing as hell, but it's important. If there are any questions leave them in a review and I'll get back to you.

"Sienna? Will you hurry your arse up? The guys will be coming soon!" Hermione said in a hurried whisper as she rushed into the ladies loo at the Covington Resort's restaurant called Le Deux. She came in and found her life long friend from Beauxbatons, Sienna Cosveaux perched in front of the mirror, reapplying her lipstick for about the seventh time that night. Spotting Hermione in the corner of the mirror, she stood up and put the lid on her lipstick.

"You know," she started twirling a strand of deep auburn hair in her hand, "These hair colours really don't suit us."

"Tell me about it," Hermione countered, coming up to the mirror to look at herself. She was sporting platinum blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She had cast a charm to pale her skin a bit so her natural olive complexion wasn't present. Also, she was a few inches taller, now that she was wearing high black stilettos and skimpy black cocktail dress that she thought was too revealing but Sienna insisted it showed off her best attributes. The smoky black eye make up was another thing she thought was a bit too over the top, but again Sienna over ruled her. And in the end she begrudgingly agreed. The swankier she looked the sooner the job would start and the sooner she could go home.

Sienna giggled, "I never thought I'd see the day were Hermione Granger turned into a blonde. I wonder what you're dear husband Harry would think of this-"

Hermione instantly turned and clapped a hand over Sienna's mouth. She quickly scanned under the loo stalls and around the rest of the bathroom to see if anyone was in there. Finally letting go of Sienna, she shot her a dangerous glare. Sienna very well knew they weren't supposed to talk about any part of their personal lives while on a mission- on tiny slipped detail falling onto the wrong ears could ruin the whole thing.

"Sorry," Sienna whispered sheepishly, before looking back into the mirror and saying in a huff, "Oh great, I have to do my lipstick again!"

A few minutes later, Hermione had finally had enough and practically drug Sienna out of the bathroom. Quickly scanning the floor of the restaurant, she couldn't see any familiar faces from the photos they had received.

"Reeves, 10 o'clock," Sienna muttered inconspicuously out of the corner of her mouth. Hermione used her peripherals to watch as Reeves, a man with spiked blonde hair and a pointed rat face, shook hands with a few of his colleagues.

Hermione and Sienna made their way up to the bar and were immediately served an apple martini and a glass of scotch because of their hot looks. They turned back around, subtly sipping their drinks, while keeping a close eye on Reeves who was still standing in the same spot and talking with his cohorts.

Reeves and his group of followers suddenly started walking in the bars direction.

"I'll get the best mate on the side you go for Reeves?" Sienna checked as they got closer.

"Yep," Hermione verified, nudging her to signal for them to start walking toward Reeves who was still moving in their direction.

When they were a few steps away from each other Sienna pretended to stumble, sending her apple martini flying all over Reeves mate's trousers.

"Fucking hell!" the man next to Reeves shouted, throwing his arms up as he looked down at the considerable sized stain on his pants.

"Oh my god, I'm sooo sorry," Sienna slurred slightly, quickly grabbing a napkin off the counter and rubbing it on his crouch, "Soo sorry," she said again looking up into his eyes with a small inebriated grin.

The man didn't say anything but didn't push her away, seemingly liking the way this sexy girl was so willingly rubbing his pants.

Hermione took that as her cue to step forward and grab Sienna's arm, "I'm sorry. My friend here's a huge klutz," she paused as she noticed Reeves appreciatively eyeing her up and down, "Plus she's been drinking on an empty stomach."

She grabbed both of Sienna's hands about to start moving away from them when Reeves called out to her. She smiled smugly and turned around slowly, "Yes?"

"Well you say you're friends been drinking on an empty stomach. We're about to eat, why don't you join us? We'd be eating out on the terrace." He finished with a slimy smile that Hermione found hard not to cringe at.

"Out on the terrace?" she asked curiously, mustering an interested look, "Won't we get in trouble for that?"

Reeves smirked again, "No, not since I own this place."

'Great, the bugger's opening up quicker than I thought,' Hermione reflected, sending him a coy smile, "Well then, my name's Michelle. This is Jennifer."

"Pleasure to meet you, Michelle," Reeves said coming forward and bowing while taking her hand and kissing it.

...

"Do you think they're drunk enough?" Sienna asked as they approached a golden fountain in the lobby that Reeves had asked them to wait at while he had a quick word with his chef. They knew it was legit since the vault they were supposed to be breaking into was only accessible down a single elevator shaft off in the corner of the lobby that was different from the main guest elevators.

"Reeves and his best mate David are, that's all that matters. Is Alyssa taking care of the security tapes like we asked her to?" Hermione questioned back, her eyes scanning around the hotel lobby for any suspicious behaviour.

"Yes, she's already replaced the tapes from tonight with the ones from yesterday which just shows a blank vault. And she's tapped into the main electrical unit of the building, so if anything goes wrong you can legilimens her a message and she'll disconnect the circuits leaving everything dark," Sienna finished, referring to the open mind channels that Hermione had discovered through her work in occlumency. It took her about six hard months of research before she discovered that with thinking 'legilimens' and the person who's brain you're trying to reach, you can create an open mind channel that provides a very convenient way of quick communicating without making eye contact.

"Good, let's run through the plan one more time."

Sienna let out a breath, "We get Reeves to open the elevator with his access card then once we're down in the hall of the vault we stupefy them, take the card, get the computer, replace it with a fake, apparate back to the agency, and then collect our pay check."

Hermione smirked at her friend, "Always worried about the pay check, aren't you?"

"Of course, there's a new line of Chanel products coming out next month but with a little bribe money I can get all of it within the next two days. It's a win-win situation."

"Of course," she said, smiling at her friend. She stopped when her eyes fell upon the four men that had been escorting them that night, "Here they come."

"Ladies," Paul said, coming up to Hermione and taking her hand again. "Would you mind if we made a quick stop to the basement before heading up to my private pent house?" He asked, continuing to eye Hermione up. She was sure of what Paul thought he was getting tonight, but he was in for a rude awakening in about five minutes time.

"Not at all," she responded slyly, giving him a mock secretive grin.

"Great then, Tom, if you'll lead the way," he said motioning to the buff guard from earlier. Tom nodded and took off in the direction of the secret elevator.

...

"There he is," Harry muttered, once again shaking the shaggy blonde hair that he had charmed on out of his eyes.

The man hunched over in a wheel chair next to Harry looked up casually, "Who're the girls?" Ron asked under his disguise.

"Dunno, probably some hookers he picked up at dinner," Harry replied, starting to walk forward in the direction Reeves was heading in.

"Looks like they're getting V.I.P. passes down into the vault with Reeves," Ron commented, rolling along besides Harry. "The blonde has a nice arse, I must say."

Harry rolled his eyes at Ron's added comment but couldn't stop himself from also looking down to the blonde's bum. Ron was right, she had a nice arse.

"You remember the plan?" Harry asked with his game face on.

"Yes, mother, I remember the fucking plan. We only went over it twelve times before now..."

Ron got quiet since now they were close behind Reeves and his posse. They stopped and Reeves walked forward to the elevator doors. He took something out from his pocket but Harry couldn't make out what he was doing beyond that.

"Get ready..." Harry whispered out of the corner of his mouth to Ron.

...

"I call this my 'open sesame' pass ladies," Reeves said egotistically, holding out a golden card with the initials CR on the front. Sienna and Hermione passed over a light giggle at his horrible attempt to make them laugh.

He turned back around and slid his card through a little black object hanging on the side of the door. A little light on the side of it turned green and the elevator doors slid open with an elegant 'ding'.

Right as they were all about to take a step into the elevator they heard an ungodly scream.

...

Harry and Ron waited patiently in their disguises a few steps back from the group. Once the elevator doors had slid open, Harry sent Ron a sharp look. Ron rolled the chair forward so he was directly behind the group, looking as if he was going to continue his way down the hall when he suddenly let out a rasped scream and tumbled out of the wheel chair.

Harry noticed Reeves group turn immediately at the sound.

Ron started grabbing at his chest and yelling, "My heart! I can't breath! My 'eart!"

Harry took his cue, "Oh my god! Is anyone a doctor?! Someone help!"

Harry knew that Reeves best mate, David Wright, was in fact a doctor, and sure enough he stepped forward a few seconds later to attend Ron's convulsing body.

...

Hermione and Sienna turned sharply and found themselves looking at a tall, greying old man laying sprawled out on the floor, clutching his chest. He had seemingly just fallen out of his wheel chair since it was turned over on its side next to him. Hermione bit her lip nervously, 'Great this is just what we needed...'

"My heart! I can't breath! My 'eart!" yelled the man painfully. Hermione looked over at Sienna and they shared a worried look. The elevator to the vault was just open and waiting behind them, but now it looked as if their trip would be put on hold.

"Oh my god! Is anyone a doctor?! Someone help!" shouted another voice. A man with shaggy blonde hair was standing to the side of the old man, looking like he didn't want to touch him because he was afraid of hurting him.

David shared the same sort of look with Reeves before walking forward to the man who was now having a seizure on the ground.

"It's alright, I'm a doctor," he said to the blonde bloke while struggling to keep the old man still. "Bloody hell, come help me hold him!" he shouted back to Reeves and the two guards. Hermione and Sienna continued to stand there blindly, not knowing if they should move or take advantage of the open vault. This guy having a heart attack in front of them was really starting to get on Hermione and Sienna's nerves.

The two guards, Reeves, the blonde bloke, and David where now all crowded around the man who was gasping for breath.

"Paul, pull both his hands back!" David shouted as he was trying to keep the mans head still long enough to inspect his eyes. Reeves followed David's instructions, placed the vault card into the front pocket of his suit, and then clasped both his hands around the guys wrists.

...

Harry listened in as David told Reeves to hold Ron's hands down. He excitedly watched as the card he was holding was placed in the breast pocket of his suit before returning his hands to Ron. Harry made to move over next to Reeves.

"Is he going to be okay?" Harry asked in a worried voice as he pulled on Reeves' shoulder with one hand so that his eyes were focused on Harry's charmed brown ones. He then evasively slipped another hand around him and grabbed at the card that was about to fall out.

"I don't know! I'm too drunk for this right now!" Reeves replied in a strained voice before looking back to Ron, not even realising that Harry had just taken something from him.

Once the card was in Harry's hands he triumphantly got up and started for the elevator.

...

Hermione and Sienna were still waiting helplessly by the elevator. They didn't want to move in case it some way jeopardized the mission.

Hermione watched the blonde man move towards Reeves and pull on his shoulder to look at him. Her eyes widened as she caught the blonde man stealthily move his right hand forward and the pull it back with the golden vault card tight in his grip. Hermione nudged Sienna and nodded forward.

"He has the card," she muttered as the blonde man began to stand up.

"Shit." Sienna, not knowing what else to think, moved back into the still open elevator and pulled her wand from her thigh holster.

Hermione's brain was in over drive from thinking of quick actions to take with the least consequential out come. With a wave of her wand all of these idiots could be knocked out cold but Father had been very clear when saying that he wanted no signs of magic open to the public eye. She knew that who ever this blonde guy was, he was the enemy and he was trying to get into Reeves' vault for himself. She quickly started to understand that the man in the wheel chair was a set up. 'Smart muggles.... but not smart enough...'

"Is he going to be okay?" she asked the man in a worried voice, running up to him as he approached and placing both hands on his chest.

"Yeah," the man muttered irritably, pushing past Hermione and headed for the vault that she knew Sienna was covering in.

"Wait!" she called right before the man took the final step into the vault.

He turned around, looking like he was about to tell her off when Hermione ran up to him, placed her hands on his shoulders, and then leaned up to crush her lips against his.

...

HAHA CLIFFY!

AN: I'm sorry for the late update, and the cliffy. No worries though, it won't be that long until I update again. Thank you to everyone who reviewed; seriously I know it's terribly cliché for an author to get all 'they're what keep me going' on you but that's really how I feel. I take my time to write this all for the readers who enjoy it so please, if you are one of those readers-- REVIEW! I'm sick of getting thousands of hits every chapter but only labout ten reviews. I know more than 10 of you like what I'm writing. So all I'm asking is that once you're finished, take ten seconds to right ten or eleven little words telling me how I'm doing. I will never be the type of author that sabotages my readers to get them to review, or in other words I'll never say 'I'll update again when I get this many reviews…'

In conclusion I know you guys hate getting harped about reviewing but with only ten reviews per chapter, it makes me really sit down and wonder if I should continue writing this.

*Also, I could get chapters up a lot quicker if someone offered to become my BETA!*