Unofficial Portkey Archive

Mr. & Mrs. Evans by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Mr. & Mrs. Evans

i found nemo

Disclaimer: Don't own HP or M&MS

Mr. & Mrs. Evans

Chapter 5: BUZZZ

[AN]: Here's chapter five which sums up the rest of the mission and night for Harry and Hermione. There's a bit more conflict but then a nice little (short-lived) treat for you at the end. I hope it stays interesting to you guys- enjoy!

Harry had just gotten the card and was striding towards the elevator with a quick pace.

"Is he going to be okay?" asked a worried voice, as the girl with the nice arse from before ran up to him and put her hands on his chest.

"Yeah," he muttered, annoyingly walking past her toward the elevator.

"Wait!" she called out again.

'Oh, bloody hell, enough with this bimbo...' Harry thought angrily, about to scream at her to fuck off.

He couldn't even blink before the girl ran up to him and gave him a bruising kiss.

...

'ALYSSA! CUT OUT THE LIGHTS NOW!' Hermione screamed in her mind as she continued to kiss the man. Her whole heart and body felt so ashamed of what she was doing. All she could think about was the raven haired man that was her husband. This was the first time she ever had to go to this extent on a mission before. Other than that she had never been unfaithful to him. Never.

Not even a second later the power went down, leaving the whole room black. Hermione's hand discretely moved down the blokes arm before quickly snatching the card out of his hand. She broke the kiss immediately afterward, moving around him and into the elevator.

'I'm in the elevator, let's go!' she sent out to Sienna quickly. With a waver of her wand the elevator's doors slammed shut.

...

It was a good thing Harry was standing in the dark, otherwise people might begin to ask about the completely dumbfounded expression on his face.

'What the hell just happened?' Harry asked himself repeatedly over the shouts of other strained voices.

Not only was it that that blonde girl had stolen the card from him but she had kissed him as well!

The sudden sound of Ron's emergency apparation jerked him from his thoughts. Clearing his head of all rampant thoughts and figuring there wasn't much else he could do here, he too apparated to their safe meeting point.

"What the hell was that?" Ron asked, already morphing back into his original appearance.

"We weren't the only ones that were looking to get into the vault Ron..." he said, still in a bit of a daze. This was the first failed mission for Harry, and yet he couldn't help but be worried more about the kiss that girl gave him. His jumbled mind immediately turned to Hermione and he was suddenly stricken with an immense sense of guilt.

"Hello, Harry!" Ron yelled waving his hand in front of his face.

"Huh?"

"I asked who else would be after the card?"

"Those two girls... I don't know who they were but they weren't innocent by any standards. The blonde one grabbed the card from my hand and that's when all the lights went out."

"Fuck!" Ron shouted, kicking an abandoned rubbish bin that was in the alley they'd apparated to.

"Look, let's calm down and get back to Sirius and Malfoy. We'll try and explain then..."

...

"Did you get it?" Sienna asked hastily as she lit up the compartment with a lumos.

"Yes," she breathlessly, wasting no time in swiping the card through the little black object on the inside of the elevator.

The little light turned green once more and at once the elevator started off, quickly descending the shaft.

"Who the bloody hell do you think that guy was? Do you think he was a muggle?"

"He had to be," Hermione answered with a slight shake of her head, "He seemed too naive to be a wizard. Probably just some enemy of Reeves trying to steal money from his vault."

Sienna nodded, "Who cares though? At least we got the card and we won't be leaving here empty handed tonight."

Hermione wanted to smile triumphantly but she felt terrible for doing what she did with that bloke. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and waited for the elevator to stop moving and the doors to open before walking briskly out of it and approaching the thick titanium door.

"There it is again," Sienna commented, pointing toward the little black box again. Hermione swiped the card, and the light turned green. She shared a look with Sienna before pulling the heavy door open. When they stepped inside the room, all they could see were rows of steel filing cabinets lining the walls.

Sienna lay her wand in the palm of her hand, "Point me."

Her wand spun around a full circle before landing on a cabinet right to her left. Hermione walked forward and opened it, surprised that there were no further locks on it.

"There it is," Sienna said in achievement. Hermione let herself smile as she pulled out the white lap top that her agency had been looking for. This computer held all of contacts of Anthony Ribone, a figure head in the muggle black market, and a man who also happened to be Paul Reeves' uncle.

"Jack pot," Sienna said again with a wide grin. "Do you know what this means, Hermione?" she asked in an excited whisper.

Hermione nodded, "That we now know the secrets to hundreds of impromptu muggle con artist around all of Western Europe. They're going to be so easy to track down if we ever need to find them..."

"Yeah, but this also means that we are going to get so fucking rewarded for this! I mean, Father should buy us an island for doing this for him!" she finished smiling and clapping her hands together in triumph.

Hermione smiled back, "Alright get the replica."

"Oh yeah." Sienna started searching through out her small hand bag that she had been carrying around all evening. She finally pulled out what looked to be a miniature white box. Tapping it with her wand, the box reformed to its full shape as a lap top computer.

"It's nice to know we're not stealing... we're just sort of trading," Sienna said lightly, shrinking the lap top in Hermione's hands, putting an unbreakable charm on it, and putting it in the safety of her hand bag.

Hermione smirked, "Would you honestly care either way?"

Sienna looked up at her as if she was extremely offended. Hermione matched her look with a challenging smile. Sienna finally relented, "You're right, I don't give a shite either way. Excuse me for trying to be a little moral."

Hermione smiled. Sienna and Hermione may have been the two most opposite people on earth, but that didn't stop Hermione from appreciating Sienna's honesty that she was a selfish twit. "So everything's set?"

"Yep, we're good to go."

"Alrig- oh bloody hell," Hermione muttered looking at the silver wrist watch that Harry had gotten her for last Christmas.

"What?"

"The Finkle's. Harry and I promised them tonight..." Hermione looked back up into her best friend's eyes pleadingly.

Sienna sighed and groaned out, "Fine, go. I'll take care of your paper work tonight, but you owe me!"

Hermione smiled and kissed her on the cheek, "Thanks Si. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, yeah- go home to your bloody husband."

Hermione was about to apparate when Sienna called her name.

"What?"

"You might want to change back... I don't know if Harry will react well to some blonde bimbo walking through his house acting like she owns it..."

"Oh right," Hermione said sheepishly. She tapped her wand against her head and muttered the counter charm. Once she was back to her original self and in the same clothes she left with, she gave her friend one last smile before apparating.

She appeared a short second later in the parking lot of a neighbourhood park. Peeking around, to make sure no one had seen her, she climbed back into her car gracefully, and then sped off to her home that was only a couple minutes away.

...

"Sirius, for the last time, I'm sorry. But there was nothing else we could do without resorting to magic, and you said that was prohibited!"

Sirius stopped pacing in the kitchen of Grimmauld Place and looked at his tired godson. He sighed, "I know Harry... I'm sorry. I just thought we had this one! I thought it'd be easy as hell! I want to know who the bloody hell else was in on this deal!"

"As do I..." Harry trailed off, laying his head in his hands.

"What if SOCA did it? What if they set us up?" Draco asked with his arms folded across his chest.

Sirius shook his head, "That doesn't make any sense though... why would they send two different groups in on the same op?"

Draco just shrugged and lowered his gaze to the ground.

"You've been pretty intent on someone setting us up lately, Draco." Ron commented from the kitchen table, behind a plate of a half eaten turkey sandwich.

"What are you talking about?" Draco asked irritably.

Ron shrugged, "I'm just saying, that seems to be your fall back for a lot of things lately."

"He's just paranoid," Harry defended him, "Everybody goes through it in the type of business we're in."

Sirius sighed again, "Speaking of SOCA we're going to have to have a meeting with them tonight about what happened-"

"Oh shit!" Harry exclaimed, looking at his watch.

"What?" Ron asked, his mouth full of food.

Harry looked up at Sirius, "The Finkle's..."

Sirius nodded, "Go, we'll take care of it. Send Hermione my love..."

"See you guys later," he said hurriedly before apparating away to a dark corner of his shed. Creaking the door open slightly to see if anyone was around, he left the shed in a hurry, quickly running up the path of the side garden and onto the back porch of his house.

He opened the back door cautiously as he walked in, taking off his coat and throwing it carelessly at the coat rack. He walked to the stair case and rushed up them to get to his room quickly. As soon as he entered it, he started pulling his shirt off.

"Oh, I didn't think you were home! I was just about to ring you," said a voice coming from the closet. Hermione emerged in a simple light pink dress that looked great with her figure. Harry quickly had to clear the guilty feeling of another woman's lips pressed against his as Hermione continued to approach him.

"Are you feeling any better?" she asked with a concerned voice when he didn't make any movement to respond to her.

"Err, yeah, I, um... I was in the shed having a chat with Sirius... over the phone..." he said continuing to look at her body.

"Oh and how is he?" she smiled genuinely at the mention of him. Sirius insisted that she refer to him as her father-in-law since he had been the closest thing to a father Harry had.

"Doing well. The market is being good to him. He sends his love," he finished giving her a soft smile.

"You should invite him over for dinner one of these nights. And you better get ready, we have to go in about five minutes," she said walking past him to go out into the hallway, with Harry starring after her.

...

"So we'll stay for ten minutes?" Harry asked hopefully as he and Hermione walked out of their house to the Finkle's, carrying a bottle of champagne.

"Forty, Harry."

"Fifteen?"

"At least a half hour, we haven't been to one of these things in two months. We have to at least be polite," she reprimanded again.

"Fine," Harry said grudgingly. "So how's Sienna?"

Hermione nodded, "Better. I took her out for a drink and already blokes are asking her out. She has a dinner date tomorrow."

"That girl will never settle down," Harry said amusedly.

"She'll never settle down with just one bloke," Hermione corrected with a smile, "What about Sirius. How's he doing?"

"You know Sirius, still slaying his way through women as if he were 21 again," he smiled over at Hermione who had her eyebrows raised at him with a smile playing on her lips.

"What?" he asked as they walked up the stairs of the Finkle's home.

"Your tie's on wrong," she laughed as she moved over to re-tie it.

"Hell, I can never get this one right..."

"But you still wear it," commented Hermione with a grin.

"It's my favourite. It accentuates my neck," he said playfully.

Hermione laughed and looked up as she finished tying it. She stopped and her smile drooped a little. "What's that on your face?"

"What?" Harry asked putting a hand on his cheek.

Hermione paused and blinked a few times before she spoke again, "Is that lip gloss?"

'Oh shit...' Harry could feel his heart drop. He hadn't even thought about that girl leaving a mark on him, he was just too dazed by it to think clearly. The look on Hermione's face didn't help matters either. Right now he wanted to burry himself six feet under.

"What are you talking about?"

Hermione pointed to the corner of his mouth.

Harry touched it with his hand, "Oh... no. My- my lips were chapped so I used some of your lip balm stuff..." 'What the hell kind of excuse is that, Potter?!'

Hermione stared at him for a few more seconds, obviously not believing what he had just said. Usually she wouldn't hesitate to call him out on a lie, but right now she just felt numb.

She nodded shortly and turned back around to face the Finkle's door.

"Hermione, I swear-"

"Welcome neighbours!" shouted Bob and Debbie Finkle as they opened the door before Hermione could even knock.

Harry and Hermione both flinched at the sudden greeting before quickly recovering, "Hey Bob. Debbie," Harry nodded at them both with a faux smile as Hermione exchanged pleasantries with Debbie.

"What a wonderful party," Hermione said forcefully, looking around the house full of more middle aged people, all conversing and laughing.

"Why thank you! Bob wanted to put the refreshment table in the living room but I..." Harry gave his wife a forlonging look as Debbie dragged her off deeper into the house, no doubt headed for the sitting room were all the women were.

"Come on Harry, let's go see the boys!" Bob said, throwing an arm around him.

...

"Hermione, can I get you a drink?" Debbie asked as she sat Hermione down between two older women who Hermione recognized as neighbours from down the street.

"Scotch?" she asked hopefully. She was by far in no mood to hearthese women give repeated stories about breast feeding and birth and how to 'spice up' their sex lives with their balding husbands. She didn't need them to make her feel uncomfortable and make her realise over and over again that she's not the maternal sort. So to hear these stories at least while she was a bit pissed would take the edge away.

Might even take away the memory of seeing a little glimmer of lip gloss in the corner of Harry's mouth as well…

She couldn't believe that Harry would just go carelessly cheat on her with another woman. Harry wasn't that type of bloke.

At least she thought he wasn't. It's very possible that Hermione didn't even know the real Harry anymore... after all they had been distant for longer than just a few months and their sex lives weren't that great. Pretty much nonexistent really... It wasn't their fault though, they just never had any time.

'No... Harry wouldn't do that to me... he loves me and I love him despite how we've acted lately...'

'Really, Hermione? You love him enough to kiss another bloke just an hour ago?'

'No, that was for work! I would never be unfaithful to Harry. That was for the sake of the mission!'

'Maybe he feels the same way... for the sake of his sanity he has to go out and be with other women...'

'Shut it, this was the first time I've seen lip gloss on him. And he even said that he put my lip balm on himself!'

'Yeah... he's a horrible liar, isn't he?'

'Fuck off!'

"Hermione, darling?" Debbie asked, holding her cup of scotch up to her face.

"Oh, thank you," she said, snapping out of her internal feud.

"Well, who's up for baby stories?" started the woman next to Hermione, "I tried to wing Jacob off my breast a few weeks ago and he's still constantly grabbing at me! I mean I can't go out in public without him pawing at me, wanting more milk!"

Hermione sank back into the uncomfortable sofa with a sad look on her face as the woman around her started to break out into giggle fits.

...

"So Evans, that unsuspecting turn in the market must've really taken a stride on your company, eh?" asked an annoying, balding man by the name of Pete Winkski. Pete really just didn't know how to shut up and take the hint that Harry didn't want to talk to him.

But of course, Pete didn't hinder. He insisted on making incompetent jabs about Harry and his life, "Why would you say that, Pete?" He really wasn't interested in whatever he had to say. His mind was a little preoccupied with his wife and what she must be thinking of him right now. He knew she was too brainy to believe Harry's idiotic excuse, plus she knew Harry well enough to know that he would never use a feminine product like that. 'Idiot Harry, idiot...'

"-with the beating that all contracting companies are making this quarter. I'm just saying that with the property values going up, no one can afford to by land to build on anymore!"

Harry wished Pete would stop talking to him like he was better than him. Harry smirked, deciding not to let the opportunity past, "Actually Pete, my firm just landed two 1.5 million pound lots that should be under construction in about six months."

The men looked at Harry as he took a sip from his water, "With what money?" asked Perry, the man across from him, in shock.

"Oh, you know money, grows on trees with the recent unsuspecting turn in the market," Harry finished off, sending a smug grin to Pete standing sheepishly in the corner.

"You have to be investing in something..." John trailed off from next to him.

Harry shrugged, "A little bit of this and that."

Bob laughed and clapped Harry on the shoulder, "That's my mate Harry! Right sly bastard, he is!"

"Right," Harry muttered, taking another drink.

He starting glancing around the rest of the house, wondering where Hermione was at that moment.

...

"What are you looking at?" Hermione muttered at a 18 month old baby, perched on a girls lap who was sitting on the arm rest next to Hermione. The baby gurgled some bubbles and as an answer Hermione finished off the last of her third cup of scotch.

"Oh, she likes you!" said a smiling Debbie who must have seen the baby cooing at Hermione. "When do you think you and Harry will get around to having children?"

"Um, we haven't really talked about it-"

"Well why not? You've been married for like 5 years-" said the woman with the baby.

"Six." she finished sending an indignant glare her.

"Well don't you think you two are ready for some commitment?" she asked again in a practical sneer.

'Why is this whiny skank trying to tell me what to do?' Hermione wondered to herself with a hint of bitterness. "We had a cat for three years." she finished, standing up in a huff and heading towards the bar.

She poured herself another scotch, albeit a small one, and promised herself after this one she would go home and get in bed.

...

Harry spotted Hermione from across rooms. She walked up to the bar and poured herself a glass of scotch and took a sip immediately. Harry sighed. He hoped she wasn't drinking because of what had happened earlier.

"Well boys, it's been good talking with you. I've got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow so I'm going to head on home."

"Alright Harry, hey maybe we can get together for a barbeque this weekend, eh? That'd be fun! Or we could break away from the wives and go hit a few golf balls-"

"Hermione and I are remodelling this weekend. Maybe another time Bob," he said as he threw his water bottle in a nearby rubbish bin, shook hands with the remaining group and then started off across the hall for his wife.

"Oh, anytime Harry. You can call anytime!" Bob finished with an excited smile.

Harry swallowed hard as he approached Hermione. Deciding to keep it simple he touched the small of her back, "Are you about ready to get home?"

Hermione didn't look at him but nodded and set her glass down. Gathering up her purse in one hand, she turned to send a polite smile at Debbie who waved in return.

As they were walking across the lawn of the Finkle's, Harry chose to test the waters a bit, and was pleasantly surprised when Hermione allowed him to hold her hand.

It was short lived though, as soon as they were in the front door Hermione had shrugged her light jacket off and threw it at the coat rack. She immediately started for the stairs with Harry sighing in her wake and then following her like a lost puppy.

"I liked your dress tonight," Harry tried shyly as he stood in their closet pulling off his shirt, trying to get ready for bed, "That colour suits you well." He looked back to Hermione who had stopped buttoning up the top to her pyjamas.

"Thanks," she said timidly.

"Hermione," he tried again as they both went into their connected bedroom and pulled back the comforter of their bed, "about earlier-"

"I don't want to talk about it."

Harry watched dismayed as Hermione got into bed and lay so that she was on the edge of the bed and her back was facing him.

"Okay," he consented also getting into bed, "I just wanted you to know that I would never do that to you."

He could see Hermione nod briefly against her pillow. He swallowed again, deciding to go out on a limb. He scooted forward and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her into him.

"And whether you believe me or not, its true."

"I believe you," Hermione breathed out a few moments later.

"Then why won't you look at me?"

Hermione shrugged but didn't make an effort to move. Harry gingerly tugged on her shoulder to get her to roll over to face him.

When her eyes still didn't meet his he hooked a finger under her chin and lifted it up.

"I love you," he whispered, centimetres away from her lips.

Hermione nodded as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "I believe you."

Harry leant forward and sealed their words with a lingering kiss. When Hermione didn't pull away he took the opportunity to gently pry her mouth open with his tongue. Hermione accepted him just as tenderly and didn't object when Harry started to move on top of her.

Hermione was starting to boldly run her hands underneath Harry's night shirt when an annoying sound vibrated on Harry's bedside table.

Harry groaned and looked over to his phone. He knew he was required to answer his work phone whenever someone called- but he couldn't help but want to tear the phone to shreds right now.

"Ignore it," Hermione said breathlessly, grabbing his chin and redirecting his lips to hers. The phone continued to buzz but the two effectively ignored it as they kissed and groped at each other.

Finally, by the time Harry had unbuttoned Hermione's night shirt and started untying her bottoms it stopped. Hermione moaned loudly as Harry's mouth trailed down her chest and stopped at her knickers where he devilishly looked up at her with a smug smile.

"Don't you dare tease me, Harry James Evans," she scolded giving him a firm glare.

"Whatever you say love," he took her knickers off in one swipe and then spared himself of his own clothes. He climbed back up Hermione's body and kissed her deeply. She could feel his growing erection harden against her stomach and it about drover her over the edge. It had been so long...

"Harry," she panted as they broke apart.

"Ready?"

"Yea-"

BUZZZ

Harry groaned in aggravation as Hermione turned her head to find her own mobile vibrating on her bedside table.

"Forget about it, Mione," Harry tried, starting to kiss her neck but Hermione's eyes were still glued on the lighted and vibrating object.

"Umm-"

BUZZZ

Harry couldn't believe his luck. About two seconds ago he was about to make sweet, passionate love to his wife (which hadn't happened in quite some time) and their bloody mobile phones were ringing off the hook. He looked back to his own phone and couldn't help but feel a twinge a curiosity even in his current situation.

Whoever was calling him must be from the Order and if they're continuing to call then it must be important...

"Um, let's just...-" Hermione sounded uncomfortably, pushing Harry off her gently so she could grab her phone. Harry knew she was going to answer it so he moved over to his table and grabbed his as well.

Looking at the phone, Harry could see that it was Sirius ringing. Harry spared a glance over to Hermione who had already answered her phone.

He sighed and flipped the phone open, bringing to his ear, "Hello?"

"Harry, I've been trying to reach you..."

"Yeah well, its night time Sirius and its usually the time where you and your wife..." he trailed off with an annoyed voice knowing Sirius would understand.

"Oh... sorry Harry, but this is important."

...

"I know Hermione, and I'm sorry but you know I wouldn't have interrupted unless it was important..." apologized Sienna over the phone.

Hermione sighed, "Alright, well what is it? Is everything okay?"

"Not exactly, Father wants to see us at headquarters tomorrow. He's not releasing any more information to us than that, so it makes me think it had something to do with tonight."

"You got... it... back right?" Hermione asked hesitantly, covering up so Harry wouldn't hear anything he wasn't supposed to.

"Yes! Everything went perfectly, I even did your paperwork!" she defended herself quickly, not wanting Hermione to think that she couldn't take care of something important.

"I know Si, I trust you did everything fine. Um, so should I come there tomorrow?"

"Yeah, apparate over to the London penthouse tomorrow morning. Father's having someone set up a portkey for you that leaves at 4:30 in the morning-"

"Oh, lovely," Hermione commented dryly, thinking of what she now wouldn't get to do with Harry.

"Yeah, and pack a bag because you might not be home for a few days," Sienna finished off. The two girls quickly said their goodbyes and Hermione lay her phone back on the night stand.

She hadn't realised that Harry had left the room so she was a bit surprised when she seen him walk in a few minutes later wearing his boxers and holding his mobile by his side.

"Sorry..." Harry muttered as he set his phone down and climbed back into bed.

"Um... no it's fine," Hermione lied, flipping the lamp light off again.

"So," Harry started, sitting up to look over her.

"I, um, I have an early flight tomorrow," Hermione spoke with a bated breath.

Harry shoulder's dropped, "To France?"

"Yep."

"What for?"

Hermione thought quickly, "The French editors wanted to have a meeting with me about re-imaging the magazine." she said quickly, referring to the magazine company Harry thought she was the editor-in-chief of.

"Oh... will you be gone long?"

"Probably a few days, it really depends if they give me trouble about it- which they better not."

Harry smirked, "Don't go firing anyone who just pisses you off, Hermione. Remember, they might have a poor family to feed." He knew all about his wife's feisty temper, having been on the receiving end of it quite a few times.

Hermione smiled back at him, "I'll keep that in mind."

Harry's smile slowly slipped from his face as he lay down and moved closer to her face, "So..."

"Um, Harry my plane leaves at 4:30 tomorrow. I have to get up really early to pack and it's already 11:45..."

Harry sighed and rolled over on his back so Hermione wouldn't see his downcast expression, "Okay."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, let's just... go to sleep I guess."

"Night Harry," Hermione whispered, hoping that he wouldn't be bitter over this in the morning.

"Good night."

...

Sorry for the late update. To amend my apologies I didn't give you a cliffy like I had planned and it's much MUCH longer. That also has to do with the unbelievably AMAZING REVIEWS I got for last chapter! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so bloody much. Honestly, I didn't think I would get that much of a response from you but I'm so appreciative of everyone of them.

So maybe if you keep giving me nearly 30 reviews per update I can keep up with these thirteen pages for each chapter.

Muwahaha- blackmail!

Also, I wanted to let you guys know that it is kind of confusing to remember everything that revolves around the characters so in upcoming chapters (like if I get last names wrong, blah blah blah) just let me know that I'm an idiot and I'll fix it.

If you have any questions- by all means, leave a review and I'll answer!