Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising

witowsmp

As usual, we don't own Harry Potter, the excellent JK Rowling does. The only thing we do own is the plot, Heinzl and his followers.

Harry Potter and the Muggle-Born Uprising

Chapter Eleven

Point of No Return

Dumbledore was informed of the deaths of Dean and Lavender by the portraits who rushed to his office as soon as they saw it. They also reported to the Headmaster who had cast the spells.

The Headmaster went to his fireplace and called Emiliana Deluca, the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and asked for a squad of Aurors to be sent to Hogwarts at once to arrest Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson for murder.

-

Meanwhile, most of the students had heard via the ghosts what had happened and were watching as the bodies of Dean and Lavender were taken away.

"They've gone too far this time!" one Muggle-born student shouted.

"Who have?" Harry asked.

"Malfoy and Parkinson! Nearly Headless Nick told me that the portraits told him they witnessed Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson use the AK curse on Dean and Lavender."

"If that is true, then they will be punished to the full extent of the law," Harry told the student.

-

Madam Deluca sent the Aurors as promised. Sirius led them to the Slytherin Common Room where Draco and Pansy were telling some of the students what they had done.

"Draco Malfoy. Pansy Parkinson. You two are under arrest for murder," one of the Aurors said.

Draco took one look at Pansy then looked at the Aurors. "Imperius Curse!" he shouted.

"So am I." one of the Aurors said, "Crucio." He continued, waving his hand. Of course, nothing happened.

"Don't give us that crap, Mr. Malfoy. There were witnesses to the crimes and they tell us that you were NOT under the Imperius Curse," Sirius said. Malfoy looked stunned. He then realised that he was being stupid in trying to claim to be under the influence of the Imperius Curse, despite that fact that after the war with Voldemort, his father claimed to be under the curse and was believed, although he knew it was because money had changed hands.

"Accio Wands," the second Auror said, pointing her wand at the two Slytherins. Their wands went flying over to them, including their spare wands, which they kept on their person. They were then taken away.

-

Discontent was flying among the Muggle-born students. That night, a student called Gary Mason called a meeting of all the Muggle-borns.

"The time has come for something to be done! Those pureblood bigots have been trying to get us Muggle-borns out of Hogwarts for years and today, they have finally gone too far!" Mason said.

"Death to the purebloods!" another student shouted. There were many cheers of support for that idea from the others.

"We mustn't stoop to their level, my friends," replied Mason, "If we kill them, we turn into them! We must present an ultimatum to Dumbledore. Either Malfoy and Parkinson are punished to the full extent of the law for what they've done, or we Muggle-borns will withdraw ourselves from Hogwarts and find another school!"

-

Harry was running to find Hermione. He found her coming out of a bathroom.

"Hermione, I've just been told by Colin Creevey that Muggle-borns are holding a meeting in a classroom on the fifth floor!"

"I know about it. I was invited to attend. They want to do something about Malfoy and Parkinson," she replied.

-

The Muggle-born meeting was adjourned with the agreement that Gary Mason would present their ultimatum to Dumbledore during breakfast the following day. It was decided to do it then because there would be witnesses from the various members of staff along with the rest of the students.

-

But they were unable to present their ultimatum. Dumbledore was not in the Great Hall for breakfast the following morning. He was at the Ministry of Magic.

The Wizengamot was in session the next morning. Amelia Bones and Emiliana Deluca had decided to hold their trial as soon as possible. Draco and Pansy were dragged in and put into chairs with what looked like manacles on them. The duo was chained to the chairs. Lucius Malfoy, allowed to attend the trial, stood near them, ready to act as their solicitor.

"This is a trial into the actions of Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson. The charges are murder and use of Unforgivable Curses. Interrogators, Amelia Susan Bones, Minister of Magic, Emiliana Victoria Deluca, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Head of the Wizargamond. Court Scribe, Victoria Anne Leaver. How to the defendants plead?" Madam Bones said.

"Not guilty," Lucius said.

"The facts of the case are: Mr. Draco Malfoy and Miss Pansy Parkinson, accompanied by several Slytherins, surrounded Gryffindor students Dean Thomas and Lavender Brown, both Muggle-borns, and after trying to provoke them into violence, proceeded to murder them by means of Avada Kedavra. When apprehended by the Aurors, Mr. Malfoy claimed bewitchment under the Imperius Curse."

Lucius Malfoy stepped forward. "As I understand it, the only witnesses to these alleged events were Hogwarts portraits. As they are unable to attend these proceedings, I move that the charges be dismissed."

Dumbledore stood up. "There are physical human witnesses. For their own safety, their identities have been kept secret until these proceedings."

"Very well. Bring them in, Miss Leaver." Madam Bones said. The scribe left the court room and brought in two young girls.

"Please state your names for the record," Madam Bones said.

"Annabelle Elizabeth Louise Furlong," the first girl said.

"Arwen Hermione Furlong," the second girl said.

"I object, Your Honour," Lucius Malfoy said. "I have it on good authority that these two girls are Muggle-borns and so have no business testifying against purebloods in a court of law."

"As it happens, Madam Bones, the Furlong sisters are purebloods. They have spent all their lives in Milian, Italy and they attended the Milan Scuola di witchcraft until they began at Hogwarts this term. Their parents, Patrick and Amy Furlong, are prominent purebloods in their home and have had no criminal activity on their record. The record states that Annabeth Furlong was in line to be Prefect if she and her sisters weren't transferred to Hogwarts," Dumbledore said.

"Objection overruled, Mr. Malfoy." Madam Bones said. She then turned to the sisters. "Please tell the court what you saw."

"I then request the use of Veritaserum on them then to verify the truth behind the statements then," Lucius said.

"Do you have any objections?" Madam Bones asked. Annabeth said no. She was given the Veritaserum, and then Madam Bones asked her what she saw.

Annabeth stood up. "Myself and my sister Arwen were walking to the library when we saw Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson corner Dean Thomas and Lavender Brown along with other Slytherins. After a heated discussion, Malfoy and Parkinson used the killing curse on them. Malfoy was clearly heard to say that if the incident came back to them, they would claim to have been put under the Imperious Curse. Our school taught us how to recognise the effects of the Imperious Curse, and I could tell that no one was under the curse. After we were sure the coast was clear, we ran to Headmaster Dumbledore's office to report what we saw."

"Any questions, Mr. Malfoy?"

"Yes, your Honour. Why did your parents move to England and transfer you to Hogwarts?" he asked.

"My father worked for the Italian branch of Gringotts and following a promotion, was transferred to the England branch, where he was named the main human managers of the accounts of Sirius Black and Harry Potter."

"No further questions," Malfoy said. Annabeth was given the antidote. Arwen was not given the potion.

Auror Shacklebolt, the arresting Auror was called next.

"I understand that when my son claimed he was under the Imperius Curse, Auror Shacklebolt made a sarcastic remark that he was also under the curse and cast the Cruciatus Curse on him," Lucius said.

"Is this true?" Madam Bones asked.

"It is not true. I did make a sarcastic remark because the evidence revealed that he was NOT under the Imperius curse and I only waved my hand when I said Crucio and as Albus Dumbledore, Sirius Black and Draco Malfoy can verify, nothing happened."

-

Marge Dursley had been called back to the police station to hear an update on the investigation into her brother's murder.

"Okay Miss Dursley, we found the murder weapon. Care to explain why YOUR fingerprints are on it? Care to explain why Vernon Dursley's neighbours saw YOU leaving his home carrying the knife and with blood spattered clothes?"

Marge had nothing to say. She continued to have nothing to say as she was arrested not only for Vernon's murder, bur also Petunia and Dudley's. In his invisible form, Heinzl smiled to himself. He would kill her himself, but he had more important things to do.

-

"We have deliberated," Madam Bones said. "Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson, you have both been found guilty of murder and use of an unforgivable curse." They were emotionless as the verdict was read.

"Normally, use of Unforgivables would result in a life term in Azkaban but in light of your ages, you are both sentenced to twenty years. Lucius Malfoy, since your son's arranged marriage will not be happening anytime soon, along with the fact that Miss Parkinson's parents are both dead, I am ordering your return to Azkaban where you will serve the rest of your life sentence."

Draco, Lucius and Pansy were all outraged at this news. The Aurors took hold of them and dragged them away to Azkaban, where Lucius was put back in the cell he had inhabited for the previous year and the two teenagers were put in cells next to him.

-

Dumbledore was back at Hogwarts by the evening meal. When the students saw him, Gary Mason stood up. Dumbledore also stood up.

"It has come to my attention that several students wish to address me over the situation involving the murders of Dean Thomas and Lavender Brown. Today, Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson stood trial at the Wizengamot charged with their murders. They were found guilty and sentenced to twenty years."

There were roars of approval among the Muggle-borns when Dumbledore made the announcement. He then made an announcement that at the weekend, there would be a memorial service to Dean and Lavender. Their families were holding private funeral services, although Seamus Finnigan and Parvati Patil (the duo's best friends) were invited to attend.

Then the light in the room started to flicker. As people looked around, the air began to shimmer. Heinzl appeared in the Great Hall. He then used his magic to make him taller. Students got up and began to run to the doors. Heinzl waved his hand and the doors closed. Clicking could be heard as they were locked. People looked carefully at him and saw the Sorting Hat in his other hand.

"Greetings, students of Hogwarts," he said, "It has been awhile since I saw students enjoying themselves here. Muggle-borns, listen to me. The time has come to purge the Wizarding world of the pureblood bigots - the Bloodheads! I ask you to swear allegiance to me. Join me and save yourselves from the Bloodheads!"

-

Please review. Thank you to those who have.

-->