Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising

witowsmp

As usual, we don't own Harry Potter, the excellent JK Rowling does. The only thing we do own is the plot, Heinzl and his followers.

Chapter Twenty-Five

The End

Lucius Malfoy looked as a killing curse struck down his son. He aimed his wand at the killer and cast the curse himself. As it fired towards its target, it slowed down. Just before it hit, it stopped completely. Everyone stopped moving, they were all frozen into place.

-

Harry and Hermione appeared in a big white void. A face could be seen engulfing the void. It was a beautiful female face with long eyelashes.

"I am Kronos," she said.

"I've heard of you," Hermione replied. "You're a Time Monster - you can manipulate time."

"You are correct."

"Why are we here?" asked Harry.

"You defeated Heinzl but there was a huge cost. Many lives were lost and the world has changed forever. Therefore I am going to reverse time to just before his tomb was discovered and give you the chance to eliminate the chance of his revival."

"What's the catch?" Hermione said, "Time Monsters manipulate time for the worst most of the time."

"There is no catch, Hermione Granger. I will say no more but I will give you a gift."

There was another flash of light and Kronos vanished, followed by Harry and Hermione.

-

Harry woke up with a start. He looked around and saw himself in his bedroom at Potter Manor. His collection of `won' wands remained on the wall - the two from Severus Snape plus Voldemort's own wand.

He got out of bed and walked down the stairs and smelt cooking. `Dobby must be cooking breakfast,' he thought. He walked into the kitchen and saw a woman standing at the cooker, she turned around and Harry stumbled back into a chair.

"Mum?" he asked, "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be dead!"

"Harry dear, are you feeling alright?" Lily Potter asked.

"I don't know. I think I had some weird dream," he said, as Lily put some food on a plate.

"Better eat up; Hermione will be coming over, along with Albus, to continue your apprenticeship," she said. Harry ate his food, wondering what was going on.

Hermione came over an hour later. Harry spoke to her in the kitchen, thinking Lily was out of the room.

"What's going on here?" he asked, "As you could see, my mother's alive."

"It must be the gift Kronos promise us," she replied.

"What do we do about Heinzl's chamber? All we know is that it's in the Forbidden Forest."

"Alright you two, what's going on? Who is this Kronos and what has Professor Heinzl got to do with things?"

Both Harry and Hermione looked at Lily, who was standing at the doorway with Dumbledore.

"Professor Heinzl? When did he become a Professor?" Harry asked.

"Harry - he's been the Defence Professor for the last fourteen years," Dumbledore answered. "Now, what's going on?"

Harry and Hermione looked at each other before explaining what happened up to when they woke up that morning.

"Heinzl saved me from Voldemort's killing curse, although it destroyed his body. He was revived by Severus a few months ago, but you managed to stop him," Lily explained.

"Sounds like most things are the same, but with a few major differences," Hermione suggested.

"So I was never placed with Vernon and Petunia and treated like a house-elf for ten years? So Quirrel never tried to steal the Philosopher's Stone? The Chamber of Secrets was never opened and Sirius never escaped from Azkaban? Was there any Triwizard Tournament?" Harry asked.

"Why would you have been placed with my sister?" Lily asked. Harry explained how he had lived in the world he remembered. "I've not seen anything of Petunia since our parents died."

"Harry - no, no-one called Quirrel has tried to steal Nicholas Flamel's stone, yes, the Chamber of Secrets was opened, thanks to Lucius Malfoy, but you saved the school plus Ginny Weasley, Sirius never went to Azkaban and there was a Triwizard Tournament. You were entered as a fourth champion. Why do you ask?" Dumbledore asked. With Hermione's help, Harry explained what had been going on.

"Dumbledore - is there a chance, as the Lord-Potter-in-waiting, of addressing the Wizengamot about Muggle-born rights?"

"I will see what I can do." Dumbledore promised.

-

"Witches and wizards of the Wizengamot," Harry said, addressing the court, "Our world is in danger through racial attitudes!"

"How so, Potter?" someone asked.

"Our world revolves around the notion that Purebloods are the best and that Muggle-borns are scum. Because the Purebloods only seem to marry Purebloods, that part of our race is dying out. Half-bloods and Muggle-borns are the key to the future. They are the future of our world; today's Muggle-borns are the Purebloods of the future."

"What do you expect us to do about that?" someone else asked.

"Actions against the Muggle-borns are driving them from our world. Let them start businesses; investigate complaints made by them instead of taking the word of Purebloods over them. Cut the unfair rate of taxation when exchanging Muggle money and take steps to stop Muggle-borns being called `Mudbloods.'"

-

July 31st

He pulled out his eight and a half inch wand made of Ebony and unicorn hair, and aimed it at the person opposite him.

"I've been waiting a long time for this," he said without emotion.

"It was inevitable," the other person, who was now aiming her wand at him, replied just as coldly.

Harry grinned, "On three, Mine. One."

"Two," the now smiling girl said.

"Three," the couple said together as beams of silver light shot from the end of both wands, meeting in the middle, combining and changing colour, sending a red beam of light at their observer - a man with white hair and a long white beard, who was standing about ten feet from them with a Protego shield raised. The amplified stunning spell impacted his shield, breaking it on contact and ramming into Dumbledore's chest, knocking him to the floor, unconscious.

"Renervate," Hermione said, pointing her wand at Dumbledore. He woke up and Harry helped him up.

"Are you alright, sir?" he asked.

"I'm quite alright, thank you, Harry. I must say I'm impressed and embarrassed. I've never been bested by two fifteen year olds in a duel before, and no stunner has ever penetrated my shield charm. I'm very impressed with you for sharing and combining your powers. I've tried to teach it before, but the students were never able to pull it off."

Dumbledore put his wand away. Harry and Hermione put their wands away in their holsters as the Headmaster made his way to the fireplace.

"I am proud of the way you two have turned out in your training. I see no point in continuing it after the end of next week. I've taught you everything I can teach you and you picked it up better than I expected," he began.

"Thank you, sir," the young couple replied to him.

"I'll be back this evening for your birthday party, Harry. I have a few urgent matters to deal with at the school." He took some floo powder out of a bag attached to his belt and threw it into the fire. "Headmasters Office, Hogwarts." The familiar green flames came to life and Dumbledore stepped through it.

-

As in the previous timeline, Harry and Neville Longbottom were having a joint birthday party. But this time, Lily Potter was working with Neville's grandmother on the party - the latter flooed over later that afternoon to help prepare - both were preparing cakes. Dobby had told them that he could do it, but the two parent figures had to compromise with him. They said he could prepare the rest of the food while they prepared the cakes. He had agreed to that.

The floo activated and Hermione's parents, Adam and Marissa, came through carrying some presents. Hermione led them to the library. One by one, the Weasley family, along with Susan Bones (still dating Ron in this version of the timeline), came through, also with presents. Fred and George had evil in their eyes. Harry waved a hand and as the twins tried to leave the main room, the door closed in front of them.

"Are you two planning any pranks?" Hermione asked after Harry whispered to her about what he did.

"Busted," George said.

"Please put them on that table over there, Gred and Forge. You'll get them back when you leave," Harry said. The two Weasley pranksters complied, and they were allowed to leave the room.

Neville and Augusta Longbottom came through next. Dumbledore returned that evening as promised with presents. They were placed in the library with the rest, and just as everyone was about to leave the room, the floo activated and Bill Weasley came through with Fleur Delacour. Moments later, Oliver Wood, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet and Katie Bell - Harry's fellow Quidditch team members - came through. Finally, Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang entered the room. Sirius and Professor Brooks was the final pair to arrive. They apologized for being late. They went into the dining room where Dobby had bottles of butterbeer out.

Dumbledore got a couple of envelopes out of his pocket. "Before we allow the birthday boys to make a great deal of mess opening their presents, I would like to give Harry and Hermione these. There is also one for you, too, Miss Bones, and one for you, Mr. Diggory." He gave an envelope to each of the four who opened them. A badge fell out of each envelope into their hands, and a second one fell into Harry's. Lily looked on in interest.

"I made Prefect, Harry!" Hermione shrieked.

"I did, too, Hermione!" Harry replied.

"I've been made Head Boy," Cedric said.

"Well done, dear," Cho said, kissing him.

"Excellent stuff, Cedric," Harry said, shaking his hand, "You've earned it."

"Congratulations, you four," Lily told them, Molly Weasley was slightly disappointed that Ginny, who'd been advanced a grade the year before, didn't make prefect. However, she felt McGonagall and Dumbledore must have had their reasons. Still, she thought, Ginny could still make Head Girl, or at the very least, Prefect, in her seventh year if Hermione made Head Girl.

"What's that second badge, Harry?" Ginny asked.

"I've also been made Quidditch captain. But why?" He looked at Dumbledore.

"We can answer that, Harry," Alicia said. "Dumbledore asked me and Angelina, with us both being seventh years, but with our demanding N.E.W.T schedules, we would be unable to devote enough time to the job. We might as well tell you now that we'll have to drop into reserve positions on the team, but we can help you find new Chasers."

"Dumbledore then asked me," Katie Bell continued, "But I told him that you would do a better job."

"Thank you," Harry said.

"That means both Hermione and myself won't have to try out for Chasers," joked Ginny.

"Oh, the two of you will try out just like any other person." Both girls pouted at this.

The presents given were the same as before, although there were presents from Lily this time round. The floo activated and Heinzl walked in. He looked different than how he looked before.

"Can I speak to you two for a moment, please?" he asked Harry and Hermione. The trio went into another room.

"How are you here?" Harry asked.

"Kronos took me out of time before you could destroy me. She convinced me that I could do more for Muggle-borns and if certain events went differently, we could get more rights. Kronos sent me back to when your parents were killed. Using the ancient magic, I was able to save your mother, and vanquish Voldemort. I was unable to save your father."

"Thank you," Harry said.

"I know about your speech - do you think you've made a difference?"

"I hope so."

"I've taken steps to prevent my tomb from being discovered in this version of the timeline. I took my notes and stuff and filled the tomb with cement."

-

The Potter Press was delivered the following day and the following headline was on the cover:

MORE RIGHTS FOR MUGGLE-BORNS

It has been announced last night that the Ministry of Magic has announced new rights for Muggle-borns. Among the new rights announced are:

Muggle-borns can start new businesses

The unfair rate of taxation on Muggle money will be reduced to a fairer rate

Criminal complaints made by Muggle-borns will be fully investigated

The term `Mudblood' will be designated a racist term and a taboo being placed on it; the speaker of the word will be fined. Repeat offenders will spend a month in prison.

"Well Hermione," Harry said, "Looks like things are going up for the Muggle-borns."

"Your words seem to have dug in," Hermione answered.

-

EPILOGUE

Harry and Hermione married after finishing Hogwarts. The duo got top marks in their OWLs and NEWTs and were named Head Boy and Girl.

Neville Longbottom and Ginny Weasley (who was named prefect for her final year) also married that same year.

From this moment, Purebloods and Muggle-borns managed to live together in peace. There were some people who tried the old racist tricks but were imprisoned or fined.

Harry and Hermione named Heinzl the godfather of their first child - a girl. He vanished ten years later, never to be seen again, although a young girl with his name appeared at Hogwarts at the same time as the Potter's first child.

-

Wow! It's over at last. It's been 26 months since the first chapter was uploaded and I feel quite sad now it's finished. But my work on this story is far from over, I have the previous chapters to go through to correct mistakes and stuff, so if you've not reviewed them before, please do so.

-->