Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising

witowsmp

As usual, we don't own Harry Potter, the excellent JK Rowling does. The only thing we do own is the plot, Heinzl and his followers.

Harry Potter and the Muggle-Born Uprising

Chapter Eighteen

The Will of Albus Dumbledore

Harry and Hermione ran into the Great Hall alongside Ginny.

"Cover me," Ginny said, "I'm Gryffindor's Heir, so I might be able to stop him." She ran towards Heinzl, firing spells at him. He waved his hand and sent Ginny flying. Harry and Hermione got their wands out and began firing curses at him. But they barely scratched him.

"We'll have to combine our powers," Hermione suggested. "Maybe it'll do something."

"Let's do it." Repeating what they had done to Dumbledore that summer, they fired curses at the same time, making the beams join and hit Heinzl. He flinched as he saw them. He concentrated for a moment and fed Hermione's spell back at her. She flew back with a flash of bright light. Harry ran over to her, casting a shield charm as he did so. Suddenly, Heinzl could feel Dumbledore's wand vibrating power.

"So, you were the masters of the Elder Wand?" he asked, looking at Harry and Hermione, "You were given the chance to either join me or leave us alone! You disrespected me by fighting against me and now you must die!"

He raised the Elder Wand and pointed it at the young couple.

"Lazerous!" he shouted. From the tip of the wand, a bright blue light appeared and from the wand, a beam of blue energy fired. Knowing what was going to happen to his favourite students, Dumbledore felt he had to make things up to Harry for leaving him with the Dursleys. He jumped in front of Harry and Hermione and screamed as the beam hit him. Everyone looked in shock as Dumbledore was hit by the curse, there was so much energy radiating from the spell, everyone could see his skeleton. The Headmaster of Hogwarts then fell to the ground, dead.

Hermione then looked on in horror as Heinzl fired the same curse at Neville, Ginny and finally Harry. The same effect could be seen as with Dumbledore. Eventually, Heinzl aimed the wand at Hermione and opened fire.

Hermione woke up with a scream. Looking around, she noticed she was in her room at Potter Manor.

"A nightmare," she muttered to no one.

It was a week after the big battle in which they saw Dumbledore die. She and Harry went there after escaping from Hogwarts following Professor Dumbledore's death.

She and Harry looked up and watched in horror as Dumbledore fell to the ground. Then their attention was turned to Heinzl - the ancient Dark Lord began to fade away.

"Now's our chance," Harry said. He cast a non-verbal and wandless disarming charm and the Elder Wand flew into Harry's hands. "That'll stop him from harming anyone else." He also summoned the Gaunt ring from Heinzl as it fell to the ground.

Suddenly, everyone turned to face them.

"TRAITOR!" some Muggle-borns shouted. Curses were aimed at the duo by the Muggle-borns. Harry picked Hermione up and with Neville, Ginny, Sirius and Remus protecting them, they made it out of the Great Hall.

But there were others following them. Harry made his way to the doors in the Entrance Hall, but the force of magic from Heinzl's spell had forced them shut.

"Looks like we'll have to take the long way," Harry grumbled. The group made their way up the stairs with Neville and Ginny firing curses and shield charms to protect their friends - Hermione was too weak to fight.

Fred and George Weasley came into the area and managed to cause a diversion allowing Harry and Hermione to slip away unnoticed. They made it to the one-eyed witch statue and managed to get it to open with the help of a curse, as the energy from Heinzl's spell had stopped that from opening normally as well.

After making it into Honeydukes, Harry concentrated and both he and Hermione popped away. They reappeared in Potter Manor where Dobby brought some potions to help heal Hermione.

Hermione walked into the dining room to see her parents having breakfast with Harry (who was very much alive). After escaping, Hermione feared the Purebloods might retaliate by attacking her parents so she and Harry went to their dental practice and convinced them to go into hiding temporary. After getting the locum dentists to take over the practice for a while, they went into hiding at Potter Manor.

-

Later that day, Harry and Hermione were in a conservatory going over notes about the battle with Heinzl.

"That spell he used must have drained the majority of the magic he stole from all the purebloods." Hermione theorised, "That's got to be why he faded away."

"We'll never be able to use that spell on him - I'm still wary of the idea of having to kill him," Harry answered.

"We'll never be able to use the spell full stop. It would kill both of us. I don't think he would risk using it again unless he gets enough power to have a permanent corporeal form," continued Hermione. "But there has got to be a way this can be used against him. Normal spells won't work on him now that he is a ghost again, but there has got to be something that can force him into the afterlife."

"It's a shame there is nothing about him in the history books. While Gryffindor's story was informative, I think there are things that were kept from us," Harry countered.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked.

"Well, it made out that Heinzl invented the animagus process but in the next memory, it looks like he tried it but it was botched up. According to Hogwarts, A History (he and Hermione had read it together to try and find clues), the Founders and their ancestors all had the power to turn into animals. So either A History is wrong (Hermione looked shocked at such a thought) or there is something we are not being told."

Hermione was going through another book, trying to find some reference to anyone with the last name Heinzl.

"By the looks of things, he was childless," Hermione mentioned.

"A lot of families died out during the Dark Ages," Harry replied, remembering a conversation with Dumbledore in the summer, "Remember, Dumbledore told us about the Hallows - one of each being owned by a member of the Peverell family - that family no longer exists although Dumbledore said I was a descendent of that family; that's why I have the invisibility cloak."

"Do we know who the first Potter was?" Hermione asked.

"No. We've probably not found the right book yet. I've even tried to ask Julius but he seems tight lipped on the matter," answered Harry.

"Do you think he knows something? Gryffindor mentioned his loyal agent Julius - surly it can't be our Julius?"

"There is that chance. I personally think he knows something about Heinzl and is too afraid to tell us."

Before they could do or say anything else, the floo kicked in and Sirius and Remus came in.

"Well, that's it!" Sirius declared.

"What's happened?" asked Hermione.

"Hogwarts has been closed by the International Confederation of Wizards pending a full enquiry into the state of the wizarding world in this country," Sirius replied. "Most wizarding businesses are also being temperorary shut down pending enquiries. It seems Mr. Furlong does carry a lot of weight with the Italian Ministry after all. It was them who called the enquiry."

Hermione looked in sadness at the mention of the Furlong family - she still felt guilt at times over Serenity Furlong sacrificing her life to save Hermione.

"What can they do?" asked Harry.

"Well, if they are not happy with what is happening and the lack of response from the Ministry on the matter, they can invoke a rarely used law to remove Lord Reekon from office and dissolve the Wizengamot. Then they will either appoint a new Minister and Wizengamot themselves or hold elections."

"That'll never happen," Hermione replied.

"I'm afraid you're right there. England has the worst record when it comes to democracy, Muggle-born rights and their treatment. Even the Middle East countries treat their Muggle-borns properly," Sirius said. He looked grim - the young couple knew he was not telling them everything. "That's not all though. Take a look at this." He took a piece of parchment out of his pocket and passed it to Harry and Hermione. It was a Ministry produced pamphlet.

SUPPORT HARRY POTTER FOR ORDER OF MERLIN, FIRST CLASS

THE BOY WHO LIVED! THE CHAMPION OF PUREBLOODS!

We all know Harry James Potter as being the one who vanquished Lord Voldemort - we are not afraid to speak his name. For four years, you will have seen him excel at his studies at Hogwarts along with gaining legendary status among Quidditch fans - young and old - by being the youngest Seeker in a century and NEVER losing a game (the fact Dementors caused him to lose one match does not count - the opposing team offered a legal replay). You will also have seen him with a Muggle-born girlfriend and a blood traitor as a former best friend. While you may cringe at the heir to a major pureblood family associating with such people, those two have taught him a lot about this world which his Muggle relatives and we thank them for this.

During the battle at Hogwarts last week which saw several students along with a teacher and Headmaster Albus Dumbledore being killed, he risked his life to help us, fighting the ghost Heinzl. It is to be noted that he only started fighting the ghost after Ginny Weasley - Pureblood Princess and the Heir of Godric Gryffindor - was hurt by the Dark Lord.

He will not leave his Muggle-born girlfriend, who is soon to be his wife, and will retaliate strongly against anyone who attempts to harm her. His actions are protected, being the heir to a major pureblood family. Potters have had a long standing tradition of marrying Muggle-borns, but remember, the Potters were one of the first families in this world to receive magic.

For this, we support a nomination for Mr. Potter to receive an Order of Merlin, First Class for his actions in protecting the Purebloods. A nomination for a Second Class, Order of Merlin is made for Hermione Jean Granger. She also fought the ghost and was seriously hurt by him. Research has revealed that she may not be all she seems.

"What a load of crap," Harry yelled, screwing up the parchment and threw it towards the fire - it missed.

"Champion of Purebloods? Who came up with that rubbish?" asked Hermione.

"Percy Weasley - he was promoted to become Lord Reekon's Junior Undersecretary and part of his job is to produce such propaganda." Sirius answered.

"If the Muggle-borns see this, we're finished," Harry said, "I'm not a Champion of Purebloods. I was helping protect my friend."

"An article for the paper is called for," Hermione declared, summoning a piece of parchment and there and then, she began writing.

"What about this crap about her being not all she seems?" Harry asked.

-

There were several headlines in The Potter Press over the next couple of days:

PEACE TALKS FALTER

At the behest of the Italian Ministry of Magic, representatives of the Purebloods and Muggle-borns met with a representative of the Italian Ministry of Magic to try and come up with terms for cessation of hostilities. This was held in a hotel room in France, being neutral territory.

The Purebloods demanded the following things:

Restriction on the number of Muggle-borns who are educated at Hogwarts

No Muggle-borns will work for the Ministry or Magical Businesses

Serious Restriction on Muggle-born breeding, especially into pureblood families

Their representative stated, "We would rather Muggle-borns not attend Hogwarts at all but they need to learn to control their magical cores. Following education on such matters, they would be obliviated. Anyone who doesn't seem to have much power will have their magic bound and memories altered." This comment caused outrage with both the Italian Ministry representative and the Muggle-borns.

The Muggle-borns made the following demands themselves:

Muggle-borns permitted to sit on the Wizengamot - they are the first of their family to have magic and so should be entitled to have a seat on the court.

Muggle-borns should be permitted to start businesses and work for companies run by Purebloods.

The term Mudblood should be classed as a racist term and offenders heavily fined

The Purebloods laughed when they read these demands. There were serious arguments following this which lead to a Pureblood witch killing the Muggle-born representative. It appeared that the Muggleborns made a very valid point that the Purebloods, through their preference of marrying their cousins and/or only Purebloods means that that branch of magic will either die out with no more Purebloods born, or that children of Purebloods would be born Squibs. French Aurors arrested the witch and sentenced her to jail. British Minister of Magic Lord Reekon protested the sentence and requested that the witch be extradited to England.

"We will not extradite murderers to a country who will release them because of their crimes against a Muggle-born," the French Department of Law Enforcement said.

-

The next headline stunned everyone:

PUREBLOOD STUDENT FOUND MURDERED

It has just been revealed that Pureblood student Theodore Nott was found murdered in his home last night. He made the headlines when he murdered pureblood student Serenity Furlong, when he intended to murder Muggle-born Hermione Granger.

A letter of confession was sent to the Potter Press - Mr. Nott's killer was none other than Serenity's father Patrick J K Furlong. He admitted to the crime and stated that he committed it under the rarely used "International Pureblood Right of Vengeance." He stated that he was sickened by the fact that the Ministry refused to prosecute Mr. Nott for the murder on the grounds that he was intending to murder a Muggle-born.

Mr. Furlong and his family have been placed under the protection of the Italian Ministry who have closed their borders to any English Pureblood.

There was a third article which interested everyone.

HARRY POTTER - NOT A CHAMPION BUT A LOYAL FRIEND

It has come to the attention of the Potter Press that Percy Weasley, Junior Undersecretary to the Minister has issued propaganda proclaiming Harry Potter to be the Champion of Purebloods.

It states that Mr. Potter risked his life to try and defeat the ghost Heinzl after a pureblood witch was attacked by the ghost.

Mr. Potter would like to dispel reports that he is a champion of Purebloods but he was only protecting his friend.

"I am not a champion of Purebloods," he stated. "I was protecting my friend who happened to be a Pureblood. I would do the same for anyone - pureblood, half-blood and Muggle-born."

Mr. Weasley nominated Mr. Potter for an Order of Merlin, First Class for his actions and a Second Class Order of Merlin for his Muggle-born girlfriend Hermione Granger, on the grounds that the ghost nearly killed her. Both Mr. Potter and Miss. Granger have turned down these accolades on the grounds of the treatment the Ministry gives the Muggle-borns.

-

"What's everything coming to, Harry?" Hermione asked after the news headlines were read out.

"I have no idea," Harry replied. His line of thought was broken as Hedwig flew to him and dropped a letter in front of him. He picked it up and read it:

"It's from a friend of ours in the Ministry - they say that because we are in a state of war, the Ministry are seizing control of the newspaper."

"They can't do that - can they?" Hermione asked.

"I would rather blow up the Potter Press than give it to the Ministry! Who knows what they would print about Muggle-borns?" Harry yelled in an angry voice, before leaving the wards and apparrating.

-

The following day, two Aurors entered the building which housed The Potter Press. Their orders were to seize the paper and arrest all of its staff. But they could see no one. The two walked into the main printing area. There was still no one there, but they could see a big box on the floor.

The curious Aurors examined it. It seemed to be a muggle device being powered by magic. There were numbers on it: 00:15 and were going down.

"I think this is a muggle weapon!" one Auror said, "Let's get out of here!" The two disapparrated away just before the timer ran out and the building exploded.

-

"What did you do, Harry?" Hermione asked later that day. They had received a report from Gringotts informing them that the Potter Press building had been destroyed in an explosion.

"Rigged the place to blow - I was not leaving anything for the Ministry to get their dirty hands on. With the help of some new trusted friends, I managed to relocate the paper to a new location."

"But now that you're not obeying the Ministry by giving them the paper, you'll be publishing a renegade paper," Hermione said.

"If published in this country. Subscribers will from now on receive the Il profeta quotidiano - Italian for Daily Prophet. A loophole in the law states that the Ministry cannot take over overseas based newspapers."

There was no time for Hermione to sort him out as they had to attend Dumbledore's will reading.

-

Harry and Hermione were surprised when they reached Gringotts. There were only a few people there, including Hermione's parents, Professor McGonagall, the Weasley family (who were very close to Dumbledore) and Dumbledore's brother Aberforth. A Ministry official was also there to observe things.

A goblin came in and everyone sat down.

"Good morning everyone," he began. "You are here to hear the last will and testament of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore." The goblin got a piece of parchment out and began to read.

This is the last will and testament of Albus Percival Wolfric Brian Dumbledore. I am of fair mind as I make out this will and I have not been affected by potions or mind control spells.

First of all, I wish to leave 100,000 galleons to my faithful friend and Deputy Headmistress Minevra McGonagall.

Secondly, I leave my shares in the Hogs Head pub to my brother Alberforth. He will understand why I won't leave him any money; he severed all ties with the Dumbledore family when he came of age.

To Fred and George Weasley, I leave them all their pranking equipment that I confiscated over the years.

Now, onto the serious business. The rest of my family fortune is left to Hogwarts to help support those who cannot afford to pay the fees and stuff.

To Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, the grandchildren I never had (Hermione shed a few tears at this), I leave my Pensieve and all my memories. The knowledge stored in this memories need to be shared among future generations, and not die with me. Harry, many of the memories are of your parents. There are a lot of good moments there ranging from their sorting to the moment Lily found out she got 12 O's on her O.W.L's and N.E.W.T's.

I also leave Harry Potter my collection of antique broomsticks - some of them are dating back to the 1500's.

I am also leaving Hermione Granger my personal library and stargazing equipment. This includes my giant telescope which resides in my office.

The Ministry official scribbled notes down on a piece of parchment. The goblin turned to him.

"Has the Ministry got any objections to any part of this will they would like to file?"

"Not at this time," the official said. "I would like you to withhold delivery of the Pensive and memories until the Ministry has had a chance to examine them, though."

"What for?" Harry shouted.

"We need to make sure Dumbledore is not trying to pass on secret messages via the Pensieve memories."

Hermione stepped forward. "I can assure you that there are no secret messages being passed on. Master Goblin, please can you have the Pensieve deposited into the Potter Vaults please?"

Alberforth Dumbledore stepped forward. "As Albus Dumbledore's only surviving relative, I object to the request of the Ministry and ask that you comply with Miss Granger's request."

"It will be done," the goblin said.

-

After they returned from the will reading, Harry and Hermione went back into the library hoping to discover something they could use to deal with Heinzl.

"Harry! Look at this," Hermione shouted, running to Harry, holding a book.

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"Take a look," Hermione gestured.

Harry took the book and looked at it - the page Hermione indicated showed a very familiar middle aged man holding a baby. Under the picture, there was a caption reading:

JULIUS, THE FIRST POTTER BEING CRADLED BY HIS GODFATHER, ELDRAD HEINZL

-

Please review. Thank you to those who have.

Yes, we know the chapter title is also the title of Chapter Seven of Deathly Hallows but it seemed an appropriate title for this chapter.

-->