Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising

witowsmp

As usual, we don't own Harry Potter, the excellent JK Rowling does. The only thing we do own is the plot, Heinzl and his followers.

Chapter Twenty-Three

The Downfall of the Purebloods

"So, you're telling me," Lucius Malfoy began, "That a group of Mudbloods crept into my house and kidnapped my son?"

Two Aurors, who were suppose to be guarding Malfoy Manor were standing before Lucius in his Minister's office, reporting on what they found nodded. He got his wand out and pointed it at one of the Aurors.

"Crucio!" he shouted. The Auror fell to the ground in pain. Malfoy did the same to the other Auror.

"Get out of my sight!" he shouted, "Get back to the Manor and guard my wife - if anything happens to her, your families will be killed."

As the two Aurors left, another wizard came in.

"Minister Malfoy - as requested, the new wards on the Ministry building, St. Mungo's, the Leaky Cauldron and Diagon Alley have been activated. The people on the list will no longer be able to enter these areas," he said.

"Excellent," Malfoy said, "I now want you to find a way to drain the magic of those people."

"Very well," the wizard said before leaving.

-

A few hours later, Lucius Malfoy's voice could be heard on the wireless.

"Earlier today, Mudbloods broke into my manor and kidnapped my son. This will not be tolerated. If my son Draco is not returned by this time tomorrow, then I will arrange for every Muggle-born to be rounded up and executed by means of the Dementor's Kiss."

Then another voice could be heard on the wireless.

"Minister Malfoy. My name is Gamden, the official representative of the Muggle-borns. We will return your son if you agree to listen to our demands. If you do not agree hear and now to hear us out, then we will kill him."

"What will Draco's death do to your cause, because if he dies, so do the Muggle-borns."

"Then agree to listen to us, and I give you a wizard's oath that Draco will be returned to you unharmed. We have no desire to hurt anyone; we just want someone to listen to us."

"Very well," Malfoy said, "Return Draco and I will hear you out."

"Alright," Gamden said, "We will return him to you in Diagon Alley, outside Ollivanders, in three hours. Two Aurors can come with you but no wands are to be drawn. My representative will outline the terms under which we will close our part of the war."

"It is a deal," Malfoy said.

-

Contrary to what some people thought, not all Purebloods wanted this war either. The Greengrass family was one such group of Purebloods who didn't want to go to war. During the war with Voldemort, they remained neutral. They didn't bother either side and no-one bothered them, despite the fact the entire family were in Slytherin at Hogwarts, they didn't go along with the Purebloods are best, Muggle-borns are scum philosophy.

Daphne Greengrass, a pretty girl, the same age as Harry and Hermione was listening to the latest developments on the wireless.

"That meeting is going to go pair-shaped," she declared.

"Why do you say that?" her father asked.

"Because, I think Malfoy is going to have whoever returns Draco killed on the spot. I believe Malfoy is opening the Ministry up to open rebellion. You didn't see what things were like at Hogwarts before Dumbledore was killed. Draco was attacking Muggle-borns any opportunity he could and would use his father to get him out of trouble for doing so."

"I know - several of us have expressed disgust at Lucius for that."

"It's claimed that Muggle-borns steal their magic - but from whom? Most of them don't even meet witches or wizards until they get their Hogwarts letters. Most families started out as Muggle-borns, even our family," Daphne said. "I studied Ancient Runes with Hermione Granger for two years - we spoke at length about accidental magic and she told me her mother once told her that she was making things float just weeks after being born."

"It's just the standard Pureblood response. Only the extremists believe that the Muggle-borns steal magic."

-

"Gather all the Aurors you can assemble," Malfoy ordered. "I want two of your best Aurors to come with me to the handover."

"But Minister, you agreed to the Muggle-born's terms of two Aurors," Head Auror Hewitt said, "Not a whole squad."

"What I agreed to was two Aurors with ME. The others are to be stationed in shops throughout the Alley. They are to be told that after my son is returned to me, the Mudbloods are to be killed."

"They're going to think something is up if they see many Aurors in the alley."

"Have them in plain clothes then. We'll take a leaf out of the Muggle's book," Malfoy ordered.

-

Harry and Hermione along with Sirius and co had also listened to the wireless broadcast.

"Do they expect Malfoy to keep up his part of the bargain?" asked Harry, "I bet you the entire contents of my vault that he will have an entire squadron of Aurors waiting in hiding and when the Muggle-borns come to return Draco, they will either capture or kill them."

"What worries me," Hermione added, "is that I believe the Muggle-borns will also try something."

"If the two of you are right," Sirius said, "then Malfoy might empty the Ministry building of Aurors then they might attempt a takeover."

-

The Aurors arrived at Diagon Alley and took up their positions inside the shops. The Head Auror Hewitt went to report to Malfoy after making his inspection.

"It's strange sir," he said, "but there are no shopkeepers in any of the shops. It seems they are expecting trouble."

"Don't worry about it," Malfoy said. "We all know how treacherous the Mudbloods are, they will attempt to double cross us."

"Here they come," Hewitt said. Two Muggle-borns were walking towards Ollivanders, with Draco with them. He looked unharmed. Malfoy and his two Aurors walked towards them.

"Get down!" Malfoy shouted. Draco fell to the ground - Lucius fired the killing curse at the two Muggle-borns. They fell to the ground dead. The two Aurors next to him fell as two Muggle-borns fired killing curses from the top of the Leaky Cauldron. An Auror stationed in Ollivanders fired a retaliation curse at them. Suddenly, the wand maker's shop exploded.

-

The watchman in the Ministry yawned. It was quiet since Malfoy and his thugs left the Ministry building to rescue his son.

No chance that will pass off without bloodshed. The watchman said to himself. Then several people came up to him. One of them fired a stunner and the man fell off his chair unconscious.

Because Malfoy had taken all the Aurors with him, there was no-one to offer resistance. The majority of the staff was on leave. The group of Muggle-borns charged through the Ministry building, stunning the Purebloods.

Arthur Weasley came out of his former office - he had gone in to recover a money bag which he had hidden in his office. A man came up to him - Arthur recognised him.

"Gamden - what is happening?" he asked.

"This is a revolt, Arthur - keep out of the way - despite you being a Pureblood, I don't want to hurt you," -the man - Gamden said.

-

An Auror ran up to Malfoy who was looking at the bodies of the Muggle-borns which had been gathered up. Ollivander's shop had been blown up by someone throwing a Muggle grenade.

"Minister Malfoy - we've just got word that the Muggle-borns are attacking the Ministry building. They seem to have captured the ward chamber because we can't gain entry!"

Malfoy put his wand to his face. "All Aurors report to Malfoy Manor at once." He cast a spell on the bodies which caught fire. He, Draco and the Aurors then used Portkeys to leave Diagon Alley.

-

The prisoners were taken to Courtroom Five where Gamden and Heinzl were overlooking things. Arthur Weasley stepped forward. "Gamden, my old friend! This is not how it was meant to be," he said.

"In your view or mine?" Gamden asked.

"Violence prolongs hate, hate prolongs violence. By what right are you spilling blood?"

"By the slave's right to punish his persecutor," Gamden answered.

"As your friend, I'm asking you to show humanity. Do you think this riot will win freedom for all your people? By tomorrow..." Arthur began


"By tomorrow it will be too late. Why a tiny, mindless insect like the emperor moth can communicate with another over a distance of 80 miles..." Gamden finished.

"A Muggle-born emperor might do slightly better?" asked Arthur.

"Slightly? What you have seen here today, Muggle-borns on the five continents will be imitating tomorrow."


"With guns against wands?" asked Arthur.

"Where there is fire, there is smoke. And in that smoke, from this day forward, my people will crouch and conspire and plot and plan for the inevitable day of the Pureblood's downfall - the day when he finally and self-destructively turns his weapons against his own kind. The day of the writing in the sky, when your homes lie under the rubble you created! When the sea is a dead sea, and the magical land is a wasteland out of which I will lead my people from their captivity! And we will build our own cities in which there will be no place for Purebloods except to serve our ends! And we shall found our own armies, our own religion, our own dynasty! And that day is upon you... now!" shouted Gamden.

-

Acknowledgements to Conquest of the Planet of the Apes for the final speeches.

-

Please review. Thank you to those who have.

-->