Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising

witowsmp

As usual, we don't own Harry Potter, the excellent JK Rowling does. The only thing we do own is the plot, Heinzl and his followers.

Harry Potter and the Muggle-Born Uprising

Chapter Fourteen

The Conflict Begins

"Is she alright?" Molly Weasley anxiously asked the approaching Healer.

"We have no idea, Mrs. Weasley," the Healer began. "We've managed to stabilise her, but she is now in a coma and we have no idea when she'll wake up, or even if she will wake up."

Molly clung onto Arthur, crying as they saw baby Annabeth lying in a small cot in the children's ward of St. Mungo's with Healers looking over her. She was surrounded by a variation of the Bubble-Head charm along with a feeding tube.

-

The whole school was full of talk about the events of the previous evening. Ginny still hadn't returned but the remaining three light animals were still patrolling Hogwarts.

Harry walked to Hermione at the Gryffindor table, who was checking star charts on her laptop. She was also using Harry's laptop as well.

"I thought so. Very strange," Hermione said.

"Translation, please," said Harry.

"I just checked with Jodrel Bank in London. Remember I told you the place was a very famous observatory? Well, according to their records, the comet appeared in the sky the same time Luna Lovegood gave her prophecy and as it approached Hogwarts, it vanished."

"But we saw it crash-land. Surly that sort of Muggle technology can't be blocked by magic?" asked Harry.

"I have no idea. The Muggle repelling wards prevents Muggles from approaching the castle."

"But your parents came a few months ago to watch me for the final task."

"Dumbledore probably brought them here via the Floo network or a Portkey. I've not seen anything in Hogwarts, a History that says Muggles can't arrive via those methods," Hermione said. She then burst into tears. Harry put his arm around her.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Remember what happened when this all started - Minister Bones fired all Muggle-born Aurors and those descended from Muggle-borns, like Tonks?"

"Yes."

"What if this escalates to the point where Muggle-borns will be exiled from Wizarding society? If she will fire Muggle-born Aurors without a second thought, who is to say she won't fire Muggle-born Ministry workers, take over Wizarding businesses owned by Muggle-borns and to top it off, expel Muggle-borns from Hogwarts and snap their wands?"

"I won't let them do anything to you, Mine," promised Harry, "If they try to expel you from here, then they will have to expel me as well. We'll find some other school to attend that doesn't allow students to preach hatred against Muggle-borns."

Suddenly, Ginny stepped into the Great Hall and walked to the center.

"Albus Dumbledore - I, Ginny Weasley have been officially declared the Heir of Gryffindor. The power from the comet has awakened the powers which were locked by Gryffindor's daughter. This is why I am the Heir of Gryffindor, not one of my brothers. I am to announce that the Heir of Ravenclaw will be discovered in a few days and officially declared."

Dumbledore stood up. "I accept your declaration, Miss Weasley. According to the original Hogwarts charter, Godric Gryffindor himself was the first headmaster here. As his heir, you are entitled to take over the job."

"Professor Dumbledore, I have no wish to take over the school so I wish for you to remain in the job until you die or decide to retire."

"I thank you," Dumbledore said, sitting back down. Ron walked over to her.

"Why should you be Gryffindor's heir and gain all the glory or is that something Potter has arranged?" he barked.

"No, Harry has not arranged any of this. It was widely thought the Potters were Gryffindor's heirs but they are not." Ginny knew more than she was saying, but was not revealing anything.

Ron got his wand out. "Gryffindor was supposed to have a vault full of money and treasures at Gringotts. I want you to give me half of it."

"Ronald Weasley, you will not raise your wand to me. As Gryffindor's heir, I have full ownership of the vault and all its contents. Our family will get its fair share of it. Now sit back down before you do something you are likely to regret."

Ginny went to sit down next to Harry, Hermione and Neville.

"STUPEFY!" Ron shouted, a red light firing towards his sister. It hit her but it had no effect, thanks to the armour she was wearing. She stood back up and faced her brother.

"Ronald Bilius Weasley, under the power vested in me as the Heir of Gryffindor, I hereby expel you from Gryffindor House and place you in Slytherin." Everyone gasped and watched, most not expecting anything to happen. But then, everything Gryffindor vanished from Ron's robes, to be replaced by Slytherin patches and ties and colours. He then found himself heading towards the Slytherin table.

-

In Azkaban prison, the door to Lucius Malfoy's cell opened and Auror Reekon walked in.

"Mr. Malfoy, sir. Our plans have to be brought forward. Reports are coming in from our contacts at both Gringotts and Hogwarts that the Heir of Gryffindor has been discovered and that Ravenclaw's Heir will be discovered shortly."

"How am I going to get out of here?" Lucius asked.

"We have managed to get the warden to leave to an important mission at the Ministry thanks to a fake letter, signed by Minister Bones herself. We can get you, your son and Miss Parkinson to the edge of the wards where a Portkey will take you to my father's estate. One of our agents has retrieved your wands and they will be returned to you on arrival."

"Thank you, Reekon. You will be well rewarded for this. When Minister Bones is removed from office, I will support your father's election campaign."

"Just to be careful, we will cover you with invisibility cloaks." He passed a cloak to Lucius who put it on. The two stepped out of the cell to see Draco and Pansy walk out, who then put invisibility cloaks on themselves. Reekon lead the way out, making sure to avoid anyone who might ask questions.

Reekon lead them to a boat which he told them that would take them to the mainland. "There is a Portkey on the shore. It is set to activate in an hour's time. As I said, it will take you to my father's estate. Good luck." He and Lucius shook hands. Reekon went back into the prison while the Malfoy's and Pansy got into the boat which made its way to the shore.

-

Arthur Weasley came to the school later that day and told Ginny, Fred and George about what was happening to Annabeth. Ginny burst into tears and had to be comforted by Neville.

"I am giving you the rest of the day off in order to visit little Miss Weasley." Dumbledore said.

"Thank you," Ginny said. She took both her twin brother's hands and with a burst of red light, the trio vanished.

"What happened, Albus?" Arthur asked, "I thought apparition inside Hogwarts was impossible."

"Haven't you heard? A comet landed here last night and unlocked some power in Ginny. Earlier today, she came in and declared herself the Heir of Gryffindor. The Gringotts goblins have confirmed it," Dumbledore said.

"I'll ask her about it later on."

-

Later that day, Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall were in a meeting with Amelia Bones.

"It has come to our attention that a new house has somehow been created by the ghost Heinzl who appears to have used unforgivable curses on the Sorting Hat to do so," she said.

"You are correct about the new house but unforgivable curses were not used. The Sorting Hat has confirmed as much to me and checks prove as such. According to memories, Heinzl placed charms on the Sorting Hat around the time of his creation which would get the hat to sort students into a Heinzl House when the time is right. It appears that the time is now."

"Well, on consultation with our legal experts, we don't have to legally recognise Heinzl House. What we will do is impose serious penalties against any member of that house that does anything to Purebloods, even if it is in self-defence."

"Are you trying to force Muggle-borns out of our world?" McGonagall asked, with disgust in her voice.

"If it comes to it Minerva, we will. Their wands will be snapped, their magic bound and memories modified. New guardians will also be found."

-

The Potter Press was delivered to the students a few days later. The main headline read:

LUCIUS MALFOY AND DEATH EATERS ESCAPE AZKABAN

Despite efforts by the Ministry to keep it under wraps, the Potter Press has discovered that Lucius Malfoy and several Death Eaters have escaped from Azkaban Prison.

Among the escapees is his son Draco and his girlfriend Pansy Parkinson, recently sentenced to twenty years for murdering two Muggle-born students.

To say there wasn't mass panic from the Muggle-borns, it would be an understatement.

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore shouted, "There is no need to panic. There is no risk to the Muggle-borns here from the escaped Death Eaters. I will be placing wards on this school which prevent anyone with a Dark Mark from entering the premises."

"But what if the governors are forced to readmit Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson to the school?" one student asked.

"That will not be possible. Anyone with a criminal conviction is prohibited by law from attending Hogwarts."

"But is that enough to prevent Lucius Malfoy from spending some money in bribes to get his precious son readmitted?"

"The Malfoy fortune was confiscated so bribes cannot take place," Dumbledore finished.

There was also a disclaimer article in the paper.

There will be no bias shown in this paper towards any particular heritage. The owner of this paper is a half-blood, his father was a pureblood from a very prestigious family. The editor is a pureblood and the chief advisor is a Muggle-born.

There have been full tributes to everyone killed in this conflict since the ghost Heinzl came on the loose.

If anyone of any heritage has anything to write for the paper, please send it to us and it will be read and if the truth can be verified, it will be published.

­"Was that your doing, Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Yes. I thought that because people know you're the owner and I'm an advisor, they might start accusing us of showing anti-Pureblood opinions," his girlfriend replied.

"Good idea," he replied.

-

Andromeda and Ted Tonks were sitting down in their dining room, waiting for their daughter Nymphadora and Remus Lupin to arrive. The two had some big news to tell them. Tonks' parents had finished getting everything ready and were waiting for their guests when the front door was blown off its hinges. The two got up and raised their wands, ready to fight off who they thought was the ghost of Heinzl.

But they had a shock when Narcissa Malfoy and two women walked in instead.

"Cissy? What are you doing here?" Andromeda asked.

"You gave up all rights to call me that when you ran off and married that filthy Mudblood!" Narcissa said.

"I have the right to marry who I want," Andromeda replied.

"Not when it dirties the Black family name," her sister countered.

"The Black name is dirty enough as it is. It got even dirtier when you married Lucius."

"You and our dear cousin Sirius are the filth in this family and I am going to put things right." Narcissa raised her wand. "Avada Kedavra!" she shouted. The beam of green light fired at Andromeda. Ted pushed her out of the way and went flying as he was hit by the curse.

"Oh, look at the Mudblood trying to protect the blood traitor. He has only delayed your death dear, sister," Narcissa said.

"Expelliarmus!" Andromeda shouted. Narcissa was thrown against the room.

"Avada Kedavra!" one of the other women shouted. Andromeda fell to the floor dead. Narcissa put a note on the dining room table before she and her co-conspirators disapparated.

The note read:

This is the voice of the purebloods. We will no longer tolerate our world being contaminated by filthy half-bloods, Mudbloods and blood-traitors! This is only the beginning. All Mudbloods will die!

-

Please review. Thank you to those who have.

-->