Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising

witowsmp

As usual, we don't own Harry Potter, the excellent JK Rowling does. The only thing we do own is the plot, Heinzl and his followers.

Chapter Twenty-Two

Making Plans

"I always hoped you would find this shrine one day, Harry Potter, and claim the family inheritance," Merklyn said.

"How can you be here?" Harry asked. "I saw you on the other side and aren't there legends which say you are imprisoned deep under Azkaban prison?"

Merklyn laughed. "Do you think some crackpot prison would hold me? I gave the illusion that I was there and as time went on, I was long forgotten. Until now. As for your other question, I can be anywhere. I came to you because to defeat the Dark Lord Heinzl, you need access to the powers only I can give."

"So that's why Hermione and I ended up at the Italian Potter House, so it would be easy to find our way here?" asked Harry.

"Yes, that is the reason. Due to your death, you have lost a lot of the powers you gained over the last few years. You will also need a new wand - the one you had before your death will no longer work."

"Are you trying to say my magic has done a system restore back to the time before I met Hermione?"

"System Restore? Ah yes, some mundane term. No, it has not gone back. Just some abilities of yours have been lost in the restoration of your life energy into a corporal body. Your original wand will not work either," Merklyn explained.

"Then how am I to get a new wand? Everyone in England think I'm dead so I can't walk into a wand shop there and buy one," Harry protested.

"I will provide you with one," Merklyn said. "Just stick your hand in the pool."

Looking as if Merklyn was going mad, Harry went to the pool and stuck his hand in it. He felt something approaching it and grabbed it. He took his hand out of the pool to find a wand made out of crystal.

"That is made of the finest crystal from Prysmos. It is nine inches in length and it has a core from multiple creatures. I took hair from the ten Visionaries before I left Prysmos and when I came here, I infused them into a wand, adding a dark phoenix feather along with some of my own hair. It will give you full and unlimited access to the ancient powers that Heinzl is abusing. He, however, can only use them a limited number of times."

"Then we must waste no time and get back to England," Harry said.

"I must tell you this Harry - after you defeat Heinzl, you must return here and destroy the shrine. It will do untold damage if left accessible to the wrong hands," Merklyn said.

"There is a way to kill two birds with one stone," Harry suggested.

"I'm all ears, my young heir," Merklyn replied.

"We find a way to lure Heinzl here - unseal the shrine. He knows where it is, just not how to get into it. Force him into a confrontation and get him to use the Lazerous spell. Use the spell of invulnerability and deflect it back to him, the combination of that and using it should seriously weaken him, and then we can use other spells. Combining that within the shrine will destroy both the shrine and Heinzl completely."

"Sounds very good," Merklyn said. "You will need special powers, too, Miss Furlong." He raised his orb and fired light at Annabeth. "You now have the power of light speed and you also have the power of healing."

"Thank you," Annabeth replied.

"Let's go then," Harry said. He and Annabeth raised their wands. "Sheathe these feet in the driving gale; Make swift these legs o'er land I sail!" Both Harry and Annabeth transformed into strange things before speeding away.

-

Lucius Malfoy walked into Arthur Weasley's office at the Ministry.

"Good morning, Arthur," he said. "I have some bad news for you. The Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office is being disbanded and you are fired from the Ministry for life."

Arthur looked shocked at this. Malfoy was speaking with delight in his voice.

"A few more things, since you and your wife no longer hold a job, that brat you adopted will have to be discharged from St. Mungo's. Also, the Burrow violates several laws, including use of magic to expand, unauthorised height and overcrowding. I'm afraid it will have to be demolished unless you pay 10 million galleons in fines."

"You know we can't afford that sort of money!" Arthur shouted.

"I know," Malfoy smirked, "But I am not completely heartless. You have one hour to remove any belongings from the house before it is destroyed."

-

Harry and Annabeth stopped outside Hermione's house. She was kneeling inside crying. Harry looked in the room next to where she was. Mr. and Mrs. Granger were on the floor dead. From the appearances, it looked like they had taken their own lives. Hermione flung herself upon her boyfriend and cried.

A noise could be heard. Harry pointed his wand at the intruder - it was Sirius.

"Harry - it can't be you. You're dead!" Sirius said.

"We were dead but we're back to deal with Heinzl and then we're going to deal with the problems plaguing magic in this country," Harry said. He and Sirius shared a hug. Harry then explained what happened.

"How are we going to lure Heinzl to that shrine?" asked Sirius.

"We have no idea. We also need to help Muggle-borns escape," Harry said.

"Remus, Tonks and I have been working on that." Sirius said. "We managed to get some on Muggle ferries to France, Belgium, Sweden and a few others. But the Ministry is making things difficult."

-

Muggles were screaming as Aurors were taking their children from their homes. The Aurors left a particular house to find several armed police officers pointing their guns at the magic users.

"Put the children down and raise your hands and you will not be harmed," one of the police officers shouted.

Before anyone could say anything, white smoke appeared. It went towards the Aurors and one by one, the children vanished. Then their parents also vanished.

-

The group reappeared in a huge house. Remus reappeared next to Amelia Bones.

"I'll find Sirius - the wards around the Grangers' home indicate that someone has harmed them. You explain what's going on to the Muggles," he said.

-

Remus reappeared outside the Granger's house. Walking inside, he got the shock of his life.

"Harry!" he said, "Hermione! How did you get back?"

"It's a very long story," Harry replied. Remus turned his attention to Sirius.

"Padfoot - Amelia and I just rescued another bunch of pre-Hogwarts Muggle-borns. They're in the safe house."

"Right - let's go." Sirius created a portkey. "Grab hold." The entire group, including Annabeth and Mr. Furlong took hold of the Portkey and they all vanished.

-

The group reappeared in front of Amelia Bones.

"What's going on here?" she asked.

Slowly, Harry and Hermione explained what they had seen and what the current plans were.

"Ever since Lucius Malfoy became Minister, things have been pretty bad for Muggle-borns. Since Heinzl rescued several adult Muggle-borns, Malfoy has authorised access to the Hogwarts scroll, which has now been moved to the Ministry. Aurors are going to homes to snatch Muggle-borns of all ages. Luckily, McGonagall was able to duplicate it and we've got a few agents keep an eye on them. When Aurors try to abduct them, we rescue them. Good job they don't anticipate these things happening," Amelia Bones said.

"What about Heinzl?" asked Harry.

"Ever since he destroyed Hogwarts, he's been pretty quiet," Remus answered. But he spoke too soon.

-

Malfoy Manor

Three people apparated just outside the gates carrying ladders. They climbed up them and made their way through the gardens. Minutes later, when they reached the house, they sneaked in and up the stairs. They looked through each door until they found what they were looking for. Before he could raise the alarm, the people bound Draco and activated a Portkey. One of them remained to leave a letter on his bed before leaving.

-

"Well, we have a plan to deal with Heinzl once and for all. But if I were you, I'd empty your Gringotts vaults and convert the money into Muggle money and take anything else you want from it," Harry said.

"Why? What do you plan to do?"

"Merklyn gave me a spell to be used in the ultimate extreme - it strips everyone in England of their magic. Diagon Alley will no longer exist, Gringotts will be destroyed - everyone will be turned into Muggles. It's very clear that magic is too dangerous to exist here. Even if we eliminate the threat of Heinzl, nothing will stop Lucius Malfoy from continuing to go after the Muggle-borns. Therefore, we eliminate that threat by destroying magic completely," Harry declared.

"You can't do that!" Amelia Bones shouted.

"I wish I didn't have to do that. Hermione and I are leaving after this is all over anyway. We're officially dead and Malfoy won't declare us alive again. That means he can do whatever he wants to us and get away with it," Harry continued.

-

10 Downing Street

Tony Blair was sitting in his office when the Home Secretary came in.

"Ah, Mr. Frobisher. Please sit down," the Prime Minister said. The Home Secretary did so.

"I understand you are the father of two witches who would be known as Muggle-borns?" Mr. Blair asked.

"I am," Mr. Frobisher said.

"What have they told you about current events in the world of magic?"

"Not much but this is what I gathered from newspapers and gossip between themselves. Some old wizard called Heinzl has come back to life and has been killing what are known as the Purebloods over their actions against Muggle-borns. Recently, he attacked the Hogwarts School and killed their Headmaster. Also, the previous Minister of Magic was replaced by a bloke called Reekon and he was also killed by Heinzl. The current Minister, a Lucius Malfoy is very anti-Muggle-born and has passed several laws which in my opinion, sir, remind me of Hitler and the Nazi's policies involving the Jews. In retaliation, Heinzl destroyed the Hogwarts School."

"That tallies with what I've received information about. My source tells me that Malfoy passed a law ordering the confinement of the Muggle-borns in what have now been described as death camps. He and some of his friends are trying to help Muggle-borns leave the country along with members of the French, German and Italian Ministries. I would suggest you get your children out of the country at once." Mr. Blair passed a piece of paper over. "This is authorisation from the Queen herself to use the private royal plane. It will take you anywhere you want."

"Thank you, sir," Mr. Frobisher said, before leaving.

Mr. Blair waited a few minutes then picked up his phone and dialled a number. "MI6 Research and Development? How is the work on the wizarding antigen going? Good. When can it be ready to use? Oh, we'll find a way." He put the phone down. That's fixed them now. We'll find a way to make contact with this Malfoy thug and if he refuses to stop what he's doing with the Muggle-borns, I'll order the release of the antigen.

-

Please review. Thank you to those who have.

-->