Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Muggle-born Uprising

witowsmp

More acknowledgements to Visionaries - Knights of the Magical Light for ideas involving the ancient spells.

As usual, we don't own Harry Potter, the excellent JK Rowling does. The only thing we do own is the plot, Heinzl and his followers.

Chapter Twenty-One

Harry Lives!

The eyes of the young man opened. He found himself in what was obviously a girl's bedroom. Sitting just near the bed was a young girl. She left the room and moments later, returned with a man who was obviously her father.

"Mr. Potter, how nice to see you return to the world of the living," he said.

Harry looked at the man. He then recognised the man as Patrick Furlong - the man who was the human manager of the Potter accounts. The girl next to him was his eldest daughter Annabeth.

"How did I get here?" Harry asked.

"You tell me, Mr. Potter. Annabeth here found both you and Miss Granger in the grounds, called for help and we brought you in. You and Miss Granger are supposed to be dead. What happened?"

"Well sir, Heinzl paid a trip to Potter Manor and absorbed the power of the Manor's ward crystal. Hermione and I tried to stop him but as he gained lifeforce and the power, we felt our souls being ripped from our bodies. He fed on our magic and life energy, too."

Mr. Furlong looked on in surprise.

"Where's Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Don't worry - she's here too, in another room. What else happened?"

"We saw things - other worlds which showed what happened if the Muggle-born War took different directions. Most of which ended up with the Muggles being involved because of the mysterious disappearances of children, most of whom were found murdered. Somehow, the existence of Hogwarts was revealed by Muggle technology and armies were sent to attack. In one world, the Muggles wiped out Hogwarts and everyone in it by firing nuclear missiles."

"I think things might end up going that way, Mr. Potter. I'll tell you about it in a moment."

"Then we saw people. I saw the ancient wizard Merklyn while Hermione saw Rowena Ravenclaw. Both confirmed we were their heirs. Hermione was surprised, she always thought she was a Muggle-born and was shocked to find out that the majority of her family were Squibs until Ravenclaw's magic re-awoke in her. They awoke their powers in us, including all knowledge of Iron Mountain, which is near an Italian Potter property."

"It is - it's just near here," Mr. Furlong said. Harry looked at him surprised.

"This is a Potter property - your ancestors leased it to my ancestors over 300 years ago. We always knew the mountain that is a mile away was known as Iron Mountain, but no one was ever able to climb or walk up it."

"After the knowledge was unlocked, we were given the chance to come back and stop Heinzl before he caused the destruction of our world," Harry continued. "Why we were brought here, is another thing."

Mr. Furlong passed over some newspapers. "I'm afraid it's only just started, Mr. Potter."

"Call me Harry, sir." Harry said. He took one of the papers - it was the Daily Prophet and began reading.

MINSTER OF MAGIC MURDERED!

By Rita Skeeter

It was announced today that Lord Reekon, the Minister of Magic, died last night. According to sources at the Ministry, the terrorist Heinzl, in a full live body, burst into the Minister's private offices, where he was engaged in a meeting and made various demands for Muggle-borns.

When these demands were refused, Heinzl spouted something about ancient magic and cast a long winded spell, the words of which are being kept secret. After the spell hit the Minister, he began to decay. Heinzl warned that he would take three days to die and that only he could reverse the spell if given motivation to. Lord Reekon refused to bow to Heinzl's demands, who then left, before warning that the reverse spell charm would not work on it.

The Ministry's best spell-casters and Unspeakables worked around the clock to try and reverse it, but sadly knowledge of the ancient spells has died out over the years. Before his death, the Minister refused to bow down to Heinzl's demands.

"The Muggle-borns are in trouble now," Harry said, before reading another paper. It was an Italian paper, translated into English.

ENGLAND IN TURMOIL

It was announced that the Wizarding World in England is in great danger. With the start of the Muggle-born War, people with Muggle parentage have been in danger. Since the death of England's Minister of Magic at the hands of the ghost Heinzl, restrictions have been put into effect.

Several Muggle-borns have tried to leave England, but a recent Ministry law has forbidden it. On an investigation of said law by the International Confederation of Wizards, it was discovered that all magical travel in and out of England has been closed down except for use by senior England Ministry officials.

France and Italy have pledged to save as many Muggle-borns and their families as possible via Muggle means. It is hoped that the English Ministry will not think of Muggle transportation - it is well known that unlike the rest of the wizarding world, England has yet to join the 21st century, although charms are in existence to allow Muggle technology to work within Hogwarts and similar places.

"Something's got to be done here!" Harry shouted.

"We've tried using our own Portkeys, but the users ended up straight in Azkaban, where they are now serving life sentences without trial, supposedly for trying to overthrow the English Ministry of Magic. My sister-in-law was one such person."

The final article Harry read was the interview Rita Skeeter did with Ron.

"That's a whole load of crap!" Harry shouted, "Does anyone who works for English papers check their facts? Lavender Brown was murdered by Slytherins weeks ago." Harry spent the next twenty minutes pointing out everything that was wrong with the article. After that, Harry was taken into the drawing room where Hermione and the rest of the Furlong family were waiting.

Over the next few hours, Harry and Hermione told the family in detail what they had seen. Mr. Furlong then explained to Hermione what had been going on.

"Harry - remember Julius told us about Merklyn giving the Prysmos knights staffs of magic. One of them included the power of decay. He must have brought that magic here with him and somehow Heinzl must have found it."

"Besides your Ministry, as far as I know, Heinzl visited the wand maker Ollivander. He was badly hurt and tried to warn people about Heinzl taking the ancient magic from the shop. We were able to save him before our people were expelled from the country. Your Ministry was going to silence him for trying to raise a panic. He told us that Merkyn's descendents had entrusted him with the Staffs of Power which were infused in a phoenix wand feather. Heinzl took the feather from a wand Ollivander had and put it in one of his own, then he cast a destruction spell on the shop."

"We've got to go back to England. We're going to be needed!" Hermione began, "and we need to let my parents and Sirius know we're alright."

"That will be difficult, Miss Granger. You are supposed to be dead. If they get an inking that you have come back from the dead, it could mean a lot of trouble. Magical travel to England is locked down thanks to your Ministry and to get there via Muggle means might be a bit tricky. We'll have to check things out. Hopefully we can get you back into England via airlines but you'll have to wait until our Ministry makes a decision about what to do about our citizens put into Azkaban."

Hermione had a brainwave. "Why not use the Channel Tunnel? With a few spells in the right spot, we can get Muggle-borns into the train and get them into France within hours before the Ministry finds out."

Someone then charged into the room carrying a newspaper. "Mr. Furlong - you'd better read this." He took the newspaper and read it.

"Oh crap! You had better read this," he said, passing it to Harry and Hermione.

MUGGLE-BORN REGISTRATION AND SECLUSION ACT APPROVED

It was announced by the English Ministry of Magic that the Muggle-born Registration and Seclusion Act, proposed a few years ago by the late Delores Umbridge was approved into law this morning.

All Muggle-born witches and wizards will be required to report to the Ministry where they will have to register themselves, all their family members, political leanings, financial and property assets. They will then be placed in one of six seclusion camps, where they will be held until further notice. Their wands will be confiscated and they will be subject to a power reading. Depending on the results of said reading, the witch or wizard will have their magic drained which will then be given to a Pureblood who bids the highest amount of money.

One part of the law which failed to pass the Wizengamot was a bylaw which would have had someone monitor the Hogwarts Magical Quill, which registers every witch and wizard born in England, then as a new Muggle-born witch or wizard was born, the child would be taken from their parents and put to death by Dementor's kiss. It was ruled that if this was done, the Muggles might start noticing things and investigations might lead to the discovery of our world.

"Who is the new Minister? None of the papers say?" asked Harry.

"I believe you know him - Lucius Malfoy."

Both Harry and Hermione were gobsmacked.

-

Back in England, the Ministry's plans were in full fruition. Two dozen Muggle-born students were arrested and sent to the interment camps within days of the announcement being made. The rest were making arrangements to either go into hiding or leave the country.

-

Two days later, people were listening to the wizarding wireless when an announcement was made.

"It has just been brought to our attention that Heinzl, the Dark Lord from the past is standing on the highest tower of Hogwarts and is threatening to destroy the castle if his demands are not met. Our reporter is at Hogwarts now."

A different voice could be heard. "Heinzl - I am Anthony Brickhill of the Wizarding Wireless Network. What are your demands?"

Heinzl could now be heard. "I want equal rights for Muggle-borns and I want the twenty-four Muggle-borns sent to the Ministry's death camps released at once!"

-

Lucius Malfoy could hear this in the wireless in the Minister's office. At once, he dispatched the Aurors.

"Tell them that they have full Avada Kedavra privileges. The one who kills him gets a ten-thousand galleon reward!" he shouted, "You (pointing to an Auror) - bring those Mudbloods to Hogwarts."

-

The Aurors followed by Lucius Malfoy stormed the Hogwarts gates. Not willing to get within feet of Heinzl on the tower, some decided to fire the killing curses from the ground while some decided to take to the skies on brooms.

"You think you can stop me?" Heinzl asked. The Aurors opened fire. Heinzl took out his wand and cast a spell. "The arrows turn, the swords repel, may nothing pierce this mortal shell!" Out of the wand came a green man with crystals instead of hair. Beams of light fired from his eyes and a bubble covered Heinzl as the killing curses were fired. All were absorbed by the bubble.

"YOU WERE WARNED!" Heinzl shouted, "Minster Malfoy - will you accept my terms or not?"

"NO!" Minister Malfoy shouted. The Aurors escorting the prisoners arrived. "If you do not surrender, then the Mudbloods will die."

"You will not get us with blackmail Minister!" Heinzl declared.

"Very well then - kill them," Malfoy ordered. The Aurors were hesitant. "Kill them or I'll have you and your families killed!"

"I'm so sorry," one of the Aurors said. One by one, the Aurors cast the killing curse. But only one fell to the ground dead before a flame appeared around the Muggle-borns. When the flames died down, it could be seen that all but the dead Muggle-born had vanished. Malfoy was furious.

"You've gone too far now!" Heinzl said, holding out his wand, "By Natures Hand, by craft, by arts, what once was one - now fly apart!" The wizard disapparated as a huge horned beast carrying a flaming sword appeared. The wizards present looked on in horror as the beast walked towards the school. It grabbed the Astronomy tower and crushed it. Then it swung its sword and destroyed another part of the castle. It then started to walk through a wall. Aurors fired killing curses at the creature but to no avail.

-

"Mr. Furlong, sir!" an aide said, running into the drawing room where everyone was seated.

"Roma, what did I ask you about running? Someone will get hurt," Mr. Furlong chastised. "Now, what's the matter?"

"I've just heard on the wireless - Heinzl has destroyed Hogwarts!" she shouted.

Everyone looked on in horror.

"That settles it," Harry declared. "First thing tomorrow morning, I'm going to climb Iron Mountain and see if Merklyn has left anything that can help us. Hermione, you get back to England and find your parents and get what Muggle-borns you can out of the country."

"We'll help the best we can, Harry. I'll come with you," Annabeth said. Harry made a motion to stop her but she interrupted. "I've been able to climb Iron Mountain, although never been able to get in. You'll need my help."

"Alright," Harry replied. "As soon as we find something - maybe I can get the ancient powers myself, being the heir of Merkyn, we'll meet you in England. Hermione - remember Julius mentioned that one of the powers included Light Speed. Be careful, Mine."

-

"That's Iron Mountain," Annabeth announced, pointing upwards to a nearby mountain, standing three hundred meters high. It had a winding path and at the top of it, was a stone circle. She led Harry to the path and they started walking.

"Did you manage to get into the mountain?" he asked.

"Once. But a few minutes after entering the mountain via one entrance had a passage blocked by metal panels which went up and down at a lightning speed. The second entrance led to a bridge made of snakes," she answered.

"I hate snakes," Harry said.

"What do you plan to do after this is all over?" Annabeth asked as they drank water from two bottles.

"We can't go back," Harry said, "With someone like Lucius Malfoy as Minister, Hermione and I won't be able to go back to our lives. We're still officially dead and Malfoy won't change that - we're too dangerous politically. I saw another alternative world - one where Voldemort had been vanqished and my parents are still alive, but he managed to kill my other self as an infant."

"Sounds like a nice world," Annabeth commented.

"It is. I was tempted to take Hermione and leave England to face Heinzl alone. While he has the right idea, he's going about it the wrong way with violence. Going along with the other worlds, it might end up with the Muggles discovering our world. Merklyn gave me the spell to go to the other world. He also gave me another spell which I could use if it came to it, but I'm too scared to think about it."

"Why? What is it about?" she asked.

"It's a spell which will get rid of magic altogether. All magic comes from a wizard of Prysmos. Merkyln was the most powerful wizard of them all. He gave me a spell which would turn everyone into either Muggles or Squibs, depending on your point of view. I don't want to use it but if it comes to it, I will before Hermione and I leave."

The two continued walking up the mountain.

"Harry - can I ask you something?" Annabeth asked. Harry nodded. "If anything happens to my family, can I come with you please?" Harry was unsure what to say. Luckily, they ended up outside two entrances so he didn't have to say anything. However, the path continued.

"Did you ever go up the rest of the path?" Annabeth nodded.

"There is some strange door at the end of the path, higher up, but I couldn't get in," she answered. She led the way up the mountain.

"I'll take you with us if anything happens to your family," Harry said. "If it goes well, maybe my parents will adopt you into the Potter family but if it doesn't and we end up in some other dimension, I'll adopt you into the family."

"Thank you," Annabeth replied.

An hour later, they made it to a big door. Harry looked at it. There was an inscription on it. It read: SPEAK YOUR NAME AND IF YOU ARE A FRIEND, YOU MAY ENTER.

Harry looked at the door in interest. "That's not a real door," he said, touching it. His hand seemed to vanish. Annabeth touched it and a force made her jump back. "Looks like something programmed to recognise either a friend or an heir, most likely an heir." He took her hand and walked towards the door. Before they even touched the door, they vanished.

The duo reappeared in a huge room. They were graced with shiny surfaces with minimum light; the main light source was from a huge cauldron in the centre of the room along with a huge shiny sphere above a chair at the far end of the room. Behind the cauldron was someone standing, wearing red clothing. The two teens walked towards the cauldron and the person turned around. He looked like a very elderly version of Harry with white hair to rival Dumbledore's. He was holding an orb in his right hand.

"Greetings Harry, son of James, Annabeth, daughter of Patrick," he said.

"Who are you?" Harry asked. Annabeth took her wand out of her pocket and aimed it at him.

"Put that down young lady," the man said. "You won't be needing it - I am Merklyn."

-

Please review. Thank you to those who have.

-->