Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Dark Menace by Tazer
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Dark Menace

Tazer


Disclaimer: The characters of this fiction are borrowed and used as a tribute to the wonderful world created by J.K. Rowling. They're not mine, never were and never will be. No money is being made on this either.


Author's notes. This took a little longer than I figured to get up. Unfortunately, quite many 'must do' things always get's in the way. But here it is. Hope you will enjoy it. And thank you those who reviewed.


*************************************************


Daily Prophet
August 1:st

HARRY POTTER RACED TO HOSPITAL.

Harry Potter, The Boy-Who-Lived, collapsed yesterday in his muggle-home. The Ministry office of Improper Use Of Magic had received an Intelligence report that illegal magic were once again performed from Harry Potter's residence, therefore Ministry representatives were sent to investigate. The-Boy-Who-Lived were found unconscious on the floor, and was immediately brought to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. Harry Potter's legal Guardian, Vernon Dursley, were quite reluctant to the representative, but explained that his nephew had been under quite some stress lately, and had received a letter that caused him to as Mr. Dursley described it; explode, which resulted in Mr. Potter's collapse. More information will follow…


**************************************************

Daily Prophet
August 2:ond

HARRY POTTER UNCONSCIOUS IN HOSPITAL.

After with some difficulty, the representative from the Ministry of Magic managed to receive information from Harry Potter's uncle Vernon Dursley, a muggle, that The Boy-Who-Lived is suffering from Stress-related nervous disorder. Apparently Harry Potter has recently visited a muggle psychiatrist because of Mr. Potter had gone into tantrums from time to time. It is obvious that Harry Potter couldn't handle the return of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named properly, and this pressure had almost caused a stroke of Aneurysm in our young hero. Harry Potter is currently still unconscious in hospital with no word of his progress. He is not allowed any visits, which Arthur Wesley, member of the department of Misuse of Muggle Artefacts, and his wife Molly experienced. They did not want to make any comments to our reporter, except for telling him to lay off Harry Potter's case. The poor boy had suffered enough.
Meanwhile the Boy-Who-Lived is under investigation after another case of Misuse of Magic. It is a question if he's allowed to return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.


****************************************************


Daily Prophet
August 3:d

HARRY POTTER STILL UNCONSCIOUS.

Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, is still unconscious after his collapse three days ago. As our reporter still has not received word on his progress, the Daily Prophet can report that Harry Potter is cleared from his recent misuse of magic. Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, had forwarded to his fellow members of the Wizengamot court that under high pressure of stress, no human being is in control of his or hers own senses. The magic that Harry Potter used which destroyed all brittle artefacts owned by his relatives was conjured from his sudden attack of highly amounted tense and anxiety, which resulted in his collapse. Two members of the Accidental Magic Reversal department repaired all belongings to Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, although Mr. and Mrs. Dursley didn't seem too happy about it. We must remember that Muggles isn't that comfortable around wizards.


********************************************************

Daily Prophet
August 4:th

HARRY POTTER MISSING!

Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, was nowhere to be found in St. Mungo's Hospital this morning. When the nurse came in, the bed was empty, and a search was conducted immediately. It seems unlikely that Harry Potter had walked out by himself, because until yesterday, he was still unconscious. Representatives from the ministry cannot exclude that a crime may have been committed, and they promise that they will do all in their power to find him.


Harry threw away the papers with a snort. No crime has been committed, 'cause Harry had walked out by his own in the middle of the night. He understood when he'd waked up almost two days ago that he was in hospital, and that attention was something he could live without. Therefore he checked out himself and managed to get himself to the Leaky Cauldron where he'd taken refugee in a room. It probably wasn't the best decision he's ever made, he was still ill, but he didn't want to lie there looking weak and have a lot of people over-concerning themselves over him. Of course, with the Ministry looking for him, he brought the unwanted attention to himself anyway. He sighed and grinded the Worry-balls he thankfully still had with him. At least Tom, the barkeeper wouldn't say anything to anyone about him being there. Harry wanted nothing else then just be alone.

He looked up at Hedwig that sat on top of the wardrobe. She'd come back the day before, (how she knew where to find him, Harry didn't know), but to Harry's disappointment, she brought no reply back from Cho. Harry watched himself not to blame it on Hedwig though, he didn't want to take out any more frustration on her, she was the only friend Harry felt he had left right now. Someone knocking on the door then interrupted Harry's sullen thoughts.

'Open up Mr. Potter. I know you're in there.' The voice was female.
'Who's 'I' then?' Harry called back.
'It's me. Tonks.'
'Tonks who?'
'Nymphadora Tonks. Happy?' The voice grew into an uncomfortable tone, just as Harry had expected. He'd met Tonks the first time last year, and he'd learned that she hated that name. Harry also remembered that she was an Auror, and that wasn't anyone he'd like to talk to right now, but he didn't have much of a choice anymore. He walked over to the door and opened it. Nymphadora Tonks was a young witch that was born a Metamorphmagus, a wizard who could change his or her appearance at will. Her spiky hair was of the colour of Lime green. It didn't suit her at all.

'Who rat on me?' Harry asked as soon as he'd opened the door.
'It wasn't a 'rat'.' Tonks answered. 'More like an owl.' Harry turned his head to Hedwig.
'It was not intentionally.' Tonks then said. 'But that snow-white owl of yours is quite known among those who has enough information about you. Someone saw her fly in here yesterday and reported it. Then some of my Auror colleagues hung around downstairs for a while and concluded that you were here.'
'Good for you.' Harry muttered and motioned her to come in.
'I suppose I don't need to tell you that it was really stupid of you to leave the Hospital?' Tonks said as she closed the door.

'Well, I'm really sorry if I caused you all an alarm,' Harry said, not being sorry at all. '-but I'm tired of having every single person hanging on my case and trying to control my life. Do you have the slightest idea how annoying it is of not being anonymous? Everyone is trying to get to know everything about me and everyone expect me to be their saviour. "Harry will save us. Harry will defeat Voldemort."' (Tonks shivered from hearing the name.) 'But when I'm not around to save them, they accuse me of being selfish and in a striving need of attention, or being a glory-hugger. I felt trapped in that Hospital, Tonks. I had to get away from there, or I'd would be overwhelmed by all kinds of people.'
'If it was privacy you wanted, all you had to do was to ask for it from the Hospital staff.' Tonks said.
'Somehow I doubt it would be enough.' Harry muttered.

'Well, judging from your friend Hermione Granger I suppose it wouldn't.' Tonks said amused. 'You know, she was ready to hex everyone there that was standing in her way to stop her from seeing you on your third day in bed.'
'Why'd she bother?' Harry thought silently to himself. 'She's together with Ron now…'
'Anyway,' Tonks continued. '-it would be best for you to return to the hospital.'
'I'm fine.' Harry said grumpily. 'All I need is some rest.'
'Harry, stress-related nervous disorder isn't anything to just shove aside…'
'Spare me, Tonks. I had enough of that from my psychiatrist…'
'Has it not occurred to you that he may be right? You already had one collapse, when will you have the next one? If you don't let the doctor's treat you, You-Know-Who may not have to bother killing you.'

Harry grinded his balls once again. How dare this annoying woman come here telling him what he should do? 'Tonks, you're not my mother!'
'Well then, maybe I should call…'
'And don't bother calling the Weasley's either.'
'I was thinking of calling Remus Lupin if you'd please let me finish. He knows how close you were to Sirius Black, and he's really concerned about you. Don't forget, he was as close to your father James Potter as much as your godfather Sirius was.'
'If you don't want me to have another collapse, then don't mention Sirius's name.' Harry said, grinding his balls a little harder. His godfather's death still hurt…

'Go back to hospital.' Tonks argued.
'NO!' Harry argued back.
'Harry, I'm not your enemy…'
'Oh no? Right now, you're here on an official business for the ministry, not the You-Know-What!' Harry was referring to the Order of the Phoenix, where Tonks is a secret member. 'As far as I'm concerned, the ministry is my enemy just as much as Voldemort!' (Tonks shivered again.) 'This whole year, that fool Minister Fudge has worked against me, working to have me expelled, using that frog-faced hag Dolores Umbridge as his tool! All right, he's confessed that Voldemort is back, but that doesn't gain him or the ministry my trust again!'

'Are you finished?' Tonks asked Harry who was panting from his outburst. 'First of all: I'm here on an official business for the ministry, yes! But unofficially I'm also here for You-Know-What. Dumbledore is also very concerned for you, and that's why he asked me to be the one who took contact with you, to try to talk you into reason. Any other Wizard would simply have put a restraining order on you to drag you back rather than talk.'
'I hear that I'm still being followed by Dumbledore.' Harry stated.
'His concerned for your health, Harry!'
'Then why won't he let me get out from the Dursley's? They're partly cause of my health-problems!'
'That's not my place to discuss with you.' Tonks answered slightly irritated with the teenager.
'Then we have nothing to discuss. I'm staying here.'

'Fine! At least I tried.' Tonks turned to the door to leave. 'But I will send Remus Lupin here to talk with you, however you like it or not!' and then she left, without saying goodbye. Harry went to lie down; his blood pressure had risen to a high level again. He needed to be careful, or Tonks would be proven right. Voldemort wouldn't have to bother to kill him.


********************************************************************************************************************


Remus Lupin did show up the next day. He looked as ragged and worn with premature greying hair as usual, thanks to his condition of being a werewolf. But he wore a friendly smile, and Harry was grateful that after Lupin had asked him how he felt, and Harry had answered 'Fine', he didn't press the matter any further. Harry was surprised to see that Lupin had brought all of Harry's Hogwarts-belongings that had been left behind at the Dursley's after him being brought to Hospital.

'You can't go back to school without your wand and books, can you?' Lupin said with a smile. 'Your uncle wasn't all that happy with letting me in to collect this, but I managed after I assured him that the Wizard-world wouldn't bother them again afterwards. Your cousin isn't that happy though. Now that you're gone, he has to do most of the work your uncle promised his neighbours that you would do for them.'
Harry laughed at this, and that felt good. It had been too long since Harry had been able to laugh. After that, Harry and Lupin went out to stroll around Diagon Alley. They didn't do much other than mostly talked, they talked about everything. Harry confessed to Lupin that he felt lighter at heart having been able to share all of his problems with him when they sat and ate lunch.

'I was there for your father whenever he had problems.' Lupin explained. 'It's only natural that I can be around to help his son out of his misery.'
'I can't help to wonder how my life could have been, hadn't it been for this scar Voldemort gave me. It's not easy looking around seeing everyone else without any problems in the world at all. They have parents they can turn to, and they have a future before them.' Harry sighed. 'I don't know anymore what my destiny is, thanks to this prophecy about Voldemort and me. One of us must die… and I don't think that I will ever be ready to take up that battle.'

'I can never give you any true comfort about that Harry, but I know that when the time comes, you will be ready. Deep down you've always been ready, otherwise you wouldn't be alive still.' Lupin said.
'But the whole world is depending on me… and he is much more powerful…' Harry felt a slight tension building up inside him again. 'I'm ashamed to say it but… I'm scared.' And to think; he'd told Dr. McSwan that he wasn't.
'Don't.'
'Don't what?'
'Don't be ashamed of being scared. You have every right to be.'
Harry sat silenced for a moment before he raised his next question. 'What do you believe my chances are?'
'I'll tell you one thing Harry, that whatever the outcome will be; Voldemort will regret the day he marked you as his equal.' It wasn't a straight answer, but Harry smiled anyway.

Harry stayed in his room catching up with the homework he'd got over the summer, while Lupin went out to buy all the school-supplies Harry needed for his next year. When he came back, Lupin brought up a new subject.
'You know, you don't have to stay here. I'm sure the Weasley's are willing to take you in until its time to board the train. They're very concerned for you.'
'Well, if you meet them, tell them that I'm all right and they do not need to be. It's just that…' Harry searched for the right words… '…I really need some time for myself right now.' The truth was that he had no desire to watch Ron and Hermione making out with each other. He was as left out as it was, and he didn't want to be reminded of it. It was tough enough that both of them were Prefects. 'Just don't tell them where I am.' Harry concluded.

Lupin accepted this and was prepared to leave, but before he could go, Harry raised another question.
'Isn't there any way for you to come back as our Defence Against Dark Arts teacher?'
'Sadly, not everybody has such great faith in me as you do, Harry.' Lupin said smiling. 'No one trusts a man who's at the same time is some kind of monster…'
'But you're no monster!' Harry argued. 'You're just… cursed.'
'That doesn't make any difference, I'm afraid.' Lupin answered and Harry gave up.
'Do you have any idea who's going to be our next DADA teacher?' he asked instead.
'I have no idea. Everybody seems quite reluctant taking up that job.'

'Everybody except Snape.' Harry said, shivering from the thought. Having Snape teaching Defence Against Dark Arts was not appealing.
'Better him than your last one, don't you think?' Lupin said amused. Harry found that he couldn't answer that question. Snape or Umbridge? Both of them shared the first place on his hate list. 'Don't hesitate to owl me if you want something, Harry. Have a good year.' And then Lupin was gone.


********************************************************************************************************************


Had Harry hoped to not be discovered by the Weasley family, he quickly learned that it was too much to hope for. The next day as he sat outside Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour, none other than Fred and George Weasley approached him. Harry couldn't believe that he'd forgotten that the twins had opened their joke-shop: Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes here in Diagon Alley.
'Harry, old buddy. How are you?' Fred (or was it George?) asked.
'Seriously pal, you had us all worried.' George (or was it Fred?) said. Harry felt his stomach tighten. The word 'seriously' sounded too much like 'Sirius', and that gave him an ache.

'Don't worry about me, guys. I'm fine.' Harry said neutrally.
'You know, Mum was ready to climb the walls when we read about your collapse.' Fred said.
'She as good as reached the ceiling when you walked out from the hospital.' George said.
''Oh, the poor boy. Everything just seem to happen to him!'' Fred said mimicking Mrs. Weasley's voice.
''He walked out from the Hospital? What is that boy thinking?'' George said, taking up the same act as his brother.

Harry felt guilty. Molly Weasley had been one of the few persons who had been very kind to him, and had sometimes acted as a surrogate mother. He cursed himself for taking up on his impulsive thinking without giving a second thought about the consequences, something that he'd been doing a lot lately. He made a mental note to contact her later and sort matters out.
'So, what are you guys doing outside your shop?' Harry asked the twins, just so he could change the subject. 'Isn't business going well?'
'Oh, we're just closed for lunch.' Fred (or was it George?) said.
'And as for business, we haven't exactly been totally discovered yet.' George (or was it Fred?) went on.

'Thankfully we make enough so it goes around.' Fred said.
'And we have plans to set in motion so that we can increase our profit.' George said with a strange glint in his eyes.
'I'm almost afraid to ask what those plans are.' Harry said.
'Hey, trust us Harry.' We're not thinking of anything bad.' Fred said.
'Absolutely not.' George added. 'Chocolate, Harry?' George held out a box of chocolates.
'Thanks, guys.' Harry said and reached for one before a thought hit him and he pulled his hand back as if he'd suddenly been burned. 'Wait a minute. Exactly what is the prank with those?' he asked remembering the Ton-Tongue Toffee the twins had 'presented' to his cousin Dudley, whose tongue had became swollen and long.

'Oh, nothing.' Said Fred looking quite innocent.
'They're quite normal…' George added.
'Well, most of them are normal…' Fred said.
'Perhaps half of them…' George said.
'The other's on the other hand…' Fred said.
'May be slightly different…' George said.
''Slightly'?' Harry asked suspiciously.

'Well, they're not like the Canary Creams…' Fred said.
'No effects of complete transformations…' George said.
'More embarrassing effects maybe…' Fred said looking amused.
'That will give quite a laugh…' George said, smiling.
'Like?' Harry asked.
'One will make you bray like a Donkey…' Fred said.
'Or hoot like an Owl.' George said.
'Suddenly you'll start burping every time you want to say something.'
'Or make funny noises with a Pigs nose…'

'You'll find yourself with dog-ears.' Fred said, beginning to grin.
'Your hair is on fire. (Harmless of course.)' George said, grinning even more.
'You can see a lot of things with a neck as tall as a giraffe.' Fred said, holding back a laugh.
'Suddenly you'll find yourself standing in a dress if you're a man…' George said with great difficult.
'Or in a lounge-suit with an ugly tie if you're a woman.'
'But if you're really unlucky…'
'You'll find yourself standing in your underwear!' both said in unison, howling in laughter.

Harry shook his head at the two twin's crazy ideas. 'So which one's are safe and which are altered?'
'Well, that's part of the game…' Fred said, wiping a tear from his eye.
'We don't know!' George exclaimed happily.
'The Kentucky family's twenty-fifth-anniversary banquet is going to be a real big blast this year…'
'Everyone will want to have this box of Chocolate Party-Bonkers next time a boring feast comes to subject.'
'I must remember never to invite you to a party then.' Harry said, but was smiling as well.

Harry accompanied the Weasley twins back to their shop so that he could use their fireplace to have a talk with Mrs. Weasley. To his great relief, she was quite easy to talk with after he'd assured her that he was quite all right. He respectfully declined though to come and stay at the Burrow, 'cause he needed time to himself after Sirius' death to work out on his own. He didn't speak with either Ron or Hermione, cause they were down at the village together with Ginny at that time. Harry thought it was just as well; he could talk to them when they'd come to Diagon Alley themselves the next day. He bid the twins goodbye afterwards, but not before they'd managed to trick him to eat one of the Chocolate Party-Bonkers. Harry left the Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes shop with bubbles coming out of his ears, while the twins wriggled in laughter on the floor.


********************************************************************************************************************


Harry was again sitting outside Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour the next day, waiting for Ron, Hermione and Ginny to show up. He was concentrating on keeping such a neutral state as possible, even though he couldn't help feeling slightly irritated with his friends. In the same time, he couldn't understand why he felt the irritation of Ron being together with Hermione. After all, it was their life, and he really had nothing to say about it. He decided again that it was because of that he felt left out, but he knew that he had to give this new situation a chance. Maybe he would find that not much would change anyway, but the doubts that nagged his mind just wouldn't leave him.

'Hello, Harry.' He heard a soft voice behind him. He turned around to greet his friends with a 'Hi.' but it wasn't the one's he expected. It was Cho Chang.
'Oh. H-hello Cho.' Harry felt a little nervous of the girl's blushing smile, since they couldn't quite get along the last time they saw each other.
'I… read about your collapse. Are you okay?' Cho asked carefully.
'It's really nothing to worry about. It was after-effects of my extremely hard year that we'd just passed, it became too much for me. But I'm fine now. Er… would you like to sit down?' Harry held out a chair.
'Thank you, Harry.' She said and took a seat. 'I… wanted to thank you… for the letter you sent me. It really lifted a great weight from my heart.'

'And I wanted to apologize for how I treated you during our first date. I didn't realise how much you were hurting inside.' Harry said softly.
'But you do now, don't you?' Cho said hopefully. 'I mean… it really must feel terrible losing your godfather like that… Oh, m-maybe I shouldn't have brought that up.'
'It's okay. Really. I'm dealing with it, and the best way to do it is by talking about it instead of hiding it.'
'Then you do know how I felt?'
'I do. And I'm really really sorry.' Harry said with full honest.

Harry ordered two ice creams for both of them as they sat and talked. They found it much easier to talk with each other now when they'd reached a full understanding between themselves. Harry found his old feelings for Cho coming back, and he wondered how she felt for him. He found her smile intoxicating, and her now calm expression made her quite beautiful.
'Marietta isn't coming back.' She suddenly said.
'Uuh… why not?' Harry involuntarily tensed. He'd been dreading the talk about her curly-haired friend Marietta Edgecombe who had exposed the DA-group to Professor Umbridge and Minister Fudge. For that, her face had been disfigured with pustules that formed the word 'SNEAK', after a spell conjured by Hermione.

'Well… she's finally got rid of those horrible pimples, but she's really ashamed. It was her mother who persuaded her to report us to Umbridge, because she was one of those who sided against Dumbledore… but after how badly that horrible woman still treated her, Marietta wanted nothing more to do with it. And she doesn't want to return to school after this whole incident…'
'It's all because of Professor Umbridge.' Harry said. 'Had she kept out of the school's business, then none of it would've happened…'
'Well, I suppose so…' Cho said. Harry was waiting for her to send him some scowls about Hermione about her jinxing, but it never came. Harry was still sure though that she was still angry about it.

'It is now your final school-year.' Harry said to break the silence. 'How does it feel?'
'Exciting, scary and pity. I'll be a fully acknowledged witch after this, that's the exciting part. The scary part is the responsibility I now will have to take. And I feel pity of having to leave the school… it feels like home, doesn't it?'
'I know exactly what you mean. Hogwarts has been more of a home to me than anything else.'
'I only wish that I didn't have to face it alone.' Cho said with a sigh.
'Surely you're not alone?' Harry asked. 'You must have plenty of friends that'll support you? Like Michael Corner?' Harry remembered Ginny telling him that Cho was seeing him now. But Cho only laughed softly.

'Corner's nice, but he's not my type.' Cho then gave him a furtive look. 'Do you remember… our first kiss?'
'Yes.' Said Harry. It was wet. And that was because she was crying by that time, but he didn't say it out loud. 'It was… interesting.'
'Only Interesting?' Cho said looking a little disappointed.
'It was my very first kiss.' Harry quickly said. 'I have nothing to compare it with.'
'Oh. Well… let's try again.' Cho bent over the table and before Harry could stop her, she had planted her lips to his. After a few seconds she pulled away, blushing. Harry was certain he was blushing even more. 'Oh, wow.' He whispered.

'How was that one?' Cho asked still blushing hard.
It was a definite improvement. He thought since she wasn't crying this time. 'It was… amazing.' He said stammering. Cho looked a lot happier.
'I… I meant what I said… you know? Before Christmas… when we kissed the first time?'
'When you said that you really liked me?' Harry asked breathlessly. Cho nodded. 'Yes, I remember. And I'm flattered. I… I like you too. Very much.'
'But… what about Hermione?' she asked slowly.
'There's nothing between her and me. And won't ever be. She's just got together with Ron.'

'Really?' Cho brightened up. 'Then… do you think that… there'll ever be a chance… You know… between us?'
'If you want to… I'd like…' Harry summoned all the courage he could muster. 'I'd like… to give it a shot. If you want to?'
'I would love to.' Cho whispered.
Harry took a seat right beside Cho and cupped his hands under her chins. Ignoring the people around him, ignoring the heavy pounding in his heart, he bent forward and kissed her. He felt really excited as she surrendered to it and began to kiss him back.
Maybe this school year won't turn out so bad after all!


********************************************************************************************************************


Ginny, Ron and Hermione was working their way through the crowd of people, keeping their eyes peeled looking for their friend. They had all felt quite annoyed at their own bad timing to go down to the village and totally missing Harry calling the Burrow. They'd been worried about him ever since they heard of his collapse and was hoping that they would be able to catch up some time with him now that they knew that he was staying at the Leaky Cauldron. He hadn't been there when they'd looked for him, but they were hoping to find him at the Ice-cream Parlour.

'Where in the world could he be?' Ron asked slightly irritated of the crowd.
'Will you calm down, Ron?' Ginny exclaimed to her brother. 'He knows that we are looking for him, so he won't go anywhere. At least I don't think so.'
Hermione didn't say anything. She was in a world of her own. Not only was she extremely worried for Harry about his collapse, but she also wondered how he'd like the birthday-gift she'd given him. She was afraid that he hadn't liked it, 'cause it maybe had been a little too personal. She was jerked back to reality though when she heard people around them speaking between themselves.

'It was Harry Potter, wasn't it?'
'Sure looked liked him.'
'Not so hard to believe, though…'
'Bound to happen someday…'

The three of them stopped as they heard this. They exchanged worried looks between themselves. Had something happened? Had Harry collapsed again? The people continued they're chattering:

'Who'd do you think it is?'
'Looked quite pretty…'
'They shouldn't do it in the open though. Once the Daily Prophet finds out, they'll be over them in seconds.'
'They really should leave him alone. He's been through some tough time…'
'Well, that girl will probably cheer him up quite a bit…'
'They really looked cute together…'
'Oh, all the rest of the girls are really going to be disappointed now that the Boy-Who-Lived is taken.'

Ron and Ginny looked at each other quite bewildered. Hermione looked shocked.
'Girl?' Ron asked.
'Looked cute together?' Ginny asked.
'The Boy-Who-Lived is taken?' Ron asked.
'What's going on here?' Ginny asked. She threw a glance at Hermione who was wide-eyed and speechless. The three friends walked up to the corner and were about to turn around it when Ron stopped the girls.
'I don't believe it!' Ron exclaimed.
'What? What is it?' Ginny asked.
'It's Harry. He's sitting outside the Parlour… He's kissing a Girl!'

'You're joking!' Ginny said with a surprised look on her face.
'No, I swear. I think we should leave them alone.' Hermione then pushed by them to look for herself. Her jaw dropped.
'It's… its Cho Chang!' Hermione gasped.
'But… hadn't he gotten over her?' Ginny asked in a low tone.
'I guess we were wrong. C'mon, we'll leave them alone. Let's do our shopping.' Ron said and turned his heel.
Ginny didn't move. She gave a very worried look to her friend who had tears in her eyes.


Author's Notes: So what's going on? Is Hermione together with Ron or not? Please arm yourself with patience, all will be revealed in the future.