Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Dark Menace by Tazer
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Dark Menace

Tazer


Disclaimer: The characters of this fiction are borrowed and used as a tribute to the wonderful world created by J.K. Rowling. They're not mine, never were and never will be. No money is being made on this either.


***************************************


There was a mixed set of emotions on almost every student the next day as Harry came down to the Great Hall to eat breakfast. Most of them were looking very tired from their first day back at school, others had other things they dwelled on, Harry couldn't figure out what. And frankly, this morning he didn't care. He felt way too good to let his mode be ruined by other people's problems. Anyone who looked at him would've thought he'd won the Quidditch Cup again.

'Good morning Guys.' Harry said with a glee as he sat down beside Ron. 'Thanks for letting me sleep in for a while.'
'Well, I thought you'd need it.' Ron answered gloomily. 'You did after all come back quite late last night. As a Prefect, I really should report you.'
'You came back late?' Ginny, who were sitting beside Hermione again, asked. 'Where were you?'
'Just… strolling around.' Harry said, trying to hide the truth. He was not about to spill to anybody about the wonderful moment he'd shared with Cho the evening before. He could still taste her on his lips.
'As a Prefect myself, I have to remind you that you are not allowed to stroll around after curfew.' Ginny said sternly. 'So where were you?'
'Give him a break Ginny.' Ron scolded his sister. 'He was out with Cho.'
'Oh.' Ginny went back to her breakfast with an odd expression on her face.

'Why don't you broadcast it Ron?' Harry asked. Normally he would've been a little disturbed over Ron's recklessness, but today he was to happy to be bothered by it.
'Sorry.' Ron answered quietly.
'Well, what's eating you this lovely morning?' Harry asked his friend, who looked quite sour. Then he glanced over at Hermione, who looked quite worn down. 'Hey, what's with you guys?'
'Nothing.' Hermione answered quietly. 'I just didn't sleep so well this night.'
'Are you feeling okay, Hermione?' Harry asked a little worriedly. She looked a bit pale. 'Maybe you should look up Madam Pomfrey…'
'It's okay Harry. Nothing I can't handle. It's just…' She was silent for a few seconds before she said: 'It's my time of the month. You know how women gets then, don't you?'
'Oh… okay.' Harry was unsure of if she was telling him the truth or not, but he thought it best not to press her any more on it. 'Very well. What about you then Ron? Your time of the month too?'

'Very funny Harry. I'm feeling down 'cause we got Potions first thing today. With Snape and the Slytherins!' Ron said dejectedly.
'Ah, of course.' Said Harry, understanding Ron's mode. Potions were after all his least favourite lesson and Professor Snape was the one teacher he disliked the most.
'And then we got History of Magic.' Ron continued to grumble. 'And after lunch: the whole afternoon of Defence Against the Dark Arts, with the Slytherins! And Malfoy's Uncle.'
That did it. Now Harry was beginning to feel a little down as well. He was not looking forward to the experience of being taught by one of the members of the Malfoy family.
'I hope it won't turn out all that bad.' Neville Longbottom, who was sitting on Ginny's other side, then addressed them. 'Y'know… he does look a bit creepy, don't you think?' he said lowering his voice, motioning his head towards the staff table. Vladislav Malfoy sat straight up at the end of the table, talking to Professor Vector. Harry got the creepy feeling that even though they were unmoving, his cold lifeless eyes was all over the Hall, as if he had a 360 degree of eye-vision.

'Where's Krum then?' Harry asked just to have a reason to divert his eyes from the weird teacher.
'Sitting at the Slytherin table.' Hermione answered. 'He's a guest in their house while he's here. From what we Prefects heard: he will be attending any classes as he pleases when his master does not need him.'
Harry looked over his shoulder to gaze at the Slytherin table. He spotted Krum, who seemed to be in a deep conversation with Draco Malfoy. 'They sure seem to get along.' Harry said.
'That's something that also bothers me.' Ron said. 'If he's getting along best with Malfoy, it'll be our classes he will attend!'
It would also mean that he'd had a chance to get close to Hermione once more. Yes, Harry understood why Ron was so depressed. He was afraid to lose his girlfriend to the Bulgarian Quidditch-player. But still, Harry was sure that Ron had nothing to worry about. Unless he took out his frustration on her and in that way drive her away. Harry made a mental note to talk to Ron about it later.


********************************************************************************************************************


Harry had a nasty twirl in his stomach as he entered the dungeons were Snape were teaching Potions. Harry wouldn't even be attending here anymore hadn't it been for Professor McGonagall talking Snape into accepting him. Harry knew that the Potions-teacher was not going to be nice to either him or Ron for this.
It was quite strange to be taking seats in class this year, there were only four Gryffindors left: himself, Ron, Hermione and Seamus Finnigan. The rest of his sixth-year mates had not been accepted into the NEWT-level of Potions. (Harry remembered Neville Longbottom being overjoyed at this. When they parted from the table, Neville had told them that he didn't envy them for the class. As for himself: he was free, never having to face Snape again. Harry envied him.) Now, there were new faces in the class, because those from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff who also passed the exams had joined them. He recognised the Hufflepuff Prefect Hannah Abbot and Justin Finch-Fletchley. From Ravenclaw there was the Prefect Anthony Goldstein, Terry Boot, Mandy Brocklehurst and Sally-Anne Perks.

To Harry's dismay, Draco Malfoy was still in Potions, although his two cronies Crabbe and Goyle were not. Pansy Parkinson was also still there, together with Blaise Zabini and the stringy Slytherin boy, Nott, whom Harry remembered was able to see the Thestrals. To Ron's dismay, Victor Krum was indeed there. But he made no sound; he just sat still and waited.
With a loud 'bang', Snape strode through the door into the classroom and marched straight up to his desk. Once there, he surveyed the class and snorted.
'So this is the sorry bunch that I have to put up with for another two years!' he said, sounding disgusted. He then took the register, checking so that no unauthorized student had for some reason snuck into the class. Once he'd confirmed the attendants, ignoring Krum, he rolled it up and began to pace between the students as he spoke:

'NEWT level: Nasty Exhausting Wizarding Test is far more advanced than any of the Ordinary Wizard Level you've been doing thus far.' He said in his low silky voice that sent chills up most of the people's spines. 'You may have been skilled enough to reach this class, but I doubt that many of you reached it by your own standards. Some of you reached this level by pure luck, or maybe by copying someone else's notes…' Snape had past the Slytherins and Ravenclaws and was now walking towards the Hufflepuffs and Gryfindors. 'I'll guarantee you: this year your luck has run out, which means that many of you doesn't have what it takes to make it through this level of studies. Some of you doesn't even belong in this classroom to begin with, especially not you,-' He slapped the rolled parchment over Harry's shoulder as he passed behind him. (Harry refused to flinch.) '…nor you!' Snape passed by Hermione and did the same to Ron as he did to Harry. (Ron grimaced.) Malfoy smirked at them.

'If you are smart enough, which I sincerely doubt,' Snape continued as he walked back towards his desk. '…you'll give up this silly imagination that you can accomplish any tasks here and walk out of this classroom to do something more worthwhile. If you choose to stay though, then be very prepared to suffer my… displeasure.'
'Hear that, Granger?' Pansy Parkinson called. 'It means that if you're smart enough, you'll leave. Since you're suppose to be the smart one, shouldn't you pick up your books and bless us with your absence?' she said mockingly.
'Miss Parkinson, for someone who just barely scored the necessary marks to attend this class, I think you had better to shut up.' Snape then to everybody's surprise said. Pansy looked shocked. It wasn't usual to hear Snape scold a student from his own house, especially in favour for another.

'So… is there anyone here who perhaps have trouble with… nightmares?' Snape asked the whole class, but threw a glance at Harry. 'If you do, then it lies in your own comfort to pay good attention. Today we will practice the potion of Dreamless Sleep, which will if done correctly, give its drinker a good nights rest. However, if its incorrectly done, it will give hallucinations and restlessness, and that certainly won't aid you in your classes.'
Snape flicked his wand and the receipt for the potion appeared on the blackboard. 'As usual you'll find all the necessary ingredients in the cabinet. Get to work.'
Harry remembered the potion of Dreamless sleep. He'd had to take it himself right after the Tri-Wizard tournament in his fourth year when Lord Voldemort resurrected. He recalled it as a purple fluid, but he didn't remember how it tasted like.

The students worked over their own cauldrons, but as Harry put ingredient after ingredient in it, double-checking what he was doing, he became more nervous as each minute passed by. The finished potion was supposed to be as floating as water, but the result Harry got was a red-blue mud-like substance. Harry relaxed though when he saw that Hermione's result looked exactly the same as his. As they went into the second hour of their double-lesson, they did something they'd never done before, and Harry now got the use of one of the new strange items Remus Lupin had bought for him in Diagon Alley. The object he was to use looked something like a big funnel, but its pipe was bent about 100 degrees to the side. He put it upside down over his cauldron like a lid as instructed, and a bottle was placed under the tip of the pipe, which now pointed down towards the table. As per further instructions, he increased the heat in the cauldron to vaporize the content, separating the fluid from the 'mud'. The steam could only travel through the pipe of the funnel. During its journey, it quickly chilled down due to the exposure of the cold dungeon, once again becoming fluid that was now dripping out from the pipe down into Harry's bottle. A dark, purple fluid.

At the end of the lesson, Snape addressed the class again. 'You should have enough. Seal your bottles and label it with your names and put them in the cabinet. The potion must ferment for three days before it can be diluted with water and be ready to use.'
Everyone did this and then they cleared up the mess they'd left behind. Hermione did a flick with her wand, muttering: 'Evanesco.' to make the worthless leftover in hers, Ron's and Harry's cauldrons disappear. Before the students could leave, Snape held them back with one more thing to say:
'I want you all to come back here the evening before your lesson next week to pick up your potions for testing.' He ordered. The students looked horrified.
'Y-you mean that… we're suppose to test them ourselves?' Terry Boot asked.
'That's right.' Snape said with a hint of humour. 'Have you put enough mind to it; you should have nothing to worry about. Otherwise…' Snape sneered. 'I'll see which one's who hasn't been able to sleep that night in the morning. Now get out of here.'

Ron was really worried as they walked to their lesson of History of Magic.
'My potion was dark blue, not purple. I won't drink it!' he said.
'I have a feeling Snape has ways to find out if you took it or not.' Hermione answered him. Ron looked panic-stricken.
Their next lesson made them forget about their potions though; History of Magic was as dull as ever with their ghost-teacher Professor Binns reading with a dry, wheezy voice. After ten minutes, nearly everybody had fallen asleep over their books as Binns read aloud about the Cornish pixies infestation in Ireland 700 years ago. (A wizard-traveller had foolishly enough thought of importing them from Cornwall. They had fled, bred and spread all over the country causing havoc.) When the lesson was finally over it was almost time for lunch. The three friends were heading to the Great Hall when they heard a commotion from one of the side-corridors.

'Give it back! It's mine!' a young boy's voice was heard.
'A fourth-year running around pretending to be a Prefect?' the voice belonged to Draco Malfoy. 'I'll confiscate this. And you can be sure that I'll talk to your head of house to give you detention.'
'What's going on here?' asked Hermione as she, Ron and Harry approached them. Draco and Pansy Parkinson, along with Crabbe and Goyle had pinned a fourth-year Ravenclaw student to the wall. Krum was there too, but he stod out of the way being passive.
'Prefect business, Granger. Stay out of it!' snapped Pansy.
'We're prefects too, Parkinson.' Said Ron harshly. 'We don't have to stay out of it.'
'He stole my badge!' the boy spoke up.
'What badge?' Hermione asked.
'He pretends to be a prefect.' Malfoy snapped. 'I'm reporting him.'
'I'm doing no such thing!' the boy retorted.

'You stay right there, Malfoy!' Hermione commanded as the four Slytherins were turning to leave. 'Let me see that badge!'
'Why would I?' Malfoy challenged.
'Because there's absolutely no way this boy could get a hand on a Prefect badge, and I just happen to know you too well. You take any chance you can get to bully around people for no reason at all just 'cause you happen to be a Prefect. Now give me that badge.'
Malfoy only smiled coldly at Hermione as he said: 'No. This thing will be a perfect trophy for my outstanding work as a Prefect.'
'Accio badge.' Harry suddenly said and the captured badge flew from Malfoy's grip into Harry's hand. He didn't waste a second to examine it closely. It was a silver badge allright, but much smaller than an ordinary school badge. 'This isn't a Prefect badge. It's a Swimming Diploma badge.'

'I'm gonna report you, Potter!' Malfoy said maliciously. 'Not only are you interfering with Prefect business, but you are also doing magic in the corridors, which Mr. Filch has strictly forbidden!'
'Go ahead, Malfoy.' Hermione shot back. 'McGonagall will no doubt question him, and then he can explain to her that you were abusing your status as Prefect to steal this young man's property for no reason at all. Anyone can see that that thing is not a Prefect badge. Even you!'
Malfoy and his cronies glared at the three with a malevolent gaze. He knew that Potter's interference had turned his actions into a no-win situation. With a growl, he and the other Slytherins left along with Krum, leaving the Gryffindors and the young Ravenclaw boy behind. Harry gave back the Swimming Diploma badge to its owner.

'Thank you.' The boy said brightly.
'No problem, pal.' Harry answered back.
'You're Harry Potter, aren't you? I'm Daniel Cody. Just call me Dan.'
'Pleased to meet you.' Harry said shaking Dan's hand.
'Don't let Malfoy get to you, Dan.' Ron said. 'He's always like that. He and all the other Slytherins always jumps on the little people whenever they get the chance.'
'But I didn't do anything! I never claimed to be a Prefect!'
'No, but he framed you with it anyway so that he could steal your badge.' Hermione said.
'Why would he want to do that? It's worthless to anyone else but me. I took this silver swimming-grade this summer, you see. I love to swim.'
'Oh, Malfoy doesn't really want it. He only wanted to make life miserable for you just because you're a Muggle-born.' Hermione said. ''Cause you are, aren't you?'
'Er… yeah.' Dan said a little dejectedly.
'Well, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.' Harry cheered him up. 'Listen, if Malfoy or any one else jumps on you again, come see us.'
'Thanks again. See ya.' Dan said brightly and rushed off.

'Nice kid.' Commented Harry.
'Yeah well, hopefully he won't attract any more trouble.' Ron said. 'It's enough that we have to keep an eye on you.'
'Hey!'
'Just kidding Harry. Now let's eat. I'm starving.'
As they sat down in the Great Hall, none of them failed to notice how the other two's anxiety grew as they ate. Defence Against the Dark Arts was coming up, with a Malfoy as their teacher.
'He's going to be horrible. I just know it.' Ron said.
'Not necessarily.' Hermione told him. 'Just because he happens to be a Malfoy doesn't have to mean that he will be unfair.'
'Hermione, it's a Malfoy we're talking about here. That family has always been arrogant. Just look at Draco Malfoy, and remember what happened to his father; his arrogance led him to Azkaban.'
'I'm just saying Ron, that we should not judge people beforehand, we might get surprised. Right Harry?'
'I for one wished we knew a little more about him before we get our first lesson with him.' Harry said a little grumpily. He remembered the letter he wrote to Lupin yesterday morning, but he hadn't got any reply yet.

Right on cue, Hedwig swooped in and landed infront of Harry. Delighted, Harry untied the letter from Hedwig's leg and gave her some bacon. Then he read Lupin's reply:

Dear Harry.

I suppose I don't need to tell you to please calm down, another collapse could be your last and I sure have no wish to bury you, as I had to bury your parents. The best thing for you to do is to stay away from Draco Malfoy as much as you can, and follow Madam Pomfrey's prescriptions to the letter.

About Vladislav Malfoy, you really got me curious about him. I didn't even know that Lucius Malfoy had a brother; neither did any of our mutual friends. I suggest though that you respect him as you would respect any of your other teachers. I don't think you need to worry about him being horrible, 'cause I can tell you one thing about Malfoy's: they're a proud family that enjoys the word 'respect', they would usually never do anything that would put a stain on their name. Lucius Malfoy is an exception now that he's been exposed as a Death-Eater, and as for Draco: it's quite common with an arrogant kid in every wealthy family, your godfather was a good example of that. Even he will come around sooner or later.

Please take care of yourself and don't hesitate to write me if there's anything else you wonder about. Say hello to Hermione and Ron for me.

Your friend
Remus Lupin.

Harry passed the letter between his friends once he finished reading it. He wished though that Lupin hadn't mentioned his godfather. Everytime Sirius Black were in one way or another mentioned, it sent a sting in Harry's gut causing him to flinch. His death was still a painful memory.
'You see? Lupin thinks the same as I do.' Hermione stated as she read the letter. 'Just because he's a Malfoy doesn't mean he'll be bad.'
'I'll get back to that once we finished our lesson with him.' Ron said. 'But I think Lupin is a little bit to optimistic of something's… does he really think that Draco Malfoy sooner or later will come around? If that ever happens, I'll eat Pig.'
'Don't make promises you can't keep Ron.' Hermione said as she helped herself with some more potatoes.


********************************************************************************************************************


All the Gryffindors and Slytherins were waiting patiently and anxiously for their teacher to show up. Draco Malfoy was even more gleeful than usual, bragging about his uncle being the teacher.
'Finally we'll have a DADA-teacher that's competent for the subject. Now we may finally actually learn some sensible stuff, instead of the rubbish we had to put up with so far…'
'Is your uncle good with Dark Arts?' Millicent Bulstrode asked him.
'Mind you, the Malfoy's has always been good with Dark Arts.' Draco said as if he'd been insulted. Harry did his best to just ignore him, preferring to follow Lupin's advice rather than making premature assumptions listening to Draco's bragging…

Vladislav Malfoy walked in, looking regal, looking cold. He surveyed the classroom with his steel-grey, lifeless and unblinking eyes with such intense gaze, that everyone fell silent as the teacher's glare passed over them. Victor Krum walked in after him and shut the door, then without a word from his master, Krum took Professor Malfoy's cape and hat and hang them up in the corner before he took a seat.
'The ability to defend yourself is quite essential for a wizard.' He said simply in his deep monotone voice. 'I hear one of my predecessors told you about 'constant vigilance'. I assure you; there's more truth in those words than anyone of you learned to believe. The worst mistake a wizard could do is being credulous of another magician.' Professor Malfoy took a seat as he let the words sink in. 'Generally, there are two forms of magic. Can anyone tell me what they are?'

Several hands shot up in the air. Professor Malfoy turned to one of the Gryffindor girls.
'What's your name?' he asked neutrally.
'Parvati Patil.'
'What is your answer?'
'We already know about dark magic, so logically the other form is light magic?' she said with self-confidence.
'Wrong on both counts.' Professor Malfoy said without changing his tone. Parvati looked shocked. 'Light and dark magic are only names to simplify the true meaning. The true name of the forms is much better entitled. Someone else who like to give it a try?'
Only Hermione and Draco Malfoy raised their hands this time. The professor fixed his gaze to his nephew and nodded.
'There's powerful magic and weak magic.' Draco explained with a smug. 'Powerful magic serves those who can handle the power and weak magic are for the fools who shouldn't even be called wizards.' Draco looked over at Neville as he said this. Neville clenched his jaws but kept from retorting.
'Honestly Draco, that theory was even worse than Ms. Patil's.' The professor said, slightly annoyed. Draco's mouth dropped, his eyes became so protuberant that they threatened to pop out, had they not been attached inside his head. 'It's unwise to listen to your father's point of view in this case, 'cause of his association with Lord Voldemort.'
There was a collective gasp in the classroom. Harry himself was astonished; here was another who had no problem with saying the Dark Lord's name. Only he (and Hermione since last year) did not to flinch as it was said.

'Last chance. Your name, young lady?' Professor Malfoy addressed Hermione.
'Hermione Granger. The true names of two forms of magic are in fact quite many, but the ones basically used are 'Enforcing Magic' for curses and 'Charm Magic' for spells. It was Godric Gryffindor and Rowena Ravenclaw themselves who announced this, 'cause their teachings were based on the fact that there really is no good or evil when it comes to magic. Good or evil only applies when based on how the spells are used.'
There was few seconds pause before Vladislav Malfoy asked: 'Do you believe in what those two said?'
'Of course.' Hermione said. 'No one is born evil. It's the experiences and the actions we take that make us into those we become. A person does not become evil until he gives in to an egoistical desire and neglects that it would hurt another person. A person like Voldemort… Oh get a grip on yourselves! …takes pleasure of terror, that's why it is his deeds that makes him evil, not the magic itself which he is using.'
'You thought that out thoroughly.' Vladislav Malfoy nodded in approval. 'Clever girl. 15 points to gryffindor.' Hermione beamed, the Slytherins scowled.

'Ms. Granger was quite correct. You'll never know what kind of desires that resides in another humans mind, which is why you must have constant vigilance and never put trust in a stranger. So you see: this is not really < i>, it is defence against the dark side of humankind. Do you understand what I wanted to say here?'
Most students nodded, although Harry doubted that everybody had understood what Professor Malfoy wanted to tell them. Draco Malfoy didn't nod though, he only glared angrily.
'Good. Now that we covered that part, I would like to find out from each and one of you your personal experience on what you've learned thus far during these five past years. I will hand out inquiry forms for each and one of you to fill in. Victor, pass out those papers.' Krum immediately got to his feet to do his master's bidding. Harry had a flashback of the test papers Gilderoy Lockhart had given them in their second year, but these questions were not like those. It was more of questions about his abilities. Although Harry had had to deal with atleast two incompetent teachers, he had learned a great deal about spells and defences, so the form took some time to fill in. Other was finished before he was.

'Those of you who finished filling out the papers may start to read the first chapters in their books.' Professor Malfoy said as Lavender Brown and Neville Longbottom handed in their papers, which the professor as he put on a pair of golden horn-rimmed glasses started to read and took notes. When Hermione handed in her paper, she somewhat nervously addressed him.
'Uum… professor? I already read the whole book.'
Vladislav Malfoy raised an eyebrow behind his glasses. 'You have, have you? Then what do you make of those curses that were used in the wizard-war 300 years ago, mentioned in chapter nine?'
'Ergh… the Disintegrate curse. Yes, we read about it in History of Magic. The Mages used this highly advanced magic to 'dispose' of their adversaries, turned them into dust.'
'You don't think it was good? That magic did turn the war into the winner's favour, don't you think? I ask you of this opinion based on what you said before.'
'It all depends on which side of the wand you're standing.' Hermione said. 'It's always the winners who write the history after all, no one asked the opponents of their opinion.'
'Quite correct.' The professor smiled, raising both eyebrows behind his hornrimmed glasses. 'Clever girl.' He said again and Hermione blushed.

'Yeah. Clever little mudblood who know all the answers.' Snapped Draco Malfoy. 'And here I thought she was sleeping with the teachers to get top marks!'
There was an instant uproar in the classroom at Draco's rude remark. There was mostly 'How dare you?' from the girls and some 'You lousy creep!' from the boys, but both Harry and Ron had jumped up from their seats to charge at the arrogant Slytherin.
'SILENCE! BE SEATED!' shouted Professor Malfoy. 'You two stay right where you are!'
'I'm gonna kill that fucking bastard!' yelled Ron. ('Ron!' squealed Hermione.)
'I'll hex that lowlife into orbit around the sun to fry his fat ass off his hide!' Harry said through gritted teeth. (Harry!)
'You two will cost Gryffindor five points each for those threats and harsh language.' Professor Malfoy said with authority in his otherwise monotone voice. 'Mr. Malfoy on the other hand will cost Slytherin 20 points for that insult and gets detention.'
'UNCLE?' Draco squealed.
'That's professor Malfoy in class young man. Now take your seat, all of you! As for you Ms. Granger, you have my permission to do your other homeworks for the rest of the lesson.'

Harry and Ron grumbled but resumed their seats. Draco Malfoy sat angrily shooting daggers from his eyes at his uncle. The rest of the lesson went on without further incidents until professor Malfoy called out again when it was ten minutes left.
'Mr. Potter and Ms. Granger. Stand up please.' Bewildered, they both did so. 'According to your papers, you both claim that you can produce Corporeal Patronuses. Is this true?'
'Yes professor.' They both said in unison.
'I'd like a demonstration, please.'
Without a word, both of them pulled out their wands and pointed them into an empty corner, summoning a happy thought as they shouted: 'Expecto Patronum!' A bright silver Stag erupted from Harry's wand and an Otter came out from Hermione's. Both shapes strolled around for a few seconds before they turned into mist and disappeared.
'Interesting.' Said Vladislav Malfoy. 'Very interesting indeed.'


********************************************************************************************************************


'An interesting lesson indeed.' Commented Ron. 'Even though we didn't do anything practical. It does look like that this Malfoy won't be so bad after all.'
'No. He seems fair and competent enough.' Said Hermione. Then they heard a commotion behind them. Looking around, they saw Draco Malfoy angrily hurrying away from the classroom where he'd been held back to receive his date of detention. Both Harry and Ron resisted the urge to jump him. As Hermione clearly had stated, Professor Malfoy had already seen to his punishment.
'Draco.' Called Pansy Parkinson as she ran after him together with Crabbe and Goyle. 'For being your uncle, he sure doesn't seem to favour us as you said he would…'
'HE'S NOT MY UNCLE!' Draco barked loudly. 'MY FAMILY NEVER SPEAKS ABOUT HIM, AND NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY! I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM AND I DON'T WANT ANYBODY OF YOU SPEAKING TO ME ABOUT HIM AGAIN!' the Slytherins disappeared behind a corner.
'What do you make of that?' Ron asked his friends.
'I suppose that when there's always an arrogant kid in every wealthy family, it also seems common with a black sheep as well.'
'Hermione!' hissed Harry.
'Oh Harry, I'm sorry. I didn't think… I'm so sorry.'


Author's Notes:
Well, that's another chapter, hope you liked it. Bet you didn't expect Professor Malfoy was to act like that, but I have a reason for it. Sorry if the DADA-lesson seemed a bit short since the length was suppose to be trippled. Sally-Anne Perks were mentioned in the sortings in Philosopher's Stone, but not a word which house she got into, so I took the chance with Ravenclaw. It was never said if it was Nott that were able to see the Thestrals, so I took a chance there as well.
Until next time... Be well.