Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Dark Menace by Tazer
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Dark Menace

Tazer


Disclaimer: The characters of this fiction are borrowed and used as a tribute to the wonderful world created by J.K. Rowling. They're not mine, never were and never will be. No money is being made on this either.


Author's notes:
I am so sorry that this took so long. You could say that I'm suffering a bit from writer's block, plus the fact that my work-hours will not allow me to spend as much time with this as I would like.

Many of you reviewers (thank you very much by the way) has expressed that they want to see Harry and Hermione get together soon in this story. Believe me; as do I, but it's too early. Some horrors have to take place first before I can go there, but it will come, I promise.


***************************************


The next day started with that Harry had to go and see Madam Pomfrey for a health-check as ordered. She did the regular check: watching the pupils, checking his forehead and taking his pulse.
'So, am I allright?' Harry asked her flatly, being a bit annoyed of being there.
'Just because you feel fine doesn't mean that you're out of danger in your case Mr. Potter!' Poppy told him sternly. 'It's good for you that you've stayed out of trouble so far, and I want you to keep doing just that. Don't strain yourself or anything!'
'But Madam Pomfrey, I've got a lesson of Physical exercise today. How am I going to attend there without straining myself?'
'Tell Mr. Sly that I will only allow you to swim for the time being, that's an order! Just don't pass out in the pool.'
Harry assumed that Mr. Sly was the name of the teacher for Physical exercise. His assumption was correct when he got to the far end of Hogwarts first floor where the class were to take place, together with Ron and the others who were to attend. What caught him a bit of surprise though was that Mr. Sly was the big, bulky muscular man who'd accompanied Mr. Filch and the Professor in Muggle-studies who'd been assigned to pick Harry up after his collapse on the train. He was around his mid-thirties, with short-cut brown hair. The students had all changed into training-attires (Sleeve-less shirts and shorts) and now all of them stood waiting for the instructor to address them.

'Greetings, class.' Mr. Sly said with an Irish accent. 'Physical exercise is a basic course training for those who will take a career that demands good health and strong backs. If you're planning to work with big magical creatures for example, you need to be strong enough to restrain them. If you're planning to live as an observer among Muggles, you need good health to do their duties, 'cause you can't use magic around them. Or maybe you're planning to work for the ministry's law-enforcement department, where good strength is required should it come to physical actions, or maybe you want to be an Auror…? Just because we're magicians, it doesn't mean that we can always rely on our magic skills, you never know when pure muscles is superior compared to wands. Whatever career each and one of you has in mind, it is my duty to put on the basic mass onto your muscles so that you can participate in whatever program your required to take to make it to your career-choice. Now, stand in a row so that I can check you out and determine what kind of exercise each and one of you should begin with.'

Each student present did as they were told, and Mr. Sly began at the far end to check each person.
'Hmm, good body-build. But limp arms. Some push-ups will do you good.' He told one student.
'Aah, long legs. Good for running. And here we have an average-looking body, which is good for receiving most of the training I'll put you up with.' Soon he got infront of Ron. 'Tut, tut. Got a bit of a big stomach here.' Ron became red while the others giggled. 'You need to cut down on the food young man, I'll recommend you a diet for you to follow.' Ron groaned loudly which Mr. Sly ignored. Instead He now took a good look at Harry.
'You on the other hand need to eat a bit more. A bit scrawny, aren't you?'
'That's because my cousin always eat my share.' Harry said simply.
'You need a complete build-up. Push-ups, sit-ups and some running and better food, then we can put you on some weights…'
'I'm only allowed to swim right now.' Harry interrupted. 'Madam Pomfrey's orders.'
'Ah yes. You're the one who collapsed on the train… Swimming is a good and yet a more calm exercise, you can do that for the time being. As for the rest of us, a nice jog around this big room will be adequate for a warm-up, then we'll get into the more tougher programs.' Mr. Sly seemed to smile wickedly as he said this, as if he was enjoying putting students into hard labour.

Harry excused himself from his fellow students as he left them to their fate while he made his way to the pool in the next chamber. It wasn't as exclusive looking as the pool in the prefect's bathroom, but it had a comfy temperature and the water was fresh, it lacked the bubble-bath mixes. Stripping down to his shorts only, he climbed down into the pool and began to swim a couple of lengths. He couldn't do it quite fast though; he was never good with swimming. And all 'cause the Dursley's wouldn't waste any money on swimming-lessons for him, probably hoping he one day would drown and they would be rid of him.
While he swam, he could hear Mr. Sly harassing all the other students. One could guess that he'd been a military instructor among the muggles. Harry could hear shouts as: 'One, two! One, two! Move it, move it, move it! I told you to jog, not walk!' After a time, Harry didn't know how long, Ron came into the chamber looking wasted and exhausted, his face was all red after his workout and he was sweating all over, still trying to regain his breath.
'Some people just have all the luck!' he complained, panting. 'You get to relax in the water while the rest of us has to that guy's bidding! I swear: he's planning to exercise us to death!'
'I wouldn't call myself lucky.' Harry said. 'It's all because of my Stress-related nervous disorder that I'm in here. Mind you, swimming is relaxing, but it's boring to do it all by yourself. I'd rather spend my time together with you guys.'
'Be lucky that you aren't. That guy may act nice, but when he gets into the mode, he's horrible!'

'Ron. Now that we're here all by ourselves, there's something I'd like to talk to you about.' Harry said as he swam towards the edge of the pool.
'Oh? What about?'
'I know that you are worried about your relationship with Hermione now that Krum's here again. I'm quite certain that you have nothing to worry about, since she decided to be your girlfriend, I'm positive that she will stay by your side. But whatever you do: do not take out any jealous frustration on her, 'cause that might drive her away. Trust her, and you'll get to keep her. Friendly advice.'
Harry had expected Ron to look relieved and happy about what he told him, but he couldn't get rid of the feeling that if Ron's face hadn't already been red by exhaustion, it would certainly become that judging from the nervous face Ron made. And why Ron was nervous about it was beyond him.
'Ah… well, I… I… Of course I trust her… Er… thanks for the advice Harry. I appreciate it but… Don't let Hermione know about this conversation, okay?'
'I wasn't planning on telling her.' Harry said bewildered.
'Great, thanks mate. Well, I better get back there before Sly starts to miss me and give me detention or anything. I wouldn't stand doing this more than I have to!' And Ron left, leaving Harry to ponder about what Ron's relationship with Hermione was having for trouble.


********************************************************************************************************************


The rest of the lessons of the week just suddenly past by Harry and his fellow students. Before he knew it, it was Friday afternoon, and he and many others sat in the Gryffindor common room doing the week's homework. The three friends sat writing an essay for History of Magic when Ginny Weasley came in from a Prefects tour, carrying a long stick in her hand. She walked up to the table where her brother and the two family friends sat, calling Harry's attention.
'Catch!' she said and threw Harry the stick. Confused, Harry caught the stick and recognised it immediately.
'Hey! This is my Firebolt!' he exclaimed happily. 'Where'd you get it?'
'From Professor McGonagall.' Ginny said. 'She figured that you would need it when Quidditch practices starts again. Can't have a Seeker without a broom, can we?'
'Well, unfortunately you don't have a Seeker for the moment, unless you're keeping that position. I'm banned for life, remember?' Harry said a little downcast. Ginny put her hands on her hips and glared at Harry with an I-can't-believe-it look.

'Harry, weren't you listening to Dumbledore's end-of-term speech last year?' the redhead asked him.
'I wasn't there.' Harry answered simply. Since Harry was dealing with mourning his godfather at that time, he hadn't wanted to face anyone, so he'd stayed away.
'Once he managed to remove that old hag Umbridge from the school, Dumbledore promised everyone that everything that bitch had done here; setting up those silly Decree's, forbidding this and that, forming the Inquisitorial Squad, all of that was to be abolished: effective immediately.' Ginny said in one breath.
'Even my banning from Quidditch?'
'Of course silly. You can't be gone from Quidditch now when we're lacking so many players. Angelina and Alicia has left Hogwarts, Katie has resigned…'
'What?' both Harry and Ron exclaimed at the same time. 'Katie's resigned?'

'She told me that it was no offence towards you Harry, but her teammates was always Angelina, Alicia, Fred and George. With all of them gone, she can't find the heart to go on, so she decided to leave everything in your hands and devote herself to her NEWTs. This is her last year after all.'
'In my hands, eh?' Harry said a little dejectedly.
'Who else?' Ginny asked. 'You've been playing quidditch since your first year, you're the Gryffindor veteran.'
'But I'll be busy looking for the Snitch, I can't keep an eye on the team at the same time! Ron, this is your chance to add more to the team by being the Quidditch capt…'
'Don't look at me!' Ron quickly interrupted. 'I stink at being a Keeper, do you want me to run the team to the ground? No Harry, you're the best choice.'
'Well, make up your minds, 'cause there'll be a lot of work to do.' Ginny said to them both. 'I'm signing up as a Chaser, but we will need to do tryouts for two more. We should also have some reserves in case anything happens, an extra Beater, an extra Chaser…' Ginny made a show on counting on her fingers as she rambled on. 'We also need a whole new strategy to the team, maybe coming up with some new feints; I've got some ideas in mind. And I've figured that next Saturday would be good to start training, that gives a week for people to sign up for testing if we put up a note for tryouts as soon as possible.'

Harry was staring at Ginny as she said this. When she was done, Harry couldn't help but to grin.
'You really thought it all out, didn't you?' He asked her.
'Just simple organization.' Ginny said, shrugging.
'Well then, I think we found our new Captain.' Harry stated.
'What? Who?' Ginny asked bewildered. It actually took a few seconds before it hit her what he meant. 'ME?!' she gasped loudly.
'Who else?' Harry asked, smiling at her. Even Hermione was smiling.
'Wait a minute, you can't be serious…' she began to object, holding up her hands.
'I am. An organized mind is exactly what the Quidditch team needs.'
'Harry, you can't mean it!' Said Ron who managed to find his voice again after Harry's statement. 'She can't be Quidditch Captain, she's just a girl…'
That earned Ron a death-glare from both Ginny and Hermione. If looks could kill, Ron would be dead where he was sitting.

'Now what was that suppose to mean?' Ginny asked her brother with a voice that spoke of danger for him.
'T-that didn't came out as I had intended…' Ron said stammering. It was hard enough enduring a death-glare from one girl, but receiving it from two threw him off his composure. 'I-I meant that you're the youngest of us…'
'Only by one year from you!' Ginny said with an intimidating voice.
'Yeah, but you're still the least experienced…'
'Oh, so that's it! You don't think I can do it?'
'Er… Truth to be told…'
'You don't! Well let me tell you something, brother: I've been told that I can accomplish anything if I put my mind to it and accomplish the task of a Quidditch Captain, I will!'
'Well said, Ginny. You tell him.' Hermione said.
'Tryouts will start by 8:30 next Saturday morning. Be there, both of you!'
'8:30 Saturday morning?!' Ron yelled. 'But I always sleep in on Saturdays!'
'Well brother, you just have to get your sorry butt out of bed anyhow, or I'll do tryouts for a new Keeper as well!'

Ginny forced herself to calm down as she spoke to Harry again.
'On more thing Harry. People has been asking me about when you will begin the DA-meetings again?'
'The DA-meetings? But that was to train Dark Arts defence under Umbridge's nose. Now that we got Professor Vlad Malfoy…'
'Yes, but it was great!' Ginny said brightly. 'Me and many other students would love to resume the more extra training. You've got abilities that would take us years to master… Please Harry. It would really be fun.'
Knowing that more people than Ginny would plead to him, Harry surrendered. 'All right.' He said with a sigh. 'You can tell the next ones who ask that I will take their wish in consideration, and I'll call them the way I did last year through the coins.'
'Wonderful!' Ginny said happily. 'Okay, I'll just head up to my dorm now, I'm going to plan the new strategies for Quidditch.'

Ron waited until his sister was out of earshot before he spoke again.
'How did this happen? She's starting to be more and more like our mother!'
'Who's more like her mother if not her daughter?' Hermione asked him as she went back to her essay.
'Are you saying that's natural?'
'Naturally.'
'Great.' Ron snorted. 'Now I have a vision of her future. Ginny will end up being a plump little woman with more kids than she can handle. Probably won't be long until she starts whacking everyone around her over the heads with a rolling-pin.'
'RONALD WEASLEY, I HEARD THAT!' Ginny's voice suddenly boomed down from the girl's dormitories. Harry was sure she'd put a Sonorous-charm to her throat. 'ONE MORE REMARK LIKE THAT AND I MIGHT CONSIDER STARTING HITTING YOU OVER THE HEAD, WITH A FRYING-PAN!!'
'Ron, it might be wise to keep your mouth shut from now on.' Harry said, desperately trying to suppress an attack of laughter. 'You know, if you thought you had it bad before with your mother, you now got in stereo.'
Ron who was trying to suppress the redness that blossomed over his face, asked Harry:' What's 'stereo'?'

While Harry tried to explain the Muggle-concept of stereo to Ron, everyone had failed to notice Neville who had witnessed the whole exchange, and was now looking in amazement up the stairs where Ginny had disappeared.
Wow! What a woman! He thought to himself.


********************************************************************************************************************


The weekend went by, and it wasn't long until everybody was back in Transfiguration and Charms where they would continue to study the Elements.
'Now as everybody got their flowerpots… well atleast something that can be used as flowerpots,' Professor McGonagall said, glancing over at Dean and Lavender whose pots resembled irregularly shapes of low bowls. 'Now it is time to fill them with soil.'
'Something must be wrong with our timetables.' Seamus whispered to Dean. 'We don't have Herbology until after lunch.' They both snickered.
'Is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class Mr. Finnigan and Mr. Thomas?' Professor McGonagall said sternly to them.
'No Professor!' They both said as they stiffened from being caught in the act.
'Then save you private conversations until after class. Two points from Gryffindor. Now if there's no further interruption… The soil, which you will fill your pots with, is nothing you will dig up from outside the castle if you thought so. No, you will make the soil in here. Professor Flitwick, would you kindly call them in now?'

Professor Flitwick went to a side door, which he opened. 'We are ready for you now.' He called, and to everybody's surprise, about 20 house-elves marched in, using their own magic to levitate some kind of bundle infront of them. Each elf walked up to a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff student and dropped their load infront of them. Most of the teenagers wrinkled their noses; others just clasped their hands over their faces to save themselves from the stench. The pile infront of each one of them was plainly speaking: kitchen waste. There was bones from chickens, half eaten slices of bread that has begun to get mouldy, eggshells, entrails from fish, (those were really smelling), old berries and several other stuff Harry didn't even want to know what they were used to be. There were even tin cans and plastic bags.
'Uuh, I think I'm going to get sick!' Parvati Patil squealed. Hannah Abbot of Hufflepuff already looked sick, and several others weren't far behind.
'W-what are we suppose to do with this?' Ron croaked.
'It's obvious isn't it?' Hermione said plainly, even though she too was a little green in her face. 'We are to accelerate the decomposing process of this pile and break it down to new soil.'
'It's always Ms. Granger, is it not?' piped professor Flitwick with pride to Professor McGonagall.

'That is quite correct.' McGonagall addressed the whole class. 'And as you've noticed, there are also some inorganic material included. Those are to be transfigured into organic properties before you will use the proper charm to accelerate the breakdown into soil. You will find that the process will take some time, 'cause some stuff needs more attention than the other. Now, this is how you will transfigure the tin cans to organic.' With a swish with her wand, Professor McGonagall demonstrated the charm with a small pile of her own. 'Exosso.' A tin can now looked like it was made of bone rather than metal. 'Viscera.' A plastic bag now took the properties of entrails.
'When everything is organic,' Professor Flitwick took over. 'all you need to do to accelerate the breakdown is to rotate the tip of your wand over the pile while pronouncing: Liquefacio Glaeba.'
'We want you to be through this pile to be pure soil when we reach lunch.' McGonagall said. 'It should not be a problem if you're in harmony with nature like when you did your pots. When you are finished, put the soil in your flowerpots for further use. You may begin.'

It was like Déjà vu from their last lesson. Hermione and Neville quickly got the hang of it (Harry would never be used to the fact that Neville actually became good with this.) and were almost quickly through their piles after half the time. Harry, Ron and several others weren't that far behind though. Those who had problems were once again Lavender Brown and Dean Thomas, who no matter how much they tried; they could hardly change the inorganic stuff the slightest. Lavender also had problems with decomposing the other material as well. She was busier with covering her nose from the smell of her pile of kitchen waste rather than concentrating on her task.

'The smell will disappear if you concentrate more on changing your pile instead of hiding from it, Ms. Brown.' Professor McGonagall pointed out to her.
'How is it going to disappear when I can't change it?' Lavender complained loudly. 'Honestly Professor, we should let nature do this job instead of us, since it is such a good expert on it. The least you could do is letting me practice on something easier!'
Lavender had really gone a little too far, everyone now expected her to be lectured by an enraged Professor McGonagall and receive detention. But the professor kept her wits.
'You want to practice on something easier? That can actually be arranged.' Lavender looked more hopeful. 'There is a substance that is very much easier to decompose, since its breakdown has already been: shall we say 'prematurely processed'? Would you rather work with that, Ms. Brown?'
'Yes professor, I'd like that. I hope it's not as smelling as this stuff, whatever it is.'
'Well, it to has a way of smelling uncomfortably, since the substance I'm talking about is fresh animal droppings.' Lavender turned green in her face that was filled with disgust. 'Would you like me to send down an Elf to Hagrid's and fetch some for you?'
'NO!! No Professor, I… I continue with what I have…' Lavender choked and went back to her pile, going silent.

By the end of the lesson, almost everyone had managed to make soil suitable for growing plants as it was meant to be. Hermione and Neville did of course have the best result. One could not imagine that just a few hours ago their soil had been kitchen waste. Harry and Ron weren't that far behind with their own and all the others had acceptable results as well, save for Lavender and Dean. Their soil looked more like wet mud with pieces of trash mixed within, and to Lavender's dismay, it still smelled like kitchen waste.
'A reminder to those of you who attends Potions!' Professor McGonagall called out before the class had a chance to leave. 'You are to go down to Professor Snape to pick up your potions for testing tonight so that you can write a report of your progress to him tomorrow. That is all.'

Ron looked like he wanted to cry, complaining about how he would not live to see the next day.
'Ron, we didn't add anything poisonous in the potion.' Hermione pointed out.
'No, I bet Snape added the poison while he had them in his cabinet.'
'That is to slander our teacher Ron!' Hermione exclaimed, looking a bit horrified of the very idea. 'Snape may be a bit cruel, but he would not deliberately poison us!'
'He wouldn't? In our fourth year when we worked on an antidote, Snape said he was going to poison one of us!' Ron argued.
'Well, but he didn't, did he?' Hermione huffed.
'That didn't mean that he didn't want to!'
It wasn't long until the conversation had escalated into another heated argument, which ended with that none of them would speak to the other. Harry could not imagine how those two could work as a couple when they always went on like that.

Herbology went by where they each picked up a seed of their favourite plant that they were to plant in their flowerpots. They had Care for Magical Creatures as the last lesson of the day, and thankfully Hagrid hadn't thought of making another try with the Acromantulas. But all of them couldn't help but feeling a little dread as they went down the dungeon that evening to pick up their Dreamless potion, especially since Snape gave them all a wicked smile as he handed them out back to their owners. Inside their dormitory that evening, Harry, Ron and Seamus looked at each other with their potions in their hands, as if they were facing their doom.
'Well, there's no escape. Might just as well get it over with.' Said Harry and swallowed his potion.
'Goodbye Harry.' Said Ron nervously and swallowed his.


********************************************************************************************************************


Ron didn't die, but it looked like he didn't get much of sleep either. He had bags under his eyes and looked like he was going to pass out anytime. Seamus hadn't fared any better, but Harry and Hermione had both gotten a good night's rest.
'Well Ron, I'd say that you didn't stir your potion enough. The contents probably didn't merge with each other as they were suppose to.' Hemione said.
'Now you tell me.' Said Ron tiredly, as he sat there with his mouth hanging. He could hardly eat, which was a bit serious when it concerned Ron.
'I wonder what you did with your potion?' she then asked as she looked at him more closely. 'Your tongue is all blue.'
'Great.' Ron muttered. 'Just what I always wanted. A blue tongue.'
'Hermione.' Harry then said sounding serious, as he happened to watch her put a spoon of porridge in her mouth. 'Your tongue is also blue!'
'WHAT?' she yelled as she put her hands over her mouth. If it weren't for the fact that Harry never joked about something like that, Hermione would have doubts of Harry's sincerity.

'Yours is too.' Said Ginny who sat opposite of Harry.
'It is? What's going on here? Did somebody hex our breakfast?'
'More likely our supper from last night.' Muttered Ron. 'You don't see me eating, do you?'
'Is you tongue also blue Ginny?' Harry asked.
'Gee, I hope not.' She said as she opened her mouth to let Harry take a look.
'No, yours is normal.' Harry said bewildered.
'I would blame Fred and George for this if it weren't for the fact that they've left Hogwarts.' Hermione said a bit aggrieved.
They didn't have time to ponder on this as they went down to the dungeons for Potions. They all felt fine otherwise. As they reached the dungeons, they could hear a girl's hysterical giggle.

'Will you shut up Pansy?' Draco Malfoy's angry voice was heard.
'You're the one who should keep your mouth shut Draco, unless you want everyone to see your blue tongue!' Pansy Parkinson howled with laughter.
'I'll get the one who did this!' Draco roared.
'Oh, here comes Potty, Weasel and the Mudblood.' Pansy then said.
'Watch your mouth, Parkinson!' Harry retorted angrily.
'Don't get excited Potty, you might collapse.' Pansy teased. 'And speaking of mouths… Just by curiosity, how are your tongues today?'
An embarrassed silence hanged over the three of them.
'OH! You mean that you… you too has…' Pansy Parkinson exploded with such hysterical laughter that she couldn't stand on her feet, she was on all fours, banging the floor with her fists. Draco Malfoy looked like he wanted to hex her.

'Settle down! What's the meaning of all this?' Snape arrived with his soft, deadly voice.
'Somebody hexed us Professor.' Malfoy exclaimed. 'Our tongues are blue, and Pansy seems to think that it's funny!'
'Are all of your tongues blue?' Snape asked softly, glancing at everybody, Slytherins, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and Gryffindors alike. Everybody nodded gloomily.
'Let me see.' Snape commanded. Everybody reluctantly stuck out their blue-coloured tongues. Pansy Giggled. 'What about your tongue, Ms. Parkinson?' Snape turned to her.
'Oh, mine is normal.' She said proudly. Pansy expected Snape to praise her for evading whatever hexes somebody had cast on some people, but she was taken aback when the Potions Professor glared angrily at her.
'Why didn't you take your potion last night?' Snape asked with a soft, yet dangerous voice.
'I- I- I… d-did. I did take it…' Pansy stammered white-faced.

'Do not lie to me. For your information: the reason for why your tongues are blue is because I added a little mixture of my own in your bottles, to see who were brave enough to take it, or who were stupid enough to defy me.' He said, never taking his eyes of Pansy who gulped loudly.
Snape's cheek twitched for what he had to say next. 'Thirty points… from Slytherin.' He said very annoyed. 'And detention for Ms. Parkinson. As for the colour on your tongues, it will wear off after twelve hours. Now get inside!' he motioned them all for the door to the classroom.
Feeling relief, but yet a bit of anger towards their teacher for adding a mixture without their knowledge, the students obeyed and the lesson begun. This time they brew a remedy that would keep a person awake if necessary, (but not recommended since a person absolutely needs to sleep. Hermione pointed this out and was punished with five points from Gryffindor.). Neville longbottom no longer attended Potions, but both Ron and Seamus lived up his reputation today as they were so tired from their lack of sleep that they managed to melt their cauldrons, which earned them detention and another twenty points each taken from Gryffindor.

'I told you Snape would deliberately poison us!' Ron snapped as they left the dungeon.
'Well, it wasn't poison, was it?' Hermione snapped back. 'It was just a harmless colour mixture.'
'I once heard someone say that you should never mix potions that were not meant to be mixed. My potion wasn't perfect, so he could have killed me with that mixture!'
Even though Hermione looked like she wanted to argue further about Snape would not deliberately poison his students, she decided to keep her mouth shut. Ron was impossible to argue with right now anyway since he was so tired. Point proven, both Ron and Seamus fell asleep during History of Magic, their loud snoring almost drenched Professor Binns' wheezy voice. Harry wasn't much better. He wasn't sleeping, but Hermione saw him staring out of the window, daydreaming. She didn't need to guess who was on his mind when she saw Harry's dreamy smile on his lips.
Sure, she usually was the one who took notes during this lesson while the others had drifted away into a deep stupor, but for some reason today, between her two friends who were in their own world for the moment, she couldn't help but to feel a sense of dread of that she somehow had been totally abandoned.

Ever since the time before her encounter with the troll in her first year, and then their fallout in their third year, it was the feeling she had come to dread the most.

Author's notes:
That was chapter six. Please bear with me for those jinxes in Latin, I'd tried to find some appropriate ones in an dictionary. But if they happen to be used in the wrong way, then I'm sorry for my mistakes. Also be warned that I'm experiencing some troubles at work that probably will take much of my extra time, so there might be a while before I can finish chapter seven. But I'll do my best to continue with this. No horrors yet in the next chapter, but it won't be long now…