Unofficial Portkey Archive

Journey To The New LIfe by rockstar
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Journey To The New LIfe

rockstar

Author's note: - Apologize in advance for grammar and spelling mistakes.

Disclaimer: - I don't own Harry Potter and anyone or anything related.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Wedding Day

Wedding day of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour had finally arrived. There was a knock on the door of the room Hermione and Ginny shared together. A very sleepy looking Hermione got up to open the door. It was Mrs. Weasley on the other side of the door.

"Good morning Mrs. Weasley." Hermione said woozily.

"Good morning Hermione. You and Ginny should come down quickly for the breakfast. Then, you have to get ready as well." Mrs. Weasley said in a hurried voice and then left to wake other occupants of the house.

Hermione closed the door and went back to her bed. She wanted to sleep more, but she didn't want to upset Mrs. Weasley either. She started shaking Ginny to get her out of her deep slumber.

"Ginny, get up," Hermione said in a sleepy voice and started shaking Ginny lightly.

"Mmmm…Mum, just two more minutes." Ginny said groggily as she pulled covers onto her face.

Hermione laughed silently at this.

"Ginevra Weasley. Get out of the bed this instant before I hex you into next week." Hermione said in loud stern voice, trying her best to imitate Mr. Weasley's voice.

Hearing a threatening voice Ginny quickly jumped out of her bed.

"Yes mum. I am up. Please don't hex me." Ginny said covering her face in case her mum decided to hex her. She heard a laugh and removed her hand to see that Hermione was lying on her bed, grabbing her stomach, and laughing uncontrollably.

Ginny grabbed her pillow from the bed and threw at Hermione.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Ginny said in a mock complaining voice.

Hermione tried to control her laughter. "But you have to agree it was fun." Hermione said in a laughing voice.

Ginny made a face at Hermione, but then joined her in laughing.

"Never ever do that again. You gave me quite a scare." Ginny said as she sat back on her bed.

"Ok now, enough of these talks. We should better get down. Your mum came a few moments back to wake us up for the breakfast. Later on we have to get ready as ceremony would start at 11:40 AM." Hermione said as she got up from her bed.

Once they both were done with their morning rituals, they showered and changed into their day clothes. They both made their way downstairs. A huge table was set up in the backyard of the house for all the occupants of the house.

They both met Harry and Ron downstairs.

"Good morning Harry, Ron," Ginny said as she and Hermione reached downstairs.

"Good morning Ginny, Hermione." Harry said to both girls. Ron simply nodded in acknowledgement.

"Come on let's go before mum comes here to drag us out. We are the only ones who are late." Ron said.

"Ron, when would be Luna arriving here?" Hermione asked as they made their way to the backyard.

Ron checked his watch. "Its 7:30 right now. She would be here by 9:30." Ron said as they reached to the backyard.

"Good, otherwise Fleur would kill her if she got late." Ginny said as they took their seats at the table. Others were busy with chatting and eating, and nobody in particular paid any attention to them.

Four of them filled their plates and started eating. After finishing the breakfast, they quickly left the backyard and went back to the room Harry and Ron were sharing.

------------------------------------------------

"Wow! I just don't believe it. Bill is finally getting married today that too with Fleur." Ron said as he sat down on his bed. Harry sat next to him while Hermione and Ginny settled themselves on Harry's bed.

"Yeah, it's strange, knowing that during the war we were hardly thinking about our future and now a wedding is going to take place in just next couple of hours." Harry said with a faraway look in his eyes. Ron, Hermione, and Ginny simply nodded in understanding.

"But now those times are over and now all we have to worry about is that are we going to get through our training and other such normal life matters." Hermione said remembering those dark times when all they could think was, how to survive each day.

There was a knock on the door. Ginny got up to open it.

"Luna," Ginny said in a surprised voice. She opened the door wider to let Luna enter the room.

"Hi everyone," Luna said in her usual dreamy voice.

"Luna," Ron said happily as he got up to hug his girlfriend. He sat down on the bed and pulled his girlfriend onto his lap.

"You are here before the scheduled time." Ron said with a questioning glance towards his girlfriend.

"Yeah, I received an owl from Fleur early this morning. She asked me to get ready over here rather than at my own place." Luna said.

"When do you have to get ready?" Harry asked.

"Fleur has asked us to be in her room by 8:15." Luna said pleasantly.

"Are you all going to fit in her room? I mean there would be Fleur, her mother, her sister, other bridesmaids, Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley. You know what I am trying to say." Harry said trying to explain his point, "I mean won't it be a bit too small for all of you to get ready at one place." He finished.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Harry, they are going to expand the room magically to have enough space for everyone to get ready." She said.

"Oh!" Harry said smiling sheepishly at his girlfriend, "I forgot." Hermione just gave him a teasing smile in return.

"I think we should better go to Fleur's room, before she starts cursing us in French." Ginny said to Luna. Luna merely nodded and got up from Ron's lap. Ginny too got up from her place. Hermione's face fell a bit, but she quickly recovered before anyone could notice. However, it didn't go unnoticed by Harry. He made a mental note to ask Hermione about it later.

"Do you have to leave so early?" Ron asked in a complaining voice, as he wanted to spend more time with his girlfriend.

"Don't worry Ron. We can ask Fleur if you could come with us there in the room." Luna said dreamily.

Ron turned red due to embarrassment. Harry, Hermione, and Ginny burst out laughing at this. However, Luna took no notice of it. She simply stared at Ron, waiting for his answer.

"Err…no thanks Luna, I will meet you at the ceremony." Ron said awkwardly.

"Okay," Luna simply answered and turned to leave. She was at the door when she turned around to look at Hermione.

"Aren't you coming with us Hermione?" she asked.

Hermione looked confused. "I am not a part of the wedding party." She said.

Luna didn't reply immediately. She had a thoughtful expression on her face.

"But you could come to help me getting ready." Luna said brightly, "And I would help you in getting ready. We can help each other."

Hermione simply stared at the girl in front of her trying to decipher the meaning of her words. However, when nothing came to her mind, she let it go. She smiled. "Of course I would help you Luna." She said as she got up and followed Luna and Ginny out of the room.

"I'll see you guys later." Hermione said to Ron and Harry looking over her shoulder as she closed the door behind her.

"Want to have a game of chess?" Ron asked.

"I know I am going to lose it, but let's play." Harry replied.

"That's the spirit my friend, that's the spirit." Ron said in dramatic voice as he got up to obtain his old chess set from the cabinet.

------------------------------------------------

When Ginny, Luna, and Hermione entered the room, even after using the extension charm, it was already jam-packed. They could hear Fleur's noise above others, as she was getting hysterical about how her hairstyle was not harmonizing with her dress.

Luna had left her dress in the Fleur's room when she had arrived at the Burrow.

"Mrs. Weasley, where's my dress?" Luna asked, as she was not able to find her dress in the room.

"It's over there dear." Mrs. Weasley said, pointing towards the corner where a package was lying on the chair.

Ginny already had picked her dress from her room in between when her, Luna and Hermione were on their way to Fleur's room. Hermione's dress was still in her room, as she didn't want to get ready so early. She knew it wouldn't take very long for her to get ready and as Luna was going to help her, she wasn't worried about being late.

Ginny and Luna started getting ready and Hermione helped them in putting on their dresses. There was a knock on the door. Hermione was standing near the door so she opened it.

A blond boy, around the age of 20 was standing on other side of the door.

"Yes?" Hermione inquired.

"Can I talk to Mrs. Weasley?" he asked in a thick French accent.

'He must be from Fleur's side.' Hermione thought.

She nodded. "Please wait for a minute." Hermione said and boy simply nodded.

Hermione was about to close the door when Mrs. Weasley joined her on the door.

"What happened?" she asked looking at the boy.

"There is some problem with the aisle's decoration. Flowers are changing colors on their own. We tried everything we can, but nothing's working on them." He said.

"Oh god, it must be one of the stupid tricks of Fred and George. I told them not to do anything, but they just won't listen to me. They are going to ruin the wedding." Mrs. Weasley said tiredly and looking slightly worried.

Mrs. Weasley looked back at where bride was getting ready. She was in dilemma about where to go.

Hermione noticed her predicament. "Mrs. Weasley, you stay here. I'll go and see what the problem is." Hermione offered.

Mrs. Weasley looked a bit doubtful. "Are you sure that you can do it?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Yes," Hermione replied sincerely.

"Okay then. Thank you so much." Mrs. Weasley said and quickly went back to what she was doing earlier.

Hermione informed Luna about the problem and that she was leaving and left with the boy.

"Hi," boy said, "I am Fabian Delacour, Fleur's cousin." He said trying to make a conversation.

"Hello," Hermione replied politely "My name is Hermione Granger."

They both were on their way to where aisle was set up in the field.

"Hermione Granger, I have heard a lot about you." Fabian said.

"Nice things I hope." Hermione said with a laugh.

"Oh yes, Fleur speaks very highly of you." Fabian replied admiringly.

They carried their conversation until they reached to the aisle.

Aisle was set up into a garden next to where the marquee for the reception was set up. Garden was decorated beautifully and a makeshift aisle was positioned in the middle of the garden. Many white color chairs for the guests were arranged there in rows and columns in front of the aisle. Whole garden was adorned with white flowers. They complemented well with green color of trees and plants in the garden. Garden was practically glowing in the morning sunlight, with a very fresh and bright look.

Hermione noticed that colors of flowers were changing. Moreover, some kind of noise was coming from beneath the aisle.

She took out her wand and started to work on the problem, which started with finding the twins, hiding behind a large bush in the garden.

-----------------------------------------------

After losing three consecutive matches of chess to Ron, Harry decided it was the right time to stop.

"I think we should get ready. It's already 10:15." Harry said while looking at his watch.

"Yeah," Ron said as he yawned loudly.

They both took out their dress robes to get ready. After taking quick showers, they both changed into their dress robes.

Ron was ready, and Harry was trying to make his hair a bit manageable.

"Let's go down." Ron said.

"You go; I'll be there in a few minutes." Harry replied.

"Ok," Ron said and left the room.

-----------------------------------------------------

After around 10 minutes of no success in making his hair manageable, Harry decided to leave the room. He stepped out of the room and made his way to stairs, only to find Hermione coming upstairs with fast steps. She was still in her morning clothes.

"Where were you?" Harry asked as Hermione reached to the landing where he was standing. Hermione looked startled for a minute.

"Oh it's you. You gave me quite a scare." Hermione said as she tried to control her fast breathing.

She was just coming back from the garden. It had taken her more time than she had expected to reverse the tricks that twins had used on the aisle decorations. On the top of it all, twins didn't know how to reverse their tricks. It had taken them a long time to figure out the right spell to fix the problem. She was running short of time. It was already close to 11:00 AM by the time they were done. So she had run all the way from aisle to the house.

"Sorry, but why aren't you ready yet?" Harry asked.

Hermione took a deep breath and explained. "You know, there was some problem with the aisle decorations. Fred and George had tried some of their tricks. Then, they had no idea how to undo the tricks. They didn't know any counter spell or any other method to solve the problem, or at least that's what they said to me. We tried so many spells until we found the right one and twins were so infuriating. Most of the time they were doing the wrong spells, and I think they were doing it on purpose just to annoy me. Finally, I had to threaten them to stop trying anything at all." Hermione said all this in one breath.

"Whoa! Just slow down a bit Hermione," Harry said teasingly. He looked at his girlfriend intently, his eyes sparkling with mirth.

Hermione was in a right state. Her hair were tied in messy ponytail, her cheeks were flushed, her eyes were bright, and her breathing was ragged. Harry wanted nothing more than to take her to some secluded corner of the house and make love to her.

"Well, I have to go. I am already late." Hermione said as she started to leave.

"Hermione wait," Harry called after her.

Hermione turned around to look at him. "What is it Harry? I am already so late." Hermione said a bit impatiently.

"Sorry, but can you help me with my hair? You know I want to look my best today." Harry said making a pleading face, which he knew Hermione, wouldn't be able to resist.

Hermione sighed and stepped closer to him. She touched his hair, loving the feel of his soft locks.

"I like your hair just the way they are." Hermione said in a soft voice. Then, she tried to settle his hair with her hand.

"If you want I can use a spell. I read about it once when we were at Hogwarts. I was searching for something in the library, that's when I came across this spell." Hermione said trying to remember the correct incantation for the spell.

Harry smiled mischievously and before Hermione knew what was happening she was trapped between Harry's strong arms. Harry had slipped his hands around her waist while she was distracted.

He pulled her closer.

"Now I understand why you wanted my help with your hair." Hermione said with mock anger in her voice.

"What can I say? I have not kissed you since morning. Then, you suddenly turn up in front of me looking so delectable. I just couldn't let the opportunity pass." Harry said as he leaned closer to her.

Hermione knew she was getting late, but she could not resist kissing him. As a result, she covered remaining distance between them, capturing his lips in a passionate kiss. Harry pulled her closer as he deepened the kiss. He held her firmly in his embrace as he devoured her mouth.

Hermione pulled back, keeping the kiss brief and passionate.

"I should go now or I would not be able to attend the wedding ceremony on time." She said softly.

Harry nodded in understanding. "Ok. I'll be waiting for you downstairs." Harry said as he released Hermione from his embrace.

Hermione kissed him lightly one last time and then she left quickly.

---------------------------------------------

Hermione reached to her room, took out her dress, and quickly slipped it on.

She heard a knock on the door. Luna was there on the other side. Hermione let her in.

"Wow Luna, you are looking great." Hermione complimented as she looked at Luna properly.

She was wearing a light pink, strapless, knee-length dress. Her dress had a white ribbon around her waist. Her hair were styled in a mound of curls half-up cascading to half-down. She had few jasmine flowers tucked in her hair, which suited very well with her pink dress and blond hair.

"You are late Hermione." Luna said, as Hermione brushed her hair sitting on a stool in front of the mirror.

Luna had been waiting for Hermione in Fleur's room. Once she was ready, she left the room to find Hermione. She met Harry and Ron downstairs in the kitchen. She asked them about Hermione and Harry told her that she had gone to her room to get ready.

"Yeah I know. It took longer than I expected to find the right solution at the aisle." Hermione said. She checked her watch. It was already 11:20.

"My hair are going to take forever." Hermione said worriedly as she started brushing her hair.

She turned to look at Luna who was sitting on Ginny's bed and looking at her as though if she was some unusual and an interesting creature.

"What are you waiting for? Help me with my hair." Hermione said edgily.

Luna grinned at her. "I was just waiting for you to ask." She said and got up to help Hermione.

"You know you have very nice hair." Luna said as she moved her finger through Hermione's long curly tresses.

"You call this bush, nice hair." Hermione said derisively.

"Honestly Hermione," Luna chided nicely.

"Now let's see what can be done with your hair." Luna said.

------------------------------------------------

Harry had found Ron downstairs in the kitchen. He was munching some homemade biscuits of Mrs. Weasley.

"Hey Harry, want some?" Ron asked as he gestured towards the plate of biscuits.

Harry looked at him with a questioning glance.

"What? I am feeling hungry, who knows how long will it take for reception to start." Ron said casually while eating his biscuits.

Harry just rolled his eyes at his best friends and took the empty seat next to him.

They conversed for sometime about wedding, school, training, Quidditch, and many other things.

A few moments later, Luna approached them asking about Hermione. Harry told her that he had seen her just a few minutes back before she left to get ready. Then, Luna left to look for Hermione.

"I think we should go outside and see if girls are there." Harry said.

"Yeah, come on let's go." Ron said as he finished the last biscuit and then they both left the kitchen.

They both stopped when they saw Luna coming down.

"Hey love." Ron said with a wide smile and kissing her softly.

"Hello Ron," Luna said with a dreamy smile.

"Where's Hermione?" Harry asked.

"She is coming." Luna said gesturing towards stairs. They were waiting for Hermione when Ginny came down. She was wearing a single thick strap, forest green color, ankle length gown, which was compatible with her fiery red tresses. It was made of a crisp, smooth, plain-woven fabric with a slight sheen, which was clinging very nicely to her slender figure. Strap of the dress was adorned with big shining emerald color flower. Her hair were made in a loose bun with soft curls framing both sides of her face nicely.

"Hi Harry," Ginny said shyly as she came down.

"Hey Ginny, you are looking great." Harry said appreciation evident in his voice.

"Thank you Harry. You are looking handsome too." She replied with a soft smile.

Harry was about to reply when Hermione came downstairs and Harry simply became speechless. He had no words to describe how she looked. She was wearing the pure white color, halter knee-length, bow dress made with silk and satin. Her hair were falling down to her waist in irregular but smooth curls, giving her hair a little bit of messy but wavy look, and a single white lily was tucked in her hair just above her right ear.

Their eyes met. Hermione didn't need any words to know what Harry was feeling that moment. Look in his eyes said it all, making her feel hot with pleasure and delight. His eyes were dark with passion and love. He was looking at her with such intense desire, which made her feel warm inside, and out.

"Hey everyone, let's go. Ceremony is about to begin in next few minutes." Hermione said trying to distract herself from the intense desire, which was bubbling inside her.

"Yeah," Ron said and walked ahead with Luna. Harry, Ginny, and Hermione followed them outside.

----------------------------------------------------

Since the night they had been intimate with each other at the deepest level, Hermione felt that her body had become much more aware of Harry's presence around her. His kisses, touches, and caresses affected her lot more deeply than they ever did before.

Hermione was walking slightly ahead of Harry and Ginny, as she didn't want to look at Harry. She was sure if she looked at him, she wouldn't be able to ignore the thought that how delectable he looked in his dress robes and would do something like snog him in front of everyone and she was sure Harry wouldn't mind that at all.

Hermione could feel his eyes roaming over her body as they made their way to the garden. Harry lightly brushed his hand against her arm as they were walking. Hermione quivered at his light touch and felt overwhelmed with desire coursing through her veins. She looked at Harry with narrowed eyes, but Harry wasn't looking at her, he was talking to Ginny. He looked in Hermione's direction for a second, winked at her smiling mischievously, and then looked back at Ginny to talk.

Hermione huffed. Harry was playing with her. He knew about the kind of effect he had on her and was definitely taking full advantage of it.

They finally reached to the garden. People were already sitting there.

"Well guys, Ginny, Luna, and I have to go." Ron said looking a bit apologetic.

"Go ahead Ron. Don't worry about us. We'll see you later." Harry said. Hermione nodded in agreement.

Ron, Ginny, and Luna left to join the rest of the wedding party, leaving Harry and Hermione alone.

-------------------------------------------------

Hermione grabbed Harry's hand.

"Harry look, Remus, Tonks, and Teddy are sitting there." Hermione said enthusiastically pointing towards the front rows.

Harry looked in that direction. "Yeah, come on, let's join them." He replied dragging Hermione along with him.

"Hey Remus," Harry said as he reached to where Remus was sitting.

"Harry," Remus greeted him enthusiastically, standing up and pulling him into a hug. Then, he hugged Hermione as well.

"Wotcher, Harry, Hermione! You two have grown up so much since the last time we met." Tonks said cheerfully. She was holding a sleepy Teddy in her arms.

Harry and Hermione sat next to Remus where some chairs were empty, probably due to Tonks' bright blue hair, which were matching with her dress.

----------------------------------------------

Wedding ceremony was beautiful. Bill looked very handsome in his black dress robes. Fleur looked heavenly and beautiful in her equally beautiful wedding gown, as she walked down to the aisle.

Mr. Weasley was looking at his son like a proud father and Mrs. Weasley couldn't stop the tears of joy that were falling from her eyes, as priest announced Bill and Fleur as the husband and wife. Whole crowd applauded cheerfully as the newly married couple shared the first kiss of their married life. It was a happy moment for everyone who was present there when the vows were said.

--------------------------------------------------

After wedding ceremony was over, reception had started. Almost everyone in the reception was talking about how beautiful the wedding was. Bill and Fleur shared the first dance and soon other couples joined them on the dance floor.

"Well, finally, it's over. Fleur was taking forever to walk down to the aisle." Ron said inarticulately.

"Honestly Ron, you are so tactless. It was a beautiful wedding and Fleur was just doing fine." Hermione scolded.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Luna were sharing a table and were taking in their drinks.

Sensing another fight between Harry and Hermione, Harry interrupted immediately.

"Hermione, would you like to dance with me?" Harry asked looking towards his girlfriend.

Hermione looked surprised at this, and so did Ron.

"Since when have you started dancing?" Ron asked his best friend of eight years.

"I could always make an exception for my dear lady." Harry said teasingly while looking at Hermione. He offered his hand to her.

Hermione blushed at this.

Ron just rolled his eyes. "She is really having a very bad effect on you, mate." He said humorously.

Hermione narrowed her eyes at him and raised her hand to hit him on the head, but he just dodged in time and started laughing.

"I think it's very sweet of Harry to do something like this for his girlfriend." Luna said dreamily.

Hermione grinned at Ron in triumph.

"I am sure Ron would be a great dancer Luna." Hermione said in an amused voice. Ron scowled at her. He knew she was trying to trap him to dance with Luna.

"Sorry Luna, but I am a horrible dancer." Ron said uncomfortably, looking at his girlfriend, expecting her to understand.

"It's Ok Ron. You don't have to dance." Luna said with a smile, trying to hide her disappointment.

Ron huffed. Hermione's ploy had worked. Luna was probably thinking that he didn't want to dance with her and was just making excuses. That means he would have to dance with her to convince her that he wanted to dance with her."

"Really now, if Harry can dance, so can I." Ron said with mock serious voice, as he looked at Harry. Luna smiled at him dreamily as he pulled her out of chair and led her to the dance floor.

Harry started laughing. "You surely know how to push the right buttons to get the desired results." Harry said as he sat back on his chair.

"There are always some advantages for me, you know for being the smartest witch of my age Mr. Potter." Hermione said in an old ladylike manner.

"Now, are you going to take me on the dance floor or not?" Hermione asked with a challenging stare. She knew Harry detested dancing, but he looked very adorable when he tried not to step on the toes of his partner while dancing.

Harry was definitely in a mood to make exceptions today. "Come on." Harry said as he stood up and offered his hand to an amazed Hermione.

Hermione took his hand and let him lead her to the dance floor.

It was a slow song. Hermione wrapped her arms around Harry's neck and let him pull her closer.

They both were dancing with each other, completely lost in each other, unaware of the people around them. To Hermione's surprise, Harry was actually dancing well.

"Would you tell me, why were you crying that day and why were you sad this morning when Luna and Ginny were leaving to get ready?" Harry asked looking into Hermione's eyes. Hermione avoided looking directly into his eyes, but when Harry's grip tightened on her, she looked up.

"It was nothing, Harry. Really, I was just feeling a little overwhelmed both the times." Hermione said with a weak smile.

"I think you know that I know you are lying." Harry said looking at Hermione with intense eyes.

Hermione knew she would not be able to hide it from Harry for long. He was always very protective of her, but she didn't want any problems to occur between him and Mrs. Weasley. Harry had always considered Mrs. Weasley as his surrogate mother, and it would hurt him to know that she didn't approve of their relationship.

However, Hermione also knew that if she lied to Harry, it would hurt him more than having a strained relationship with Mrs. Weasley. He trusted her unconditionally, shared all his problems with her, and in return he wanted her to trust him and share her problems with him.

"It's just that, I don't think Mrs. Weasley like me much. I don't think she even considers me as her family either." Hermione said in a low voice, "Also, I think she is not happy with the thing that we are dating." She finished and looked away from Harry.

Harry knew what Hermione was talking about. He remembered how Mrs. Weasley had treated Hermione during their fourth year when Rita Skeeter had written false stories about how Hermione was playing with the feelings of both Harry and Viktor Krum.

He had thought that those matters were resolved long ago. However, most likely Mrs. Weasley still had the same thoughts about Hermione.

"Probably, she is still holding what happened during fourth year against you." Harry said thoughtfully.

Hermione nodded. "My thoughts exactly, I just hope she would get over it with time. But you know that I am not just playing with you. Don't you?" Hermione said looking uncertain.

Harry cupped Hermione's cheek and looked into her chocolate-brown eyes deeply. "Hermione, I know you better than I know myself and I know that you love me. And, I love you too." Harry said in a soft but passionate voice, kissing her lightly on the lips.

Hermione smiled at him and rested her head on his shoulder as they both continued swaying on the song. They both danced together on next song as well.

"I think we should get something to eat." Hermione said as she started feeling hungry and Harry nodded, as he was famished as well.

They both left the dance floor and made their way to food table. They filled their plates and sat on an empty table.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Food was really great." Harry said after they finished eating.

"Yeah, trust Mrs. Weasley to get the best food for her son's marriage." Hermione said appreciatively.

They both continued to talk when Mrs. Weasley joined them.

"Are you both enjoying the reception?" she asked them in a motherly voice.

"Yes Mrs. Weasley. Reception has been incredible and food is really good." Harry replied sincerely.

Mrs. Weasley blushed at this. "Oh thank you dear." She said gently.

"Can you please do me a favor, Harry?" Mrs. Weasley asked genially.

"Of course, Mrs. Weasley. What is it?" he asked.

"You know Ginny has been sitting alone for quite some time now. Dean was his date for the wedding, but he didn't come due to some reason. Can you ask her for a dance? She won't dance with anyone she doesn't know and not at all with her brothers." Mrs. Weasley said, gesturing towards where Ginny was sitting alone, sipping her drink, and looking sourly at the dance floor.

Harry didn't know what to answer. He didn't want to leave Hermione alone. He looked up at Hermione. She nodded at him lightly so that Mrs. Weasley wouldn't notice.

"Yeah sure Mrs. Weasley," Harry replied genuinely, but still feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Oh thank you Harry dear." Mrs. Weasley said gratefully and left to look after other guests.

"Well, so much for wanting to spend some time with my gorgeous girlfriend." Harry said despondently.

Hermione just laughed and squeezed his hand.

"Don't worry Harry, we would have lots of time later to spend together. Reception has just started." Hermione said with a wink.

Harry gave her a roguish grin and leaned forward towards her until their faces were just inches apart. "Later then, you promise?" Harry whispered huskily in her ear.

Hermione knew what he was suggesting. "Promise," She whispered back looking into his intense emerald green eyes.

Harry smiled at her and kissed her firmly on the lips. Then, he left to go towards the table where Ginny was sitting.

------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Ginny," Harry said as he sat down next to her.

"Hi Harry," Ginny replied with an endearing smile.

"So, are you enjoying the reception?" Harry asked and two seconds later, he felt stupid for asking such an unnecessary question as it was undoubtedly visible that she wasn't enjoying.

Ginny just shrugged her shoulders in response and looked away towards the dance floor, clearly indicating to Harry that she wanted to dance. Harry sighed.

"Would you like to dance with me?" he asked her with a smile.

Ginny smiled dazzlingly. "I would love to." She replied brightly. They both made their way to the dance floor. To Harry's bad luck, it was a slow song. He felt a little frustrated when Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry's neck, which means that Harry had to put his hands on her waist, and then they both started dancing. For a moment, he wanted nothing more than leave Ginny and go back to Hermione. It's not that Ginny was not an enjoyable company, he just wanted Hermione right now. He knew Hermione wouldn't appreciate if he left Ginny alone, so he tried to make some kind of conversation with Ginny while they continued dancing.

Hermione was watching the dance floor from afar. Dancing couples was enjoying themselves. Fred and George were dancing with their dates. Remus was trying to dance with an overenthusiastic Tonks. Bill and Fleur had left the dance floor earlier with their sore feet as they had danced non-stop on ten songs at least. And Harry, well, he was dancing with a beautiful looking Ginny. They both actually looked together.

Hermione looked around, trying to find Ron and Luna, but they were nowhere to be seen.

'Must have disappeared somewhere doing god knows what.' Hermione mused with an inner chuckle.

She once again directed her gaze towards the dance floor to where Harry and Ginny were dancing.

They both were chatting amiably. She smiled thinking that there was a time when Ginny had a huge crush on Harry and would have done anything to have his attention on her. However, as years passed she became a very good friend to Harry.

Hermione was just hoping that Ginny didn't have any feelings for Harry now, as in the end, it would just hurt her.

------------------------------------------------------

Later Hermione saw Viktor Krum coming towards her. She was surprised to see him there. When she asked him, he told her that he was invited from Fleur's side. They both were talking for some time and all of a sudden, Krum asked her for a dance for the sake of old days. Hermione hesitated a bit. She didn't want him to get the wrong idea about her intentions towards him, but then agreed.

On the dance floor, Hermione tried to keep a safe distance between her and Krum. The way Krum was talking and looking at her, it was pretty obvious that he still harbored more than friendly feelings for her. He had actually started calling her Herms, as he still wasn't able to pronounce her name properly. Hermione started to feel uncomfortable and just wanted to get away from him. She was trying to hint him that she wasn't interested in him, but he blatantly ignored them.

Hermione didn't want to create a scene in front of all the guests. She was hardly listening to what he was saying. She was finally thinking to be a bit harsh with him, but she was interrupted when somebody tapped Krum on his shoulder.

"Can I cut in?" Harry asked politely.

Krum seemed a bit irritated by this. It looked like he was going to say no.

"Sure, Harry." Hermione spoke before Krum could deny. She quickly grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him to other end of the dance floor, away from Krum who had a bitter expression on his face.

-----------------------------------------------------

When Harry was dancing with Ginny, he also kept stealing glances to where Hermione was sitting. She was looking around when Viktor Krum had joined her.

Harry scowled a bit remembering that Krum had feelings for Hermione in the past. Ginny was saying something to Harry, but he wasn't able to make out what she was saying as he was hardly listening to her. His mind was simply focused on Hermione. He just wanted to go back to her. Then, he saw them moving towards the dance floor.

'That Krum better keep his hands to himself.' Harry thought bitterly.

He started thinking of a way to get away from Ginny. It was then that his savior arrived.

"Can I cut in?" a voice asked from behind Harry.

Harry and Ginny stopped dancing to look who it was.

"Hey Colin," Harry said with a warm smile as he looked at the boy. Colin Creevy was a big fan of Harry Potter in school and was a year younger than he was. He was in the same year as Ginny's and due to sharing of classes during last year at Hogwarts, Harry, and Colin had become very good friends.

"Hi Harry, Ginny," Colin greeted sincerely.

"So can I cut in?" Colin asked again looking hopefully at the elder boy.

Harry took the hint and internally thanked Colin to show at the right time. "Sure," Harry said as he stepped aside. He quickly left to where Hermione and Krum were dancing without looking back at Ginny.

--------------------------------------------------------

Once Hermione was again in his arms, Harry sighed with relief.

Hermione looked at him with puzzled look in her eyes. "What is it, Harry?" She asked.

"Finally, we are back together." Harry said with a smile.

"Yeah, these few minutes of separation were horrible. Isn't it?" Hermione asked teasingly.

"True. Especially after seeing you in this dress, now all I want is to take this off you and have my way with you." Harry said with a wicked grin.

Hermione blushed at this. "But then what are we doing here?" She asked boldly.

"Are you suggesting the same thing that I am thinking right now, Ms. Granger?" Harry asked with raised eyebrows, his eyes turning dark with passion.

"And what would you do if I am?" Hermione said challengingly.

"Oh, now you would want to know about it, won't you? Always want to learn new things." Harry said playfully.

Hermione's cheeks were flushed. She gasped when Harry pulled her away from the dance floor and leading her straightaway out of the marquee.

Harry took her to the house and straight to the room he was sharing with Ron. He opened the door and stepped inside. However, before Hermione could get inside, Harry moved back out quickly and closed the door.

"What happened?" Hermione asked looking puzzled by Harry's action.

"Ron and Luna," Harry said.

Hermione started giggling. "Come on let's go in Ginny's room." Hermione said and led him to that room.

They both spend next couple of hours there kissing, talking, and snuggling together. Once reception was over and Bill and Fleur left for their Honeymoon, guests started leaving as well. When they realized that other occupants of the house were coming back, Harry and Hermione quickly came out of the room with a promise to be together again later that night.

---------------------------------------------------

Author's note: - So what do you think? Did you like it? Hope you like it. Please tell me through your REVIEWS.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->