Unofficial Portkey Archive

Jedi Mages by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Jedi Mages

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own nobody of the characters, they are property of JK Rowling

A/N: I really appreciate your comments so please go on reviewing! And Thanks to my beta Petunia. I want to apologize to all of you who thinks that this story has to have more emotions of characters out of Harry and Hermione. I'm focusing on them and their mage powers on this fic, so you won't see the others' emotions more than little hints on Ron's. I also apologize if the school year is running, but I think the training, the battle and H/Hr are the main topics of the fic.

Coolone007: Ah, now I got what you were meaning. Well, let's say that this is not a risk, because old Tom is using Ron as an instrument, and doesn't care to ask advices to him. After all he is a Weasley…

Sweetkiwi456: I'm sorry for the letter, but I am not able to fix it `cause when I change it from Word doc to HTML it makes it.

Mister_Midnight: Well, they say he is missing because they don't know what he had been doing all the year, so not seeing him they think he is missing. But we all know where he is, don't we? ;) and Harry brought the letter to Dumbledore, so if the Headmaster had not been able to give them information on him, who could? Certainly not the Daily Prophet…

Fire Gazer: Well, he had done his choice, and in not very long time you'll know what his choice is.

HnH4EvA19: Well, he is in company of the mysterious guy…if you read many reviews, many readers had guessed who this man is.

KypDurron: Probably he is doing what you fear, however he will return by his own will. Read this chapter and you'll find him at school.

Athena: Yes, you're right on Ron.

RickyElRey. Well, let's say you're right, but he won't learn from his mistake. He would not be able to do it.

JuneAngelas: Yes, Ron is doing that.

Chapter Fifteen

"The Year of the Truth Begins"

On one of the last days of summer, Dumbledore gave them a free day for going shopping at Diagon Alley. They Flooed to the Leaky Cauldron, and from there they went to buy all what they needed for the coming school year - their last year at Hogwarts.

They visited "Flourish and Blotts", the book shop then they bought their Potions ingredients in the apothecary. Finally they wandered through the streets with their arms around each other, looking at the shops. As usual Harry was mesmerised by "Quality Quidditch Supplies". They headed back to the Leaky Cauldron to have lunch, where they met some other Gryffindors: Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnegan and Lavender Brown.

They all had lunch together, then Harry and Hermione returned to Hogwarts by Floo. They settled their new belongings in their trunks and then relaxed in the common room.

Some days later they went to Hogsmeade station, to greet their friends. Harry was still worried about Ron and the lack of news from Dumbledore certainly didn't calm him down. However, he trusted his friend and in the depths of his heart was sure the red haired boy was doing nothing bad.

After the greetings, Harry and Hermione left for their Head Boy and Girl duties while all the other seventh year Gryffindors returned together to the castle, chatting happily; even Ron was trying to be the usual Ron Harry and Hermione had known through the years. They reached the castle and entered the Great Hall. All of them were attentive while watching the sorting, then they started to eat, after Dumbledore's usual speech.

After dinner, Harry and Hermione left to the prefects the duty of accompanying the first years to their dorms, and went to their private common room. As Head Boy and Head Girl, they had also private bedrooms.

They sat on a couch, in front of the fire, reading a novel. Actually, Harry was reading aloud while Hermione was hugging him with her eyes closed, while listening to him. After a while, they decided to go to bed so they wished each other Good Night and sealed it with a long, passionate kiss.

Harry was getting into bed, wondering what he had done to deserve her, when the lights in his room turned off. He turned and felt his lips captured by hers.

"You didn't think I would leave you alone tonight, Mr. Potter…did you?" she whispered. They got into the bed and fell asleep.

Days passed smoothly for both of them - Harry was still the Quidditch Captain, so had to fulfil that duty, added to the mage training and the hard work for the N.E.W.T.s, however he found always time to be dedicated to his wonderful girlfriend…and lover.

Dumbledore was very proud of them, first for their mage achievements but also for their good results at school, as McGonagall didn't fail to report. Being with Hermione had transformed Harry into the top male student in his year, while as usual Hermione was the top girl. They really formed "the perfect couple", as many of their fellow students kept calling them.

At the beginning of October, they had reached an excellent level in using their swords, even in deflecting the "Unforgivables"…well, at least, the Imperius and the Cruciatus ones.

One night Dumbledore spoke to them before the beginning of the training.

"Harry…Hermione…I have to say you that I think you are ready for the next step, that is deflecting the "Avada Kedavra"…however, I need your opinion…if you do not feel keen to try it, we will delay it."

"I'll try" Harry said, while Hermione was still thinking.

"Actually, I'm a little scared…but I trust Dumbledore's judgement; plus, Harry is doing it, and if he does this, I'll do it too"; she thought. She agreed.

Dumbledore cast an "Avada Kedavra" on Harry, ready to reduce it…but Harry's sword moved toward the green light, and the curse was absorbed by the sword itself. They tried this at least twenty times, before leaving the scene to Hermione.

The smartest Hogwarts witch waved her sword before the curse, and for a moment her sword trembled, letting her think the worst - but it returned to normal, and she let her breath regain it normal pace. She also did it at least twenty times, then Dumbledore stopped them.

"Well, my dears…I think from this moment, both of you are ready to face Voldemort. You need only to keep your skills sharp, so from tomorrow night we will have mage duels between you two but also you two against us…now, you may go to bed."

Harry and Hermione left the room, and went to their rooms. Here they changed and went to sleep together again. They had discovered the pleasure of sleeping in each other's arms and it was by now an habit for them, helped by the fact they had their own rooms so they had not to worry about the other Gryffindors' judgement.

Time flew quickly, and the first Quidditch match came round, with Gryffindor against Ravenclaw. It was an easy won, as Harry caught the Snitch after only five minutes. Strangely, the Snitch was hovering just Hermione's head in the Gryffindor stand, and he almost crashed into her to catch it.

Meanwhile, the training was still going on, every night at the same place, Harry and Hermione always getting better at duelling. One night, they entered the Room of Requirement as usual, and started to battle in pairs…Harry with Dumbledore, Hermione with McGonagall.

That was a fierce battle, not like the first, in which the Professors won easily. This time, the duel lasted a long time, and finally Harry managed to dab Dumbledore's chest with the tip of his sword, making the alarm spell sound and ending that duel. Then they watched Hermione and McGonagall - the Professor defended herself valiantly, but she was still in great difficulties. Finally, Hermione won her duel, too.

Christmas holidays arrived, and Harry and Hermione were alone again in Gryffindor Tower. Ron had done his disappearing act again, and Harry reported it to Dumbledore.

"Harry…I have an idea where he could be, but this is not good, so for now I would prefer to not tell you that, if you agree. That would be a strong shock for you, and after all, if my theory is true, you'll find it out very soon."

Harry nodded reluctantly and left the Headmaster's office wondering what Dumbledore was suggesting.