Unofficial Portkey Archive

Jedi Mages by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Jedi Mages

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own nobody of the characters, they are the property of JK Rowling

A/N: Thanks to all of you who had reviewed this story, and special thanks to my wonderful beta Petunia.

KypDurron: Ron is trying to obtain what he wants with every way he can think…and this guy, you'll see later who he is, had offered to help him…

Sweetkiwi456: Yeah, the guy Ron is talking about is very evil…however, you'll see later how the thing about Hermione being a mage will be resolved.

Coolone007: No, I'm not making Ron as a Slytherin…without that guy's offer he would act as you say, but he is restraining himself waiting the moment to have the help of that person. He knows against Harry he can do very little.

Shawnpickett: It's not so sure Ron will have the opening he searches…you'll see in the next chapters…however, yes, your hypothesis about what he is doing is true…

The Dark Aeon: You'll see later why I called it Jedi Mages…however, a little connection with Star Wars is present…

Chapter Seven

"Quidditch and Feelings"

Ron was starting to hate Harry more and more every day. Hermione seemed to be always looking at him, and Harry was always looking back. It seemed less and less likely that the chance to step between them would come.

Even worse, Harry was elected as the new Gryffindor captain so he had to obey to his instructions during Quidditch training. Yes Harry was a good coach, he had created a new tactic that actually seemed very difficult for the opponents to overcome, especially from a defensive point of view. But Ron hated to be always second to Harry, and even at Quidditch he had to accept this.

"Soon I'll take my revenge on him, just like that man keeps telling me. I have to have faith in him" he thought, while leaving the changing room to go on the pitch for practice.

Hermione had said she had a lot of studying to do, refusing Harry's offer to go and watch them practice. But after a while she could not resist having a look. She reached the pitch and sneaked into the stand, trying to not be seen.

He was so lovely, concentrating on searching for the Snitch all over the field. Now he was also the captain, he had the determined expression of a leader on his face, which gave Hermione thrills down her spine. Every time he looked in her direction, she saw those wonderful green eyes, dark with purpose. She felt she could melt in his eyes.

*************************

Some days later, the time of the first Quidditch match arrived, against Ravenclaw. Harry and Cho being the captains, shook hands, and the match began. Hermione had never loved Quidditch that much, but when Harry was playing, nothing could keep her far from the game. In fact once she had been so busy watching Harry play, she didn't notice Crabbe, Ron and Goyle fighting behind her.

When he had to shake hands with her, Harry looked at Cho coldly. He understood that she was not the girl for him and he had now no interest in her. He suspected that she still felt something for him, in the depths of her heart.

They started to look for the Snitch. The Gryffindor Chasers were scoring often while the Ravenclaw ones had great difficulty even in shooting towards Ron. The few times they managed to do this the Gryffindor Keeper stopped their attempts easily - he had improved a lot, in the last year.

Finally, Harry decided to lose Cho who was following him everywhere, so he started a dive, and she followed him. He pulled up short and she crashed on the ground…the famous "Wronski Feint" had worked!

Harry saw Hermione in the Gryffindor stand, and even though she was always there, his heart skipped a beat. He luckily avoided a Bludger, and decided to restart searching for the Snitch. Suddenly he saw it and accelerating he caught it a few meters from Hermione's face. He grinned at her while the crowd cheered and she replied with an huge, heart warming smile.

He almost fell off his broom, to see her smiling so warmly at him. Thankfully, he landed safely and joined his team mates in the changing rooms.

*******************************

A week later, Harry was really nervous. That weekend was the first Hogsmeade weekend, and he had wanted to ask Hermione out for a long time. Even if he thought of this as a friendly date, not something too serious, he was still confused. It felt so strange thinking of her in this way, but every time he saw her, he wanted to kiss her, every time he heard her laughter, his heart felt lighter, every time he looked in her chocolate brown eyes, he felt dizzy and unable to speak. How could he deny that he was falling for her, for his real best friend?

Finally he decided that this was the day. He would ask her out and accept the consequences of his action. Probably she would laugh in his face, but he had to try.

When she reached the common room, that morning, Harry gathered all his courage.

"Mione…I was thinking…do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?" he asked

"Harry…we always go to Hogsmeade together."

"Damn! What now? She didn't understand what I meant" he thought, but decided to try again.

"Yes…but I was meaning without Ron…only you and me" he said, blushing

"He's asking me for a date! Please, if this is a dream, don't wake me!" she thought

" Are you asking me for a date?" she asked, going red

"Umm…yes…" he said, now even redder.

"Ok, Harry...I accept. Let's go and have breakfast" she said

While going to the Great Hall, she felt her heart jumping for joy. Harry had asked her out!

Harry's heart was doing the same - she had accepted to go on a date with him!

Finally, Saturday morning arrived, and Harry dressed very nervously.

"Hey, mate…what's the problem? We're going to Hogsmeade like we always do. Why are you so nervous?" Ron asked, faking concern.

"Well, Ron…this weekend, I won't be hanging around with you. I've got a date."

"A date? But that's wonderful, mate! Who is the lucky girl?"

"Actually, I can't tell you. I'm the lucky one, though."

"This is my chance! With that prat out of the way, I can work on Hermione" Ron thought, and smiled.

At breakfast, he noticed that Hermione was very well dressed.

"She's dressed up because she knows she'll be spending the day alone with me! Surely she loves me" he thought

"Where do you want to go, Hermy? Harry has a date, today, so we are alone…" he asked.

"Actually, Ron, I have a date too, but I can't tell you who he is" she replied, and Ron's face fell.

"She has a date…but with who? I have to follow her!" he thought

At Hogsmeade, Harry meet up with Hermione. He had given Luna the task of keeping Ron occupied, so they passed their special day without problems or spies.

When they met, Harry took her hand, and they headed to a small tea-room in a secondary street. As soon as they entered, Harry led her to a table in the corner and they sat still hand in hand.

"What do you like, Mione?" Harry asked

"I think I'll take a mug of coffee, thanks"

Harry ordered their drinks, he took a coffee too, then returned to her. They started chatting happily.

"So, how are you doing with the training?" Hermione asked

"Well, I suppose it is going well. The Headmaster is already training me on how to deflect and reduce the curses. By the way, thank you for waiting my return every night…I appreciate it very much."

"It's nothing, Harry. After all, when the common room is deserted, it's the best time to study, isn't it?" she replied, smiling.

After a while, they went for a walk in the village. Harry had all the time his arm around her waist but she didn't mind at all. Instead she often leaned herself on him while walking.

Three times Harry almost kissed her but his brain reminded him that he was not supposed to do this. He had presented this as a friendly date and didn't want to push things too much.

Hermione understood why he was restraining himself, but she was still a little sad that he didn't kiss her.

"The time will come, Mione…just wait till he's totally ready." she thought.

When they returned to the castle, that afternoon, however, Harry couldn't stop himself anymore, and gave her a quick peck on the lips.