Unofficial Portkey Archive

Jedi Mages by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Jedi Mages

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own nobody of the characters, they are property of JK Rowling

A/N: Thanks to all of you! Your reviews are very important for me. And thanks to my wonderful beta, Petunia.

Coolone007: Well, maybe she would have put him in the hospital, if he had tried again. For Harry, he was still happy for Hermione rejecting Ron…

Shawnpickett: You'll see what Ron would do now…and what he would receive…*laughs*

HnH4EvA19: Yes, Ron is a great prat…and he will go even worse.

Antone: It is still nothing about what Ron is really up to…

Chapter Nine

"The most powerful"

Harry was on his way to the dorm when he heard her whispering. He stopped and looked at her, but she didn't turn. He watched as she disappeared upstairs.

"Is it true? Did she really call me "my love"? Or am I going mad?" he thought.

He remained there thinking about this for a couple of minutes.

`I'm probably hearing things. She would never think about me in that way. Just because she didn't shout at me for kissing her this afternoon, doesn't mean she likes me," he concluded.

As he reached his dorm he saw Ron in his bed, for the first time in months as he was supposed to be every night. Harry couldn't help wondering what his friend was up to.

The next few days passed quickly. Between lessons, Quidditch practice and mage training every night, Harry had a very little free time. Yet his thoughts were always occupied with wondering what he was supposed to do now about Hermione…should he ask her out again? Should he give up? But everything had been so good at the weekend!

Another Quidditch match arrived, this time against Hufflepuff. Harry couldn't help but be a little nervous as he stood waiting for the match to start, even if he didn't know why. Finally the speaker called the players' names. Harry was the last to be called, as the Seeker.

"POTTER!" he heard, and took off, going for a quick flight above the pitch. He landed again to shake hands with the Hufflepuff Captain. He couldn't help remembering Cedric and his tragic death at this moment.

"I need to destroy Voldemort for Cedric too," Harry thought, while starting to take his position.

Madam Hooch blew in her whistle, and the match started.

Ginny and the other Chasers were doing a great job, defending and counter attacking, and the score very soon started to increase for Gryffindor, while for Hufflepuff it remained at zero…after some time, Harry saw the Snitch…he dived but a Bludger forced him to abandon it.

The Hufflepuff Seeker was always behind him, but when Harry saw the Snitch again he managed to lose him with a burst of speed from his Firebolt. Again he went into a dive and followed the Snitch…it turned suddenly but Harry managed to remain near it…the Snitch was heading toward the base of the rings…Harry continued to accelerate…

CRASH!!

Harry crashed into the base of one of the Hufflepuff rings. There was blood all around him, but he had caught the Snitch in his right hand!

Madam Pomfrey arrived on the pitch.

"Potter, your injuries are very serious. You have at least four broken ribs, some internal wounds, and a broken arm."

Hermione, who had run up behind her, couldn't restrain her tears. She ran away from the field sobbing.

As Harry lay sleepless, aching from the potion Madam Pomfrey gave him, the Gryffindors were cheering the victors in the Common Room.

Ron had decided to try again with Hermione. After all the others had gone to bed, he sidled up to Hermione, who was reading on a couch, and kissed her again on the lips.

"This time Harry will not ruin my moment," he thought.

In the hospital wing, Harry sat up suddenly, his scar throbbing weakly. He had a clear vision of what was happening to Hermione and immediately knew what to do to stop it. He concentrated fiercely…

All of a sudden, in the common room, Ron flew against the wall and was stunned.

"I didn't do anything this time," Hermione though in shock. She didn't have time to think about it too much, as she had to leave for training.

That night, Hermione also had an obstacle course to cross.

At the end of the training, she asked McGonagall the question that had been bothering her since Ron hit the wall.

"Professor…can a mage perform wandless magic from one room to another, many floors above?"

"Well, I know about only one mage who was able to do wandless magic across a great distance, and he is our Headmaster. Maybe you should ask him."

Hermione went straight to Dumbledore's office. The Headmaster welcomed her in. After listening to what happened, he remained silent for some minutes before speaking.

"This confirms my thoughts. Harry must be the most powerful mage of our century. I wonder if this could possibly be enough to defeat Voldemort."

Then he asked her how her training was going, and was pleased to hear she had started the obstacle courses, too.

"I think, Ms. Granger, that soon we will need to inform Harry of you being a mage."

"If you don't mind Professor, I can tell Harry. I don't think he'll be upset with me, and if you tell him he might get angry again. Just recently he spoke about you again as he did in his first years, and it would be a pity if he loses this trust again."

Dumbledore nodded in agreement.

Hermione left the room, and went to the Hospital Wing to visit Harry. She had been there all afternoon, but she wanted to check on him, before going to bed.

When she arrived, he was still awake. He smiled seeing her.

"Well, I think that prat will leave you alone now," he said.

"You did that?" she exclaimed, amazed that he spoke about it as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

"Of course. I wouldn't let him do that to you. I know you don't like him in that way."

"And you probably don't like me that way either," he thought, sadly.

They chatted a little, then she got up to go away. Harry stopped her, pleading "Mione, please - don't go…stay with me…"

She smiled, and cuddled herself near him on the bed. After a few minutes, both of them were asleep.