Unofficial Portkey Archive

Jedi Mages by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Jedi Mages

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own nobody of the characters, they are property of JK Rowling

A/N: Thanks to all you who had reviewed, it means a lot to me, and special thanks to my splendid beta Petunia.

Coolone007: I understood what you was saying, I meant that he was acting un-Ron like because he had been offered help by this guy, so he is restraining himself, and yes, the guy hates Harry.

Shawnpickett: When the time will come, she will reveal the truth to Harry, don't worry.

Tazer: Harry will learn the truth when she will say it to him, and this isn't too far.

KypDurron: The connection with SW has to wait a little more, I'm afraid, but it will come. Tell me when you recognize it.

Chapter Eight

"Revelation"

"Damn! Now, what she will think of me? I'm the biggest prat on this earth." Harry thought, fearing Hermione's reaction to his quick kiss. He was prepared for the worst.

She was so happy he had kissed her, even if only quickly, that she leaned against him, enjoying the closeness between them. Harry was at first surprised at her reaction then he relaxed, and they reached the castle with their arms around each other.

Just before they went in, however, they separated and reached the common room looking as two friends are supposed to look.

****************************

That evening after dinner, Harry went for his training, as usual. He reached Dumbledore's office, and the Headmaster welcomed him, then he led him to the Room of Requirement.

Harry was still wondering why they were going there, when Dumbledore opened the door and Harry saw that there was an huge course in front of him.

"Professor…what is this?" he asked

"Harry, I think you are ready to start another part of your training. From tonight, you will practice in crossing a course and facing the dangers it could hide. Until now you have always known which spell you had to deflect, or modify. From now on, you will have to react quickly to the surprise…you will need to be fast in using your powers, to face the Death Eaters and Voldemort. At the end of the lesson, I'll say you one thing, that you cannot forget. Are you ready?"

"Ok, Professor…let's start!" Harry raised his wand, and started walking into the course. Suddenly, a man appeared casting a Freezing Spell: "Petrificus Totalis!"

Harry concentrated, and deflected it back on the man, who fell to the ground.

Harry went on, and after few steps, he encountered another man, who cried:

"Incendio!"

Harry reduced the spell effects quickly, so he felt only a sense of warmness…then he counter attacked, crying: "Stupefy!", and the opponent was stunned.

After many other opponents, Harry was now near the end of the course, when a hooded figure appeared. The figure cried: "Crucio!" and Harry avoided the curse, but wasn't able to work on it in any way. His opponent cried again: "Crucio!" and this time, Harry concentrated, waved his hand, and the curse turned from a red light to a green one…then, it hit the man in the chest. The man died. Harry had transformed a "Cruciatus Curse" into an "Avada Kedavra".

Harry was in shock when Dumbledore reached him.

"Very good job, Harry…and the last was very surprising…nobody of the mages I know or myself, was ever able to change a spell into an "Avada Kedavra".

"Professor…I've killed him" Harry said, trembling

"No, Harry…it was only an illusion. He wasn't a real man, so you have killed nobody. Now, listen to me."

Harry looked the old wizard in the eyes.

"Harry, this is very important. You know you are doing this to defeat Voldemort…"

"And to protect Hermione…" Harry interrupted

"Of course" Dumbledore said, smiling, then he continued: "Well, Harry, you need to know why nobody had defeated Voldemort - he is a sorcerer."

"And what is a sorcerer?"

"A sorcerer is a mage who has chosen to follow the Darkness. Unluckily, I didn't understand he was so interested in having the power, so when I saw in him the mage signs, I trained him. He was a very powerful mage, near to my standard. But I failed with him - he chose the evilness instead of the way all the mages normally follow, that is protecting the Wizarding World from the danger."

"So…Voldemort is also able to do what I can do?"

"Well…I think he is still a step ahead of you, Harry. Even if I have never seen such powers as yours in anybody else, your training is still only at the beginning. So at this moment you are not able to face him. But you will be…surely you will be…"

Harry thought deeply about this.

"I'm a powerful mage…he is a powerful sorcerer. We have to fight and one of us will die. How long I have to train yet, Professor?"

"I think at the beginning of the next school year you will be ready. Now, I see you are very tired…go to bed, Harry, and don't worry. Until that moment, I'll protect you."

Harry nodded, then he returned to the common room.

***********************

When he went in he saw Ron and Hermione kissing on a couch - his heart sank. She seemed to be enjoying it…

But, a moment later, he heard her screaming: "What are you doing, Ron? You know I don't like you! Leave me alone! Leave me!"

Harry's spirits rose again on hearing this, and prepared to pull Ron off of her. Suddenly he saw Ron fly against a wall. He smiled wondering which spell Hermione had used. He didn't realise that she had used her mage powers.

He went over to them calmly and Ron, who had been going to try and kiss her again, had to stop. His look told Harry clearly his disappointment in seeing him there. Ron turned, and faking nothing had happened, went to the dorm.

Harry went to Hermione, and embraced her, whispering: "Hey, Mione…I hope I'll never be on your bad side…you really know how to deal with unwanted attention!"

She smiled, feeling safe in his arms, and then after some minutes, she kissed him on the cheek and went to her dorm, saying: "Good Night, Harry…"

After his reply, she went to bed whispering:

"Good Night, my love…"