Unofficial Portkey Archive

Jedi Mages by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Jedi Mages

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, they are the property of JK Rowling

A/N: Thank you for your reviews, I'm very happy you are liking the story!

Pixiedust: Yeah, I'm very happy they accepted me, too!

Coolone007: Well, Ron will do much more than being jealous…

I want to thank my wonderful beta, Petunia!

Chapter Three

"Rage of the Mage"

"I'm a…what?" Harry asked, surprised

"You are a mage, Harry and a powerful one, too, as I can tell from what you did to those Death Eaters" Dumbledore replied.

"But…what is a mage?"

"A mage, Harry, is a wizard able to change the structure of a spell, changing its form. For example, a mage can transform a "Lumos" spell into a "Cruciatus Curse", or the opposite way round. A mage can also increase or decrease the power of a spell - in this way, a "Cruciatus Curse" could be reduced to the power of a tickling spell, instead of causing excruciating pain. Mages are also very good at wandless magic and at deflecting spells against their opponents."

Harry thought about this in silence for few moments.

"So, you think I'm a mage because of the way I defeated those Death Eaters, Professor?"

"Well, Harry, I have to tell you the truth. I already knew you were a mage. I have known this from the first moment I saw you do magic. I am a mage, too, Harry. And the leader of the few still alive. So, I suppose I am experienced in recognizing the signs of being a mage." He smiled.

Harry could feel anger boiling inside him. Dumbledore had kept more secrets from him! He stood up abruptly.

"You knew I was a mage and you said NOTHING?" he yelled.

Hearing the shouts, Petunia and Vernon came in the living room ready to punish him. Seeing Dumbledore, they stopped; Harry turned to look at them. A sign from the Headmaster sent them scuttling back to the kitchen. Harry turned back to Dumbledore.

"You don't learn from your mistakes, do you? You didn't tell me about the prophecy. You didn't tell me the risks of being deceived by Voldemort, and I led five of my friends to risk their lives and Sirius died…but you still keep important things about myself from me!"

He could feel his anger growing and growing. Dumbledore remained silent, waiting for him to calm down. After at least a quarter of hour, Harry finally sat down on the couch, but his trust in Dumbledore was at the lowest it had ever had been.

"Harry, I did so because you are still young. You have still two school years ahead of you, and the mage training is difficult and requires lots of time. I decided to wait until the moment you would show your skills naturally because, to tell you the truth, I didn't want to give you another thing to worry about."

Harry laughed bitterly. "Last year you didn't tell me about the prophecy to not worry me and you didn't make me prefect to not give me too many responsibilities. Now, you keep my being a mage from me to not worry me - but don't you think the more things I know about me and my skills, the more possibilities I have to defeat Voldemort?" he demanded.

"Harry, I have to tell you one thing. While I'm alive, you don't have to worry about defeating Voldemort. While I'm alive, he won't kill you. I'll protect you. This is the reason why I didn't think you needed to be told before. But now, I'm here to ask you if you want to be trained as a mage."

Again Harry was silent for a few minutes.

"No, Professor, I don't want. Not now at least, because I have learned from last year. Last year I had Occlumency with Snape, and I didn't trust him, so my results were terrible. Right now, I don't trust you so I cannot be trained now."

Dumbledore seemed hurt by Harry's answer, but he smiled sadly, stood up, and said: "If this is what you want, I respect your decision."

************************************

At that very moment, the same subject was under discussion at the Granger house. Professor McGonagall had gone there to speak with Hermione.

"Ms. Granger, I have some news for you. I assume you know about the attack Harry Potter had suffered."

"Yes, I know."

"And you know he defeated them without a wand."

"Yes, I think he must be a mage, Professor."

A smile appeared on Professor McGonagall's lips.

"Yes, he is a mage. I should have known you would work it out Ms Granger. Professor Dumbledore is now explaining to him what this means. I suppose you know what it means, if you were able to understand he is one of us."

"One of us? You are a mage, Professor?" Hermione asked, amazed.

"Yes, Ms. Granger. Professor Dumbledore trained me many years ago. But what I want to say you now, Ms. Granger, is that you are a mage, too."

Hermione was dumbfounded. Her, a mage, like Harry and Dumbledore and McGonagall! It was so strange!

"I can't be a mage" she thought. "I'm only a Muggle born witch! To be a mage very strong magic powers are needed." But as she looked into the Professor's eyes, she knew she was telling the truth.

After a short discussion, Hermione agreed to be trained and she was sure Harry had done the same.

*******************************

After the discussion with Professor Dumbledore, Harry went to bed, angrier than he had ever been. It took some time for him to fall asleep.

He began to dream.

He was in a dark room. He walked to the centre. A light suddenly came on and he saw Voldemort with his wand in his hand. Then two Death Eaters dragged Hermione in: she was bound.

"Your Mudblood friend is here, Potter" Voldemort said. "Now you will see her die. But before that, let's enjoy her suffering…Crucio!"

Hermione screamed in pain. Voldemort was laughing. He repeated the curse. Harry tried to deflect it, but he didn't succeed. After some minutes, Voldemort cried: "Avada Kedavra!". The green light hit Hermione in the chest, although Harry's attempt to modify the spell or to deflect it.

Hermione was dead.

Voldemort smiled cruelly.

"Do you see, Potter? Perhaps, if you had been willing to be trained as a mage, you could have saved her."

"Hermione!!! NOOOOO!!"

Harry woke up, sweating. His pillow was totally soaked.

He had made a decision; he would accept the training. He had to protect Hermione.