Unofficial Portkey Archive

Jedi Mages by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Jedi Mages

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own nobody of the characters, they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Thank you to all my faithful readers and reviewers. I've really appreciated your comments through the whole story. So, we're finally at the end of this fic…*sniffs* I'm a little sad `cause I really enjoyed writing it. However, maybe there will be a sequel...who knows? Never say never!

I hope you'll enjoy the other fics I have already written and that I'll post soon! Love to all of you!!

AlexDurrani: Well, she doesn't know if he would be happy or not…it's silly, but understandable…

Fire Gazer: I too enjoyed writing it. But maybe there will be a sequel after the summer…

Beppo: I think it should be Snape. This is the reason I avoided that. I didn't want to give the slimy git satisfaction. Lol

Sweetkiwi456: Yes, she will still teach.

Hermione Potter: Well, if we don't help us between "colleagues"…however, I really liked your story!

Coolone007: Yeah, I agree with you on all you wrote.

Antone: Hmm…maybe not on the baby growing up, but on something that happens while the baby is growing…I'll think about that…

KypDurron: Well, she is a good hearted witch, under the appearance…

JayaMioneDurron: To teach them to not fear things or people. They were afraid of the name, not of the person anymore, so he wanted to eliminate that fear.

Eyes and Ears: Thank you!!!

Dizzi01: Well, not very cliffy, I think. I've read worse ones…however, thanks!!

Chapter Twenty-Four

"The Potters"

"You are…pregnant?" Harry asked, shocked

"Yes, I am, Harry" she said on the verge of tears for his shocked face.

Harry started pacing the room nervously.

"Listen, Harry, I know this could be shocking but…" she started rambling but could not finish the sentence.

Harry had took her in his arms and his lips were on hers before she could say another word. He kissed her first sweetly, then he deepened the kiss. She kissed him back, relieved that he was not upset.

"Having a family is all what I dreamed to have all my life" he whispered in her ear, "and I'm ecstatic to start one with you, Hermione. I love you"

Hermione smiled. "I love you too, Harry" she replied.

They sat on the couch, before the fire, Harry's arms around her. She snuggled closer to him.

Harry was looking in the fire.

"Isn't it curious that the last Potter family had been destroyed on Halloween and on Halloween a new one births?" he said thoughtfully

"I think it's fate" she replied softly, stroking his hair, trying to keep the bad memories away.

"I hope it's a good one, then" he said, before kissing her again.

"Do we know if we will have a he or a she?" Harry asked, while caressing her belly.

"No, I wanted it to be a surprise for us" she replied

"Smart choice. And do you know how long have you been this way?"

"Around two months. So the labour is expected for May, more or less" she said matter of factly.

Then they went to bed, falling asleep snuggled very close.

Next morning, Harry's smile was really blinding, and even a wall would have understood that he was particularly happy.

Ginny noticed that, and after the lessons went to visit them in their quarters.

"So, Professor Potter, why your smile had caused ten students to ask for sunglasses today?" Ginny teased him

"Ha Ha Ha…very funny, Ms. Weasley…if you're making fun of a Professor, I'll need to take points from your home" he retorted jokingly

Hermione looked at them amused.

"However, Ginny, I think it should be more appropriate if it were Hermione to tell you what had happened" Harry added.

Hermione stood up and went to her husband, who snuck an arm around her waist, and leaned on him.

"Ginny, I'm very happy to announce you that I and Harry are going to be parents" Hermione said

"What? You're pregnant?" Ginny squealed

Hermione nodded and Harry kissed her on the forehead.

"That's wonderful!" the youngest Weasley cried, while hugging her best friend, tears of happiness on her face.

"How long have you been pregnant?" Ginny asked

"Two months, more or less"

"So, the labour should be at the end of May" Ginny reasoned

They remained chatting a little more, then they all headed to the Great Hall to have dinner.

After that, Harry and Hermione went to McGonagall's office to tell her the good news.

"Please, Harry, Hermione, get a seat" the Headmistress politely said them.

They did as told.

"So, what is the reason of your visit?" Minerva asked

"We are happy to inform you that the Potter family is birthing again" Harry said proudly, while pulling Hermione closer.

"Are you saying that the two of you are going to have a baby?" the old witch asked

"Yes, we are. I'm two months pregnant" Hermione replied.

"But this is wonderful!" Minerva said, loosing her cold appearance. She warmly congratulated with them.

"A celebration is in order" she said then.

"Actually, Minerva, we would like to keep this secret as long as possible. You know how are prying the newspapers with my life" Harry replied.

"Well, I reckon you're right. Have you already informed Molly and the Weasleys and your family, Hermione?"

"No, we told only Ginny. But we'll say it to them as soon as possible"

***

Next morning, Hagrid was the first to congratulate with them, at breakfast.

"Hey, Harry, Hermione…" the half-giant started bellowing, but Harry shushed him.

"Silencio" he muttered and the rest of Hagrid's words were not heard.

The couple neared him.

"Sorry about that, Hagrid, but we would like to keep it secret" Hermione said, while removing the spell.

"I understand. However, congratulations. I had always known you would end with a baby" he said knowingly.

Both of them blushed a little.

Then the other colleagues followed suit, more discreetly, though.

Even Snape congratulated with them, with his own style.

"Congratulations, Potter, Granger. Let's only hope this child has not the arrogance of his father" the Potions master said, trying to smile but obtaining a grimace.

"Thanks, Severus. Let's hope his Potions master will be a little less greasy, too" Harry retorted

Both of them smirked, walking away.

The students were in the blue, so life at Hogwarts continued as usual for the next weeks.

Hermione had been given a potion by Madam Pomfrey to contrast the sicknesses a little, but it could not be too strong for not affecting the child, so she still had to face that, but life was quite good for all of them.

Finally, Christmas break had arrived, and Harry had asked McGonagall the permit to leave to visit the Weasleys and the Grangers.

"Obviously I allow you to go, Harry. This year we have also few students staying, so there is no problem" the Headmistress replied.

Harry already knew she would not make problems, but he wanted to ask the same.

After that, he returned to their quarters and finished packing, while Hermione was already doing that.

When they were ready, they shrunk their trunks and went to Hogsmeade with a carriage. Here, they Apparated to the Grangers.

Hermione's mum was very happy to see her daughter and hugged her. Then it was Harry's turn.

"Harry, dear, how are you?" she asked

"I'm fine. And very happy, too" he said, kissing his wife on the cheek.

Hermione giggled.

"Ah, Harry. It's good to see you" Robert Granger said, entering the living room.

"The same here, Mr. Granger"

"When will you call me Robert?"

Harry smiled sheepishly.

They started chatting, till Anne Granger took Hermione away for some "girl talk"…or maybe in this case "woman talk", considering that they were both of age…

Robert and Harry chatted a lot more, till the two women returned.

"I hope the baby is a girl" Anne said

"Be careful, Harry. In that case, you risk to be constantly commanded by the two of them" Robert warned him jokingly. "Being outnumbered in your own home is never good, I tell for personal experience"

His wife hit him on the arm. "Robert! However, if he is a girl, how would you name her?"

"Well, I was thinking to call her Lily" Hermione said, looking at Harry.

"Yes, I think Lily can do the trick. But if we are going to call her Lily, her second name I want it to be Hermione"

She blushed.

"And why?" she asked

"Because in this way she would always remind me of the two women more important in my life. Plus, she would be also a fusion of you and my mother, through me, so if we give her my mother's name, it's only fair she has yours too" he reasoned

"Aww, that's sap" Robert said, in mock horror. That gained him another hit on the arm.

"Actually, I think it's really sweet" Anne said, approvingly.

Few days later, they Apparated to the Burrow, and were greeted by Molly's trademark bear hug.

"Mum, let them breath!" Fred said, chuckling.

Mrs. Weasley left them.

"You really have to tell me all of this!" she cried, taking Hermione away.

Harry was left with Fred, George, Charlie and Bill.

"So, Harry. You're going to be father, your prankster career is broken, now" George joked

"I've never been a real prankster. However, I'm sure I and Hermione will enjoy life all the same. Well, maybe Hermione a little less than me" he replied, and they laughed.

In that moment Arthur arrived, just in time for Christmas lunch.

On the table there were roasted lamb, mashed and roasted potatoes and a big bowl of salad. There were also fried vegetables.

All of them ate a lot, then there were the desserts. There was a pudding, a pumpkin pie and many sweets Molly had cooked herself.

When they had finished, Hermione helped Molly in the kitchen, while the men were in the living room.

"So, have you found a way to not show your pregnancy at school?" Molly asked

"I don't show it, yet, but I found a spell I'll start doing when I'll start showing. It is called the "Flatting Spell" and had been created just for this" she replied

Molly nodded.

In the meantime, Arthur was giving Harry his congratulations.

"I'm really happy for you, Harry. You're a great wizard, and after your harassed childhood and all the things you faced in the Wizarding World, you deserve all the happiness you can get" he said, shaking Harry's hand.

"Thank You, Arthur. I really owe a lot to your family"

"Oh, don't worry, Harry. We're happy to have met you and to have helped you when we could" Mr. Weasley said, waving an hand.

They stayed there till the new Year, joking, chatting, and all of them being happy. Alicia, Angelina and Neville came too, to visit their boyfriends and girlfriend, so the Burrow was really crowded that Christmas.

Eventually, the time to leave came, and Harry, Ginny and Hermione had to return to Hogwarts.

They did that with the Hogwarts Express, as Harry and Hermione had wanted to get some good memories back. They chose their usual compartment.

****

May arrived, and with it, the tension for the coming birth. Every day that passed, Harry was more nervous, seeing the so long waited moment to be a father nearing. He knew that Hermione was the one who would feel all the pain, but he was really nervous himself.

The last week, Hermione had needed to rest, so she asked Minerva if she could substitute her till the birth. The headmistress had warmly agreed.

That was the moment for the truth. Finally, all the world knew that Harry Potter and his wife were going to have a baby. Obviously the Prophet had a field day with that.

Potter becomes father

By Rita Skeeters

The Daily Prophet had been informed that Mrs. Potter is pregnant, and the labour is expected within this month. The couple had done a good job keeping this secret till now, but when Hermione Potter had to ask the former Transfiguration Professor and now Headmistress Minerva McGonagall to substitute her, the truth had to come out.

We are really happy for the couple, and being sincere, all of us I think expected that, soon or later. The sex of the child is still unknown, as choice of the mother-to-be. We will give you more details as soon as they are available.

When one night, the 29th of May, Hermione woke up in the middle of the night in a very strong pain, Harry immediately took her in his arms and brought her to the Hospital Wing, being careful to not let her hit somewhere.

Madam Pomfrey let him take her to a secluded bed, then sent him away, saying she had to work.

Harry nodded and left, remaining just out of the door, pacing back and forth.

Minerva arrived, too.

"Is she already in?" she asked

"Yes, I brought her. Poppy is working on her now" Harry replied.

"Well, now we can only seat and wait. It is useless to make a hole in the floor, you know" she said, sitting on the steps.

"I know, but I can't help to be nervous" Harry replied.

"Your father was the same" Minerva commented

One hour later, Harry was frozen hearing Hermione's cries of pain. He was really worried.

When another hour later Poppy came to call him, he walked slowly, not sure what to expect.

He was greeted by a wonderful sight. Hermione was smiling at him, keeping their baby in her arms.

"She is a wonderful little boy, Harry" Hermione said, looking at her son lovingly.

"Well, in this case, how would you like to call him? We talked about girl names but not about boy ones…" Harry replied, kissing his wife on the cheek and hugging her.

"I was thinking that James Ronald Potter sounds quite well" she said.

"Yeah, it represents my father and my first friend. I like it"

He moved to take him in his arms, and Hermione smiled.

"Meet your wonderful and loving father, little James" she whispered, looking lovingly at Harry who was already playing with his son.

They were the new Potters.

THE END