Unofficial Portkey Archive

Orange nail varnish by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Orange nail varnish

Rid

a/n: Hello everyone. Here's wishing all my readers who do celebrate the festival, a very Happy Thanksgiving. I don't know a lot about this festival, but I've been told that you basically thank God for everything you've been blessed with. So I want to thank him for the internet, without which I wouldn't be able to reach all of you, my ability to write and all of you, who faithfully review.

Somewhere along the last chapter I reached 50 reviews and have now crossed it, so thank-you for that. I also want to thank God for bslehofer who I think I've learned a lot from. Now onto the chapter.

Luna looked around a little dazed as she was swooped into a ball of chatter and excitement. One moment she was standing at the door, following a child the next moment, and then hugging just about everyone in the room. Overwhelmed by the amount of people that were crammed into that small a hall, Luna was momentarily thrown off balance when George, or was that Fred, tried hugging her, and ended up stamping on her foot. The end result was a much heated and violent brother on brother match, between which Ginny, obviously quite used to it all, drew Luna away.

"Don't mind them, they seem to derive more and more pleasure every year doing this," shouted Ginny over the sound of scruffs and hits. "Draco prefers to hangout with me, lest they drag him into all this too," said Ginny, as they reached a corner of the hall where Draco stood broodingly.

"I don't like this maniac way of settling something," said Draco in his defense.

"Anything," said Ginny. Turning to Luna she muttered conspiratorially, "he doesn't like his hair getting messed up".

Luna nodded, trying hard not to laugh.

Ron heard Luna's chatter at the other end and quietly broke away from the group of brothers still busy fighting. He was about to go join Ginny, Draco and Luna, when his mother suddenly appeared before him.

"Ronald dear, you're just too thin for your own good, isn't he Gin?" asked Molly Weasley, quickly drawing Ron into her arms for a warm hug.

"I tell you, mom I think he should get married," replied Ginny, winking at her brother.

"Yeah right," said Ron sarcastically, sticking out his tongue at Ginny. "This is for you mom," said Ron, pulling out a wrapped package from his coat.

"Don't tell me it's another one of your bad taste jewels," said Molly in mock irritation.

"Yes it is, the worst jewel," replied Ron, filling up with laughter.

Ron was busy talking to his mother, when he suddenly hear Luna call out his name. He turned and found her standing behind him.

"I'm cold, can I go change?" she asked him, a little uncomfortable.

"Oh sure, come I'll show you to your room," he said and followed her out of the room.

Molly Weasley watched their fast disappearing backs. Eric's sister Isabelle came up to her, "Granny, who's that?" she asked.

"I don't know dear, but I'll have to find out now".

@@@@@@@@@@

"Ron what does Luna do?" asked Molly Weasley, as she sat down with her son at the table. Everyone had finished with their lunch and were lazing around or playing.

"Luna, she works for the Quibbler, she's been taking my interview these past few weeks," replied Ron, toeing the line.

"Oh, I don't think you like her too much," said Molly, looking abstractly at a spot on the dining table.

"Now who said that? I like her, a lot," replied Ron, getting defensive.

"A lot?" asked Molly a little surprised.

"Mom," warned Ron.

"So you're not in love with her or anything are you?" asked Molly, her wise eyes alert.

"Mom, give it a rest. Don't read too much into the situation. We're just close friends," replied Ron. Nodding his head, he looked away. Suddenly a scream pierced the quiet atmosphere followed by a loud shout. "Ron".

"Luna…." Said Ron, and quickly hurried out. Upon reaching the courtyard he saw Luna laughing loudly, as Eric tickled her. "What happened?"

"Nothing, why don't you come play with us," asked Luna, trying hard to hold Eric away.

Ron shook his head and turned to find his mother standing behind him, a knowing smile on her face. Holding up her hands she said softly, "I won't say anything more".

@@@@@@@@@@@

"So Ron just clamps up or starts muttering things when he's attracted to someone," said Ginny, making her brother blush.

After their game together, all the Weasley's had retired to laze around the sitting room by the fire. A conversation about the different love lives of the children had been struck up, and now was embarrassing Ron heavily.

"He usually will try to get the woman to notice him by doing weird stuff," said Fred.

"Oh yes, Ronniekins is a dramatist," added George pulling on his little brother's cheeks.

"Stop it all of you. Well he's a genuine sweetheart. He hasn't touched meat all the time he's been with me," said Luna hotly in Ron's defense.

Suddenly realizing what her words meant, she felt her cheeks redden. Every eye in the hall was on her. Blinking rapidly, she tried to avert her gaze, but found it stuck to Ron's.

"Ronald and Luna sitting on a tree, god knows what they doing in the tree," chanted Fred and George.

"Oh shut it," said Luna, and gave Ron a small smile.

A/n: Now review!


-->