Unofficial Portkey Archive

Orange nail varnish by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Orange nail varnish

Rid

A/n: Thanks to Shannonkeane, Lady_starlight, laily and monagy3, my first few reviewers. You make my day. I love you all. I'm glad you think that this story is different than the others. If you're read any of my previous one's you'll know that most of them are.

Keep reading then.

Disclaimer- I don't any of the characters you recognize below. They belong to JK Rowling and the Publishers of Harry Potter series, and a bunch of other people who can afford lawyers. Since I can't, don't sue!

Orange Nail Varnish

What happens when our couple meet for the first time? Do two weirds make a wright? Or vrong?

88888888

Ronald Arthur Weasley couldn't believe that he was sharing a butterbeer in the Leaky Cauldron with the only girl could never understand. Back in their school days, he had always basked in the appraisal and after effects of a heavy crush that often radiated from Luna's eyes. He liked the fact that he had the ability to make a Ravenclaw fall for him. Secretly he liked Luna too, but never had the opportunity to say it out loud.

Part of Luna's charm was the very magazine she now clutched in her hand. Besides that, she was the only girl who ever managed to find his comments funny or hilarious. He hid a smirk as he recalled a rather embarrassing incident, when Luna had started laughing while he had challenged Malfoy to a duel. Forced during a game of Truth or Dare in his final year, he had finally agreed to the fact that he indeed did have feelings for Luna. But by the next day all thoughts were driven out of his mind as the Chudley Canons accepted him as their new keeper.

Now, five years later, sitting across from one of his first crushes, and his sister, Ron studied Luna closely. She had definitely matured as a woman. She seemed to have left her gawky school girl appearance behind. Sitting before him was a woman of the world. She was wearing a green color suit with black heels, looking very professional.

"So, Luna, what are you doing now-a-days?" asked Ron, placing his mug down on the table and turning his full attention to her.

"She works for the quibbler," answered Ginny excitedly. Ron turned to her to find an odd sparkle in her eyes. Ignoring her, he asked "and what's that like?"

"Oh, she enjoys it so much that she goes around telling people that she's a big shot reporter," said Ginny, interrupting again.

Luna looked at Ginny, giving her an amused look. She turned back to Ron and shrugged her shoulders.

"I've heard that the Quibbler is in some financial trouble," he said, trying to sound concerned. He gave Ginny a pointed look before she could open her mouth to answer again. He then looked at Luna who was suddenly very serious. "I'm sorry; I know it's a very personal question…."

"No, that's alright. Yes, the Quibbler is facing financial troubles," said Luna softly.

Suddenly the mood changed, becoming grave and serious. Ron cleared his throat awkwardly, cursing his lack of foresight. Ginny looked at her brother and then at Luna, amusement evident in her eyes. "Hey Ron, you could help Luna out here," she said.

Ron's head came up and he looked at Ginny. "What do you mean? How can I help her out?" he asked. Luna bent a little closer, excited to find out herself.

"You could let Luna interview you, wouldn't it be great?' Ronald Weasley, the keeper of the Chudley Canons -bares his secrets'" said Ginny, spreading her arms wide in an elaborate gesture.

Luna's eyes lit up suddenly and she nodded her head vigorously. She turned to Ron, "Will you do it?" she asked.

As he looked at the flushed face of the only girl who ever found him funny, he blushed slightly, before nodding along.

8888888888

"Seriously? Ronald Weasley? The Ron Weasley?" asked Samantha. Luna had returned from her meeting with Ginny and Ron, feeling hopeful and alive after a long time. Samantha, catching onto her friend's lifted spirits, had immediately inquired about her reasons for smiling so brightly.

"Yes. Get over it already," said Luna. Samantha squealed in excitement and hugged her friend. "This is so great. Next month's issue will sell like hot cakes," said Samantha. Luna just smiled at her friend.

"So when are you meeting him?"

"I'm meeting him tonight, for dinner," said Luna in an off hand manner. "Before you assume it, let me warn you, it's not a date," said Luna. If possible, Samantha's eyes shined even brightly at that. "Guilty conscious!" she said and winked before exiting.

Luna looked at the fast disappearing back of her friend and muttered very quietly, "Right!"

88888888

A/n- Sorry about the short length of this chapter. I promise the next one will be up this week and it will be longer than this, for sure. Review!


-->