Unofficial Portkey Archive

Orange nail varnish by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Orange nail varnish

Rid

"WILL YOU PLEASE STOP HOVERING!"

The bridesmaids stopped what they were doing. They all turned to watch Luna shout at the only man in the room. Looking dapper in a suit that was the brightest shade of gold, Mr Lovegood was the very picture of fatherly concern.

"This is my only chance at giving away a daughter." He frowned as he spotted Lune fidget with her engagement ring. Right after his proposal, and some much needed making out, Ron and Luna had rushed to inform the Weasley's about their happy news. After a very long, very drunken night of celebration, Ron and Harry had quietly slipped out during breakfast and returned with Luna's engagement ring. It was the shiniest thing she had ever seen and the most beautiful pearl as well. It only made sense that she wore a pearl ring; she was after all a unique person.

"Dad, I know you're nervous and I'm nervous and Ginny is nervous because Draco's sitting out there with all the Weasley's in attendance. But this is not good. I absolutely cannot keep reapplying my make-up every time you make me cry with another happy story." Sniffling into her tissue, Luna wiped a stray tear and ended up ruining her mascara. Again! "I know this is very important to you, but will you give up on the idea of me wearing a gold gown. Please. I really like this dress, it's pretty," she said.

"It's white and traditional. And I'm not hovering, I just don't understand why you have to wear a tiara in your hair," grumbled Mr Lovegood.

Sensing that Luna was going to explode again, Ginny stepped in to quickly draw Mr. Lovegood aside. She gave him a glass of cold pumpkin juice, and asked him to let Lune be for a while.

"Are you sure about this?"

Luna sighed as her father asked the question she was dreading. Turning to him, she felt the anger deflate right out of her. Mr Lovegood looked small and old all of a sudden. She went to him, and threw her arms around her big blushing father.

"Yes Dad. I like the white dress, and the tiara. I like that I could have a normal wedding dress and look like a princess. I also love how we're getting married here at Hogwarts."

"And the groom? Are you sure about him?"

"Yes," she said, a dazzling smile lighting up her entire face. "More sure than I will ever be about anything else."

Her father studied her closely, looking for any signs of regret. When he didn't find any, he smiled. "Then let's get this show on the road."

And as the most beautiful ceremony Mr. Lovegood had ever seen came to an end, he winked at Minerva McGonagall . A man could try, right?

A/N: Lemony fluff. Just trying to ease back into story writing. A small gift for loyal readers!

-->