Unofficial Portkey Archive

Orange nail varnish by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Orange nail varnish

Rid

A/n: And here comes to an end, another one of my stories. This is only the second time that I have completed a fic, but the thought of leaving behind one, seems to bother me a lot. Don't know what'll happen later. But you know what; this makes me feel a little sad for JK Rowling at the end of a book. For me, my writing is never going to stop, but for her, after the seventh book, she might not write a lot about her characters. That's very sad.

However, the end of one story means that I can start another one, and even though it'll take me time to come up with a concept, arrange it, visualize it etc, I'm excited about the new beginning. In the meanwhile, Can Love survive it all will keep me busy, and I've promised my beta reader bslehofer that I'll be starting another fic with her by mid march, which isn't so far away.

Before I let you read the chapter here's something my beta reader wanted to say.

Beta note: As sad as I am to see this story end, I am also grateful for the new friend it has brought me. She is a wonderful writer, from whom I expect to see great things in future. If you have not taken the time to read any of her other stories, I highly recommend them to you. May you all have a wonderful New Year.

Betsy

In this story two very amazing people have helped me throughout, one of them being Sharon and the other Betsy. I want to thank both of them from the bottom of my heart for making this story so special for me and for everybody else. Thank-you.

Now, go read the chapter. And a very Happy New Year to Everyone.

!!!!!!

"So you what, just said, hey I had a good time, we'll do this again?" asked Ginny, incredulously, as she sat across from her brother.

It had been a week since he'd seen Luna and he needed some advice, so Ron had come to Ginny. She was the expert after all. The look in Luna's eyes as she turned and ran to her door haunted Ron, as he blinked his eyes to drive the memory away.

"I was going to tell her how I felt. I know I want to spend more time with her. I want her to be there with me always. What I don't know is how to tell her this," said Ron, frustrated.

"Ron, don't you have any sense at all?" asked Ginny. "You idiot, you're in love with her and too much of a coward to admit it," she added. "Just go up to her and tell her how you feel."

@@@@@@@@@@@

"He said thank-you?" shouted Samantha.

"Shh… keep your voice down," warned Luna, as she wiped her moist eyes. "Merlin I tell you, I'm turning into one of those normal people who cry at the drop of the hat. I so need to get back my originality," said Luna, staring angrily at the tissue in her hand.

"Retouching some of that orange nail varnish might just help," said Samantha.

Luna looked up and gave her best friend a watery smile. "Don't know where I'd be without you."

"Well for starters you need to go see this fellow again, you've got a lot going on here, and you can't let it go away so easily," said Samantha.

@@@@@@@@@

Ron looked up as the lady entered his apartment. She called herself Samantha and had turned up on his doorstep, demanding to be let in. Ron had been very close to hexing her, until she had mentioned Luna.

"Come on in, have a seat," said Ron uncomfortably. What was she doing here? "How can I help you?"

"For starters you can apologise to that poor girl over there who refuses to reapply nail varnish because she's too busy crying," said Samantha. "What were you thinking? She loves you for crying out loud."

A small smile crept onto Ron's face.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Luna offered Ginny Samantha's seat, and settled into one herself. When Ginny had suddenly showed up at the office of the Quibbler, demanding to see her, Luna didn't have much of an option. Trying hard not to blame the sun that was shining brightly into her face for being so merry, she looked Ginny straight in the eyes.

"You look great," she said.

"You don't," said Ginny, noticing the haggard condition that Luna was in. "Quick, how many fingers are these?" asked Ginny, holding up two fingers.

"Ginny, I can see well enough, in fact better than the rest of you. There's no need to remind me that I can actually see a gortam every time you hold up your hand," added Luna, a small smile creeping to her face.

"How many times do have to I tell you, they don't exist," said Ginny.

"We'll get into that later. Any particular reason why you're here?" asked Luna.

"Yes, can we go to someplace that doesn't have peeling yellow wallpaper?"

@@@@@@@@@@@

As Luna and Ginny entered the Leaky Cauldron, Luna felt herself stiffen. Back to square one. Taking small and careful steps inside, she soon found herself sitting at the same table as she had the last time Ginny and she were here.

Turning to her companion, she asked, "So, why did you want to see me?" She was about to add something about Ron being an idiot, when a commotion broke out at the entrance of the Leaky Cauldron.

Feeling an odd déjà vu, Luna turned to the entrance to get a better view and saw Ron making his way towards her, a bunch of admiring fans following him. As he made his way in, Luna felt a little odd voice in her head beg her to run. Run in any direction, as long as it was away from Ron. Having to see him, and know that he didn't reciprocate her feelings would be the hardest thing she ever had to do in her life. She turned to give Ginny a betrayed look, and was about to rush out, when Ron sensing her panic, ran to her.

"You cannot always keep running. And even if you try, I'll keep chasing you," he said.

Halting in her tracks, Luna turned towards him, confused. "What?"

"I may have a million girls who love me," he said, waving his hand absently at the flock of girls still standing behind him, "But the girl I love, and will always love, is standing right in front of me."

Unable to breathe properly, Luna stammered slightly. Shaking her head, she felt her knees weaken. Suddenly, unable to hold her up any longer her legs gave way. Luna held her breath, waiting to feel her head hit the hard wooden floor below. When she didn't feel her head explode, she cautiously opened one eye and found herself safely gathered in Ron's arms.

"Don't need you fainting on me dear, this has taken great effort on my part," he said.

Luna nodded and looked around. "Where are we?" she asked.

"In my house," he said, setting her down on the couch in his living room. "Can you hear me?" he asked.

"Yes".

"Great. Now listen to me, whoever told you that Ronald Weasley doesn't love you is an idiot," he said softly, tucking a stray strand of her hair behind her ear.

"You did. You said Thank-you," she reminded him.

"Yes, and now I'm saying Ron is an idiot," he said. "But it's also true that he's in love with you".

Smiling suddenly, Luna shook her head. "That is so cheesy," she said and got up from the couch. "Trust you to be cheesy. That is so out of a movie, you couldn't do anything original - something different," she said, pacing the length of the room.

Quietly moving towards her, he placed his hand on her mouth and then navigated her towards his bedroom. "Yes, yes, the entire leaky cauldron was cheesy, but how's this?" Saying this, he opened the door to his room.

Luna felt a gasp make its way up her throat. The room was decorated entirely in orange. Even the walls had been painted orange. Orange bed cover, quilt, the entire room was orange. "This is so not what I had expected," she said turning to him. "But it still doesn't make up for the way you said thank-you".

"Ah yes," he said nodding. "I've got a way to fix that". With that said, he went down on one knee, and pulled a small orange velvet box from his pocket. Opening it, he removed a ring made of beetle beads and held it up for Luna to see. "Made it myself. I love you and want to spend a long long time with you," he said, encircling her within the confines of his arms, as she examined the ring closely.

"You do know this isn't a marriage ring," she said.

"Yes," he nodded. Placing a small kiss on her temple he said, "Not such an idiot anymore, eh?"

Luna shook her head. "My idiot".

"I love you, with your orange-ness," he said.

"I know. I do too, I mean you," she said felling deliriously happy, "Does this mean I can't publish your silly habits in the Quibbler now?" she asked.

"Dear, as far as I'm concerned, you can make my house a spider shelter and I won't complain," he said.

"I doubt that," she said and laughed. Ron joined in and soon the room was filled with sounds of happiness.

Ah the world of lovers.

A/n: Until another one comes along, Bye bye.


-->