Unofficial Portkey Archive

Orange nail varnish by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Orange nail varnish

Rid

a/n- Here's the next chapter, dedicated to everyone who has suffered in the recent earthquakes that hit Asia. God bless all of you.

Thanks to my beta reader and all who reviews.

Disclaimer: Don't own any characters below.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

Luna laughed as Ron rowed tried to row the boat towards the left. "You're not even moving it enough," she said between fits of uncontrollable laughter.

Moving away from their now daily routine of an early vegetarian breakfast, Ron had suggested that they go boating, and have a picnic lunch. Since work wasn't exciting, and since being with Ron was a part of work, Luna had agreed.

As a special thank-you, she had prepared a ham sandwich for him. She kept telling herself that it meant nothing, but she wasn't quite at rest with that.

Ron looked adorable. Sweat glistening his face, an odd sparkle in his eyes, his face flushed; he was trying very hard to get the boat to move away from the big boulder that it had gotten stuck to. "Why don't we wait for the wind to blow us away from here, and just enjoy lunch in the meanwhile," she said, taking pity on him.

"Fine, but just to let you know, I could've let us out of this," he said, placing the rows securely and taking a huge breath.

"Oh, I believe you," she said smiling. "Here, have some water," she said, handing him a bottle of the chilled liquid.

"Thanks," he said, giving her a sexy grin "and also thanks for the effort you took," he said.

Luna looked at him in surprise, "What effort?"

"You made these ham sandwiches for me, didn't you?"

"Well yes. I figured since it's been so long since you've had anything but vegetarian food, it's time to give you a reward. Besides, they're the easiest and the most stress free," she said smiling.

"And delicious too," said Ron, biting into one. "Wouldn't it be great to be stuck here forever?" he asked, after taking another sip of water. "Just the both of us, under this great blue sky, soft wind and bluer than blue water," he said, a dreamy look suddenly appearing in his eyes.

Luna looked at him, trying hard not to laugh. "Yeah, when we'll be hungry, we'll eat all this soft wind, when we're thirsty we'll drink this almost salty water and when we're cold at night, we'll make use of the blanket of the blue sky," she said sarcastically.

Both of them erupted into more laughter. Soon another pair of laughter joined theirs. They turned to find another couple, laughing and kissing on a passing boat. The man, suddenly became serious, and produced a ring from his pocket. Tears of happiness ran down the woman's face, as she mutely nodded and accepted the ring.

Luna turned to Ron, and found him studying her. "What?" she asked.

"Nothing. I was just wondering how two people just suddenly decide to spend the rest of their lives together," he said, shaking his head in amusement.

"Whatever brought that up?" she asked, surprised.

"Nothing," he shrugged. "I've just always wondered. Let's see we've known each other for more than eight years, right?" he asked. She nodded. "It's definitely longer than normal to know a person. Does that mean you'll spend the rest of your life with me?" he asked, his voice sounding a little odd.

"I-"she stuttered, shocked.

"I mean, I've just always wondered how I'll ever come to know who's the one made for me?" he said. "Will she carry around a board that says `I was made for red haired Ronald Weasley? Or when we'll meet lightning will strike, it'll suddenly start pouring, what? How will I know?" he asked.

"Well I've always believed that we have been made in pairs, and for every man on the earth there is a woman. For every blonde, there is a crazy in love Italian," she said, pointing towards the back of the couple on the other boat. "It's just getting together that's been left to us," she said, softly. "Meeting the right person and identifying them is up to us. And as for your question- how will you know?" she said, looking up. "Your heart just will," she said simply.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Ron pulled over to the side, as Luna climbed down the muggle vehicle called the car. She turned, "thanks for a lovely day," she said, smiling.

"I wanted to ask you something," he said. "Are you coming to my mother's birthday?"

"Ron I-"

"Just answer Luna," he said, "please".

"Oh alright," she said. "I think I'll be able to make it."

His face split into a small grin, before being replaced by the thoughtful expression that he had carried all day. "Thanks. Now I better go return this vehicle to that renting place," he said. "Goodnight Luna," he said.

"Goodnight Ron".

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A/n- Review!


-->