Unofficial Portkey Archive

Muggle Summer by canoncansodoff
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Muggle Summer

canoncansodoff

Chapter 33: Muggle Summer II: The Wrath of Ginny?

A/N: Back again. Thanks for your patience…it's been a while now since last post on this story. Hope that those of you who followed "Gladiator" over that time period considered it time well spent. I'm thinking of this as a "second season," with plans of working hard to get the next dozen or so chapters out. Have to say that the announcement of Book 7's publishing date is a strong motivator (I'd rather have readers compare her version against mine rather than the other way around). And now, with that pretentiousness out of the way….

Disclaimer: Not my characters, no money being made, etc., etc.

Friday, June 22, 3:15pm

Ottery St. Catchpole

Harry and Hermione had to take an indirect route from Windsor Castle to Luna Lovegood's house, as Hermione had never been there before. They apparated/ badge-traveled to just outside The Burrow's wards, where Ron was waiting for them in his car. From there it only took a few minutes to drive into town.

Harry had floo-called Luna's father from the Leaky Cauldron earlier that morning with a request to meet with him at his home that afternoon. While Harry didn't want to explain the meeting purpose, it was easy enough for the Quibbler's editor to assume that next issue's cover story on the secret influence of vampires ("Vlad and Rufus: Separated at Birth?") might be bumped.

Luna had already promised Harry and Hermione to keep Ginny at her house until dinner, allowing plans for Harry to meet with Ginny there as well, effectively killing two birds with one stone. Harry hoped that was all the killing that would occur during those meetings.

They spied Luna and Ginny reading on the front porch steps of the Lovegood residence; Luna was deep into the Sixth-year Ancient Runes text she'd borrowed from Hermione, while Ginny was hunched over the latest "Teen Witch Weekly."

The skies were overcast, but not yet wet, so the car's roof was down. This allowed Ginny to practically fall into Harry's lap after she ran to the stopped car in a blur of red hair and wrapped her arms around Harry's neck. She pulled his head towards her in a tight embrace, oblivious to Hermione's scowling in the rear seat and Harry's deft avoidance of her lips.

"Harry," she exclaimed, "it's so wonderful to see you…it seems like ages."

"Nice to see you too, Ginny," Harry replied with a bit of stiffness. With gentle insistence he snaked his upper torso out from her embrace. "Erm. Ginny, we should talk later, but right now we've got to meet with Mr. Lovegood inside."

"Okay, sweetheart," Ginny replied with saccharin-levels of breathiness. Hermione, who was half-way out of the car, turned and stared, but said nothing; it was enough for her to see Harry scoot over the stick shift so that he could exit the car from the side opposite of Ginny.

"I'll be waiting right here," Ginny called out. She didn't see Harry roll his eyes as he strode up the steps with a small stack of portfolios under his arm.

"Father is in his study," Luna said, as she opened the front door for Harry and Hermione. "First door on the right."

"Thanks, Luna," Harry replied, as he grabbed Hermione's hand and led her inside. Ron, now in Clan Champion mode, drew his wand out and turned his back to the front door, on guard against the advances of Death Eaters and ex-girlfriends. Harry heard him say, "No, Ginny, you'll just have to wait," before the door closed behind them.

Harry spared a second to take in his surroundings. It wasn't a fancy house, but it was comfortable and inviting. The furnishings weren't that much different than the Burrow's; a bit less worn, without seven children in the house, but also less tidy (he thought that perhaps Luna's breezy nonchalance ran in the family). Double stacked bookshelves, piles of yellowing newspapers and the bric-a-brac of world travelers also distinguished the decor.

His observations were interrupted by Lawrence Lovegood's hearty greeting.

"Mr. Harry Potter, and Ms. Hermione Granger, it is rather thrilling to finally be able to meet you in the flesh."

Harry turned and gave Luna's father a firm handshake. "Pleased to meet you as well, Mr. Lovegood. Thank you for agreeing to meet with us at your house and on such short notice."

Lovegood nodded as he closed the door behind the two teens and cast a series of silencing and privacy wards about the room.

"Thank you for the privacy," Hermione said. "That was quite an impressive array."

Mr. Lovegood shrugged his shoulders. "I'm the one that should be conveying thanks…I've wanted to express my sincere gratitude to Mr. Potter for some time."

"Oh, that's alright," Harry replied, "We both benefited from those Quibbler stories."

Mr. Lovegood looked at him strangely. "Stories? You misunderstand me, young man. It is my gratitude as a father that I wish to convey. It is as if I could characterize Luna's happiness and general outlook on life in terms of 'Before She Met Harry at the start of Fourth Year,' and 'After She Met Harry.'"

Harry's ears turned a bit red. "Thank you, sir," he replied, "but I don't think anything I did could have made that much of a change. If anything, I would say that Ron Weasley would have the lion's share of any credit to be given."

Lawrence Lovegood looked at Harry for a moment, then nodded as if he'd reached some internal conclusion. "Well perhaps we can discuss that another day. I imagine that you have other things…?"

"Yes, sir," Harry replied. "I imagine that you've been following the reporting on my exploits over the past week in The Daily Prophet?"

Luna's father nodded. "Always make it a point to scout out the competition, even when its accuracy and objectivity is worth little more than a slightly used chamber pot…so are you here to discuss opportunities to tell your side of the story?"

"Not right now," Harry replied. "I mean, it did work rather brilliantly last time we did that, but Hermione and I think that we need a more…well, Slytherin…response to the way the Prophet is slandering us, and working as the Ministry's mouthpiece."

Hermione said, "Here's the problem …the Daily Prophet has worked with the Ministry to lay out just enough facts to make it difficult to rebut. I mean, we could…but any accurate description of what's happened this past week would put certain…intelligence assets…at risk."

"It also might bring certain events to light that we'd rather stay out of the papers right now," added Harry.

"I see," Mr. Lovegood replied. "So you're thinking of another approach?"

Harry nodded. "I've recently gained full control of the Potter Clan's financial interests, as well as some additional monies from the Black estate. We want to use part of those resources to help you, and The Quibbler, get the truth out about the battle against Voldemort."

Luna's father looked at the two teens a bit cautiously. "Are you asking to buy the Quibbler?"

"Oh, no, sir, not at all," Harry quickly said in reassurance. "If we were to buy any paper outright it'd be the Prophet itself…I apparently already own about 5% of its stock."

"The problem is that Harry doesn't want to give even the appearance of using his money to buy power and influence," said Hermione. "If he did buy that rag, the Ministry would probably just start up its own newspaper, claiming that the wizarding world couldn't trust what the Prophet would print with Harry as publisher."

"Like it has a reason now," Harry muttered.

Lovegood nodded, rubbing his chin with his thumb and forefinger. "So a more indirect approach that wouldn't allow the Ministry to argue that Harry's controlling either the Prophet or the Quibbler?"

"Exactly," Hermione replied with a smile. She then reached into her rucksack and retrieved a portfolio of parchment papers. With Lovegood's encouragement, she started down her list.

"First, we've been asked by an independent foundation to make arrangements with the Quibbler to start some new subscriptions."

"Really?" asked Lovegood, wondering how this piece of information fit in. "How many new subscribers are we talking about?"

"We don't have the full count right now, but at least six hundred to start."

Lovegood took a step back in shock.

Harry explained, "The Foundation is looking for a way to get accurate and timely information about the wizarding world into the hands of every single muggle-born Hogwarts student and their families. Giving them a copy of the each issue of the Quibbler seemed a logical approach."

Hermione had to bite her tongue just a bit when Harry said "accuracy" and "Quibbler" in the same sentence, but nevertheless continued. "The Foundation also expressed interest in getting this news spread more than once a week…might be a stretch to immediately jump to a daily paper, but maybe three times a week would be possible?"

"Three times a week?" asked Lovegood. "That's a lot of copy to produce…I'm afraid that our staff would not be up to the task, and I'm very sure our old presses wouldn't be able to take that kind of production rate for very long."

Harry smiled. "We brought those potential issues to the Foundation's attention. Their Board of Directors have authorized me to offer an immediate no-interest loan for you to purchase new printing equipment and hire new staff. They also thought you might want to consider moving to a newer, more secure location." Harry smiled when he added, "Of course, the Board expects that the per issue purchase price will have to be raised a bit to cover these costs, and is prepared to pre-pay its subscriptions at twice the current rate."

"Don't forget the advertising," Hermione said. "That might take up some space in the new editions as well."

"Oh yes, thank you, Hermione," said Harry, as she passed a piece of parchment over to Mr. Lovegood. "It turns out that over the years most of the Potter finances have been invested in wizarding businesses, rather sitting in piles of galleons at Gringott's. That list you have are the businesses and enterprises that I presently either own outright or own majority interest in. I think that you'll recognize at least a few of them as Quibbler advertisers.

"And a few more that advertise only in the Prophet," Lawrence added as he quickly scanned the list.

"Up until now," replied Harry with a grin. "I'm afraid that the Prophet is about to experience a rather shocking drop in advertising revenue."

Hermione added her smile and comment. "Much better to be in the Quibbler's position…why with its sudden jump in circulation, I'm sure, Mr. Lovegood, that you'll be able to increase your advertisement rates quite nicely."

"And I'm sure that the companies on that list will be willing to pay those new charges," Harry said with a twinkle in his eye.

Lovegood stood gobsmacked in front of the two teens, then turned to levitate a pile of books off of his desk chair so that he could take a seat.

"This is all so overwhelming," he finally said. "And what do you, or this foundation expect in return?"

"Nothing," Harry said in reassurance. "Nothing more than what you are already doing."

"Well…" said Hermione with a small smile, "It might be nice to know that at least some of those new reporters you hire focus on the Ministry and current events, and that Scrimgeour's hijinks share the lead with Snorkack sightings now and again."

Lovegood chuckled at that response. "Fair enough."

"I couldn't say for sure," Harry said with a smile, "but you might find that in the future there will be a few more Ministry insiders willing to speak to Quibbler reporters off the record."

"As well as the occasional anonymous tip from those most definitely outside of the Ministry, Harry?" the editor asked with an upraised eyebrow.

They all laughed at that observation. Hermione then provided Lovegood with some papers to sign from both the Fawkes Foundation and Gringott's. The Quibbler's editor didn't fail to notice the unmarked envelope that was also within this pile of parchment. Harry and Hermione were forced to decline Lovegood's invitation to stay for dinner with assurances to meet again in the near future, Luna's father then led Harry and Hermione back out to the front steps of his house.

Upon his return to his office Lovegood opened the unmarked envelope. A few pieces of parchment and two wizarding photographs spilled out. Quickly scanning the first document, he found a list naming all of the Death Eater insiders that had tried to take control of Ministry that past week, sorted by department. "Little wonder they didn't name names and departments in the Prophet," he mused, as he realized just how many spies were within the Minister's office itself.

He then laid the two photographs side-by-side on his desk. The first photograph was a headshot of Rita Skeeter, winking at the camera while her Quick Quotes Quill scribbled furiously over her shoulder. The second image was a close-up shot of a black beetle that appeared to be trapped in a glass jar. A comparison of these two pictures revealed markings on the beetle that looked amazingly similar to the gaudy glasses that Rita was wearing. Apparently, Lovegood's anonymous source was thinking along those same lines, for attached to the second photograph was a Ministry list of all registered animagi (Skeeter's name was absent), a copy of the law requiring anamagi to register, and contact information for the Ministry personnel responsible for enforcing that law.

Lovegood shook his head and laughed, thinking, "A most Slytherin response, indeed."

+++

When Harry and Hermione returned to the front steps of the house they found Ginny anxiously waiting for them. Bowing to the inevitable, Harry asked Ginny to take a walk with him. Ginny squeeled in delight as she grabbed his arm and they began a slow walk around the streets of Ottery St. Catchpole.

"Harry," said Ginny, once she thought they were out of earshot of the others, "it's been so awful reading those lies about you in the Daily Prophet."

"Yeah, well what do you expect?"

"I mean, the idea that you'd even think about working for a muggle instead of for the Ministry. Even if she is some kind of Queen…"

Well, actually," Harry said somewhat bemusedly, "they got that part right."

Ginny stopped in her tracks and asked, "What?"

Harry snorted, then looked around for someplace to sit. He led Ginny to a bench placed within a small municipal park and took a seat, making sure that Hermione, Ron and Luna (who had been trailing the two at a discreet distance) were still within eyesight.

"The part about me working for the muggle Queen of England is what the Prophet got right."

"But why?" asked Ginny, shock etched on her face, "What business does this muggle queen have meddling with the wizarding world?"

Harry looked at Ginny rather crossly, then said, "Ginny, it's the business of the muggle Queen and the muggle Ministry to protect its citizens. When our Ministry and the Aurors can't keep Dark Lords and Dementors from killing innocent muggles, then they do have the right to get involved."

"But wouldn't you be more effective working for the Ministry rather than this queen?"

Harry shook his head and sighed. "Ginny, you read the Prophet…the part about the Minister of Magic believing that I'm a serious threat is for the most part true as well."

"You, Harry…a threat?"

"Yeah," Harry replied. "Not to the wizarding world, mind you, but a threat to them…Scrimgeour, Umbridge…even your brother Percy. And the feeling is mutual, frankly."

"How so, Harry?"

Harry snorted. "Hermione and I had to fend off an attack by Umbitch and her lackey aurors the first night I was back at my Aunt and Uncle's."

"Oh," said Ginny. She ignored the idea that the Ministry had it in for Harry and then asked what she thought was a much more pertinent question.

"So why was Hermione at your Aunt and Uncle's house?"

Harry looked at Ginny with disbelief. He counted to five, then calmly replied, "Because I needed her there."

"What? You needed Hermione's help?"

Harry sighed. "Yes, Ginny, as much as it pains me to have her in harm's way, I don't think I could live without Hermione by my side."

Ginny's face started to turn beet red. "So you distance yourself from me, saying that I can't be put in harm's way, but it's okay for Hermione to be with you night and day?"

"No, Ginny," Harry replied. "it's not like that…I also told Hermione that I didn't want her near me the same day I told you."

"So what made you change your mind…what did she do to make you change your mind?" Ginny huffed. "Why her and not me?"

Harry took a moment, then replied softly. "Because Hermione refused to allow me to push her away, Ginny….and you didn't."

"Oh," Ginny replied, looking as if Harry had just punched her in the gut. After a few quiet moments spent staring at the ground she looked at Harry with steely resolve and said, "Well now I'm refusing too."

Harry shook his head. "That can't happen, Ginny."

"And why not?"

Harry ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "Well, for a number of reasons. First, because you're underage."

"But so are you, Harry."

"Yeah, well as Queen's Wizard that underage restriction doesn't apply to me anymore…that was one of the reasons why I agreed to the job."

"Oh, well…when have we worried about those restrictions, Harry?" Ginny asked. "Never been a problem at the Burrow, right?"

"Exactly my point," Harry replied. "Students that grow up in wizarding homes don't have to worry about getting caught doing underage magic when they're home on break, because the Ministry simply assumes the magic is being done by the parents."

"Really? I thought that they had some sort of tracking spell on our wands."

Harry shook his head. "The Ministry has sensors that detect when and where magic is used…they can't tell who is actually doing the spell. That's why they need to do Priori Incantatum to detect the use of Dark spells using a particular wand. That's the reason why I got in trouble back in Second Year when Dobby did magic at my Aunt and Uncle's house…the Ministry assumed that if magic was done in that muggle household that I must have been the one to do it."

"Huh…I didn't know that."

Harry nodded. "That was the same excuse Umbitch used to attack us three weeks ago when Hermione cast a cleaning spell on some bed clothes."

Ginny paused, then brightened her expression when an idea came to mind. "Then you can simply move to The Burrow…Ron's back now, after all."

Harry shook his head. "Ginny, being Queen's Wizard makes me responsible for certain things…I need to stay within the muggle world this summer. Just like you and all of the other pureblood students will be forced to stay in the wizarding world."

"What do you mean?"

Harry looked at her and decided that Ginny really didn't know about the draft. "Talk to your dad, Ginny…the Ministry is going to force all of the Sixth and Seventh Year pureblood students to work at the Ministry as interns."

"Oh." Ginny replied. "So that's the reason for Hermione being with you….because she's muggleborn?"

Harry nodded. "That's just one of the reasons."

Ginny sighed, then tried to pull Harry into an embrace. "Oh, Harry," she said, "I just can't wait until you kill Voldemort so that all of this will be behind us and you can move back to the wizarding world and we can go back to the way things were…"

Harry carefully pulled Ginny's arms away from his neck and shook his head as he held her hands. "That's not going to happen, Ginny."

"Oh, don't say that, Harry…of course you're going to defeat Voldemort."

"Well, that part, okay," Harry said with a slight grin. "But if and when that happens, things will never be the same."

"What do you mean? You've still got Seventh Year, and N.E.W.T.'s, and a Quidditch team to captain, and a girlfriend to snuggle up with in front of the Common Room fireplace…"

"No Ginny," Harry said firmly. "We can't go back. I don't think I'm even going back to Hogwarts as a student, and I have more important things than Quidditch to worry about, and….well, there's one more very important reason why things can't go back to the way that they were."

"Why is that?"

Harry let Ginny's hands go, pushed his own into his pockets, and summoned the courage to reply while looking at her eyes.

"Because Hermione and I have fallen in love with each other."

Ginny's eyes went wide, then she began shaking her head almost violently.

"No!"

Harry looked back across the street and saw that Ginny's response had drawn the interest of Hermione and Ron (both had wands drawn discretely to their sides).

"I'm sorry, Ginny, but it's true."

"No, no, no,…that's not possible, Harry, no, it simply can't be."

"Ginny…"

Ginny stood up and started to walk back and forth in front of the bench, with her head down and arms wrapped around herself.

"No…no…no…not possible….not the way it's supposed to be…not the way it's meant to be…"

"Ginny, stop, please, and listen to me."

Ginny shook her head and muttered. "Nope, can't listen to what can't be happening…no….Mrs. Ginny Potter…it's the way it's supposed to be…"

Harry stood and grabbed Ginny's arms, forcing her to stand still. "Ginny, are you going to stop and listen to me, or am I going to have to petrify you?"

"No, Harry," Ginny replied, "you wouldn't do that to me…we were meant to be together…"

"Oy! Ginny!" Ron shouted from across the way. "If Harry doesn't, then I will."

Ginny turned her head to look at her brother, then shook her head once more. "Nope, can't be happening…must be a dream, or some delusion, or else Ron would be hexing Harry right now…can't be real…Mrs. Potter…meant to be…"

Hermione decided that enough was enough and crossed the street. Ron and Luna were close behind, each worried that hexes would be flying in the very near future.

Hermione went to Harry's side, and grabbed hold of his hand in support. She turned to Ron and nodded, in a silent request for help.

"Ginny, this is not a dream," Ron said, as he walked up to his sister. "Harry and Hermione are together, I'm okay with it, and that's as it should be."

Ron's comment broke Ginny out of her quasi-catatonic state. She waved her arm towards Harry and Hermione and asked, "What? You're okay with this?"

Ron reached out for Luna's hand, which she gave him with a smile. Ron then turned back to his sister and said, "Yes, Ginny…I'm more that okay with it."

Ginny looked at Ron and Luna holding hands and put a rational thought together. "So you..and Luna?" Ginny asked sarcastically. "Oh, now it makes so much sense….Harry and Hermione, Ron and Luna….well where in Merlin's name does that leave me….with Draco Malfoy?"

Ron shuddered. "Don't need to go down that road, Ginny, do you?" he asked.

"We're sorry that your upset about this," Hermione said, "But it is what it is…it is what it has been for some time now. We just didn't realize it, and I think that you know that's the case."

Ginny turned towards Hermione and her eyes narrowed. "You!" she cried. "You knew I've fancied Harry for the longest time…you knew and you betrayed me!"

"No, Ginny," Harry said, his fingers now on his wand, "You didn't fancy me, you fancied The Boy-Who-Lived."

"What?" Ginny asked. "But you are the Boy-Who-Lived?"

Hermione made an attempt to reach out but Ginny turned her back. Harry motioned to the others to take a few steps back.

"Ginny, walk with me some more?" he asked.

Ginny didn't look up at Harry, but did nod her head slightly and reached out her left hand. Harry let out his deep breath, then looked over to Hermione. When she nodded her acceptance, Harry took Ginny's hand, and began to walk with her down a park path.

"You had a crush on me even before you met me, didn't you?" he asked.

Ginny quietly stole a glance at Harry, before softly replying, "Maybe."

"But you didn't know what I was like, really…all you knew of me was that I somehow saved the wizarding world, right?"

"But then I did meet you, Harry," Ginny said, "and I did get the chance to know the real you."

Harry nodded. "Yes, Ginny, you had the chance, but did you really take it?"

"Of course I did," Ginny replied a bit sharply. "Or did I miss something in between all of the snogging last month?"

"I think maybe you did," Harry replied sadly. "If you really did know me then you wouldn't have said what you did on the day of Dumbledore's funeral."

"What?" Ginny asked, in a tone that suggested she really didn't know. "What do you mean?"

Harry sighed. "You said that I wouldn't be happy unless I was fighting Voldemort."

"Um, yeah?" Ginny replied. "You'd rather somebody else was doing it? I mean, really…it's who you are."

Harry stopped and had to count to ten to stave off an outburst. "Ginny….you still don't get it, do you?" He sighed. "If somebody has to face Voldemort, I guess it has to be me if you take stock in the prophecy, but….fighting Dark Lords is not who I am….Your heroic Boy-Who-Lived might get off on being a superhero, but Harry Potter would wish nothing better than to have a quiet life with a wife, family, and bit of garden to tend to."

Ginny shook her head. "Oh, that's just the stress talking, Harry."

"No Ginny," Harry replied sharply. "It's always been that way….you know, Ron used to think the same way, and if he's gotten it through his thick skull then I would hope you could too. I'd trade all of the fame and all of my fortune for a simple life of anonymity."

Ginny shook her head. "No…even when you do kill Voldemort, you'll still want to be the good guy, the hero…it's the "people saving thing," like Hermione says."

Harry stopped and forced Ginny to look at him. "Yes, Hermione's said that…but she also knows just how reluctant I am when it comes to dealing with all of the publicity and fame and adoration."

Ginny tried to make a joke of that, saying, "Well you will really need to work on that then, because if you think you're popular in the wizarding world now, just wait until Voldemort's gone."

Harry shook his head. "I'm not going to change, Ginny, and I don't think I'll care a rat's arse what the wizarding world thinks of me, because I'm not sure I'm ever coming back."

"What do you mean?" Ginny asked. "Of course you'll be part of the wizarding world, how could one of the most powerful wizards in the world not be?"

"You still don't get it, do you?" Harry asked quietly. "I don't want to be part of a wizarding world that doesn't care if a Dark Lord pops up every fifty years…I mean, look at this pure-blood nonsense that is still out and about."

"Well you certainly could change that as Minister of Magic," Ginny replied brightly.

"No, I don't think I could," Harry replied, "even if I were offered the job. Which I won't, because Queen's Wizard is not a job to walk away from….not a job I want to walk away from."

"What do you mean?"

"Ginny, by accepting the job as Queen's Wizard I've given up any chance of working for the Ministry of Magic…at least in its current form. In a way I actually have added fuel to the fire of all of those pureblooded bigots who claim that muggle-borns can't be trusted in the wizarding world."

"But you're not a muggle-born, Harry…your dad was pure-blooded."

"I was muggle-raised, though….I don't see the difference, and the bigots don't either."

"So that means…"

"So that means that I'll never be able to live completely within the wizarding world, even if I wanted to."

"But there's no reason why I couldn't chuck it all to be with you, right?"

"Ginny, let's be honest," Harry replied. "You've been raised in the wizarding world…been a part of it all your life. I can't imagine you trying to live even partway in the muggle world."

"But I could try."

"Yes, Ginny, you could try….but you wouldn't truly be happy in the muggle world."

"So you and Hermione…it's just because she's muggle-born, then, eh?"

Harry shook his head. "Not at all, Ginny…unless being muggle-born is the only way someone couldn't be so captivated by the Boy-Who-Lived image that she couldn't see the real me…see me as I want to be."

The walked silently for a few moments, giving Harry the chance to confirm that the other three were still a respectful pace behind.

"Listen, Ginny, I don't know if what I've said makes any sense, but it is the way it is, and I need you to accept Hermione and me being together."

Ginny snorted. "Why do you need my acceptance?"

"Because, Ginny, I don't want to lose you as a friend…just like I didn't want to lose Ron's friendship."

"You still want to be friends?"

Harry pulled Ginny into an awkward hug. "Of course I do."

"So just friends, then?"

Harry looked at Ginny for a moment, then added, "Well, friends and comrade-in-arms too."

Ginny looked at Harry quizzically. "But I thought you didn't want me fighting by your side?"

Harry nodded. "That's right, Ginny…but with the way things are I still need your help…maybe even in ways more important than being with me."

"How's that?"

Harry paused, then looked over his shoulder back at Ron, Luna and Hermione.

"Well, Ginny…I need to form another army, kind of like the DA."

"Something like the DA but not the DA?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah…right now I'm calling it the Peanut Butter Brigade."

Ginny looked at Harry strangely. "What's peanut butter, and how would you use it to fight?"

Harry laughed, and motioned for the others to join in the scheming.

+++

A/N: Yes I know a few of you are still patiently waiting for the last chapter of Gladiator…it's getting there, really. Give me another week or so.