Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just You by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just You

gypsybaby21

Chapter Nine: A Little Bit Of You

James grinned devilishly. "You remembered."

Lily squealed and flipped around only to collide into his chest. "Don't do that," she growled smacking him on his arm.

James licked his lips and smirked down at her in amusement. "I-"

Holding up a hand, Lily cut him off. "Don't."

"Don't what?"

"Just don't. I'm not in the mood for you, so lets get this stupid date over with, alright?"

James reached for her hand and clutched it tightly inside of his. "I'll get you out of that bad mood of yours. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"More like woke up on the right side, but then remembered I was going to be plagued with having to look at your face all day."

Lily went to pull her hand away, but James refused to let her go. "Lily, we are going to have fun today."

Lily snorted. "Right."

James smiled down at her lifted her chin and kissed her as passionately as he could. When he pulled back she was in a daze, her eyes still closed, her lips red. James grinned and yanked her into a walk. She fell forward, but quickly caught her balance.

"Hey! Don't pull me like that," she growled pulling her hand away and falling a few steps behind.

James stopped so suddenly that Lily ran into his back. With his head bowed he sighed heavily. "Please, loosen up and give me a chance. We have something Lil, you felt it, I felt it. Please."

Lily felt her heart flip inside of her chest. Her stomach fluttered with an unfamiliar feeling that sent shivers up and down her spine. She shuddered and leaned slightly forward sniffing James's smell.

Breathing heavily James pushed back against Lily, which, because she smelled him so closely, caused her lips to graze his neck. "What are you doing?"

"I-I like the way you smell," she whispered softly, close to his ear.

"I like the way you smell."

Lily caught the giggle that was bubbling in her throat. She placed her hands on the back of his muscular shoulders and pushed him gently.

James whipped around a wide grin on his face. "I take it that that little love push was a sign of you giving me a chance?"

"I don't know." Lily shrugged.

~*~

Lily shrieked with laughter. James blushed sheepishly and bowed his head, grabbing Lily's hand and pulling her up towards the Gryffindor common room.

"I can not believe you James Potter!" Lily yelled loudly still bubbling with laughter.

James smiled softly at her and lifted his hand up to caress her cheek. "You are so beautiful when you smile."

Lily jerked her head back, but not before nudging his hand softly with her chin. "Don't get all soppy on me."

"Naw, not my kind of thing. So, do we call it a night now, or do you want-"

"I'm not ready too go too bed yet," Lily sighed shaking her head and plopping down on the common room couch.

"Well get up, we get caught in here after hours we get in trouble."

"Where are you gonna go?"

"My room."

"I don't feel like dealing with-"

"I have two rooms. One I share, the other is more like a place where I go when I need some time to myself. We'll go there, okay?"

"Fine then, lets go."

James smiled and placed his hand gently on the small of her back. Lily bucked her back and growled at him.

"Don't get any ideas."

"No, I, no!"

They walked towards the room in silence, James walking a few steps ahead and within seconds it seemed that they both entered the darkly decorated room.

"Merlin!" Lily gasped. "What were you going through when you decorated this room? The depression of the century?"

James snorted. "If you can believe it."

"No way! You?"

He smiled and nodded his head.

Lily frowned and flopped down on his bed, resting against his headboard. "Why?"

"I don't know. I just went through it I suppose. I guess I was unhappy about well…everything. Every day for almost a year and half I looked in my mirror called myself names degrading myself repeatedly. It was during our fifth year."

"The year you were relentless in the teasing."

James nodded, not looking very happy about it. "Towards the end of that year Sirius whipped me into shape, it took awhile, but I got out of it and towards the end of summer, I saw you in Diagon Alley."

Lily frowned. "I know, I saw you too, I wondered why you just stared at me. I didn't think you saw me and was secretly praying that it continued that way."

James grinned down at Lily. "It was actually the first time I'd ever had an impure though about you."

Lily gasped. "POTTER!"

He loved the way the innocent blush she had crept up her neck and danced along her cheeks.

James held back a groan as his groin tightened. It was as if he had just realized she was on his bed, her medium length hair spread out on his pillow like a cascade of water flowing down towards a pitch black bottomless pond.

James dropped down on the bed at the bottom of Lily's feet and began to crawl up her.

"What are you doing?" Lily stiffened slightly.

His face had turned serious and something Lily had only seen the night in the infirmary, the look that had turned her insides to mush, but at the same time had set her on fire.

"James," she whispered slightly out of breath.

Her eyes searched his fierce ones as he got closer, so close that all she had to do to touch his lips was breathe.

"Um," Lily's voice shuddered and her eyes shut.

She gasped slightly as she felt one of James's hands slid underneath her hips and jerked them against his. It was then that he dropped his lips to hers. Only it wasn't rough or soft, it was desperate. It was as if he was trying to breathe through her.

"Oh Lil," he whispered heatedly and then slid his tongue along the seam of lips, prying them open.

James took his other hand up underneath her shirt cupping her laced breast.

Lily sucked in a deep breath and unconsciously lifted her hips towards James's.

"James, we should stop," Lily gasped.

James kissed his way down her throat.

"Oh, wow," Lily cried as his hand went down underneath her pants.

Her hips jerked and she yanked at his hand, her eyes widening in fear. Lily's whole body stiffened.

James groaned into the side of her neck, pulling her hips into his. "Lily," he gasped into her ear.

"James, please-" Lily didn't finish as she felt him push a finger inside of her. "Oh, yes," she whimpered.

James reached for the buttons on her shirt. "You taste so good."

Reality snapped like a stick in Lily's ears. She had to stop this.

"James stop!" Lily growled pushing her hands up onto his chest holding him away.

James's eyes flared. "Why? Why do girls always say 'stop' when it's getting to the good part?"

Lily snorted. "Do you really want me to answer that?"

"Maybe not," James murmured.

She pushed him off her and quickly stood up. Twirling her finger in her hair Lily stared down at James nervously. "I'm sorry."

James smiled up at her and shifted in an uncomfortable manner. "It's fine."

Lily shook her head and tucked her hair behind her ears, her eyes trailing around the room. "So lets just pretend this never happened."

"I can't pretend that the almost best night of my life never happened!"

Lily lifted an eyebrow. "Almost?"

"I don't think I need to explain the 'almost'," James huffed.

"Hmm, it's not like you haven't done it before."

Lily swallowed as she saw James's eyes darken.

"This is different."

"How so?" Lily asked shoving her hands into her jean pockets.

James's eyes dropped down to her gaping shirt. Lily glanced down and quickly jerked her hands out of her pocket and furiously started buttoning her shirt.

He grinned and adjusted his glasses. "I didn't love them."

Lily's eyes widened slightly. "You-you don't love me. You don't even know me."

"I've known you for six years."

"Yes, but you don't know me!"

James leapt up from the bed and grabbed Lily's hand. "Be my girlfriend."

"What?" Lily asked shocked as she glanced down at his hand clutching hers.

"You heard me."

"I-I need too start off as being your friend first."

James gritted his teeth. "Lily."

"Please, James, if you say that you have feelings for me you'll do it."

James cracked his neck and sighed. "Fine, but you can't ask me too forget what just happened between us or what happened in the infirmary. I can't and I won't."

Lily lifted her hand up and drifted her fingertips down his face. "James, I won't ask you to forget. I know I won't be able to either, but we can set it aside for the time being. Please? Please?"

"Fine," he whispered running a hand through his hair.

"G'bye," Lily called to him as she walked out of the door.

James frowned at the door and clutched his chest as he plopped down on to his bed.

He would make her change her mind.

"My Lily," he whispered.

To Be Continued…

Again, sorry it took so long! Hope everyone liked it and sorry about the mistakes! ~Aya