Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just You by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just You

gypsybaby21

Short (in everything, details etc…but it's still kind of what I wanted to do, though I did want it to be a little longer) last chapter…it had to come to an end.

Sorry if it isn't the greatest!

Chapter Fifteen: In Loving Memory

…James

James awoke to sunbeams shining through the window, to the smell of Lily all over his skin, and to the sound of a gentle mewling noise as the body at his side snuggled deeper into his arms.

No matter how sad the day before had been, the night after that day had been breathtakingly wonderful. They had made sweet, glorious love three times, could have gone at it a fourth time if James hadn't been worried about how sore Lily would be come morning.

He turned his head towards her and dropped a gentle kiss against her forehead. James felt warm, calm, and very, very happy. If he could, he would stay in this bed with her forever. James had never felt so at ease. It was the end for a lot of things in their life, but this was something, what he a Lily had, it would be a beginning of a long life.

He stared at her, running his fingers through her hair. My Lily, forever…

-----------

…Lily

Lily grunted as she stretched awake then slowly eased into a relaxing moan as the scent of James permeated through her. She grinned, a slightly sad grin, but still happy, as she felt his arms tighten around her waist.

She slowly opened her eyes, only to meet his, coming to the conclusion that he'd been watching her sleep for some time. "Morning."

He gave her a quick almost fake smile before his face turned wrinkled back to concentration, observation. "I'm gonna marry you Lily."

Lily chuckled and turned her head fully towards him. "Is that a proposal or are you telling me what to do?"

His eyes softened as he reached out a hand to caress her cheek. "Just stating a fact," he whispered softly.

Lily swallowed, dropping her gaze, just realizing how incredibly serious he was. "How can you be so sure?"

"I was sure the day you walked into the girls bathroom and I'd still had the results of your previous prank hanging from my chest."

"Fr-from your chest?" she frowned.

"The breasts?"

Lily snorted with laughter, her entire body shaking with mirth. "I can't believe I didn't remember that! I never told you how much you turned me on in that bathroom."

"Really, even with the breasts?"

She nodded. "I wasn't focusing on those as much as the bats flopping around in my stomach."

"Marry me Lily. I'll make you happy."

She smiled. "I know you will."

-----------

James pushed his glasses up his nose as he stared down and into the crib where his little boy slept peacefully. "Good morning Harry-today's the day our dreams come true. Today's the day the Wizarding World will defeat its adversaries and triumph in life as your mother and I have. Kind of sounded poetic didn't it? I'll see you tonight son, I love you."

He turned to see Lily leaning against the doorframe with a smirk on her face. "That was cute, a big tough man saving the world, but telling his son he loves him before he goes. Now, how much do you love me?"

James smiled seductively as he walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her neck, pulling her closer to him. "I thought I showed you how much I love you last night."

"Well, now you have to tell me how much you love, but you can show me again tonight," she whispered in his ear, rubbing her cheek against his, before darting her tongue out to capture his ear lobe.

"You keep doing that and I'm going to have to stay home."

Lily perked up. "Stay home! It's not like anything important is going to happen today."

James sighed, tucking her hair behind her ears. "I can't Lil. Do you remember that `good thing' I'd been talking about? That thing that was going to make everything different, well, we're acting on it today."

"Is-um, is it dangerous?"

James gave her a peck on the lips. "Don't worry, I promise I'll come back to you and Harry. I promise."

-----------

It had gone well, that `good thing,' and now he was coming home. Tonight was going to be perfect and tomorrow would wake to show peace for once in a long while.

James looked up and saw through the window of their home Lily cradling Harry in her arms, walking back and forth, lulling him to sleep. He was home. He felt nostalgic and not just because it was the anniversary of Ari's death, rest her soul, but because he was home. This beautiful house Lily had chosen for them wasn't it though, Lily was his home and Harry.

A rustling in a near by bush took his attention away from his beautiful wife cradling their son in the house. "Hello? Is someone there?"

"Hsshssss," was the reply.

James eyes widened as the figure revealed himself from behind the brush, cloaked in black.

"Avada…"

James eyes widened before he thought his last thought. "Lily," he whispered.

-----------

Lily frowned as her heart jolted. What was this, she wondered. "Hmm," she hummed as she glanced up at the sky from the window. The sun was setting; James was usually home before the sun set.

"Jaime," she whispered. "Hurry home. I can't wait to tell you anymore."

It was then that she heard the door creak open, she turned around excitedly, desperately wanting to see her James face when she finally told him that she was pregnant, again. "James!" she cried out.

The figure in the door was not James and she knew then that she would see him again in a little while. Lily turned her back to the intruder, knowing she could do nothing, her wand was downstairs, and with Harry in her arms-it would be too dangerous to attempt anything than this. Her protecting him, this old magic ensures his survival, and he must survive.

"Harry, my love, be a good boy," she whispered in his ear, just before the searing pain came.

++Complete++

I know angst, I hate angst, but they did die in the books, it's not something new, so sorry again. I apologize: for the long wait, if you aren't happy with the end, for all the crappiness of grammar punctuation etc. that ensued before and now. Hope you all enjoyed just the same. Thanks for stickin' so long and all the comments!

-->