Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming To Salem by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming To Salem

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

AN: So many of you had been enquiring as to when the next chapter of this story would be out so I decided to put you out of your misery, after all it has been six months!! I'm so sorry. It's not very long but unfortunately that is the only way that I can get updates out quicker. I do hope you enjoy this little slice.

Coming to Salem

Chapter 11

****

Harry took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. He didn't really understand why he was nervous, he didn't usually get nervous. He and Hermione had just arrived at her parent's house and they were standing outside the front door.

"Will you stop worrying," Hermione said stroking his face. "Trust me when my father finds out who you really are he'll be only too pleased to know that we're engaged."

"Even when he finds out that I lied to you?" Harry asked sceptically.

Hermione snorted. "Harry you're rich and you're a prince, you are everything that he could want for his little incapable girl." Harry looked at her like he wanted to say something but kept his mouth shut. "The answer is yes, Harry."

"Yes what?"

"Yes he really is that shallow."

"Hermione, I would never say-"

"I know you wouldn't," Hermione said placing her hands on his chest. "That's why I said it for you."

"I find it hard to believe that your father thinks of you as incapable."

"I've already told you that he hates my independence, Harry," Hermione said rubbing his chest.

"Well I happen to love you for it," Harry smiled, before gently kissing her on the lips.

Hermione was left slightly dazed by his kiss. "Promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Promise to grow your stubble back soon."

Harry laughed at her request. He had shaved off the beard he'd grown as part of his `James' disguise, in order for Hermione's parents to recognise him more. His hair was growing too and was becoming messy as ever. "Do you not find me attractive without it?"

"Of course I do," she said feeling a tad guilty for making him think that she didn't. "I'm sorry-"

"Hermione, I was only kidding," he told her after seeing her upset face.

"Your stubble just...really turns me on," she blushed.

Harry grinned. "Then I promise I'll grow it back, and it will definitely be there on our honeymoon too."

"Good," she said happily, her face turning red at word `honeymoon'. "Are you ready?"

Harry nuzzled her nose with his. "Yes."

Hermione knocked on the door and it wasn't long before she came face to face with her mother. "Hello dear."

"Hello mother," Hermione smiled.

Susan Granger looked at the man standing beside her daughter and after a few moments gasped. "Oh my goodness."

"Mrs Granger," Harry nodded politely.

Hermione began to feel impatient. "Mother can we come in?"

Hermione's mother was obviously still in shock. "Yes, of course." She ushered them in and closed the door, her eyes remaining on her daughter and the man with her. "Will someone tell me what's going on? Hermione I thought you were bringing James, not some prince of Gryffindor imposter!"

"He's not an imposter and it is James," Hermione tried to explain. Her mother was clearly more confused than ever. "Kind of."

"Well what does that mean?" Susan Granger asked, thinking her daughter had lost her mind.

"It means that I met him as James," Hermione replied. "But it was really...Harry Potter."

Susan Granger eyed her daughter with concern. "Hermione, I know that you're at university and people your age experiment with things so I want you to know that I won't be too angry as long as you answer my next question truthfully."

"What question?" Hermione asked not liking how this was going.

"Are you on drugs my dear?" Susan asked her gently.

"Oh don't be ridiculous!" Hermione replied insulted. "Of course I'm not on drugs! How could you suggest such a thing?!"

Harry chose this moment to intervene. "Hermione, maybe I should be the one to explain this." He turned to Hermione's mother who looked at him expectantly. "Mrs Granger, I came to Salem for...personal reasons and in order to get around without being hounded, which I would have been I'm sure, I had to create another identity. It was when I was acting as James, that I met Hermione. And when things began getting more serious between us, I realised that I had to tell her who I really was."

Mrs Granger was stunned. "So you're...really him?"

"Yes Mrs Granger," Harry replied. "I am."

Mrs Granger tried her best to begin processing what she had just been told, but was struggling. Her husband was not going to believe this. She led them to the large living room where Mr Granger was sat down reading a newspaper.

"John," she said announcing their presence. "Hermione and her friend are here."

"Uh-huh," he mumbled without looking up.

"John!" she scolded his ignorance.

He glanced from his newspaper to see Hermione and Prince Harry of Gryffindor standing beside his wife then went back to his paper. "Wait what?!" His head snapped back up and he jumped out of his chair.

"Hi daddy," Hermione said.

Mr Granger was speechless and stood rooted to the spot. The newspaper fell from his hand to the ground as his mouth bobbed up and down.

"I think you had better sit down John," his wife said.

Mr Granger took his wife's advice and sat down, keeping his mouth shut the whole time it took for Harry and Hermione to explain just what had been going on. When they finished their story, the grin on John Granger's face was unmistakeable. It was exactly what Hermione had predicted would happen.

Her father hadn't commented on the fact that Harry had hurt her along the way, much to Hermione's dismay. Even though she was no longer angry with Harry and she understood his reasons for what he did, she was just hurt that her father didn't seem to have an opinion on it. The only thing that mattered to him was that his little girl had bagged someone who was richer than him and her mother.

"So how much are you actually worth, Harry?" John asked him grinning madly.

"Daddy!" Hermione looked at her father disgusted. "You can't just come out and ask things like that!"

"Well of course I can Hermione," her father said not phased. "Half of what he owns is going to be yours remember?"

Harry wasn't really that bothered by these intrusive questions as he'd expected them, the only thing he cared about was his fiancée. "Hermione, it's fine really."

"See," John gestured to Harry.

"It most certainly is not fine!" Hermione retorted.

"Everything has worked out the way it was supposed to," Mr Granger said happily before facing Harry. "And I certainly hope that you won't let her continue to work."

"Excuse me?!" Hermione spat. "Let her? I have a name and I will work for as long as I choose to regardless of what anyone says!"

Harry admired her proudly and shrugged. "Can't argue with that."

"But you'll be her husband, and you're the prince," John said to Harry.

"Sir?" Harry needed him to elaborate.

Hermione looked like she could kill. "He's saying that I'll have to obey you."

"That won't be the case Mr Granger," Harry said amused, Hermione's father seemed to be more old fashioned than his own parents. "Hermione, as far as I'm concerned, has the right to choose to do whatever it is that she wishes. I also don't condemn her dream of becoming a teacher, but encourage it whole heartedly."

"Well that's all well and good Harry," John said smiling. "But she'll come around to my way of thinking when she starts popping those heirs out for you."

"That's it!" Hermione raged. "I'm out of here!"

Harry stood up immediately as did Hermione's mother. "Hermione don't leave," her mother said softly, then stared at her husband. "John, apologise to your daughter!"

John stood up. "She knows I'm only kidding around."

"I don't care if you are," Susan spat. "Apologise!"

"Save it," Hermione said hotly. "I don't want it if it's not genuine."

"Hermione if I've offended you-"

Hermione cut her father off. "How could you have not offended me?! When are you going to get it that I like to stand on my own two feet?!" Hermione didn't wait for an answer and fled the room quickly.

Harry looked over in the direction she had disappeared, and then faced her parents. "Would you excuse me please?"

"Of course," Susan said kindly.

Harry left the room to go find his fiancée, leaving her parents alone in the room.

Susan smacked her husband on the arm. "The sooner you can make the transition to the 20th century the better it'll be for all of us!"

Susan then stormed out leaving her husband alone to reflect on what an utter idiot he had been.

****

Harry found Hermione outside in the grounds sitting on a stone wall. "Are you okay my darling?" he asked gently.

"He's never going to accept who I am!" Hermione said flatly. "No matter what I do or what I become."

Harry stepped in between her legs and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Do you want to hear something funny? It might cheer you up a bit."

"Please," Hermione replied. "Anything to get me out of this mood."

"You know when we're married and you officially become the Gryffindor princess?" Hermione slowly nodded. "Royal wizarding tradition states that, should you order it, he would be expected to bow to you on every initial meeting that you may have."

Hermione let what Harry had just told her sink in and soon enough a huge grin slowly started to form on her face. "Are you serious? I mean is that really true?"

Harry nodded. "Certainly when he's in the wizarding world or should your parents ever reside at our palace."

It took a few moments but it wasn't long before Hermione was in tears of laughter. She would be able to order her father to bow to her in the wizarding world? That was absolutely brilliant. Harry was right, it was quite funny and it did cheer her up. Oh how the mighty could fall.

"That has made my day," she said still giggling.

"You deserve respect, Hermione," Harry said seriously.

"Well at least someone thinks I do," she sighed, with a smile still present.

Harry was happy that he'd managed to cheer her up. "I'd make him do it you know?"

"What's that?"

"I'd make him bow to you," Harry grinned.

"Oh you would not," Hermione tapped him playfully.

"I'd bow to you myself if you ordered me to," Harry told her huskily.

Hermione gazed at him in awe. "You would wouldn't you?"

"I told you that I would do anything for you," Harry said leaning his forehead against hers.

Hermione cupped his face. "Anything?"

"Anything," he confirmed.

Hermione closed her eyes. "I want you to do something for me."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Love me forever," she whispered. Harry laughed quietly causing her to open her eyes. "What's so funny?"

"For a moment there I thought you were actually going to give me a challenge," Harry replied smugly.

Hermione wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his in a sweet kiss. Harry hugged her tighter to him as their kiss intensified, the softness of her lips making him desperate for more. She tasted so good and was sending shivers down his spine as she tried to get even closer to him. Her legs on instinct wrapped around his waist, and she forgot all about what had happened earlier, her father and his old fashioned views as she opened her mouth even more and felt Harry's tongue continue to battle with hers.

It was when Harry's lips left hers to trail down her throat, did she finally let out a suppressed moan. He was nibbling at her skin and making her feel dizzy. She opened her eyes taking in her surroundings and suddenly remembered where they were. They couldn't do this here.

"Harry," she managed to get out.

"Mmmm," he murmured into her neck.

"Let's go back to my apartment," she suggested breathing heavily. "We can't do this here."

Harry finally pulled back with lust clouding his eyes. "Your wish is my command my lady."

Hermione waited for Harry to step back then she jumped down form the wall. She grabbed his hand and together they went back into the house to tell her parents that they were leaving.

Hermione wasn't going to abandon her values, not that she believed Harry would let her, but she was completely turned on at that moment and there was no reason that she and Harry couldn't have a little fun. He was causing feelings in her that she had never had before both emotional and physical, and she wanted to experience some of those feelings to the full. Right now.

****

I hope that you enjoyed the chapter. I don't know when the next one will be out but it won't take as long as before I Promise. I really am concentrating on JOMT as I'm on a roll at the moment with that story so that takes up most of my time, but have no fear, I shall not abandon any of my stories. I appreciate you guys for bearing with me.

Until next time faithful readers.

-->