Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming To Salem by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming To Salem

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

Coming To Salem

Chapter Four

****

Hermione put another spoonful of ice cream in her mouth and closed her eyes in bliss. Harry smiled at the sight, everything she was doing was driving him insane with lust.

"I don't usually do this, you know," Hermione interrupted his thoughts.

Harry shook his head and smiled. "I'm sorry?"

"This," Hermione motioned to her ice cream. "I don't usually eat crap."

Harry laughed. "It certainly doesn't look like you do."

Hermione raised her eyebrows. "How can you tell?"

"Well, it's just that…" Harry began to stutter much to the amusement of Hermione. "You look…I mean to say that you're…very…everything's so well…placed."

Hermione couldn't resist and started giggling. "That was beautiful."

Harry smiled and nodded. "Is there any chance you could ignore what I just said?"

"Well it depends," Hermione said taking in another scoop of ice cream.

"On what?" Harry asked.

"Were you trying to tell me that I have a nice body?" Hermione asked shyly.

"No!" Harry said, his head snapping up and his eyes finally meeting Hermione's. He frowned when noticed Hermione's face fall his answer. "I mean yes! You have a lovely…figure."

Hermione blushed furiously, she never acted like this ever but James, just had a way of making her feel completely at ease. She never imagined she could be capable of making a man stutter, and she liked it. It made her feel confident, or rather James made her feel confident.

"You should know that I usually do this." Harry told her.

"Do what?"

"Make a complete and utter fool of myself," Harry admitted.

"You're not making a fool of yourself," Hermione reached over and took his hand.

"No?" Harry asked not quite believing her, but loving the tingles that her hand was causing to shoot through his skin.

"I think, you are quite possibly the sweetest guy I've ever met," she said softly.

Her statement had rendered Harry speechless, no one had ever said anything quite so nice to him before. Well that wasn't true, his parents had but that didn't count.

"You know I bet in school girls practically threw themselves at you," Hermione said.

"Why would you think that?" Harry croaked.

"Because you're so, polite and gentleman like," Hermione tried to explain. "You seem to have the utmost respect for everything, and everyone you come into contact with."

A knocking at the window they were sat by in the café disturbed them. It was the homeless couple that Harry, had given the money to. They began waving furiously at him.

"Thank you sir, thank you," the old man said giving him a thumbs up.

"God bless you, my boy," the lady added.

Harry, not really knowing what to do simply waved, and they slowly disappeared from sight. He looked back at Hermione who was gazing at him in what appeared to be total awe

"You have the most amazing effect on people," she said softly.

"No I don't," Harry said feeling embarrassed.

"And you're modest too, some women find that irresistible." Hermione smiled at him, but then frowned. "Am I making you feel uncomfortable?"

"No, of course not, I'm just not use to people saying such things to me," Harry said. "Well, people who aren't my parents, not the irresistible thing of course because that would just be weird."

Hermione laughed at his babbling. "So, did you have a lot of girlfriends at school?"

"I've only ever had two girlfriends, neither lasted very long," Harry said quietly.

"What was wrong with them?" Hermione asked him.

"What makes you think anything was wrong with them?" he asked with a grin.

"So it was you?" Hermione asked.

Harry looked away and smiled widely. "No it was them."

"I would have found it very hard to believe if you'd told me that they had left you," Hermione said, stroking his hand.

Harry looked to where their hands were joined, neither of them had let go since she had took hold of it earlier.

"So, what were they like?" Hermione pressed.

Harry's eyes met hers. "They were nothing like you."

The waiter came and placed the bill on the table. Hermione went to pick it up with her free hand, but Harry stopped her. "Please let me," he said.

"No, allow me," Hermione insisted.

"It's not right I should pay," Harry said seriously.

"James," Hermione started softly. "I want you to know that I'm here with you right now because I want to be. And while I find you opening doors for me and giving me flowers very romantic, I already told you that I'm incredibly independent." Harry remained silent and let her continue. "So if I wish to buy us dinner, I expect you to let me."

"I've never met anyone like you," Harry said gently.

"Most people would thank Merlin, that there is only one of me in the world," Hermione joked.

"I know I'm thanking him for something right now," Harry said sweetly.

****

After dinner Harry and Hermione apparated back to her apartment building. They were currently standing in the corridor just outside Hermione's apartment door.

"Would you like to come in for a while?" Hermione asked him. "We don't have to be at work till eight."

"I don't think there's anything I'm suppose to be doing for the next three hours," Harry smiled.

"Good," Hermione opened the door and walked inside with Harry following her.

Samantha, who was still in her bedclothes and watching TV on the couch, glanced at them briefly. "How was the date?"

"It was perfect," Hermione replied.

"What about you, James?" Samantha asked.

"Perfect," he echoed.

Samantha rolled her eyes. "So it was boring, just as I thought."

Hermione laughed and dragged Harry off to the kitchen.

****

Drink?" Hermione asked opening the fridge.

"Whatever your having," Harry replied.

Hermione bent over scanning the inside of the fridge for refreshments, and was giving Harry a perfect view of her backside. All of a sudden his mouth started to go dry, and he suddenly realised it had been a few hours since he had kissed her and he was desperate to do it again. He slowly walked closer towards the fridge which Hermione was still rummaging through. He had no idea what he was going to do but he needed to do something.

Hermione found what she was looking for and closed the fridge door. "Pumpkin juice ok?"

"Yeah," Harry squeaked. "Great."

"Would you mind getting a couple of glasses?" Hermione pointed to a cupboard behind Harry. "They're in that one behind you."

"Sure," Harry turned around and reached up to take out two glasses from the cupboard behind him, not noticing Hermione, who was looking at him like that the cat who got the cream.

Hermione could only stare at the tight muscles in his arm and bicep as he reached up for the glasses. She quickly looked away when he turned around, stood beside her and placed the glasses on the table.

"Thanks," Hermione was just about to pour the drinks when she felt James' fingers smooth her cheek. She put the juice on the table and slowly turned to face him. He was looking at her like with the most intense gaze she had ever seen, was that lust in his eyes?

Harry slowly enveloped her in his arms and Hermione almost melted on the spot. She fit perfectly as if she was made to fit right there against his chest. Hermione didn't have long to think about how incredible the arms she was admiring earlier felt. Harry's mouth has covered hers, and she began to be engulfed by the sweet hot taste of his lips.

Shaking slightly, she eagerly ran her fingers over his short hair, settling her hands at the base of his neck while flicking her tongue into his mouth. Several moans later, she began to run her hands hungrily across his shoulders and over the lean muscles of his back. Harry didn't let go as he dizzily pressed his body closer against hers, and backed her up against the kitchen counter as he started planting kisses down her neck. They separated a while later for a few moments to get there breath back, still clinging to one another. Harry swallowed upon looking into her eyes, causing her to blink slowly at him and smile.

"I have to tell you something," he said seriously.

"What?" Hermione breathed.

Harry swallowed hard. "I'm crazy about you."

Hermione smiled. "I'm crazy about you too."

Harry latched his lips back onto Hermione's, immediately plunging his tongue into her mouth. It wasn't long before they began grinding up against each other, the need to be even closer than they were proving too much to bear. Hermione moaned in approval as she felt Harry's lips on her neck once again, and gently encouraged him by grasping his shoulders tightly and pulling hi downwards. She noticed his breath becoming erratic and his kisses started to feel even hotter.

Becoming more daring Harry let a hand drift down behind Hermione's back, and start to creep up inside her blouse. He grinned as he felt her skin for the first time, it felt exactly like he thought it would and better, soft and silky smooth. Harry felt the shiver go down Hermione's spine when his fingertips made first contact with her skin, the soft sigh emitting from her lips driving him even more insane with need. She was the most beautiful being ever to have been in his arms, Hermione was his princess.

"Ahem," a voice made them jump apart like they been electrocuted.

"Samantha," Hermione yelped, as she started to straighten her blouse and smooth down her hair. "What is it?"

"I just wanted to see if everything was ok," Samantha smirked. "They clearly are."

"We were just getting a drink," Harry said going purple, causing Hermione to smile widely.

"A drink?" Samantha repeated amused. "So that's what you English are calling it these days."

Harry managed a laugh as did Hermione, they were acting like a couple of naughty school kids who had just been caught by a teacher.

"Sam," Hermione clapped her hands together. "Guess who James, here went to school with?"

Harry closed his eyes in horror.

"Who?" Sam asked intrigued.

"I'll give you a clue," Hermione said. "He sleeps above your bed."

Samantha slapped a hand against her head. "NO!!!!!!!"

Harry was beginning to feel very uncomfortable.

"You went to school with Prince Harry?!" Sam screeched.

****

He would never have believed that he would ever find himself in a situation like this, but sure enough here he was, in a bedroom, looking at a poster of himself hanging over some witches bed. The witch just had to be the best friend of the girl he was beginning to fall madly in love with, nothing seemed to be going right for him at this moment. He had answered every question as truthfully as he could that Sam had asked him, without blowing his cover. He told her how he went to Hogwarts, what going to school, with himself, was like, and everything else he could tell her to satisfy her intrigue. Harry knew he was getting himself further and further into trouble, and it was only a matter of time before this whole thing blew up in his face.

"Don't worry, James," Hermione laughed, leaning against the opposite side of the door frame to him. "I think she's sad too!"

Samantha took no offence to her roommates comment, she was use to it. "But Hermione, he's such a dish!"

Samantha, didn't notice the look on Harry's face, as she was too busy gazing up at his quidditch picture that was hanging above her bed. If only she knew she was standing next to the real deal, or that her friend had just been involved in a heavy make out session with the man himself, she would surely faint.

Samantha, suddenly looked down and across at Harry, very strangely, which caused his eyes to widen in shock. "Oh my god!"

"What?" Hermione asked still laughing.

Samantha walked closer to, Harry. "I can't believe I didn't notice it before."

"Notice what?" Harry asked, his pulse starting to go a mile a minute.

"That's why you look so familiar," she said in awe. "You're the spitting image of him."

Harry gulped.

"Don't be ridiculous!" Hermione said disgusted. "He looks nothing like him!"

"Hermione, don't you be ridiculous" Samantha argued. "How can you not see it? James, here should take it as a huge complement!"

"He should take it as a huge insult being compared to that slime ball!" Hermione told her.

"You'll have to excuse our Hermes, here," Samantha said to Harry. "She really has it in for the guy."

"Yeah, I kind of picked up on that," Harry spoke quietly.

"I don't condone her opinion," Samantha added.

"Which I'm entitled to," Hermione said curtly.

"Hermione, believes far too much of what she reads," Sam said ignoring her friend. "I personally think she has a crush on him."

Harry's ears perked up.

"Oh grow up!" Hermione huffed, before stalking away.

Sam laughed. "Sexual frustration and denial, classic symptoms."

Harry tried to laugh with her but was finding it difficult, Hermione always ended up in a tense mood whenever his alternate personality was mentioned. He hadn't time to think any longer before Samantha interrupted his thoughts.

"Merlin," she said, shaking her head and slowly began walking out of the room. "I really though she'd gotten over it by now."

Harry scrunched his nose up in complete confusion, what did she mean by 'gotten over it?' He cleared his throat. "Erm, got over what exactly?"

Sam smiled. "She didn't always hate him you know?"

Harry snorted. "You could've fooled me."

"It's nothing, James," Sam shrugged. "Hermione, is a very sensitive person, and she has the kindest, sweetest heart that I imagine is in existence. I just think she took 'something' a little too personally back when we were in Beuxbatons."

"Like what?" Harry asked now beyond confused.

Sam looked around contemplating whether she should tell him or not. Hermione, herself had never brought the event up since it had happened, but the hurt that the situation had caused her was still present, and she obviously continued to feel extremely bitter towards the person who she had blamed for making her feel that way.

"Please don't tell her I told you this," Sam said, deciding to spill the beans.

"Sure," he nodded.

Sam took a deep breath. "Have you ever heard of The Gryffindor Council?"

"Yes," Harry answered too quickly. "I mean yes, I've heard of it, sure," he said, trying to sound more casual.

"It's a programme that King James, and Queen Lily set up for school students, in order for them to put forward potential arguments against magical practises, laws and welfare," Sam continued to explain, not knowing that she needn't bother. Harry knew all about it.

Overseeing the council became his first delegated royal responsibility a few years ago at the request of his parents. The King and Queen, thought it to be an excellent opportunity for young people his age to get involved with kingdom matters, along with sharing their thoughts and ideas. This included putting together projects that the younger generation thought would improve the way of life in the wizarding world. Thousands of projects would be sent in and reviewed by royal advisors. The successful candidates would then present their projects to Prince Harry, and hope to gain a year secondment on The Gryffindor Council. It was a prestigious honour that could potentially lead to a permanent placement within the, Royal Gryffindor governance. The governance put forward ideas of rule to The King and Queen, who would then decide whether or not to make them law.

"Hermione, was a successful candidate," Sam said softly.

Harry had to make sure that his mouth didn't hit the floor. It wasn't possible. He never saw Hermione, nor did he get a chance to personally review her project. "She was?" he croaked.

"Nothing ever come of it," she said. Sam's face fell as she remembered Hermione's despair following her trip to England. Her friend came back completely broken.

"I don't understand," Harry said with a frown.

"Apparently," Sam paused. "Prince Harry, refused to see her." Samantha then walked away to go find her friend. Reminiscing the story made her feel guilty about teasing Hermione, and she decided to go and apologise.

At that moment, Harry was too busy feeling his heart slowly begin to crumble. There had to be some mistake. He would never have refused to see anyone, he wasn't like that, especially when it came to The Gryffindor Council. Even when that traitor Peter Pettigrew, tried to…

"NO!" Harry thought, closing his eyes in realisation. "It couldn't have been her!" Harry began to feel physically sick, as he started to piece together some memories from a few years back.

****

Flashback

"Okay," prince Harry took a deep breath, and started to write some notes. "What else is on the agenda for this afternoon?"

"Your highness, at your parents request, you are to have communications with the successful candidates of this years Gryffindor council programme," Remus told him clearly.

"How many made it through this year?" Harry asked, still scribbling furiously with his quill.

"Just the two, sir," Remus answered.

Harry smiled. "Would you mind giving me advice as to how I'm suppose to judge minds, that are much more open and useful than my own?"

"You're too hard on yourself, your highness," Remus laughed. "You're many things that are good, being able to reason is one of them."

"Academic isn't one of them," Harry grinned, still writing away on his parchment.

"We can't be good at everything, sir," Remus said.

Harry nodded, and stopped writing so that he could finally look up to his faithful advisor. "Remus?"

"Yes, your highness?"

"Do me a favour will you?" Harry asked.

"Anything, sir," Remus replied.

"Stop calling me sir, and your highness," Harry grinned. "Makes me feel 50 years older than I actually am."

Before Remus could respond to the prince's request, a short tubby man spoke.

"He will address you according to protocol," the man said snottily. "May I remind you Lupin, that you are his advisor, not his friend?"

"Peter," Harry said, amused at the conversation. "You should relax, get a sense of humour, and stop calling it me too."

"I most certainly will not," the man said in shock. "Peter Pettigrew, will address all royals in the appropriate manner, as should others. What's next? Inviting the servants to eat with you?!" Harry was just about to speak until Peter beat him to it. "That, was my attempt at humour, sir."

Harry stopped writing and laughed, then leaned back into his chair. "So what do we know about the two candidates then?"

Remus looked through some parchment he was holding. "Well, the successful female candidate goes by the name of Miss Granger."

Harry nodded. "School?"

"Beuabatons," Remus answered. "Her name was originally down for Hogwarts, but her parents moved to France when she was young. We certainly missed out on a tremendous mind. Not only is she top of her class, but she is regarded as one of the brightest witches of her age."

Harry looked taken aback. "How old is she exactly?"

"Round about your age, sir," Remus grinned. "She'll be seventeen in three months."

"Older then," Harry smirked.

"Only just," Remus said. He was about to say more when Pettigrew interrupted.

"Will you just get on with it and tell us what use she is to us?!" he snapped.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Fine, what's her project?"

"Eradication of oppressive pro-pureblooded laws," Remus informed him.

"Wow," Harry said impressed. "That does sound-"

"Next!" Pettigrew interrupted.

"Excuse me," Harry said confused. "What's wrong with that?"

"It's nonsense," Peter fumed. "How can someone, at the age of seventeen have been awarded a successful candidate spot on the back of a project that contains such content?! We need to asses our subordinate advisors, and make some chops!"

"I think it's a very well thought out project," Remus voiced.

"Remus," Peter snarled. "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!"

The older men glared at each other until Pettigrew, broke the stare and addressed Prince Harry.

"Your highness," he spoke. "I must, as your parents head advisor, employ you not to proceed with a project of such scope. It would cause uproar amongst the royal subjects."

"Do you, have something against witches who aren't classed as pureblood, Peter?" Remus asked evenly. "I'm sure Queen Lily, would love to hear what you have to say on the matter."

Peter was about to retort, but Harry stood up and in between the two of them. "That's enough, both of you."

The two men remained silent, and carried on looking at each other hatefully, as Harry continued.

"Miss Granger, has earned her right to be here," Harry said. "And I fully intend to see her."

"Your highness…"

"End of discussion," Harry said sternly.

"Anything you wish, your highness," Peter said reluctantly.

"Good," Harry looked over to Remus, and missed the smirk on Peter's face.

"Who is the other candidate?" Harry asked.

"Mr. Finch-Fletchley," Remus said, handing Harry the parchment. "He wants to implicate a summer programme where students can study at other schools for a term, to understand different methods of teaching magic."

Harry nodded his head while reading. "They both sound pretty good to me." Harry then turned to face Peter. "Send in the first candidate will you?"

"Yes, your highness," Peter bowed, and left the room grinning evilly.

****

Peter walked outside to where the secretary was stationed, an older lady called Gilda.

"Gilda, send in Mr, Finch- Fletchely," he said.

Gilda looked over to where a young man, and a young girl were sitting and waiting patiently. "Mr finch-Fletchley, his highness will see you now."

The young man rose to his feet, and nervously walked through the huge oak doors that would take him to the Prince. Peter noticed the young girl trying to sneak a peak through the doors, the boy she had just been having an interesting talk with finally disappearing behind them.

He turned to Gilda. "That girl, cousin it, over there," Pettigrew nodded towards Hermione. "Get rid of her!"

"Sir?" the receptionist said in reserved shock. "That young lady is one of the Gryffindor council candidates, she's been waiting hours."

"I don't care if she camped outside for the month!" peter hissed. "How the hell did she get through our gates anyhow? We can't present such a fright like that to his highness, and risk him experiencing new nightmares, do you understand?"

"She has earned her right to be here," Gilda argued.

"Would you like to explain to Prince Harry, why you are questioning his authority?" he snarled.

"His highness, would never-"

Peter interrupted her. "Tell her that prince Harry, is no longer interested in her mindless ideas, and wants her off of his property this minute, or he will have her carried off!"

Gilda stared at him for awhile in disgust before nodding reluctantly. "Yes, sir."

Peter grinned evilly. "Good. Send her to Notre Dame, I hear Quasi Modo, is available!" he said cruelly, before walking off very pleased with himself.

Gilda shook her head in dismay, before looking over at the girl who was fidgeting nervously. She appeared to be going over things in her mind at furious pace. Her head was going from side to side, and she was saying things to herself. Probably practising what she was going to say to prince Harry, when she met him. Most girls wore the same expression just before they met the dashing royal. Gilda knew she had a job to do, it wasn't her place to argue. But how, how was she suppose to crush a young woman's dream so callously, and live with herself afterwards?

"Miss Granger," Gilda called her over.

Hermione smiled widely and approached the older lady. "Thank goodness, I'm driving myself crazy with nerves."

Gilda wanted the ground to open up and swallow her, this girl was so polite and innocent, she knew that the prince would have taken to her. "I'm afraid that prince Harry, has decided against proceeding with the, Eradication of oppressive pro-pureblooded laws, project."

Hermione felt her heart fall to the floor. "But there must be some mistake, my project was chosen by-"

"I'm afraid that there is no mistake," Gilda cut her off unwillingly. She wanted to make this as painless as possible, but just as she expected from the intelligent girl in front of her, the girl was trying to fight for her promised chance.

"If he would just see me for five minutes," Hermione said desperately. "That's all I'm asking-"

"Miss Granger," Gilda interrupted her softly. "There is nothing I can do, his highness has asked that you leave now, or he will have you removed by force if necessary. I'm sorry."

End of flashback

****

Harry knew that any minute now he would throw up. That bastard, Peter Pettigrew, was responsible for Hermione, hating him. It all made complete sense. Peter had told him that Miss Granger, Hermione, had never shown up for her meeting with him, that she probably had second thoughts and that she had made no attempt to let the palace know why she didn't attend. A year after the incident, Peter Pettigrew, who was supposed to be a close friend of James and Lily, was found guilty of treason to the King and Queen, and banished from the Gryffindor kingdom. He was ordered never to return.

Harry now wished his parents had killed him, he knew that's what he wanted to do now. Pettigrew tried to make it possible for Death eaters to infiltrate the palace, all part of a process to bring back the Dark lord. After he was banished all of his actions were investigated, including his threats to Gilda. He told her that she would meet a certain death if she ever disclosed any of the wrong doing she knew he was responsible for to the Royal family, including that of the situation involving Miss Granger. The poor woman was distraught, and forgiven by the Royals seeing as how she had no choice but to protect herself, and her family.

He knew that letters from The Gryffindor Council had been sent to the girl, who he now knew was Hermione, to inform her that her project was still on his agenda, but they all returned unopened. The damage was done, and she had found herself another career to concentrate on. Peter was the reason he never met Hermione, when he was younger. Harry immediately started to think about what could've happened had they met that day. Would they have gotten along? He was sure they would have. Would they have fallen in love? He was certainly falling in love with her now. Harry took a deep breath to try and calm himself, he had no time to dwell on the past, but this newfound information made things a hell of lot more complicated than they already were.

He had to get out of there. Going into the kitchen he found Samantha and Hermione in conversation.

"Hermione," he interrupted them quietly.

"Yes," she said turning to him.

"I must go."

"Is something wrong, James?" she asked worried.

"No, no," he replied convincingly. "I just remembered that I have to do something, but I'll see you at work later."

Samantha decided to leave them alone. She started to leave, then patted his arm gently. "See you soon, James."

When they were alone Hermione walked up to him. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine," he smiled, then leaned in to kiss her gently. Hermione responded for a few moments, then broke away to hug him lovingly.

"I'll definitely see you later?" she asked.

"I promise," he said, taking in her scent while nuzzling her neck. Harry pulled away and pecked her lips once more. "See you tonight."

He soon left, leaving Hermione totally confused.

****

I realise that some of this chapter does not mirror the exact events in the movie, but this story is 'based' on the film. I think its good to have some original content in anything you read. Also, a big thanks to all who read and especially review. Your time is priceless so thanks so much for using some of it to tell me what you think. You help to no end. For those of you who read it, another chapter of JOMT should be soon, I experienced a little writers block for that story, but I'm back on track. Please review!!! Bye for now. xxx