Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming To Salem by HarryandHermionesLoveChild
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming To Salem

HarryandHermionesLoveChild

Coming To Salem

Chapter two

****

One week later, and it was officially end of term. Hermione had just walked into 'The Black Cats Head' in Corwinside Street. A bar that she worked in to earn some extra cash when the school term ended. Her parents never liked the idea, but Hermione had told them it was vital for her to learn responsibility. It was also the condition that while she lived with Samantha, she'd pay her way. Even though the apartment was paid for and given to Samantha by the Driscoll's while their daughter finished school, Hermione was adamant to pay for her keep.

It was Friday and two hours before opening time, as Hermione walked into the back of the pub, where she knew she would find the manager in his office.

"Hi, Mitchell," Hermione announced her presence, and stood at the door of the office.

"Hermione, how you doin?" Mitchell Thomas got from his chair and embraced the witch in a hug. "Been a while since I last saw you."

Hermione pulled back and smiled. "It's been a few weeks."

"Well I missed having you around here."

"I've been working hard, Mitch," Hermione told her boss. "It is my final year next term."

"Been overdoing it then I take it," Mitchell smiled.

Hermione shook her head and grinned. "Is this why you wanted me to come in early, to make fun of my studious antics?"

Mitchell laughed. "No, of course not. As a matter of fact two new guys are starting tonight, and I was wondering if you could show them the ropes?"

"What happened to Gary and Ben?" Hermione asked curiously.

"Erm…they're in Miami," Mitchell explained raising his eyebrows. "Together."

It took a few moments to dawn on Hermione what her boss was telling her. "Oh,...I see."

"Not that I have anything against that, Hermione," Mitchell raised his hands. "They just wanted to spend some time away…alone…just for a few weeks."

"What are the new guys like?" Hermione asked sceptically. "Not delinquents are they?"

Mitchell laughed. "Not at all, Hermione."

"That's what you said about Jake and Finch, a couple of years back," Hermione pointed out. "Two days before they robbed you, I might add."

"Hey, a guy can make a mistake can't he?" Mitchell said in self defence. "Actually, these new guys are from your neck of the woods."

"What, girls?"

"No, they're from England," said Mitchell. "Which amazes me, how did you keep that English accent? Didn't you leave England when you were nine?"

"I picked up things very quick, and am loyal to my roots," said Hermione. "Anyway, enough about that. What are they like?"

"Well, one of them is very quiet but almost pleasant none the less," Mitchell spoke about one of the men. "And the other, well, he's what you girls would call…eye candy…I guess?"

"Eye candy?" Hermione repeated giggling.

"Also, he's very well spoken," Mitchell continued. "And he reminds me of someone, but I just can't put my finger on it."

"Clyde?" Hermione suggested playfully.

"Anyway," Mitchell smirked. "You are the best I have, and I trust you'll be able to make them as good."

"No problem."

"Okay, they should be here any minute, train them both behind the bar but only one of them needs to work it. The other can collect glasses," Mitchell instructed.

The bell above the entrance door chimed, indicating that the two men had arrived.

"Well, that must be them," Mitchell looked at his watch. "They're on time, good start."

Harry and Ron, had just entered the bar.

"Can't believe you're making me do this," Ron moaned. "James," he added hotly.

"Ron, we have to come across as normal hardworking individuals," Harry said exasperated. "I can be poor, but I refuse to be lazy."

"And you call yourself a prince," Ron mocked.

"Sshh!" Harry stared daggers at his friend.

"There you two are," Mitchell smiled, as he entered the bar followed by Hermione. "I'd like you both to meet your new colleague, Hermione Granger."

Harry would never be able to explain what happened, but when his eyes met the brown orbs of the girl that was behind his new boss, he decided he believed in love at first sight after all. She wasn't beautiful in the most obvious way, but in the comforting, innocent way. Her bar staff uniform looked incredible on her. A black fitted short sleeve blouse that hugged every curve, a knee high skirt that left everything to the imagination, and tights that accentuated her perfect legs. It didn't appear that she wore make up, if she did it was very little. Her hair framed her face perfectly, and the way she held herself, Harry never felt intimidated by any girl he'd ever met, until now. Ironically, she looked like a princess.

Harry finally found his voice and extended his hand. "Hello Miss, I'm, James."

"Hermione," she introduced herself and took his hand, whilst never breaking eye contact. Mitchell was right, he was certainly easy on the eyes, and he did look familiar. Hermione begrudgingly took her hand back and gave him a small smile.

"Erm…This is my friend, Ron," Harry pointed to his confidante.

"Alright," Ron muttered.

Mitchell looked between the three. "Okay, then. Hermione here is going to show you what to do, I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time. I'll leave you three alone, we open in just under two hours I suggest you get started."

"Thank you, Sir," said Harry politely.

"Please, James," his boss said. "Call me Mitchell."

Mitchell left for his office, leaving Harry, Ron and Hermione, alone.

"Mitchell said he wants one of you behind the bar tonight," Hermione said looking at Harry. "And one of you to collect glasses. Who wants to do what?"

"Collecting glasses sounds like less stress," Ron said tiredly. "I'll do that."

"Guess I'm behind the bar then," Harry smiled.

"Good, that's settled." Ron said bored. "Where's the toilet?"

"Back there," Hermione pointed behind her. "First door on the right, be sure to mind the step."

Ron left without so much as a thank you, leaving Harry and Hermione alone.

"Is he always that rude?" Hermione asked disgusted at Ron's behaviour.

"Please forgive my friend," Harry said softly. "He's just not use to…"

"Work?" Hermione guessed with a grin.

"Right," Harry grinned.

Harry was surprised to see Hermione looking deeply into his eyes, as if she was trying to find something.

"Why do you look at me that way?" Harry asked in a kind manner.

"Oh," Hermione flushed with embarrassment. "I apologize, it's just that, you remind me of someone."

"Oh," Harry said nervously. "May I ask who?"

"I don't know," Hermione said softly. "That must sound silly."

"No," Harry shook his head. "Not at all. They say everyone in the world has a twin, maybe you've seen mine."

Then she did it. She smiled. Harry swore he had never seen anything so beautiful.

"Mitchell, told me you're from England," Hermione said.

"Yes, I am," Harry confirmed. "And you are too."

"I was born in Oxford," Hermione told him. "But my parents and I moved to France when I was nine. How about you?"

"I was born in England, but I've spent some of my life in Scotland," Harry said. "My parents do own a property in London however, that I spend a lot of time at throughout the year."

Harry closed his eyes briefly at his mistake. How was he suppose to play poor, when he had just said that his parents owned a property in London?!

"Your parents must be successful whatever it is they do," Hermione said shyly.

"Yes they are," Harry said, thinking what her reaction would be if he told her they were very successful at being the King and Queen of Gryffindor. "But their success is theirs alone, not mine."

Hermione opened her mouth slightly shocked, did this man actually think of achievements and wealth the same way she did? It was obvious the way he spoke and conducted himself that he wasn't dragged up. He was very pleasant, and his manners were impeccable.

"May I enquire, as to which school you went to?" Harry asked.

"I went to Beauxbatons," Hermione replied. "Originally my name was down for Hogwarts, but that all changed when we moved to France."

"I went to Hogwarts," Harry told her excitedly.

"You did?" Hermione asked with equal excitement. "Oh, what was it like? If there is one thing I could have done in life it would have been to go there, I was terribly disappointed when I learned I had to go to Beauxbatons."

"It was among some of the best times I had ever experienced," Harry answered honestly. "Time flew when I was at Hogwarts, it's a shame students only get to spend five years there."

"Unless of course you're a teacher," Hermione smiled. "You could stay as long as you liked."

"Maybe, I should become a teacher," Harry said smiling back.

Harry was trying his best to flirt with this girl, he just hoped she noticed. He had never had much success with girls. He was actually quite shy, the girls that usually swarmed around him were girls who wanted either fame, fortune, or a HRH title. He needed to know his Princess loved him for him, and wanted to take care of him like he would take care of her. He wanted his wife to be his best friend.

It was something that his Father and Mother didn't seem to understand. He wasn't asking for much, was he?

"It's actually what I'm studying to be," Hermione said shyly.

"You are?" Harry asked gently. "Need I three guesses, as to where you would like to teach?"

"I don't think you would," Hermione told him still smiling, obviously flirting back.

Ron reappeared with his hands on his hips. "Well, where do we start?"

"You guy's ever pulled a pint before?" Hermione asked with a smile.

****

Harry placed the glass of beer, or fizz as it were, on to the bar. He didn't say anything, but instead chose to look at Hermione's face for the answer to the question that he didn't need to ask. He could not pull a pint.

Hermione covered her mouth with her hand, to hide the huge smile that was forming. This James was being incredibly cute, he clearly had no experience in bar work.

"It's ok," Harry said, knowing she was desperate to make fun of the drink he had just put on the bar. "You can laugh."

Hermione began to giggle, which eventually lead to full fledged laughter. He would have laughed too, if he wasn't so mesmerised by the beauty in front of him. Her laugh had his heart beating a mile a minute.

"Would it help if I put a flake in it?" Harry joked, which caused Hermione to laugh longer.

Ron also began to laugh, which made Harry give him a funny look. "Don't know what you're laughing at, yours didn't exactly look like an amber nectar."

"Face it, James," Ron threw an arm around his friend. "We're just not cut out for this sort of thing."

Hermione's laughing subsided, and she wiped some tears from her eyes. "I beg to differ, just because you fail at something the first time you try, does not mean that you'll never get the hang of it."

Harry couldn't help but become more and more attracted to this woman. "You never give up on anything it sounds."

"Right," Hermione confirmed. "So I wont give up on either of you."

Harry pointed to the pint the he had poured. "It's starting to settle."

"Hmm," Hermione mused. "Now if only we could get our customers to wait twenty minutes before starting to drink their beverages, you guys would be ideal for the job."

Hermione took a glass into her hand, and tilted it under the beer tap.

"Watch closely," she ordered gently.

Hermione began to fill the glass with beer, tipping the glass the right way up as the beer made its way to the top.

"That's all there is to it," she said, placing the perfect pint on the bar.

Harry still looked sceptical. "All there is to it?"

"Try again," Hermione smiled holding an empty glass up for him. "C'mon I'll help you."

Harry took the glass from her hand, placed it tilted under the tap and started to pour. He was amazed to see that it hadn't started to froth up like it had before, he was improving already.

"Now slowly start to turn it upright," Hermione advised him.

Harry did as advised, but did it too quickly for Hermione's liking, suddenly her hand was covering his and guiding it slowly.

Harry felt a jolt of electricity go through his veins, and he swiftly turned his head so that he could meet her eyes. She was looking at him with the same intensity.

"Not too fast," she said softly, not once breaking eye contact with him.

Ron who was observing the entire scene from the side of them rolled his eyes and snorted.

"It's not supposed to overflow either," he said, his voice managing to make them tear their eyes away from each other.

Harry and Hermione both looked at him confused, Ron simply nodded his head toward the glass in their hands which had begun to overflow.

The pair looked down and stepped backwards sharply.

"Oh, god," Hermione shrieked, frantically shaking her hands that now had beer covering them.

"I'm so sorry," Harry said desperately, while looking around for something to dry their hands off with.

"Don't be silly," Hermione told him looking for a towel. "It was my fault, I shouldn't have broke your concentration."

"You certainly did that," Harry said quietly with a smile. He hadn't intended her to hear, but she had.

"Sorry?" Hermione stilled and looked at him, once again losing herself in his eyes.

Harry opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

Ron smirked, and picked up the towel that was near him on the bar.

"Oh here you go, James." Ron threw the towel hard in Harry's face.

Harry gave his friend a deadly glare.

"Thank you, Ron," he said tightly, before turning his attentions back to Hermione, who was clearly getting embarrassed.

Without thinking, Harry started to dry her hands off with the towel Ron, had just thrown at him.

"I am sorry," he said, stopping his actions. "You don't need me to do that for you."

Harry put his hands by his side and smiled nervously at her.

"I, umm," Hermione flustered, drying her hands on the towel. "I'm going to…go wash my hands, they'll just be sticky otherwise."

Hermione smiled up at him, put the towel on the bar and started to walk away. She suddenly turned back, and pointed to the beer tap.

"I don't think you need me to show you anymore," she said still smiling at him. "You seem to have got the hang of it, and you'll get better the more you do it."

"Thanks, Hermione." Harry said.

"You're welcome, James." Hermione grinned, and left to go wash her hands.

As soon as Hermione was out of sight, Harry picked up the towel from the bar and threw it in Ron's face.

"OW!" Ron yelped. "Touchy git!"

Harry let his head fall against the beer tap. "Ouch."

Ron stood closer to his friend. "What is it pal?"

"On a scale of one to ten, just how stupid have I been acting since I met Hermione, what an hour ago?" Harry asked in distress.

Ron cocked his head from side to side. "Umm, I'd say a solid eight."

Harry banged his head against the tap again.

"C'mon Harr-…I mean, James," Ron said cheerfully. "She was acting just as goofy as you were, she likes you, trust me."

"Do you really think so?" Harry asked lifting his head up.

"It's obvious, I'm telling you." Ron assured his friend.

"She seems lovely, doesn't she?" Harry asked, his face lighting up at the mere thought of the young woman he had just met.

"Lovely," Ron agreed.

Even though Ron was quite rude towards Hermione when they met, he actually understood why his friend was taken with her. Ron had always been protective of Harry, especially when it came to girls. He just didn't want some leech moving in on his friend, when all they wanted to know was the size of his bank account. Harry deserved better than that, he wanted some one to love 'him', not his title. He knew that Hermione didn't know who Harry really was, she knew him as James, but he was set in his ways when it came to girls interested in his friends, his rudeness towards them had just become a natural reaction.

It wasn't that he didn't like Hermione, far from it in fact. She wasn't attractive in the most obvious way, but she wasn't hard on the eye by any means. She also had a kindness about her that he knew Harry would've picked up on straight away. It was in the way she spoke, and conducted herself. Even though they had just met, Ron, as was Harry, was always a good judge of character. On first impressions, he thought of Hermione as a good egg. When it came to girls interested in Harry Potter, he was rarely wrong.

Hermione came back into the bar, and walked over to two men. "So I'm assuming your taking the glass collecting responsibility then Ron?"

"Might as well," Ron said patting Harry on the back. "James here seems to have the art of pint pulling mastered."

Hermione looked at Harry and grinned. "You'll be behind the bar with me then."

"Ok," Harry smiled.

"Ok," Hermione blew out a breath. "Well I have to go change the barrels, wont be long."

Harry's voice stopped her. "Would you like some help?"

"That's very good of you, thanks," Hermione beamed. She then pointed to some ashtrays that were stacked at the end of the bar. "Ron, could you distribute those on to the tables please?"

"Yeah, sure," Ron nodded.

Hermione turned on her heel, and headed for the cellar with Harry following.

Before Harry went through the door that lead to the cellar, he stopped and turned to Ron, who immediately winked at him and gave him a thumbs up.

Harry smiled confidently, and let the cellar door close slowly behind him.

****

"So, how long have you been a waitress?" Harry asked Hermione, whilst levitating some empty barrels to the other side of the cellar.

"Not far off a year," Hermione replied, as she knelt down and began connecting the pipes to the new barrels. "Its just something I do to earn some cash while school is out, and on occasions when Mitchell needs an extra pair of hands."

"Do you enjoy it?"

"I enjoy being independent," Hermione answered simply.

Harry smiled at her evasiveness. "It's a good thing that women have the option to be these days."

"Tell that to Sam," Hermione immediately thought of Samantha, and grinned. Her friend was the most non-independent woman in the world.

Harry stilled, "Who the hell is Sam?!" he thought. "Well of course she has a boyfriend you idiot, she's gorgeous, sweet, and to top it off likes to stand on her own two feet! I'm screwed!"

"Sam," Harry said. "He's your…boyfriend?"

"She, is my roommate," Hermione corrected him with a grin. "Samantha."

Harry felt a wave of relief go through him.

"I don't have a boyfriend," Hermione added shyly.

Harry's stomach began doing flips. Hermione didn't haven't a boyfriend, which meant he was in with at least half a chance.

"Do forgive me for being presumptuous," Harry said softly.

"You're forgiven, James," Hermione stood up, and wiped some dust from her hands that come from the new barrel. "All done."

"Anything else I can do for you?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, throw me on the floor and climb on top of me," Hermione's eyes widened at the naughty thought that had just passed through her mind. She didn't know what was going on, she never had any guy effect her like the one in front of her was doing right now. She was acting more like Samantha. "Oh god!"

"Hermione, are you alright?" Harry asked, concerned at her flushed face.

"Yes," Hermione squeaked. "Sorry James, spaced out there for a minute."

"That happens to me quite a lot," Harry said, trying to make her feel less embarrassed.

"Well, that makes me feel much better," Hermione laughed.

"Good," Harry said softly.

They didn't notice how it had happened, but they had slowly edged closer to each other, and were caught in another gazing fest, one that was interrupted by Mitchell.

"Ahem," Mitchell coughed, and smirked at the speed Harry and Hermione jumped apart. "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

"No of course not," Hermione replied, her face going red.

"All the barrels connected?" Mitchell asked.

"Yeah," Hermione told him. "James, was just giving me a hand."

"I'm sure he was," Mitchell grinned. "Doors open in 20 guys."

Mitchell walked up the stairs in the cellar, leaving Harry and Hermione alone.

"Ron's probably wondering where we are," Hermione broke the silence.

"He doesn't notice that much," Harry joked, trying to break the tension that had suddenly surrounded them.

Harry was happy to see it worked when Hermione giggled. "Even so, we open soon so we should get back upstairs."

Harry nodded, stepped back, and raised an arm in the direction of the stairs. "After you."

"Thank you," Hermione said sweetly, before climbing the stairs with Harry following behind.

****

Harry looked at the clock on the wall opposite the bar, and was relieved to see that they were only open for another ten minutes. His shift had gone quite well considering it was his first. Harry was a pretty fast learner and it showed, of course Hermione was helping him every step of the way for which he was thankful.

Ron was quite happy with the role of glass collector, he didn't have much responsibility at all, just how he liked it.

Harry and Hermione had managed to share a joke and chat from time to time during their shift, seeing as how it never really got too busy. It was Friday night, and most people were still recovering from their shifts at work, Saturday night was when it got really busy.

As the last patron left the pub, Hermione went to close and bolt the door behind them. Walking back over to the bar, Hermione plonked herself on one of the stools opposite Harry.

"So, how did you think your first shift went?" she asked.

"I'm absolutely knackered!" Ron said yawning. "Seemed to drag on forever towards the end."

Harry looked at Hermione and rolled his eyes, his friend had no idea what work was.

"Yeah, a five hour shift is real gruelling," Hermione said sarcastically.

Harry smiled at her comment and couldn't resist joining in. "Especially when he spent two of those hours sat on his backside reading 'Quidditch Weekly'.

"I don't have to listen to this," Ron said flatly. "I have a girlfriend back home for that."

Ron started to put on his coat, earning a disbelieving look from his friend. "What?"

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"Home," Ron replied as if it was obvious. "You coming?"

"We need to help Hermione clean this place up," Harry told him.

"That wasn't in the job description," Ron pointed out.

"Ron…" Harry was about to scold his friend, but Hermione interrupted him.

"Its no problem, James, really, " Hermione said softly. "I can take care of it, I'm used to it."

"There you go then," Ron said. "Problem solved."

"That's not the point Hermione," Harry ignored Ron's comment. "It's a matter of decency, and the fact that sometimes my friend has none."

"I resent that," Ron said not really that bothered.

"So do I," Harry glared at his friend. "Why don't you go home and go to sleep seeing as you're so tired, and I shall stay and help Hermione.

"That's really not necessary, James," Hermione said.

"Yes, it is." Harry smiled at her.

Ron zipped up his coat. "Works for me, see you tomorrow, Hermione." Giving Harry a sly wink, Ron left the pub leaving Harry and Hermione alone once again.

After a few moments of silence, Harry found the courage to speak.

"So…" Harry said.

"So…" Hermione repeated.

Now that they were alone, they both felt suddenly nervous.

"Thank you for staying behind to help," Hermione said gratefully. "It's very good of you to do so, I can imagine that there are better things you could be doing."

"Like what?" Harry asked with a grin.

"Oh come on," Hermione laughed. "You're young, shouldn't you and Ron be going out clubbing or something?"

"Clubbing?" Harry echoed. "I'm afraid I'm not really familiar with that kind of socialising."

"You've never been to a dance club?" Hermione asked surprised.

"No, never," Harry answered honestly. "Although Ron has tried to get me to accompany him once or twice. Is it something you enjoy doing?"

"Not really," Hermione said, tying her hair back. "I've been a few times, mostly to get my friend Samantha off my back."

"She gives you hard time, eh?" Harry said knowingly. "Boy does that sound familiar."

Harry had exactly the same problem with Ron.

"She means well," Hermione smiled at the thought of her friend. "Samantha can just be a little pushy at times. She thinks I don't make enough time for myself to have fun, or to 'let loose' as she would call it."

"And do you?" Harry asked, while looking deeply in to her eyes.

"Do what?" Hermione breathed.

"Make enough time for yourself?" Harry questioned gently.

"I think I do," Hermione answered. "Its just that Samantha's idea of fun is somewhat different to mine, although she's never came out and said to my face, I'm sure she thinks I'm rather boring at times."

By the look on Hermione's face, the thought that her friend found her boring obviously niggled at her.

"How long have you known Samantha?"

"Since I was Twelve," Hermione replied with a smile. "She was eleven when I met her, I'm was the eldest in the my year."

Harry was good with maths, but he knew never to ask a lady her age. To figure out how long the two women had known each other, he would have to know how old Hermione was now.

"How old is…your friend now?" Harry asked carefully.

Hermione smiled at his diplomacy. "She's twenty-one."

"Ten years is a long time, Hermione," Harry pointed out. "If I may say so, I would find it to be highly illogical, for someone to be friends with another for so long if they found them to be boring."

"Thank you," Hermione said gratefully.

Hermione could not believe how polite and charming this man was being with her. When it came to the opposite sex, Hermione was always on her guard. She had never really had a real relationship, sure she had been on a few dates but none of them ever amounted to anything. Samantha was always pestering her to go out more and meet guys, but Hermione was having none of it, her career came first and that was the way it was going to stay. Next term was going to be her final year of school, after that she would graduate and become a teacher. Her dream would be complete.

No matter how many times Samantha tried to get through to her, Hermione wouldn't budge on her outlook on life, prioritizing was key and that was final. And for that reason, romance was the last thing on her mind right now.

Not once had a man made her heart pound, or make her legs go to jelly. Until she met, James.

Mitchell walked in to find Harry and Hermione sitting at the bar talking. "Okay you guys, I've done all the books so I'm gonna be taking off. How did our new boy do here tonight Hermione?"

"I think you've found a keeper Mitch," Hermione her boss.

Mitchell nodded, and then looked at Harry. "So I'll see you tomorrow night?"

"You will," Harry confirmed.

"Hey where's the other dude?" Mitchell said looking around for Ron.

"Oh, he went home," Hermione said. "James, offered to stay here and help me clean up."

Mitchell looked at Harry surprised. "Well, I guess there's a first time for everything. Hermione, I know I say this every time, and I know you have never let me down, but…"

"Don't forget to lock up," Hermione finished for him. "Consider it done."

"What would I do without you?" Mitchell asked in wonder.

"Porbably have to work the bar yourself," Hermione joked.

Mitchell smiled. He was very lucky to have an employee like Hermione, she never let him down and he was sure she never would. "I have to go, you two help yourself to anything you want, and I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Mitch," Hermione followed her boss started as he started to leave.

"Yeah, bye," Harry waved too.

Hermione bolted the closed door, and walked back over to where Harry was sitting. "Fancy a drink?" she asked, before walking behind the bar.

Harry swivelled round on his bar stool to face Hermione. "What do you recommend?"

Hermione leaned on the bar across from him and got closer. "What do you fancy?"

"You!" Harry thought. "I'd hoped that would be obvious by now!"

"Beer will be fine," Harry squeaked.

Hermione nodded and smiled. "Think I might join you."

****

They had been talking for hours, and there was no sign of their chat stopping anytime soon. Harry and Hermione were talking about everything and anything, and neither showed signs of becoming tired. They had both had a bit to drink, which had gave them both some courage to lower their inhibitions, and be less shy around one another.

"Sounds like you had some good times at Beauxbatons, Hermione," Harry said before taking another swig of his beer. Even though he was a little tipsy, he still managed to keep his composure and remain alert.

"Yeah," Hermione said after some thought. "I suppose if I hadn't gone there I never would have met Samantha."

"Well, there you go," Harry said. "Everything happens for a reason, but I believe you would have met eventually, even if you didn't go to Beauxbatons."

Hermione smiled and glanced at her drink on the bar. "James?"

"Yes."

"You can tell me to mind my own business if you want," Hermione said before glancing at him, she seemed to be nervous about something. "I know that people, when they find out you went to Hogwarts must ask you this all the time."

"Hermione," Harry said gently. "You can ask me anything you'd like."

"Have you…you know…met him?" she asked softly.

"I'm sorry, Hermione, have I met…who?" Harry genuinely did not know who she was talking about.

Hermione began to giggle. "Oh come on, James."

"Hermione, really, I have know idea who you are talking about," Harry said confused.

"I'm talking about 'gods gift to women' himself," Hermione laughed, dropping another hint.

Harry couldn't do anything but shake his head and smile at her, he was still none the wiser.

Hermione clapped her hands together, she found this was turning into a fun game. "James, really, how many classes could you have been in, where the teacher says to the boy in the back of the classroom with his hand up, yes your majesty?!"

The smile on Harry's face dropped, and he suddenly felt his heart rate double. He now knew exactly who she was talking about, and making fun of for that matter. It was him.

****

Sorry it took so long for the update, I originally wanted this chapter to be longer. I have had a family problem lately that has been taking up much of my time, so I am in no position to tell you when the next chapter of this, or of JOMT shall be up. I apologize for this profoundly. I am doing my best, and I'm writing every spare moment I get, which hasn't been often lately. Please bear with me, I have no intentions of forgetting or abandoning my stories, so don't worry those of you who enjoy them.

Please read and review, I love your thoughts, and rest assured the next chapter will be up as soon as possible.

Bye for now. XXX