Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Day Without Rain by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Day Without Rain

gypsybaby21

Chapter Eleven: Do I Have To Say The Words

"Gracie? Where's Grace?" Ron asked frantically as he ran up and down the stairs.

"RON, you lost her?" Ginny cried from behind the bathroom door.

He cautiously cleared his throat and straightened his shirt "I didn't lose her per se."

"Draco!" Ginny hollered from the bathtub, a grunt escaping. "Ron, you're giving me a headache, please desist in what you are doing!" Ginny growled, sounds of angry hands slapping the water.

"Oh, big word Gin, surprise, surprise," Ron, growled.

"Please don't annoy her," Draco's voice came inside the bathroom.

"Shut-up ferret," and as if just realizing Ron ran to the door, " Hey-hey what are you doing in there with her? GET OUT, get out I say," Ron yelled pounding viciously on the door.

A squeal of happy child laughter came from the kitchen nearly making Ron keel over with relief. "If you aren't out of there in three minutes I'm coming in to haul your arse out."

He leapt down the stairs once again, dodging a footstool, and tripping over the magically moving crocheting needles instead.

"Blasted things," Ron muttered, rudely slapping his hands on the floor, and lifting himself up swiftly, sliding into the kitchen, once again slipping on an unknown slippery substance.

"Gracie," he breathed out in relief as he saw her doused in chocolate sauce and powdered sugar.

"Uncle Ron come and taste my chocolate sauce brownies," Grace said trying to suppress a giggle.

Ron glanced down at the red creatures on the floor. Half rat, half rabbit of a creature scampering around with the other identical one; Ron could only assume.

"No thanks love," he grinned patting her on the head. "Give one to your mum and dad though, they'll love it."

Grace's eyes widened with the new found idea. "That's a brilliant idea. So, when do you think Uncle Fred and Uncle George will turn back into themselves?" Her eyes suddenly filled with fear and dread. "Oh no, perhaps they will be upset with me. After all they were the ones that were helping me make the brownies. Only, we were making ones that we could actually eat, but I accidentally dropped a bit of the transmation juice in the mixture."

Ron frowned. "Do you mean 'Transformation juice'?"

Grace nodded. "That's what I said."

"They won't be mad, it's actually about time they got a dose of their own medicine and from a child no less," Ron snorted, directing the last statement towards the rodents on the floor.

They snapped at him, causing Ron to jump back. Grace wailed with laughter just as Draco walked in.

"What's so funny?" he asked smiling down softly at his daughter.

His gaze shifted as he caught a glimpse of something red moving on the floor. Draco screamed.

Grace jolted in shock at her father, her eyes widening. She hiccupped. "What's wrong Daddy?"

Draco yanked Grace up into his arms and jumped onto kitchen table with one swift movement. "I hate rats," he shuddered.

Grace laughed once again and tightened her arms around her fathers' neck, hugging him tightly.

****

"Now you have to drink it," Draco spoke softly as he wrapped a white towel around her.

Ginny shivered at the look in Draco's eyes.

"Cold?" Draco asked rubbing his hands up and down her arms.

Ginny shook her head. "No. I love the way you look at me, like I'm the only one in the world. Your eyes so intense, so beautiful."

Draco grinned and captured her lips, nibbling gently at her full bottom one. "I love you, now lets get this over with."

Ginny smiled dazedly. "Mm," she hummed and reached for the flask, scowling at the contents and then bringing it to her lips. Swiftly she swallowed it cringing as the slimly liquid slid it's way down her throat.

A loud banging sounded down in the kitchen.

"Gracie, what's wrong?" Draco and Ginny heard Ron scream.

Hermione came bursting in, her eyes wide with fear. "Wait!"

Draco lifted his head. "What Granger?"

Ginny gasped and shut her eyes as her vision blurred. "Do you see that?"

"See what?" Draco asked concern filling his voice.

Hermione's eyes looked frightened and sad. "She's gonna forget."

Draco lifted his eyes. "What?"

"Ginny's going to forget everything that led up to having Grace."

"Which means?"

"All she'll remember about you is that she hates you."

"WHAT?" Ginny cried out. "No! No! I won't forget! I won't," Ginny sobbed, turning and clutching Draco to her. "I won't."

"You will Gin, and-"

Ginny shook her head. "No! Just no! I won't forget, I won't ever forget."

"Ginny," Draco's voice cracked, but before she could respond a blinding light filled the room.

"It's so beautiful. It-it looks like fairy dust, green and blue-so beautiful," Ginny whispered.

A swift whip of unknown air swept through the room snapping into to Ginny, she gasped, a smile forming across her face as she clutched her stomach tenderly. She lifted her eyes up, tears forming, smiling happily at the ceiling.

"Oh Draco, it's so wonderful," Ginny whispered as she dropped to the floor.

"Ginny? GINNY!" Draco yelled dropping instantly to her knees.

He calmed instantly as he felt her pulse thumbing. She looked as if she were sleeping. Draco felt his heart clench and he bent down to drop a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm okay. I can feel her inside of me. She's so warm. I can't believe she was here, then she was blue, in air…like fairy dust…and then me," Ginny grinned looking as if she was in a haze. "It's so wonderful!"

Pounding feet sounded through the hall, heading towards Ginny's room. Within seconds Ron, Fred, and George were leaping inside, worried looks on their faces.

"Did it work?" Ron asked frantically.

Draco lifted his head up and sneered at him. "Did it work?" he mimicked rudely.

Ginny laughed hoarsely and raised a finger to Draco's lip. "Be nice, I won't forget Draco, I promise," she whispered and shut her eyes.

"Oh Merlin, she's dead," Ron's voice cracked.

Draco shook his head in disgust and sneered. "She's not dead you half wit, she's going to be sleeping."

Ron glared at him and walked out of the room.

****

"One of these days I'm going to-" Ron growled punching the table then sucking in his breath, jerking his hand back and shaking it. "Damn."

"You aren't going to be doing anything," George said smacking his little brother in the back of the head.

"Shut-up, did you hear that?" Fred asked.

"You're hearing things man!" George snorted smacking Fred heartily on the back.

"Draco, I can't do this anymore," Ginny's voice came through the living room.

"Now I know you heard that!"

"What? No Gin, everything's okay, we made it through this already."

"Draco, just stop it!"

Draco shook his head cupping her cheeks. "But Gin-"

"No Draco, I can't. This-this can't go on."

"GRANGER!" Draco screamed.

"What?" Hermione came running.

"I thought you said she was supposed to forget everything?"

A knock sounded on the front door. Ron, who was in a bit of shock and had been straining to hear what was being said, turned around to see Lucius Malfoy at the door.

"What's going on?" Molly cried out frantically as Draco and Ginny's voices rose throughout the house.

"I just found out some interesting news," Lucius snarled evilly, an amused look forming over his face.

Hermione frowned. "I think I might have read the information wrong. Maybe she was just supposed to forget Gracie."

"I'll say!" Draco snapped before turning to Ginny. "But you're having my baby. Don't you remember Gracie? Ginny you're under the effects of the potion. You have to remember Gracie and what we had for that little bit of time. Don't you remember? We had sorted out through the problems. Your family has accepted everything…kind of," Draco's voice became frantic as he glanced around the room filled with Weasley's and his father. "Why didn't you tell me this would happen?" he growled viciously at his father.

"I didn't know about this until a bit ago," Lucius stated.

"But you did-"

"Not about this one, the one I knew about was that you wouldn't be able to make love until she had Grace. I thought that was rather ironic, funny too," Lucius smirked, "but this, this is even better. Having your love torn apart once again."

Draco bared his teeth and dropped to his knees in front of her. With tears in his eyes he turned a glare to his father. "Why do you hate me so much? What did I do?" Not giving his father time to respond, he brought himself to eye level with Ginny he lifted his hand to her cheek. "Ginny, I need you, you're my life, my soul! Don't let them succeed-don't let them get what they had wanted from the start! We're meant for each other! Do I have to shout it out to you? Do I have to say the words to prove to you that we were made for each other? I have never been sure of anything in my life until you. I'm sure of you. I want to keep you forever you're mine! I won't let you leave me!"

"You're going to stop me?"

"If I have to!"

"It'll never work. Don't you get it?"

"We'll make it work. Ginny, if you leave me, I'll die!"

"Oh Draco!" Ginny cried bowing her head. "It's-"

Draco shook his head and placed a finger against her lips. "Shh, don't say it," he then looked towards Mr. Weasley. "Isn't there anything we can do to make her remember that we already went through this?" he asked softly.

"I'm afraid there isn't," Arthur sighed heavily.

"That's not entirely true," Lucius informed.

Draco lifted his head up and stared at his father. "Are you saying you'll help us again?"

Lucius sighed heavily and produced a black spell book. "Not for you, for my grandchild."

To Be Continued…

Used line from Angel-

"I won't ever forget," conversation is what was used.