Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Day Without Rain by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Day Without Rain

gypsybaby21

I made an exception for the song lyrics on this chapter. It's by Enya-one of my favorites.

Chapter Four: Wild Child

Ever close your eyes.
Ever stop and listen.
Ever feel alive.
And you've nothing missing.
You don't need a reason
Let the day go on and on.

Let the rainfall down.
Everywhere around you
Give into it now.
Let the day surround you
You don't need a reason
Let the rain go on and on

What a day, what a day to take to
What a way, what a way to make it through.
What a day, what a day to take to a wild child

Only take the time.
From the helter skelter.
Every day you find.
Everything's in kilter.
You don't need a reason.
Let the day go on and on

Every summer sun,
Every winter evening.
Every spring to come
Every autumn leaving.
You don't need a reason
Let it all go on and on.

What a day, what a day to take to.
What a way, what a way to make it through
What a day, what a day to take to a wild child.
What a day, what a day to take to.
What a way, what a way to make it through.
What a day, what a day to take to a wild child.

What a day, what a day to take to.
What a way, what a way to make it through.
What a day, what a day to take to.
Da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da
What a way, what a way to make it through
Da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da
Da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da
What a way, what a way to make it through
What a day, what a day to take to a wild child
What a day, what a day to take to a wild child

Molly's stomach hurt as she walked up to her daughters' bedroom the next morning. She gently rapped on the door and pushed it open to see her Ginny curled up in a ball, sleeping, with a tear streaked face. Molly glided towards her bed and gently sat next to Ginny's waist, slowly trailing her fingertips along the side of her daughters face. She was having second thoughts. The guilt of what they had planned to do was definitely taking its toll. It wasn't the best idea. Molly glanced down at the forgetting potion that she had poured into a cup. If she didn't do this-it would be one heartache after another, this needed to be done. "Baby?"

Ginny's eyes popped open. Her gaze made focus and the minute she caught the sadness on her mothers' face, reality set in. Tears spilled over onto her cheeks. "I really miss him."

Molly's heart filled with lead. She didn't want her daughter pining after someone that had been their enemy for so long. "Drink this sweetie. It'll make you feel better."

Ginny reached for the cup and slowly brought it to her lips, tipping it back. She cringed as the contents hit her tongue. "This is gross!"

"It's suppose to make you feel better…of course it's going to be 'gross'. When have you ever tasted medicine that was good?" Molly grinned stroking her daughters' cheek.

Ginny gave a small smile. "Never…except for those-"

Molly stopped her. "Okay then! I'll let that slide. Drink it all!"

Ginny sat fully up on the bed and pinched her nose with two fingers as she drained the raunchy, tangy, purple liquid down. "Ugh."

Molly watched her daughter, a twinge of worry in her eyes. The potion was supposed to work instantly and Molly prayed that Ginny would forget that horrid name.

"Ginny?"

The blood drained from Ginny's face and she clutched her head as she glanced accusingly at her mother. "Oh mummy, what did you do to me?"

Molly looked shocked. "N-nothing."

Ginny's breath accelerated, her chest rising quickly, her eyes widening as if in pain. Molly reached for her wrist and counted the pulse beats.

Ginny jerked her hand away from her mothers. "Checking my pulse? What did you do? Drug me?"

Just as Molly was about to say something Ginny gasped. "Mum, what did you do?" She managed before she collapsed against her bed with her eyes shut.

Molly felt her heart stop as she saw Ginny collapse to the bed. She leaned forward and gently padded Ginny's face. "Sweetie? Wake up-wake up, wake up," Molly demanded softly, continuously patting her face. It was after a minute of doing this that Molly became frantic, her patting being a full-blown slap in the face. "No-Ginny!" Molly gripped Ginny's shoulders and began shaking her with every bit of strength she had, and still Ginny didn't move. "Arthur! Arthur! Hurry! Arthur!"

He came bursting in slightly out of breath. His eyes were searching to see what was wrong and he paused when he saw Ginny on the bed. "What's wrong?"

"I gave her the forgetting potion and she just collapsed."

Arthur bowed his head and sighed grievingly. Molly almost gasped as she saw a tear slide down her husbands' cheek. "I-I guess they were soul mates."

"What?" Molly asked confused.

Arthur took a deep breath. "In the very fine, very small print at the bottom of the forgetting potion recipe it says if this potion is given to one of the soul mated couples that person would fall into a deep, eternal sleep, and-and would never wake up."

Molly jerked her head towards Ginny then slowly with a death glare towards her husband she stood up. "You knew and you didn't tell me? If I had known the risks of that stupid potion I would never have done it! What the-what is wrong with you that you would do this? Do you hold so much hatred for Lucius that you would put our daughter to sleep eternally-ETERNALLY?"

Arthur was crying full out now, his body shaking uncontrollably. "I-I didn't think they would be soul mates. I honestly didn't think-"

Molly smacked him in the head but stopped herself from doing something more hurtful. "That's right, you didn't think! You better find a way to fix this!" Molly warned as she walked out of her daughters' room.

"But it can't be fixed," Arthur whispered as he looked at his sleeping daughter. "There isn't a way."

Molly stopped at the entrance of the door. "Find a way," she walked away.

Arthur walked over to Ginny's bed. "I'm sorry love."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The smell of wonderfully scented flowers lingered through the air. The warm gentle glow of candles danced around her. Ginny began to lift herself up, but stopped at the weight she felt on her stomach. She shifted her eyes to see a little girl, with huge gray eyes, surrounded with charcoal black eyelashes and brows, and silvery blonde hair, glancing down at her, and smiling.

"Who are you?" Ginny asked softly.

The girl giggled and hugged Ginny tightly around the waist. She then jumped up and leapt over on of the many vanilla scented candles that were situated around Ginny's body. For a second, Ginny just laid there, listening to the gentle chirping of the birds, and sniffing the wonderful aroma of flowers, and…apple pie? She sat up.

"Apple pie?" Ginny asked.

The little girl twirled in the air smiling. "Mummy! Come on! The apple pie is ready. I want a big huge piece with vanilla ice cream and cinnamon all over it!"

Ginny lifted her eyebrows as she watched the little girl look at her. She turned to see if anyone was behind her and saw nothing. Ginny smiled curiously as the little girl ran up to her and tugged on her hand.

"Are you okay? You've been sleeping in the wild flower field for hours. I came to get you because Daddy was looking for you!" she covered her mouth in a giggle. "He was picking at the apple pie. I scolded him like you do!"

Where did the candles go? I could have sworn…

Ginny bit her lip in confusion as she felt the little girl pulling her towards a small, almost fairy tale like, cottage.

For the first time Ginny noticed the sweet salty smell of the ocean. She glanced towards the side of the cottage and gasped as the beautiful blue crystal, colored waves crashed against the rocks, next to the fairy tale cottage, that had smoke swirling out of the chimney.

"Was that there a minute ago?" Ginny asked cautiously.

The little girl glanced up and giggled. "You're acting very strange mummy! We better hurry before Daddy eats up the apple pie. I want to eat some too! Daddy says after we eat some pie we can go over the bridge for a walk."

"Bridge?" Ginny asked softly.

The little girl smiled, shook her head, and pointed behind Ginny. Ginny turned and what she saw took her breath away. It was a beautiful stone bridge, curving over a stream of water, with rows and rows of different assortments of flowers lining it, and huge trees with white, purple, and golden flower petals.

"Wow!"

"Why do you do that?" the little girl asked.

Ginny dropped her head to look at her. "What?"

"Every time you look at the bridge you look at it like it's the first time you've ever seen it. That's why Daddy said we lived here, because you love it so much. I like it too, but there aren't any kids to play with. I don't mind so much because I have you and Daddy to play with. We're going swimming tomorrow. I can't wait."

"What's your name?" Ginny asked.

The little girl rolled her eyes and yanked on Ginny's hand, pulling her towards the cottage. "Daddy's waiting."

"Daddy is my…husband?" Ginny looked nervously at the little girl.

The little girl gave Ginny a funny look and then continued to pull her through the soft grass, and towards the cottage door.

"DADDY!" the little girl yelled in delight.

Ginny lifted her eyes and gasped. The sunlight glinted off the silver, rumpled hair, the very masculine, yet lean body leaned against the door opening, a happy smile running along his lips, and there was only one person Ginny knew that could make her heart do flip flops.

Draco!

"Gracie, baby, you found her! Gin love, you have to stop falling asleep in the flowers!" Draco hollered as he galloped down the stairs towards her and cupped her face for a kiss. "I was worried," he whispered softly as he nuzzled her neck.

"Ew! Don't do that in front of me!" Grace complained.

Draco pulled away with a grin and wrapped his arm around Ginny's waist. "You'll be doing the very same thing when you're older!" as soon as he said this his face paled. "Oh no! Ginny we need to get her a chastity belt and lock her in her room."

Ginny laughed. "Oh! Gracie, your Daddy is no fun!" she sucked in a breath at how easily it had come out.

What is this? Ginny…you're going insane.

I must have hit my head on something because this is definitely a dream. Are you sure? It's not a dream. You just woke up from one in the fields.

Yeah!

Draco smirked. "I'll show you how fun I am later!" he whispered, flicking his tongue against her earlobe.

Ginny shivered, then threw her arms around his neck, and wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Whoa! What's this all about?" Draco asked holding her tightly.

Ginny pulled back, her legs resting around his hips, her arms around his neck, as she gazed into his intense, warm and loving gray eyes. "I love you."

His face softened as he leaned forward and kissed her with a grin on her lips. "I love you too."

"But you guys love me more!" Grace giggled. "Daddy pick me up too!" she hopped up and down, demanding attention.

Draco laughed as he put Ginny to one side and lifted Grace. Ginny gathered their daughter in her arms and hugged her.

"I have a daughter," Ginny whispered smelling Grace's hair.

Jasmine. She smelled of Jasmines.

"Yeah! If you want to go make a son we can let Gracie go-" he started to suggest.

Ginny gasped and covered his mouth. Draco lifted his eyebrow in amusement, but kept the challenge in his face.

"Gracie, you want a brother don't you?" he asked.

Grace's eyes lit up. "Yes and I want a baby sister, but then she'll have to have a baby brother for her own!"

Draco smirked as a blush crept up into Ginny's face. "I couldn't agree with you more. See, she's excited too!"

"You are horrible," Ginny groaned.

Draco shrugged boyishly. "Maybe, but that's how you like me!" he glanced down at how they were situated. "Neither one of you are as light as you look, you know!"

Grace and Ginny screamed in unison as he put them to the ground. Draco ran across the field and over the bridge. Ginny watched in shock as Grace raised her hands and hollered in a fit, and then ran to chase her father. Draco dodged his daughters' attempt to grab his leg and then swept her up around her waist.

"I got you first! I win!" Draco teased as he hopped backwards. He then lifted his laughing twinkling eyes to Ginny. "Gin! Come on!"

Ginny smiled. "I'm happy," she whispered and ran towards them.

Draco smiled and brushed his thumb across her face before taking her hand in his. Grace laid her head against his shoulder and smiled at Ginny.

"Mummy?"

Ginny felt her heart flutter at being called 'mummy'. "Yes Gracie?"

"Will you tell me your story again?" she asked tiredly.

"Story?" Ginny asked softly.

Gracie sighed heavily. "You know, the one about the Gryffindor and the Slytherin falling in love?"

Ginny turned her head towards Draco. "How about we listen to Daddy do it this time?"

"Okay," Grace agreed yawning.

Draco sighed and lifted his eyes towards the sky. "Well, let me see. Eight years ago…"

"Grace is seven years old?" Ginny gasped.

Draco gave Ginny a funny look and then patted her on the shoulder. "Very funny Gin! Now, Gracie, this Gryffindor was absolutely awful at riding a broom…" Draco began the story.

Ginny hummed softly to herself as her heart fluttered at the sound of his voice. She could get lost in the way he spoke. Ginny lifted her hand up and brushed a strand of hair out of Grace's face and then gently ran her thumb down her cheek. She then, dropped her head on Draco's shoulder, and walked with them down the dirt trail.

"And so after all the pain of what the Gryffindor and Slytherin went through, they decided that the bad outweighed the good and they combined their powers together, making a place only for them and their daughter. A utopia if you will, filled with wonderful smelling flowers, a beautiful fairy like cottage next to a huge blue green ocean, and a bridge that led into a magical fairy filled forest."

"And tons and tons of sweets!" Grace added.

"With tons and tons of toothpaste and floss," Ginny added.

"Ah Mummy, you ruined the story!"

"Ginny! Why'd you have to go and say 'toothpaste and floss'? You know Gracie and my stomach can't digest those words."

Ginny shook her head and grinned. "You guys are hopeless!"

"But you love us like that!" Draco and Gracie said together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron sat next to his sisters' bed and watched her.

"I can't believe Mum and Dad would give Ginny a forgetting potion!" Bill whispered as he held his sisters' hand, kneeling next to the bed.

"What if she never wakes up?" Percy questioned softly.

Fred patted his older brothers shoulder. "We can't think like that. Ginny's tough! Hell, she'd have to be, to survive George and I!"

No one smiled at Fred's dry attempt at humor. There was a soft knock on the door.

"'Ello Harry, Hermione," Charlie spoke softly.

"How are they?" Harry asked.

Charlie sighed. "Ginny's forever in a dream and Ron refuses to talk to anyone! I can understand where Ron's coming from. He was the closest to her. Best friends almost, with the occasionally loving brother sister brawl."

Hermione sauntered over to Ginny's bed and dropped to her knees. "Oh Ginny, I'm so sorry!" she whispered softly.

Harry walked over to the deep sleeping red head and gave her a sorrowful look. He then glanced at his best friend. "Ron?"

Ron didn't even flinch. His eyes continued to look at his sister. George sighed and plopped down on the ground leaning his back against the corner of the wall. Charlie leaned against the doorway, Bill was standing at the bottom of Ginny's bed, and everyone else was gathered on the floor next to the bed.

"You got the books?" Hermione asked suddenly looking up at Charlie and Percy.

"Yeah, they're over there. It's all we could find on the forgetting potion," Charlie informed.

"I highlighted the possible ingredients that could undo this," Percy dropped his head and leaned against the wall.

"Let me see what I can do," Hermione said and walked over to the desk filled with what looked like hundreds of books.

Books that trailed into the closet, filled the desk, and started gathering on the floor. A new one appeared.

"A new one came!" Hermione informed.

"What? We just thought that the locating spell for books that would make them appear found all of them. It's been hours since they dropped any!" Bill gasped. "Maybe it has new stuff in it!"

Hermione lifted the black and gold book in her hands. "If there is a cure, I'll find it!"

Ron lifted his head towards Hermione's words. "Can you promise me that?"

Fred elbowed Harry in shock. "That's the first time he's spoken in a week."

Percy sniffed. "It's only been a week since she's been under this potion, but for Ginny it's possibly only been a few days-eternity is going to be a long time."

"Well at least she won't die!" George offered. "I mean it did say in one of those books that as long as she's under the potion, she would never die. She'd be in her dream world forever."

"Maybe we should leave her there. At least she wouldn't have people trying to sway her emotions and give her forgetting potions, now will she?" Ron said with pure disgust as he glanced in the direction of his sleeping mother and father.

"That's not fair, Ron. They had their reasons," Charlie said.

"Well it wasn't fair to Ginny that they took such a dangerous step to stop her from loving Malfoy! God, I mean, as long as she was moving and laughing-I was okay with it! If anyone should have done something like this it should have been me! I'm the hotheaded one that hates Draco Malfoy, but then would you look at that, our parents have done changed bodies with me because I saw how much she loved that stupid ferret! I accepted it! If I could except it why couldn't they?" Ron yelled furiously.

"Ron lower your voice!" Bill said placing a warning hand on Ron's shoulder. "They were scared they were losing their little girl to a families son that knew nothing of love. They feared she would be corrupted by their evil ways and they didn't want their sunshine to fade out! Don't you get it?"

"You're sticking up for them?" George asked furiously. "They had no right to-"

"George, say you had a daughter that you loved, that you'd give your life up for, and you found out she was having relations with your worst enemy, with a killer, with a follower of-"

"Stop!" George held up his hand. "I get it, but they should have thought it out more."

"I agree with you, but you really don't think things out to the fullest when your only daughter of seven children is sleeping with the enemy," Charlie said.

"Maybe we should leave her in the dream world," Bill sighed out. "At least she'd be happy."

Charlie glared at Bill. "It's not real! Dreams can turn bad and we would have no sign of that. We don't know if she's happy, she could be, but that happiness could turn into pain, everlasting pain and we would never know. There has to be a way to get her out of it. I refuse to let stay in there."

"I agree with Charlie. Dreams aren't always good," Hermione spoke up. "Now would you all please either leave or be quiet so I can research!"

Ron scooted his chair closer to Ginny's bed and held her hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Isn't it funny how our story is her favorite?" Draco whispered to Ginny as he helped her put pajamas on a sleeping Grace.

"Yeah!" Ginny smiled. "I wish I could have frozen time when she fell asleep on you and it was just the three of us walking down that trail. It was perfect."

Draco tucked Grace into bed and pulled Ginny out of their daughters' room. He then pulled her into his arms and kissed her gently on the lips. "You and Gracie will always be mine, you know," he whispered.

Ginny bit her lip as she slid her hands into his back pockets pushing him to her. "Always! Now, about making that little boy…" she grinned devilishly as she pulled her hands from his pockets and went around the front to unbutton his pants and slide her hands down.

Draco clutched her hair and growled. His eyes darkened with love and passion within the matter of seconds. "Oh, Ginny, I love you!" he gasped jerking his hips as her hands wrapped around him.

He pushed her up against the wall. His breath accelerating. Ginny watched as pleasure etched out on his face, his eyes shut, and his teeth clenched. He dropped his head to the wall on the side of her neck. "Oh baby, I know we agreed not to use magic, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I feel like I haven't had you in months!"

They went, magically, from the hallway into what Ginny assumed to be their room. It was dark, but the glow of the moon, and the glinting of it on the waves that was coming through their window was enough to give the room a dull silver glow.

Draco frantically pulled her shirt over her had, while Ginny just at wildly yanked his pants down. He jerked his shirt off quickly and pulled her to his body. Ginny gasped at his frantic speed as he ripped her pants down her legs, shredding them to pieces.

"I need you Gin."

"You really are acting like you've gone months without having me."

He grinned against her lips. "When in fact we just made love last night. I can't get enough of you Gin. You're my heaven!" he whispered lovingly.

Ginny smiled as her eyes watered and wrapped her arms around his neck. Draco, slower, calmer, swept her up in his arms and laid her on the silk covered bed, both naked, both filled with an intense pleasure. Draco ran his tongue up the middle of her breasts and gently suckled the base of her neck.

Ginny's hips bucked, searching, needing, wanting him. "Please Draco!" she reached her hands between them and guided him to her warm entrance.

They groaned in unison as he entered her, rolling his hips, pushing deeper into her. The bed rocked slightly as they started grinding softly against each other in perfect rhythm.

With the pleasure building inside of Ginny she clutched Draco's head close to hers, pushing her head up to be closer to his, gentle pants escape her lips. "Oh yes," she whispered out.

Draco bit his lip as went a little faster. "Ginny shh…" he said breathlessly.

"I-I d-don't think I can be quiet this time. Oh gods! Oh yes!" Ginny's voice started rising.

Draco ground his teeth together and plunged even deeper into her. He lifted his hand up and placed it over her mouth. "I don't feel like explaining this act of love to our daughter yet," he laughed uneasily as pleasure began coursing through his body.

He dropped his forehead to Ginny's, his hand still covering her mouth, muffling her cries and pants of ecstasy.

"Oh, Ginny," he gasped still managing to hold her cries in as she fell into paradise.

Her hips bucked as she came, her neck arching in pleasure. He bowed his head and bit the base of Ginny's neck as her orgasm continued to course over him. As the last of it faded away Draco reared up, both of his hands on either side of her head, and started pounding frantically into her. Ginny's gasped and clutched Draco's hips taking them both by surprise. She cried out again as she came for the second time. She bit her lip holding in her scream, but still moaning in frantic pleasure. Her muffled moans pushed Draco over the edge as he pushed into her one last time and collapsed on top of her, breathing heavily.

Ginny laughed. "That was wonderful!"

Draco grinned against her neck, still huffing for breath. "I want to make a million babies with you!" he breathed breathlessly.

Ginny giggled. "I don't think we could handle that many."

Draco lifted his head and kissed her temple. "I could if I had you every night like this."

Ginny leaned up and kissed his lips. "Lets just stick with the task at hand."

Draco grinned evilly, but with a tired, sated twinkle in his eye. "You want to give me a baby boy," he stated obviously pleased with the idea.

"And when I do get pregnant again if it's girl, we'll just have to keep trying for boy…won't we?"

Draco shook his head. "God I love you! I don't know what I did to deserve you-" he paused, wetness shimmering in his eyes.

Ginny brought her hand up to his cheek. "You were you. Now you have me for always."

"And we'll remember always that it was a beautiful 6th year red headed Gryffindor that couldn't ride a broom if her life depended on it managed to capture my heart."

Ginny giggled. "We're getting gushy!" she teased as she poked him in the stomach.

He grinned. "Can't have that now can we?"

Ginny pushed him off of her. "Race you to the water!" she challenged and ran towards the sliding door that was connected to their room, she ran on the deck and leapt of the stairs, running on the sand and diving naked into the ocean water.

Draco still slightly surprised admired the way her wet body glistening in the moonlight. He sauntered slowly out onto the deck, down the stairs, and didn't stop until his toes sunk into the wet shelled sand. "You are insane!" he laughed.

Ginny stood up out of the water and walked over to him. "And you are beautiful!" she smiled wrapping her arms around his neck and pushing her wet body to his.

"Men can't be beautiful!"

Ginny grinned against his lips. "They so can too!"

Draco rolled his eyes and rested his hands on her hips. "Race you to the sand bar!" he grinned and in a matter of seconds he leapt around her and was slicing through the water.

"You cheated!" Ginny squealed and dove in after him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's been month! How long is this going to last?" Ron yelled.

George jerked his head back and held his hands over his ears. "It was much better when he was mute and in shock!" he yelled over Ron's frantic screaming.

"Ron, relax. If you think about it, it's probably only been four days for Ginny in her dream. I hope it's a happy one," Percy gave a pathetic smile.

Hermione came bustling through the door, her pasty pale skin, black-circled bagged eyes, rumbled hair and all. Her arms were filled with loose pieces of paper and the black and gold book that had come in three weeks ago. Her eyes were wide, the black circles under her eyes from lack of sleep making her widened eyed look seem endless as she looked at everyone.

"I-I found a cure," she whispered.

To Be Continued…