Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Day Without Rain by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Day Without Rain

gypsybaby21

Chapter Thirteen: Heaven

"Don't touch me! Don't TOUCH me!" Ginny screamed in agonizing pain.

"Okay, okay, I won't touch you," Draco cried out, slightly aggravated. "Just tell me what you want me to do!"

Ginny bared her teeth, sweat dripping into her eyes, and batted the healers hand away from dabbing her wet forehead with a cloth. "GET AWAY FROM ME!"

Draco hated this. He always knew what to do, but now with his newly going into labor wife he didn't even know where to put his hands. He tried holding her hand, but she didn't want that, he tried rubbing her belly, but she spat at him-she didn't want to seem to have anything to do with him.

"Mr. Malfoy please, you're in the way," the healer spoke softly, placing her hands gently against his shoulders.

He glanced up at her, his eyes hopeful. "What can I do?"

"Let her lie against you," she replied. "Here, get behind her-okay know put her head underneath your chin-ah, there you go."

Draco stared down at Ginny and slowly, very lightly started to rock. "I love you Ginny," he said, but his declaration of love was unheard as the healer told her to push and a scream that was almost deafening filled the room. "Is it normal for her to be in this much pain?"

Another dark haired healer glanced up. "First time?"

Draco cocked an eyebrow. "Yes."

"Figured."

Scream.

"Why do you say it like that?"

"It's always the first time Fathers that go mad a little more."

Scream. Curse.

"She's going to be okay though right?" Draco asked worried.

"She'll be fine," the fair-haired healer said.

Head butt. Scream. Howl.

"Come on Mrs. Malfoy, you're doing great!"

Draco grinned dazedly at what the healer called Ginny. He was still getting used to the fact that she was a Malfoy now. He was never going to let her go, never. They would be together forever, both he and Ginny knew it, but the fact that Ginny knew it made his heart soar.

****

"And I was so sure you'd have twins," Draco whispered in Ginny's ear.

Ginny slowly turned her head and a lazy, tired, and worn out grin plastered her face. "Maybe next time, after all, it'll be 90% chance next time."

Draco grinned devilishly. "Next time huh? Hmm, can't wait!"

Ginny raised an eyebrow. "I bet! You aren't the one that to-"

"Yes dear," Draco chortled out.

"Hey," she mumbled, reaching for his hand. "How's ma baby doin'?"

"Are you getting sleepy?" He asked softly as he swayed back and forth with Grace Marie Malfoy in his arms.

Ginny's eyes were open just by a slit. "Mm.'

"Gracie's doing fine. She's beautiful. Gin you better go to sleep, you'll have to feed her again soon."

"Mm-huh," Ginny mumbled, her face turning into the pillow.

"Well Gracie my love, how would you like to see your grandparents?" Draco whispered softly, so as not to disturb the sleeping baby or her mother.

Draco glided to the door, still swaying, his designer black dress shoes clicking somewhat nosily against the white marbled color linoleum. He popped his head out. "Weasley!"

Ron jolted from his place against the wall. "Can we see her?"

"Ginny's sleeping, so is Gracie, but I do see what it would hurt to allow the grandparents to come and see their beautiful granddaughter."

"You want both of them together? My dad and your father in the same room, they're even waiting in separate waiting rooms."

Draco growled and rolled his eyes. "Bloody hell, why couldn't they just make it easy on us like Mum and Molly did and become friends."

Ron shrugged and pushed his hands into his brown corduroy pant pockets, his cream-colored long sleeve shirt dangling over the edge of the pockets. "We're at the point where the women sigh and say 'men!' aren't we?"

Draco clucked his tongue. "Damn."

Ron snorted and cracked the side of his neck. "I'll go get them. I'm sure Mother's about ready to bust."

"Thanks!"

Draco turned back around and went towards Ginny. He gently nudged her so that she would make room for him. He got up on the bed and wrapped the arm that wasn't cradling Grace around Ginny's shoulder. He then did something he hadn't done in awhile…he sang.

"Baby you're all that I want, when you're lying here in my arms. I'm finding it hard to believe, we're in heaven," his voice cracked with emotion.

If someone had told Draco Malfoy that he would fall in love with Ginevra Weasley, have a child with her, and become a sobbing sap, when he was in school he would have cursed them into tomorrow, but there he was about ready to cry, holding his wife Ginny, and his child. He thought he had understood the meaning of happiness, hell, he thought that Ginny was more than enough, but now he had a baby-he just couldn't understand why he deserved this. He'd been a horrible person, not that he was that much better now.

He had known that Ginny deserved better than him, but he was selfish. He had told her that from the beginning, he told her that on their wedding night, if that's what it could be called. Ginny had simply smiled and said she was selfish too, and she planned to keep me until we died.

"Love is all that I need, and I found it there in your heart, it isn't too hard to see, we're in heaven. Oh - once in your life you find someone, who will turn your world around, bring you up when you're feelin' down-"

"I'm sorry, I hope we haven't disturbed you," Arthur Weasley spoke.

Draco stared at Ginny's father and he was almost sad. They had never really patched things up. Of course Arthur had tried, Draco had tried too, but no one was ever good enough for a mans daughter. Arthur would never forgive him and even though they could both learn to tolerate each other, even laugh with each other, it would always be strained, but that was okay…with both of them. Draco knew he'd have a better understanding where Arthur was coming from soon, even though he already respected his views.

"You're fine."

"Oh look at my baby!" Narcissa sobbed. "She's absolutely gorgeous! Molly, you should be the first grandparent to hold her. It's only right that the mother of the daughter hold the child first. You named her Grace Marie right Draco dear?"

"Yes Mother. Please keep you voice down, Ginny's worn out."

Narcissa leaned down and placed a kiss against Ginny's forehead. "Poor dear, I know how she feels."

It was then that Lucius came in, his silver hawk-like eyes focusing on Narcissa. He watched her pull up from caressing Ginny's hair. "Cissa, what are you doing?"

She jolted. "Lucius, you startled me! Come look at your grandbaby," she said, tearing up again.

"Here Cissa," Molly cried softly handing Grace to her.

"She's gorgeous isn't she Lucius?" She asked him as she watched him look over her shoulder.

Narcissa sighed happily and leaned back against her husbands' chest. "Well, she's definitely got more Malfoy in her than Weasley."

"Now see here…" Arthur started.

The bickering began that led to Grace and Ginny waking up, neither one of them seemed surprise by the ruckus. It was as if they both knew their family would always be like this. It was rather comforting actually. Lucius and Arthur arguing about which genetics Grace had more of, Molly and Mother (while holding Grace) shaking their heads and trying to calm them down, and Ginny right by his side, smiling down at each other and knowing that they are the luckiest people in the world.

~Finished---Well, almost-I did promise an epilogue didn't I?